Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
19 September 2012
6.13pm
annab93
Over the Rainbow
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 117
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3321sp_Permalink sp_Print

I don’t know where all of you are from, but Americans are OBSESSED with the royals. Obsessed. So for something like this to happen, the American media will go absolutely insane and won’t shut up about it for probably another few weeks. That’s how American media is, I feel: report every single little thing that happens and act like it’s huge news.

Obviously, it was very rude of that photographer to take those pictures, but Americans hold on to every scandal like a dog holds on to steak. They just won’t give it up until they’ve picked apart all that they could.

You make your own dream.

19 September 2012
7.09pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
3322sp_Permalink sp_Print

So will the next pics of Victoria Beckham or some other celeb be passed over by The Sun, Daily Star or any other of the tabloids? Of course not, they wont be able to get the money out and print them quick enough. It wont even occur to them to ask how the photos were gained.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

19 September 2012
7.48pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
3323sp_Permalink sp_Print

annab93 said
I don’t know where all of you are from, but Americans are OBSESSED with the royals. Obsessed. So for something like this to happen, the American media will go absolutely insane and won’t shut up about it for probably another few weeks. That’s how American media is, I feel: report every single little thing that happens and act like it’s huge news.

Obviously, it was very rude of that photographer to take those pictures, but Americans hold on to every scandal like a dog holds on to steak. They just won’t give it up until they’ve picked apart all that they could.

I think you may be referring to the American Media being obsessed with the Royals.

Personally, this American could not possibly care less if the queen herself was photograped topless.two-virgins 

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

19 September 2012
8.27pm
annab93
Over the Rainbow
London Palladium
Members
3324sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 this is true, Zig. the American media is obsessed with the Royals (it just makes it seem like the rest of America is too). Thanks for bringing that up!

You make your own dream.

19 September 2012
9.09pm
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3325sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yeah – I don’t know why that is. I realize it is a small sample, but I can’t recall anyone I’ve ever known giving a rat’s sphincter about what the Royal lunatics were up to. The media here keeps ramming it down our throats as if we care. What a waste of time.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

19 September 2012
9.22pm
annab93
Over the Rainbow
London Palladium
Members
3326sp_Permalink sp_Print

At this point, I would agree. A few years ago I was all excited about the royal wedding and such, but now I’m getting kind of sick of hearing about them. It’s just that they chronicle every single move they make and act as though everyone cares. It’s getting pretty old.

You make your own dream.

19 September 2012
9.31pm
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3327sp_Permalink sp_Print

OK, moving forward.

Big Bang Theory – why have I not been watching this show from the very beginning? It seems that every network except possibly the Food Network is airing the syndicated reruns. There is no time of day when no one is airing an episode of this show. So, me and the Missus decided to check it out one night. Now, we are recording every episode we can find.

Love. This. Show.

19 September 2012
10.57pm
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5456
3328sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ha, I only discovered it myself last year! I fell in love instantly as well and watched every episode I could – it was on about 3 times a day on different networks…but I believe the scripts really went downhill about 2010 or so. New episodes pretty much suck. Just my opinion.

It’s pretty cool how each of the main 4 corresponds to a Beatle! (Howard = Ringo, Raj = George, Sheldon = Paul, Leonard = John)

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

20 September 2012
1.20am
Long John Silver
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 364
3329sp_Permalink sp_Print

Why you think Sheldon is Paul and Leonard John?

Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.

20 September 2012
1.22am
annab93
Over the Rainbow
London Palladium
Members
3330sp_Permalink sp_Print

I want to start watching it from the beginning! Maybe I’ll ask for it on DVD for Christmas :D

You make your own dream.

20 September 2012
1.34am
FlyOn13
New Jersey, USA
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 198
3331sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh my God , my favorite non-Beatles topic: THE BIG BANG THEORY!!!!!
If you’re not watching it already, you NEED to start.

feature=youtube_gdata_player

Love Amy’s tiara. heart

“I was special. I always have been. Why didn't anyone notice me?"
-John Lennon

20 September 2012
3.23am
annab93
Over the Rainbow
London Palladium
Members
3332sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve seen one episode and I liked what I saw, but I’ve found out most of what I know from other sources on the internet as opposed to the show itself. a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

You make your own dream.

20 September 2012
3.23pm
Von Bontee
Apple rooftop
Members
3333sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sheldon’s a control freak and egotist who has to have everything his way and dictates terms to the others, just like Paul! Meanwhile, Leonard wears glasses, plus his name kinda sounds like “Lennon”.

I suppose there are plausible reasons for reversing the two, however – John had a pretty healthy ego and some Sheldon-sized neuroses of his own.

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

20 September 2012
10.54pm
The Walrus
Working for the national health
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1026
3334sp_Permalink sp_Print

Raj is George because he is Indian and Howard is Ringo because all the others were taken?

I would say that George is more like Leonard (the straight man to Sheldon/Lennon-McCartney), Ringo is loveable Raj, and John and Paul could be either the egotist or the womaniser.

I told her I didn’t 

21 September 2012
2.10am
annab93
Over the Rainbow
London Palladium
Members
3335sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, I’m listening to Revolution 9 at 9:09 pm, so I clearly feel like a champ. a-hard-days-night-john-1 (even though it’s now 9:10)

You make your own dream.

21 September 2012
11.01am
Long John Silver
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 364
3336sp_Permalink sp_Print

Von Bontee said

Sheldon’s a control freak and egotist who has to have everything his way and dictates terms to the others, just like Paul! Meanwhile, Leonard wears glasses, plus his name kinda sounds like “Lennon”.

I suppose there are plausible reasons for reversing the two, however – John had a pretty healthy ego and some Sheldon-sized neuroses of his own.

Haha love the glasses part :) , but not really sure if they are comparable.

Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.

21 September 2012
1.47pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
3337sp_Permalink sp_Print

Nice to see the UK is borrowing more money than before.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

21 September 2012
5.06pm
Von Bontee
Apple rooftop
Members
3338sp_Permalink sp_Print

Raj is George because he is Indian and Howard is Ringo because all the others were taken?

Howard is Ringo because he LOOKS like Ringo! At least, the 1965 cartoon version of same. His is the first mental comparison I made. And yeah, Raj = George because of the Indian thing. Also, his periodic inability to speak makes him “the quiet one”.

21 September 2012
5.24pm
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3339sp_Permalink sp_Print

Von Bontee said
And yeah, Raj = George because of the Indian thing. Also, his periodic inability to speak makes him “the quiet one”.

Unless he is drunk!

So, if Leonard is John, does that mean Penny is Cyn?

21 September 2012
6.42pm
Von Bontee
Apple rooftop
Members
3340sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sure, why not? And that would make Priya Yoko, I guess!

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Old Soak
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694