Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
18 February 2013
8.25pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3721sp_Permalink sp_Print

Wisdom teeth can be a bit of a bugger, not always but can be. I’d say you’re better off having someone with you just in case it does leave you feeling a bit woozy.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

18 February 2013
9.12pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24960

At the beginning of my appointment the dentist spent 2 or 3 minutes telling me what nerves are attached to wisdom teeth and what issues there are with having them removed with the obvious aim of getting me to decide to leave things as they were. After seeing the results of xrays i wasnt given the option of not going, i was being referred. Always nice to get the gruesome picture.

Is it a long procedure where you are put under or do you get a local anesthetic? I had to get root canal treatment about 15 years ago (long horrible story why) and was asked if i didnt mind a student or two watching to witness the procedure. Being polite i said sure and about 8 students walked in, surrounded the room, and looked on as the surgeon did whatever he had to do. Weird experience. 

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

18 February 2013
9.34pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3723sp_Permalink sp_Print

I don’t think they’re the easiest extraction, and from a couple of friends who had them removed, it was done under gas, and they were told they had to have someone with them.

The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

19 February 2013
3.00am
Tor_Hershman
The Place Of The Skull, West Virginié
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 1
3724sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am know as such a thread killer I’ll have a go at derailing this one…

Some of me wee parodies…..

a tor hershman parody Image Enlarger

a tor hershman parodyImage Enlarger

a tor hershman parodyImage Enlarger

19 February 2013
4.50pm
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5444
3725sp_Permalink sp_Print

OK, those were pretty lame.

But the thread’s been designated as “impossible to derail”, so…

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

21 February 2013
11.06pm
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1807
3726sp_Permalink sp_Print

I. Am. So. Mad.

I spent about half an hour typing text to create a Beatles Wordle (wordle.net, if anyone is interested and/or doesn’t know what Wordle is) only to discover that it requires Java, which my mom made me uninstall because there are some possible problems with the newest version. But at least I don’t need Java to post on this site!

Also known as Egg-Rock, Egg-Roll, E-George, Eggy, Ravioli, Eggroll Eggrolli...

~witty quote~

22 February 2013
12.02am
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5444
3727sp_Permalink sp_Print

Never heard of wordle, had to look ’em up. Those word-clouds look pretty cool indeed! I can’t imagine what practical use they have, though, aside from decorating introductory letters from advertising agencies or some such.

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

22 February 2013
12.09am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
3728sp_Permalink sp_Print

vonbontee said
Never heard of wordle, had to look ’em up. Those word-clouds look pretty cool indeed! I can’t imagine what practical use they have, though, aside from decorating introductory letters from advertising agencies or some such.

My science teacher (she’s pretty awesome) had us create Wordles as study tools. Words that are more frequent in the original text appear bigger than the other words in the word cloud, so it helps us to figure out which terms are more important. Also, in a newspaper from before the American presidential election, there were Wordles comparing one of Barack Obama’s speeches to one of Mitt Romney’s speeches, and it showed which words they used frequently.

~witty quote~

22 February 2013
12.36am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3729sp_Permalink sp_Print

Have seen a Beatles Wordle before. It was done from putting in all the song lyrics, but missing out things like “the”, “and”, and “a”. Showed words like “love”, “you” and “her” very big, while needing to squint for things like “sexy”, “Eleanor” and “Sadie”.

22 February 2013
3.57am
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2080
3730sp_Permalink sp_Print

Egroeg, If you have Word and can do whatever you’re doing in Word, you can create your own Wordle effect — just do a search & replace where you put the same word in both search and replace, but specify in the replace box options a much larger font size.  Then before you hit enter to perform the search & replace, make sure you select the “replace all” option.

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

22 February 2013
3.59am
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2080
3731sp_Permalink sp_Print

And Now For Something Completely Different…

Egroeg in the “food pun” topic said she didn’t know who the “Rutles” were.  They were none other than members of Monty Python.

(P.S.:  For anyone who has ever watched their TV show and specials they had back in the 70s (still available of course on YouTube and other sites), they frequently segued from one comedy sketch to another with the phrase I used at the top.)

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

22 February 2013
4.07am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
3732sp_Permalink sp_Print

Funny Paper said
Egroeg, If you have Word and can do whatever you’re doing in Word, you can create your own Wordle effect — just do a search & replace where you put the same word in both search and replace, but specify in the replace box options a much larger font size.  Then before you hit enter to perform the search & replace, make sure you select the “replace all” option.

Thanks, I’ll try it!

~witty quote~

22 February 2013
4.08am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
3733sp_Permalink sp_Print

Funny Paper said
And Now For Something Completely Different…

Egroeg in the “food pun” topic said she didn’t know who the “Rutles” were.  They were none other than members of Monty Python.

(P.S.:  For anyone who has ever watched their TV show and specials they had back in the 70s (still available of course on YouTube and other sites), they frequently segued from one comedy sketch to another with the phrase I used at the top.)

I thought they were just a band who parodied the Beatles. I didn’t know they were from Monty Python. Cool!

~witty quote~

22 February 2013
4.13am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

And now for something quite samey…

Egroeg already been picked up on lack of Rutles knowledge on another thread, with a couple of clips, followed by her saying she’d been to Wikipedia to look them up.

Here’s a question for you Funny, did you know there’s a Rutles Love parody on YouTube, put together by a fan and not a Rutle. If you don’t go hunting, it’s called Lunch, and is fantastic.

EDIT: I’ve put it up in Beatle LOLs!

https://www.beatlesbible.com/f…..43/#p66467

22 February 2013
4.45am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
3735sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sometimes I wonder if all of the other people online are like me, just waiting for someone else to post…

~witty quote~

22 February 2013
4.53am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

I’m always waiting for someone else to post. You need someone to reply to. There are those you hope post more than others! You’re on the list of those I try finding something to entertaining to say. After all, you were the first to say hello.

22 February 2013
5.12am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
3737sp_Permalink sp_Print

mja6758 said
I’m always waiting for someone else to post. You need someone to reply to. There are those you hope post more than others! You’re on the list of those I try finding something to entertaining to say. After all, you were the first to say hello.

~witty quote~

22 February 2013
5.27am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
3738sp_Permalink sp_Print

On a different note, and therefore a different post, what does one do if they burn their hand on a toaster? It’s not a particularly bad burn, but still…

~witty quote~

22 February 2013
5.33am
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
3739sp_Permalink sp_Print

I did that when I was like eight, it’s just really tempting, you know. Even now I will get the urge sometimes, but I don’t do it because it’s not a great experience. I held my hand in ice for like three hours, it was really painful.

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

22 February 2013
5.38am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3740sp_Permalink sp_Print

We had one of those cookers that had a grill above it when I was little. Our cat, Tigger, always used to sleep curled up on it. Which made toast in the morning hard. Until the grill was lit a few times. She moved to sleeping on top of the fridge for some reason.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5518
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24960, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694