Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
22 March 2013
10.29pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24960
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3881sp_Permalink sp_Print

Believing in the Scottish National Football team. Everytime i believe we will finally get our act together yet every time we find a way to mess it up. Absoluted gutted. Its in blood, you dont give up on your country but my word its heartbreaking.

And i cant even go out and get drunk by drinking my sorrows away.

Hey John’s on the tv singing Jealous Guy . Beatles everywhere i turn, its solo beatle night on Sky Arts 1.hearthearthearthearthearthearta-hard-days-night-john-1a-hard-days-night-john-1a-hard-days-night-john-1a-hard-days-night-john-1a-hard-days-night-john-1apple01apple01apple01apple01apple01apple01apple01

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

23 March 2013
3.56pm
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1807
3882sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m so excited!!! I’m going to see the Fab Faux tonight! :) They’re not The Beatles, but they’re pretty good!

Also known as Egg-Rock, Egg-Roll, E-George, Eggy, Ravioli, Eggroll Eggrolli...

~witty quote~

25 March 2013
7.02am
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
3883sp_Permalink sp_Print

How was that?a-hard-days-night-ringo-8

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

25 March 2013
7.05am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
3884sp_Permalink sp_Print

I went to a Fab Faux concert last night. They were AWESOME!!! They weren’t nearly as good as The Beatles, of course, but they were still great!

They played While My Guitar Gently Weeps , and at the end, they played the extra verse from Anthology, and I mean the actual recording! I kinda got a little freaked out because I thought it was George’s ghost or something at first… but then I realized what was happening. It was just a recording.

I went to see them back in September (I think), and at the concert, there was a guy standing in the aisle dancing and obviously having the time of his life. He was there again this time. :)  I kept reaching down to “fix my shoe” or something like that, and then subtly turning around to see the dancing guy. :)

The second half of the show was Abbey Road , and during I Want You (She’s So Heavy), the main guy in the band got off of the stage and went around the audience. Luckily, I was at the end of an aisle, so he went right by me! :)

The concert was even better than the one in September. :)  Then again, that might just be because I love Abbey Road . :)

(Sorry. This is from the Beatley moments thread. I forgot that I had posted about the concert in this thread.)

~witty quote~

25 March 2013
7.25am
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
3885sp_Permalink sp_Print

Egroeg Evoli said 
(Sorry. This is from the Beatley moments thread. I forgot that I had posted about the concert in this thread.)

Oh, that makes sense. I was going to say you responded really fast for how long it was. Glad you had a good time.

I went to see the Liverpool Legends a couple years ago, and after the intermission, some homeless guy got in and he sat in front of myself, then he took a hotdog and fries out of his coat and started eating. After that, I couldn’t really pay much attention since I was concentrating on trying not to breathe too much. Then people started going in front of the stage and dancing, and that guy was having a blast!

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

27 March 2013
2.11am
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2080
3886sp_Permalink sp_Print

Come on guys, we can make it to page 200 if we push, all together!stay-on-topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…..cVwOtmjWdQ

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

27 March 2013
8.08am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3887sp_Permalink sp_Print

The last sketch was very funny. Have always wished Ringo had stuck to comedy as he had great timing and could down play anything, its why he was so good in the Beatles films as he always looked so innocent regardless of what he was saying, doing. At times i could give him a hug.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

27 March 2013
8.11am
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
3888sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
The last sketch was very funny. Have always wished Ringo had stuck to comedy as he had great timing and could down play anything, its why he was so good in the Beatles films as he always looked so innocent regardless of what he was saying, doing. At times i could give him a hug.

Yes, even now he could be cast in quite a few good witty comedies. 

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

27 March 2013
8.44am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3889sp_Permalink sp_Print

Funny Paper said

meanmistermustard said

Yes, even now he could be cast in quite a few good witty comedies. 

The films he chose are a bit odd and sound terrible, who’s going to sit thru Caveman or Candy after reading each synopsis, they sound dreadful. Even the Magic Christian is meant to have dated badly and thats meant to be one of the better ones. Yet when i see him in interviews and comedy sketches he’s always very funny.

Oh Caveman is on youtube. Its flipping awful, hilariously bad, tho Barbara looks good, no wonder Ringo was interested.

Candy is also up but in parts. From what i briefly saw its terrible, Ringo isnt it in it that often – which may not be a bad thing as its good reason not to suffer.

The Magic Christian again in parts, it has to be better than the other 2.

Ognir Ratts was good in parts, a big benefit being George appearing and narrating, far better than Pauls Give My Regards To Broad Street . Maybe thats what Paul needed – George appearing or a good script and pointless crappy remakes of his songs.

27 March 2013
6.36pm
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
3890sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was thoroughly entertained by Magic Christian.  Haven’t seen the others, though.

Woody Allen should write a movie for him.

27 March 2013
8.05pm
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
3891sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just looked up “Threw It on the Ground” on Google to find a video of it (I’m bored), and I saw that there’s a Wikipedia article about it. I clicked on the article and read it. The video is hilarious, but the seriousness of the Wikipedia article makes it even funnier. :)

~witty quote~

27 March 2013
8.43pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781

I tried to watch the Magic Christian once, but I just..hated it? Or maybe I just didn’t understand it. Caveman has never sounded appealing to me and Candy doesn’t seem too good either. Ognir Ratts sounds lame.

