Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
26 December 2012
9.16am
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3541sp_Permalink sp_Print

You’re welcome.

Yeah it’s kinda difficult for me to explain it too haha.

26 December 2012
6.21pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
3542sp_Permalink sp_Print

Is anyone a fan of or listened to the Bonzo Dog [Doo Dah] Band? I have vouchers for itunes and considering Death Cab for Cutie is such a cool song (thanks MMT) was thinking of getting some of their work. Was thinking about starting off with Gorilla as its only £4.99 so if its tiresome i havent lost out much yet you can get Cornology which is nearly everything for only an extra £8. So is it worth jumping in and getting drowned or going for a little dip in the waters?

I could always just get complete kisses by Macca but would be nice to get something by someone new.

Another option is the Rutles, anyone know much about them. Do the songs blow when taken out of the film context?

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

26 December 2012
6.57pm
Ben Ramon
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 613

meanmistermustard said
Another option is the Rutles, anyone know much about them. Do the songs blow when taken out of the film context?

They are good spoofs but I wouldn’t bother listening to their music outside the film context. “Cheese and Onions” I’ve always considered a particularly good Lennon pastiche, sounds exactly like the kind of thing he would write both musically and lyrically.

hl=en-GB&gl=GB

SHUT UP - Paulie's talkin'

26 December 2012
8.00pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Ben Ramon said

meanmistermustard said

They are good spoofs but I wouldn’t bother listening to their music outside the film context. “Cheese and Onions” I’ve always considered a particularly good Lennon pastiche, sounds exactly like the kind of thing he would write both musically and lyrically.

Yeah cant see there being a ‘gotta listen to the rutles’ moment tho the songs are to their credit quite good in the movie where they work well as  pastiches. Thanks Ben.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

26 December 2012
9.38pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3545sp_Permalink sp_Print

In iTunes you can purchase for £10.99 Live at The Star Club in Germany (The Complete Sessions with Bonus Tracks). The bonus tracks are Love Me Do and PS I Love You with Andy White on drums.

A load of questions

Apple won the legal rights to the Star Club tapes in 1999, George H was a key witness, so surely these arent legit?

Love Me Do and PS I Love You are owned by Paul and Apple so surely these arent legit either?

The only thing i can think of is the 50 year copyright law but that was extended to 75 years in the UK so surely they are covered by that and therefore wouldnt apply. Actually its not even 50 years as that would be 31st December 2012 as defined by the recording date and the release was October 2012 anyway.

Plus the LMD and PSILY are selling for 79p each, all official beatle tracks are set at 99p (UK prices) as set in stone by Apple and Apple so that also says they are arent official.

So what are they doing on itunes? Wouldnt Apple (the beatle one) not be riled and annoyed by this?

27 December 2012
12.57am
thewordislove94
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 181
3546sp_Permalink sp_Print

This is very interesting… Two of the songs on this album, Red Hot and Road Runner, did not appear on the Live! at The Star Club in Hamburg album. Would those two songs be legal to release? I need to see if this is available in the U.S.

"The world is a very serious and, at times, very sad place - but at other times it is all such a joke."-George Harrison

27 December 2012
4.29pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3547sp_Permalink sp_Print

There are a couple of other releases which are nothing more than copies of bootlegs so it wouldnt surprise me if the Star Club is a copy of the Purple Chick release with the first beatles single tacked on at the end. I doubt its been sanctioned by Apple.

Does anyone know if the 50 year copyright stuff is fully sanctioned and legal or is it after a certain year? Are we going to see the Please Please Me album regurgitated on some crappy label after all? I doubt Apple (the beatle one) would be too chuffed. Im not a huge fan of how Apple have managed the beatles catalogue and what we get but one thing i do hugely admire is that there arent 40,000 shit compilations available that offer nothing and confuse everyone like with Elvis, Buddy Holly, Johnny Cash who have 26,849 greatest hits. Tho they got close in the years ’76 to ’82.

I wonder if Apple would reward me for drawing their attention to this?

27 December 2012
8.45pm
thewordislove94
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 181
3548sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m not from the U.K., but I believe that the 50 year copyright law has been extended to 70 years. This album is not available on itunes in the U.S. because the copyright laws state that other labels can release songs 120 years after creation or 95 years after publication. As for Apple rewarding you, you could only find out by contacting them.

"The world is a very serious and, at times, very sad place - but at other times it is all such a joke."-George Harrison

28 December 2012
3.07am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3549sp_Permalink sp_Print

Apple would probably sue me for not informing them immediately upon discovering its existence.

3 January 2013
3.12am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1807
3550sp_Permalink sp_Print

I wasn’t sure where to post this but…

Um… anybody notice that there’s a picture of Paul for the section labeled “The Beatles”?

a-hard-days-night-george-4a-hard-days-night-ringo-4

Also known as Egg-Rock, Egg-Roll, E-George, Eggy, Ravioli, Eggroll Eggrolli...

~witty quote~

5 January 2013
2.00am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
3551sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi. Is it okay if I rant about my horrible day real quick? I promise I won’t post anymore negative stuff.

Okay.

So I had to take a test today, and I know I failed because I skipped a whole page and then realized it, but we weren’t allowed to go back and fix or change anything. Then somebody bumped into me and I fell in the hallway and all of my books and papers flew everywhere. Then I collected everything, got up, someone else pushed me, and I hit my head really hard on the wall. I had a horrible headache for the rest of the day. Other than that, things were mostly okay for the rest of the school day, until last period, when, to top everything off, someone told me that my old friend from middle school had passed away. I went home and looked it up on the Internet, and it’s true.

