Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
23 September 2012
11.30pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3341sp_Permalink sp_Print

Richard Kiel (he who played Jaws in 2 James Bond movies) is a legend. Saw him on Soccer AM and was reminded just how fantastic he is as a person.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

24 September 2012
5.35pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
3342sp_Permalink sp_Print

Got a sore throat and my tonsils feel furry. Hate days like this.

On a positive note, I’ve heard about a new McCartney dvd release titled Live Kisses. I take it it will be about the making of the album so I dunno whether I’ll bother buying it.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

24 September 2012
5.50pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3343sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said
Got a sore throat and my tonsils feel furry. Hate days like this.

On a positive note, I’ve heard about a new McCartney dvd release titled Live Kisses. I take it it will be about the making of the album so I dunno whether I’ll bother buying it.

Its a dvd of the concert Paul gave at Capitol with a number of extras (interviews, all 6 videos of My Valentine ). Im sure its lovely.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

25 September 2012
9.04pm
Dipsy
Turned left at Greenland
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 238
3344sp_Permalink sp_Print

I don’t know if there are any fellow Villagers fans on this site, but Conor J. O’Brien just announced his new album–Awayland–is being released in January 2013! Discovering this news on the release date of Mumford and Sons’ new album, Babel, has officially made this one of the best days EVERRR!!!

"I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know? I'm just one of those people."

26 September 2012
2.18pm
bluesubmarine
Casbah Coffee Club
Members
Forum Posts: 16
3345sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh my God . It’s been a hell of a long time that I haven’t been on this forum. I now realise that there is no longer a Math captcha you have to solve before you want to post a reply.

"The marks humans leave are too often scars"

26 September 2012
4.36pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
3346sp_Permalink sp_Print

It’s Abbey Road ‘s anniversary today!!

So I’m celebrating by listening to this pure wondefulness.

And it is wonderful.

(I think I may have only just realised exactly how wondeful it is. a-hard-days-night-ringo-6a-hard-days-night-ringo-6)

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

26 September 2012
5.16pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
3347sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8I’ll be celebrating as well by listening to it – as if I need an excuse.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

26 September 2012
6.08pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Andy Williams has sadly died at his home aged 84. A true musical great he was and had some absolutely amazing songs that brought so much joy and pleasure to millions and will stand the test of time. Let his music speak of his greatness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…..xahtnSAzgU

26 September 2012
7.58pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
3349sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8I remember watching his Christmas Specials every year as a kid. This feels like part of my childhood just died.

R.I.P. Andy – you will be missed.ahdn_george_05

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

26 September 2012
9.36pm
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5457
3350sp_Permalink sp_Print

Never heard his music (“Moon River” aside) or seen his TV specials, but I give him credit for discovering the Osmonds. RIP, dude.

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

27 September 2012
3.29pm
Dipsy
Turned left at Greenland
Members
3351sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welp, that was an atrocious Algebra test! Don’t you just love when you do so well on assignments and quizzes, but you totally blank when the day of the test actually arrives? a-hard-days-night-ringo-13 *sigh* ahdn_george_05

"I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know? I'm just one of those people."

27 September 2012
4.16pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3352sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yip but im sure you did better than you think, thats what usually happend in these things. Just wait til the results come thru and see what you got and there is nothing you can do about it now so no point dwelling on it.

For my French Oral exam right at the beginning i proclaimed i knew no French and walked out. I got an E, the lowest grade possible aside from not turning up which was an F. Im quite proud of that.

Have an apple and enjoy the rest of the day.apple01

27 September 2012
4.25pm
Dipsy
Turned left at Greenland
Members
3353sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
For my French Oral exam right at the beginning i proclaimed i knew no French and walked out. I got an E, the lowest grade possible aside from not turning up which was an F. Im quite proud of that.

Is that seriously a real thing?! a-hard-days-night-ringo-6 Hahaha! a-hard-days-night-john-6a-hard-days-night-john-6a-hard-days-night-john-6

meanmistermustard said
Yip but im sure you did better than you think, thats what usually happend in these things. Just wait til the results come thru and see what you got and there is nothing you can do about it now so no point dwelling on it.

