Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
23 January 2013
1.24am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1807
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3601sp_Permalink sp_Print

Random Joke-type-thing:

Two guys walk into a bar. The other one ducks.

a-hard-days-night-george-10

Also known as Egg-Rock, Egg-Roll, E-George, Eggy, Ravioli, Eggroll Eggrolli...

~witty quote~

23 January 2013
12.35pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
3602sp_Permalink sp_Print

Egroeg Evoli said
Random Joke-type-thing:

Two guys walk into a bar. The other one ducks.

2 blondes walk into a building…you’d think one of them would have seen it.a-hard-days-night-george-9

meanmistermustard said
Either give me the freezing weather with the snow or make it 50 degrees (UK temp-wise) in the shade but not freezing with no snow. Wheres the benefit of that?

That is what we will be dealing with over the next 3 to 4 days here in the northeastern U.S.

Where I live in Maine, today’s high temperature is going to be 9(F). paul-mccartney

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

24 January 2013
8.21pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
3603sp_Permalink sp_Print

Saw these on yahoo news where a massive freeze in Chicago met with huge fire (there are another 7 up but its a fight to get them to copy and paste). Quite incredible and amazing.

Water that splashed onto the …Image Enlarger

Two firefighters and their …Image Enlarger

Temperatures have plummeted …Image Enlarger

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

24 January 2013
11.24pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
3604sp_Permalink sp_Print

Wow sweet baby Jesus!

It’s not a good thing but it sure looks cool.

Over here it’s still cold, trains don’t arrive in time or don’t go at all..Fortunately it’s been predicted that the snow will thaw next week. I’ll finally be able to wear my new shoes and go to school at normal hours instead of arriving an hour early.

We thought the dog would enjoy the snow, but it was way too cold for a walk. She started yelping a bit and hiding between my legs. Poor thing was all cold and frozen.

I’ve had a very rough week and I’m so glad it’s weekend for me now. Yaay

25 January 2013
4.57am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
3605sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
Saw these on yahoo news where a massive freeze in Chicago met with huge fire (there are another 7 up but its a fight to get them to copy and paste). Quite incredible and amazing.

Water that splashed onto the …Image Enlarger

Two firefighters and their …Image Enlarger

Temperatures have plummeted …Image Enlarger

Whoa…

I love snow! Why won’t it snow where I live?

~witty quote~

25 January 2013
5.27am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
3606sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sorry for the double post, but I have a question regarding Microsoft Word. Figured maybe the people on the forum could help me.

I typed “‘Here. Hold this.'” And it said “Here.” wasn’t a word. When I deleted the period, it accepted it. Why doesn’t it consider “Here.” a word?

~witty quote~

25 January 2013
5.54am
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2098
3607sp_Permalink sp_Print

Egroeg Evoli said
Sorry for the double post, but I have a question regarding Microsoft Word. Figured maybe the people on the forum could help me.

I typed “‘Here. Hold this.'” And it said “Here.” wasn’t a word. When I deleted the period, it accepted it. Why doesn’t it consider “Here.” a word?

I think it’s maybe because they don’t consider it a sentence?  I have a mac and it does that too, but with a blue underline, which I guess means it’s not a proper sentence.  When it’s a red line it means the word is spelled wrong.

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

25 January 2013
6.22am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
3608sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yeah, but the underline was red, not blue, like it was considering “Here.” a word. Doesn’t really matter, though…

~witty quote~

25 January 2013
6.30am
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2098
3609sp_Permalink sp_Print

Stupid artificial intelligence acting like it’s smarter than us.  We’ll show them!…  a-hard-days-night-paul-10

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

25 January 2013
9.00am
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2080
3610sp_Permalink sp_Print

Egroeg Evoli said

That Word function may be smarter than I thought.  I think in your example, the “Here” should not have a period (perhaps a semi-colon or an em-dash would be more correct).  But in another context it should — like as the answer to the question, “Where is it?”

If I’m right, that means Word detected not only the “Here.” part, but also its wider context. 

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

25 January 2013
11.30pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3611sp_Permalink sp_Print

We got heavy snow here this afternoon after a lighter fall early this morning. It was beautiful; huge fat chunky flakes for about 2 1/2 hours. Everything became white and looked amazing, all you could see for miles was white fields, tree’s, cars, houses and its so much fun to be out in. Thats why its so good being out in the country but only a short walk to the town – one way past wide open fields, the other thru woods. This is how Winter should be.

Sadly we now have rain. Boooooo!!!!!!!

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

26 January 2013
12.03am
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
3612sp_Permalink sp_Print

Finally got some good snow today here, too. So exiting I skipped swimming so I could walk home in the snow. Swimming is so stupid, anyways. I am just not a good swimmer, and what is doing laps I the pool with a noodle supposed to help me with?

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

26 January 2013
2.59am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3613sp_Permalink sp_Print

SPOILER ALERT – For those who havent seen The Dark Knight Rises yet but plan to DO NOT READ ON.

———————————————————————————————————————–

The latest Batman series is amazing and all that but why couldnt they have Bruce Wayne die instead of getting the girl and moving on to a better, more content life? Would have been a far far better ending than this cheesy Good-Guy-must-survive-and-win-the-heroine’s-heart nonsense – the good guy actually lays down his life and dies for the greater Good. 

Once again i walk away from a film pissed at an ending that caters for stupid audiences who cant handle an ending that doesnt end with the fairy story.blue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanie

26 January 2013
5.54am
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
3614sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just joined Twitter and added McCartney’s feed.  I saw a recent Tweet from McCartney where he says something like “enjoyed watching James in the studio making his new album” — does he mean James Taylor…?

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

26 January 2013
6.18am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
3615sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’d assume he means son James. I saw a filmed report a few months back (probably BBC) which included him performing and talking about how daunting going into the studio is when you’re Paul McCartney ‘s son.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

26 January 2013
10.33am
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
3616sp_Permalink sp_Print

Funny Paper said
I just joined Twitter and added McCartney’s feed.  I saw a recent Tweet from McCartney where he says something like “enjoyed watching James in the studio making his new album” — does he mean James Taylor…?

No, he means his son – who´s recording his new album.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

26 January 2013
5.49pm
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
3617sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks — I forgot about his son James.

27 January 2013
5.42pm
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
3618sp_Permalink sp_Print

Perhaps not many know that the great actor Jack Lemmon also played jazz piano.

Imagine if Jack Lemmon had collaborated with John Lennon .  Their songs would be credited as “Lennon/Lemmon” songs…a-hard-days-night-john-7

27 January 2013
9.27pm
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
3619sp_Permalink sp_Print

Can you figure out what’s special about this song? (No, not that it’s a Bob Dylan parody.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…..ej4xJe4Tdg

~witty quote~

27 January 2013
9.48pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
3620sp_Permalink sp_Print

The “John Lennon ” figure standing with the “Allen Ginsberg” figure to the left of the picture throughout, until both walk off at the end.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22227, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694