Sorry for being so depressing. I’m better now. Thank you for your time.

(By the way, he wasn’t really my friend, just someone I sorta knew. It’s still sad, though.)

~witty quote~

5 January 2013
2.02am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Always allowed a rant here so when required feel free. Same goes to anyone else. Hope you feel better Egroeg and you have a fantastic tomorrow.

I’m currently ill and not happy about it. Need to go to bed as its 8 minutes past 2 in the morning but am listening to John which shouldnt be a surprise considering another thread. He’s currently happily singing away on an outtake of Move Over Ms L. I dont want to move but need to crawlhearta-hard-days-night-john-1heart.

5 January 2013
6.30am
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
3553sp_Permalink sp_Print

Egroeg Evoli said
Hi. Is it okay if I rant about my horrible day real quick? I promise I won’t post anymore negative stuff.

Okay.

So I had to take a test today, and I know I failed because I skipped a whole page and then realized it, but we weren’t allowed to go back and fix or change anything. Then somebody bumped into me and I fell in the hallway and all of my books and papers flew everywhere. Then I collected everything, got up, someone else pushed me, and I hit my head really hard on the wall. I had a horrible headache for the rest of the day. Other than that, things were mostly okay for the rest of the school day, until last period, when, to top everything off, someone told me that my old friend from middle school had passed away. I went home and looked it up on the Internet, and it’s true.

(By the way, he wasn’t really my friend, just someone I sorta knew. It’s still sad, though.)

Damn, you have some rude people in your school! Maybe you walk too slow. I hate when people walk slow in school hallways, or when people decide to stop in the middle of the hallway, or a doorway to have a conversation. People also like to stand in front of my locker, and then don’t move when I’m putting in the code so I have to push them. Those are the only people I push, but I do it nicely. I never do it with enough force for somebody to fall and drop all their stuff, or bang their head. Sorry you had such a bad day, Egroeg, now it’s the weekend, so that should be better. Have some George smileys, yoahdn_george_08a-hard-days-night-george-10a-hard-days-night-george-9a-hard-days-night-george-2a-hard-days-night-george-2a-hard-days-night-george-3a-hard-days-night-george-4ahdn_george_06!

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

7 January 2013
9.13pm
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
3554sp_Permalink sp_Print

unknown said

Egroeg Evoli said

Okay.

Damn, you have some rude people in your school! Maybe you walk too slow. I hate when people walk slow in school hallways, or when people decide to stop in the middle of the hallway, or a doorway to have a conversation. People also like to stand in front of my locker, and then don’t move when I’m putting in the code so I have to push them. Those are the only people I push, but I do it nicely. I never do it with enough force for somebody to fall and drop all their stuff, or bang their head. Sorry you had such a bad day, Egroeg, now it’s the weekend, so that should be better. Have some George smileys, yoahdn_george_08a-hard-days-night-george-10a-hard-days-night-george-9a-hard-days-night-george-2a-hard-days-night-george-2a-hard-days-night-george-3a-hard-days-night-george-4ahdn_george_06!

ahdn_george_08a-hard-days-night-george-9

~witty quote~

11 January 2013
6.05pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3555sp_Permalink sp_Print

Anyone know a way of getting thru writers block? Words dont come easily.

11 January 2013
6.22pm
BluemeanAl
North Carolina, USA
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 163
3556sp_Permalink sp_Print

Wow, writer’s block.  Strange that I was lying in bed this morning not wanting to get up to go to work (unusual for a Friday), thinking about what seems to be a steady decline in the number of, length of , and quality of posts I make on various sites, as if I’m either running out of ideas, running out of words, or running out of ambition — likely all three.  Given the effect that winter generally has on my mood (happens often enough that I’m of the opinion that I have a bit of that SAD thing going on), I’d marked it up to just that. 

Authentic writer’s block?  I can’t say that I’ve ever heard much good advice for that.  Get away from it for a while, or work through it?

I have no good ideas (see?), but plenty of sympathy, MMrM… 

It's gotta be rock and roll music if you wanna dance with me

12 January 2013
12.01am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
3557sp_Permalink sp_Print

I sympathize too. Have you read Stephen King’s On Writing? It’s incredibly inspiring.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

12 January 2013
3.06am
Gerard
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 683
3558sp_Permalink sp_Print

My professor once told me that Free Writing seems to be a good way to overcome writer’s block. You would write EVERYTHING that comes out of your head, preferably on a computer so it would be easier to look back on what you have written. Eventually you would come up with something.

If that doesn’t work take a break, and hopefully during the break you would come up with something brilliant without even realising it.

12 January 2013
4.49am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4621
3559sp_Permalink sp_Print

Guys, I wish I could spend more time in here, but I’m very busy, I’m in the middle of doing a lot of projects. But I’ll lurk the topics :)

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

15 January 2013
1.02am
Gerard
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 683
3560sp_Permalink sp_Print

The same professor told us to watching the film: Finding Forrester, it had something to do with writing. The acclaimed author’s technique was writing without prior thinking, he encouraged to pound the keys on the typewriter (and in this case keyboards). This should be your first draft. This is where the thinking begins.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
NJtoTX, seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22233, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694