Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
28 February 2013
11.14pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3761sp_Permalink sp_Print

It COULD be possiblea-hard-days-night-george-9

Now let’s just hope they’ll like me enough to hire.

Am I weird for getting all excited about the fact that next week it’ll be 10 degrees celsius? I’m so sick of the snow and cold. Let spring arrive!

1 March 2013
1.15am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1807
3762sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Is that 50 degrees Fahrenheit? I think I did the math right…

And no, that’s not weird. I love most weather (except excessive heat), but even I am getting sick of the cold. Hooray for spring!

Also known as Egg-Rock, Egg-Roll, E-George, Eggy, Ravioli, Eggroll Eggrolli...

~witty quote~

1 March 2013
1.47am
Long John Silver
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 364
3763sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said
It COULD be possiblea-hard-days-night-george-9

Now let’s just hope they’ll like me enough to hire.

Am I weird for getting all excited about the fact that next week it’ll be 10 degrees celsius? I’m so sick of the snow and cold. Let spring arrive!

In my country it’s like over 14 C so yeah a-hard-days-night-george-10.

Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.

1 March 2013
4.34pm
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5444

I say anbody who DOESN’T anxiously await the end of winter is weird!

It’s been raining/snowing/just below/above freezing here (Toronto-ish) for the past few days, so we get a new layer of disgusting slush one day, only for it to freeze during the night. Argh!

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

2 March 2013
12.24am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
3765sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oooo, latest company having to withdraw products for horsemeat contamination in Europe is Taco Bell UK. How good is the testing in your country? And for those vegetarians laughing at us meat eaters, how sure can you be that your vegetarian cheese isn’t animal rennet being passed off as? We all need to be asking questions about what these long food chains are doing!

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

2 March 2013
7.01am
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
3766sp_Permalink sp_Print

It’s called vegan cheese, if it has rennet in it, then it says so on the package. 

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

2 March 2013
7.32am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

We’ve been being sold lots of things that say beef on the packet, and when they bothered testing turned out to be horsemeat. That was my point, how much can we rely on what it says on the package! So far as I know “vegan cheese” is something completely different to cheese marked as suitable for vegetarians. Difference being that “vegan cheese” has no animal products in it, while “vegetarian cheese” replaces animal rennet with a vegetarian alternative rennet (“from either fungal/bacterial sources or genetically modified micro-organisms” – The Vegetarian Society). There are lots, if not the majority, of vegetarians who do not exclude dairy products, “vegan cheese” is for those who exclude dairy products.

But to re-emphasise my original point, while lots of vegetarians may find it mildly amusing and karma, that meat-eaters have been fooled into eating a meat that appalls them, herbivore or carnivore, we should all be asking more questions about the testing regimes that tell us what the label says it is is what it is.

The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

2 March 2013
10.03am
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
3768sp_Permalink sp_Print

My mom told me the other day that it’s come out that IKEA meatballs are made with horse and reindeer meat (and a little bit of beef, I think). I was horrified because back when I used to eat meat, I had these quite a lot! She said, well, actually, they have done nothing wrong. Nowhere on the packet does it say that they’re beef or pork meatballs. That had never struck me before, and I felt a little sick for a while :(

Mja, you’re right, we all need to be more careful about what we put in our mouths now. Hopefully this scandal will make more people do more home-cooking. That way you know exactly what’s gone into it.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

2 March 2013
11.27am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

Much as I hate to disagree with your mom, fabfouremily, I have to disagree. All foods have to have an ingredients list, and that ingredients list includes the meat content, and what that meat is. In the case of IKEA meatballs, according to the ingredients list, it was meant to be a mixture of beef and pork. No horse. No reindeer (haven’t heard they found reindeer in it). If it doesn’t have horse or reindeer in the ingredients, it shouldn’t have horse or reindeer in the product.