I read once that he was asked to play a big role but he refused. Damn it’s on the tip of my tongue. Something with a secret agent spie thingie, quite well known.

I want to watch the sketch thingie, but right now I’m listening to a friend who’s performing on the radio. He won a contest and just sang Zombie by the Cranberries. Tbh..it wasn’t good. At all. If he was the best, I don’t even want to know how horrible the other contestants were. I’m pleased for him though.

Edit: He just sang something by Billy Idol. My mom thought he sounded like Bowie. He kinda does. But then he did Kryptonite by 3 Doors Down which was veeeery bad

28 March 2013
2.30am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
3893sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said 

far better than Pauls Give My Regards To Broad Street . Maybe thats what Paul needed – George appearing or a good script and pointless crappy remakes of his songs.

Not sure that reads as you intended. Wasn’t Give My Regards To Broad Street  full of “pointless crappy remakes of his songs”. It certainly didn’t need any more. Or am I just reading it wrong? Unless… and I’m just kinda getting this reading of it, you’re suggesting it had “a good script and pointless crappy remakes of his songs” but if it had had George as well that could have saved it! And damn, pet peeve, as grammar is being discussed over in that thread, is the apostrophe (Pauls, thats) so hard? Sorry, I’m in ranting mode.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

28 March 2013
9.13am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3894sp_Permalink sp_Print

See im not that big a grammar person, so an apostrophe was dropped, ive seen worse and moved on and not given a fig or two. Some things bug me like in Newspapers where they miss out words or twitter when they rewrite words that only had 3 words yet make it longer or text speak but the odd work or punctuation online i can move past. And i always spell through as thru, its something ive done for years. Maybe i should hire a proof-reader for every post and take a lesson in punctuation – does it make people scream when i get ;, : and – mixed up? I have no idea and to be honest dont find it that much of an issue to decide to work out (i missed an apostrophe on dont). Apologies to all who’s heads steam up and come out their ears – im not looking for or wanting to cause issues.

As for what i wrote about crappy remakes, i re-read that 3 times and never picked up on it, should have said something else that made sense – dfinately less as i couldnt handle another dire remake of a macca beatles or solo song. He completely rewrote Hold Me Tight  for Red Rose Speedway , changing the words, melody and chords so it was a whole new completely unrelated except for the title song, yet still made it suck.

28 March 2013
9.23am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3895sp_Permalink sp_Print

Disturbing that Mandela’s back in hospital again so soon. I used to be one of the pickets on South Africa House back in the day. I am getting ready but am nowhere near ready. A giant walks among us. We will miss him when he leaves.

The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

28 March 2013
9.35am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3896sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just think an apostrophe changes meaning, Pauls is multiple Paul’s, it’s and its are completely different meanings. I’ve got used to the lack of apostrophe, just saying I don’t think it’s a good thing to lose it overall as it makes a difference.

GMRtBS, I would love to understand what you think. I don’t.

28 March 2013
11.11am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

I think the remakes on GMRtB are dire pieces of CRAP that were entirely pointless and added nothing to the film. I meant to type that George being in it would have been a big improvent (one reason being it’s George, another his sense of humour would have added a lot – if given a chance) and helped the film, much as his appearance in Ognir Ratts achieved the same thing. Otherwise add a good script & plot, losing a load of the dreadful scenes that bog the film down, bringing in an ending that wasnt so bad and annoying (it was all a dream – piss off, ive wasted 85 odd minutes on this crap for it all being a shit dream!!), and spending time to write songs that were good, not spectacular but neither shit remakes or shit new crap like No Values and Not Such a Bad Boy that took Paul all of 2 minutes to write whilst blowing his nose. The only good thing about GMRtB is No More Lonely Nights; Paul could have saved us, and himself, the time and money by releasing that one song the way it was – as a single. May have also helped his career and reputation in the 80’s such as the reception the film got , sadly this marked a notable decline in the quality of his output in the mid-80’s that had been suggested with the Pipes Of Peace LP.

On a different matter have the bbc news on and the reporter in Cyprus is walking about finding it difficult to find people who speak English (maybe they are blanking him), and upon finding someone who can speak Broken English asking how much money they are taking out of the bank. with a crowd around them, and has it been difficult taking money out of the banks since they have been closed?

28 March 2013
12.18pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3898sp_Permalink sp_Print

Disturbing news, the South African president has asked us to pray for Nelson Mandela. A non-routine hospital admission and this. I am fearing the worse. Whether our prayers work this time, we’re obviously getting near to goodbye. I am on the verge of tears even thinking of a world without him. Bless you, Madiba.

28 March 2013
3.24pm
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
3899sp_Permalink sp_Print

mja6758 said
Disturbing that Mandela’s back in hospital again so soon. I used to be one of the pickets on South Africa House back in the day. I am getting ready but am nowhere near ready. A giant walks among us. We will miss him when he leaves.

Mandela… as in Nelson Mandela?

~witty quote~

28 March 2013
4.03pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
3900sp_Permalink sp_Print

Egroeg Evoli said

mja6758 said

Mandela… as in Nelson Mandela?

Yes, Nelson Mandela.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5518
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24960, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694