I try not to dwell on it; but this is the first time in my life I have actually been doing well in math, so it’s a bit discouraging that I may have not done so hot on my first test when I’ve been making really good grades on the rest of my assignments. But–hey–what can ya do? I was born with an English and art mind anyways. ahdn_george_08

Have an apple and enjoy the rest of the day.apple01

And thanks for the apple! a-hard-days-night-ringo-10ahdn_ringo_09a-hard-days-night-ringo-10

27 September 2012
4.49pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3354sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yip a very true French test story. I hated French right from the off and the teachers didnt help being snobby, uptight a-holes who looked down on you as if you were a piece of excrement for not daring not to know the French for “Do you know the way to Paris?” right from the off. You were immediately cast as either worthwhile subjects fortunate to linger in their warm glow or vermin not worth looking at.

I hate teachers who dont give a toss about pupils based on first class alone.

You may be surprised with the results as the mind knows more than we think and give it credit for, plus humans have a way of looking at exams badly. If you were good in the tests and quizzes im sure it would have manifested in the exam. 

27 September 2012
5.01pm
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5457
3355sp_Permalink sp_Print

MMM’s story reminds me of MY 8th grade French class, when the teacher gave Jason Smith (class clown/stoner) a phrase to translate and he replied “I dunno”, to which she protested that if he didn’t know, he should properly say so in French: “Je ne sais pas”. So he filed that away in his memory; and later on when she asked a question of the class in general, he was the first one with his hand up, just so he could stand up and use his new phrase proudly proclaim his ignorance en francais! Hahaha. It pissed the teacher off, naturally; but when ISN’T a French teacher angry?

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

27 September 2012
5.36pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
3356sp_Permalink sp_Print

Has somebody done a cover of ‘Come Together ‘ recently? Yesterday I was out shopping and I heard it twice, which made me think that maybe it was from not very long ago. It was a female voice, that’s all I know.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

27 September 2012
5.38pm
Dipsy
Turned left at Greenland
Members

You guys are starting to make me reconsider what foreign language I’m going to take in the next couple of years. Since I’m going into the Peace Corps for a couple of years after I graduate, I’m going to have to learn either Spanish (to work in South America) or French (to work in Africa). I was leaning more towards French so I could use my handy skills on a vacation to France once my work with the Peace Corps was finished; but if the majority of French teachers are actually like that, I’m not so sure I would want to deal with one for two years… a-hard-days-night-john-7blue-meaniea-hard-days-night-john-7

27 September 2012
5.43pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
3358sp_Permalink sp_Print

My French teacher isn’t like that so they can’t all be.

She’s just mad.

Once last year, somebody in my class cut their finger and because they were talking about it instead of listening to what the teacher was saying, she ran out of the class and up the corridor screaming ”Somebody call an ambulance. She’s going to die of blood loss!”

I’m not joking.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

27 September 2012
9.32pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Im sure there are some very nice French teachers, there must be.

However here’s a true story. Was in a Foundation French class (the lowest rung possible) at school about 16/17 years ago and there was This Boy who had been off for 2 to 3 weeks for some legit reason but didnt particulary like French and so there was a tension between him and the female teacher (her mentioned above who seemed to hate anyone who couldnt speak French). We are having a revision class where the teacher would go around asking you questions which you had to answer in French having learnt the replies but the guy hadnt been in so didnt have a clue what the answers were to the questions. The teacher didnt believe he didnt know them and refused to believe he had been off and it got into a heated arguement, at first between the two but quickly with some other pupils who backed him up that he had been absent however the teacher still refused to listen. This went on for about 10 minutes before the teacher stormed out, got the Head French Teacher to take over, and refused to teach the class again.  

One of the highlights of the year that was. brian-epstein

27 September 2012
10.09pm
The Walrus
Working for the national health
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1026
3360sp_Permalink sp_Print

I had perfectly adequate French teachers, I just wasn’t very good at speaking it.

I can understand what people are saying, but that isn’t very useful unless they are monologuing.

I told her I didn’t 

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: kelicopter, Richard
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5520
Newest Members:
NJtoTX, seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22240, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694