2 March 2013
12.03pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
3770sp_Permalink sp_Print

I see what you’re saying mja, I didn’t know if they put horse ( I heard something about reindeer on the news), on the ingredients list or not. My mom was just saying that they never actually said they were beefballls (tho I suppose if that’s what they put on the ingred. list then that’s what should be in them). All as bad eachother. Are they really making so little money that they have to buy cheap horse meat to fill the food with? And lie to the consumers?

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

2 March 2013
1.50pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3771sp_Permalink sp_Print

I should, at this point, admit to being a complete barbarian. I have no problem with the idea of eating horse meat. Bambi’s very tasty. I look at our teeth and say we are, by nature, an omnivore. I have at times been a vegetarian, dragged back constantly by the smell of bacon. I just choose to avoid low welfare production. I just want to know WHAT I’m eating! Is that too much to ask for? I’m not saying no to anything until I’ve tried it and found I don’t like the taste, but give me the damn choice and don’t trick me into eating it!

2 March 2013
2.11pm
Gerard
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 683
3772sp_Permalink sp_Print

Some ethnic people here still eat “exotic” food like dog meat.

3 March 2013
12.16am
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5444

I can’t see any real problem with eating horse meat either. Supposedly it’s as tasty and generally healthier than beef. But I guess in the Western world most people have a moral objection to eating horses because they seem so companionable or something. Same goes for dog. Or is the eating of dogs evil because they’re so intelligent?

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

3 March 2013
6.59am
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
3774sp_Permalink sp_Print

mja6758 said
I should, at this point, admit to being a complete barbarian. I have no problem with the idea of eating horse meat. Bambi’s very tasty. I look at our teeth and say we are, by nature, an omnivore.

By nature, we are not omnivores. We only became omnivores after the flood, really. Also, I meant to say vegetarian cheese, don’t know why I said vegan cheese. 

3 March 2013
7.09am
Gerard
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 683
3775sp_Permalink sp_Print

unknown said

mja6758 said
I should, at this point, admit to being a complete barbarian. I have no problem with the idea of eating horse meat. Bambi’s very tasty. I look at our teeth and say we are, by nature, an omnivore.

By nature, we are not omnivores. We only became omnivores after the flood, really. Also, I meant to say vegetarian cheese, don’t know why I said vegan cheese. 

So we were herbivores before the flood?

3 March 2013
7.14am
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
3776sp_Permalink sp_Print

Gerell said

unknown said

mja6758 said

So we were herbivores before the flood?

Yeah, we had to become omnivores because all the vegetation got destroyed because of the flood. 

3 March 2013
11.35am
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
3777sp_Permalink sp_Print

mja6758 said

I should, at this point, admit to being a complete barbarian. I have no problem with the idea of eating horse meat. Bambi’s very tasty. I look at our teeth and say we are, by nature, an omnivore. I have at times been a vegetarian, dragged back constantly by the smell of bacon. I just choose to avoid low welfare production. I just want to know WHAT I’m eating! Is that too much to ask for? I’m not saying no to anything until I’ve tried it and found I don’t like the taste, but give me the damn choice and don’t trick me
into eating it!

Bambi’s not a horse but, still, I agree with you. I’m veggie and I think it’s wrong to eat animals (I see it the same way as eating your brother, for example), but if I did eat meat, I would not have a problem with eating horse. It’s all meat so what’s the difference between eating pork or dog? If you can eat one type of meat then you can eat it all.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

3 March 2013
12.13pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3778sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said

Bambi’s not a horse…

Yeah, that was a reference to the idea of (rein)deer.

3 March 2013
2.35pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
3779sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said

Bambi’s not a horse…

Yeah, that was a reference to the idea of (rein)deer.

Oh, I get you.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

4 March 2013
3.07am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1807
3780sp_Permalink sp_Print

Image Enlarger

I just found this. I don’t know if I should put it somewhere else, but there is at least one Beatles reference in it. Who can find it? :)

Also known as Egg-Rock, Egg-Roll, E-George, Eggy, Ravioli, Eggroll Eggrolli...

~witty quote~

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5510
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691