Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
27 June 2012
8.12pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3161sp_Permalink sp_Print

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

27 June 2012
8.14pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
3162sp_Permalink sp_Print

Wont it turn into the same kind of thing? A new band could cover anyone from 8000BC to nowadays  – if someone has only just found The Supremes then they are new to them. Unless you can only post about a band once.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

28 June 2012
3.51am
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 6402
3163sp_Permalink sp_Print

unknown said

Like this one?

https://www.beatlesbible.com/f…..iscovered/

God , I forgot that thread existed. Maybe because my taste was so, so bad back then.

I may have shared this once before, but my memory isn’t very good these days, nut it’s been stuck in my head for weeks. Let it Die by the lovely Feist:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…..b1CdTLDj10

I hope you all enjoy, I’m off to watch the Daily Show. See ya!

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

28 June 2012
11.24am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

A very funny Johnny Cash impersonation of Elvis, both started on Sun Records.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

30 June 2012
5.21am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4621

This month Mexico is celebating the 100th Birth Anniversary of José Pablo Moncayo, one of the greatest Mexican composers.

You might recognize this piece, it’s Huapango. It’s very popular in concerts all around the world.

and I heard this live last week. Tierra de Temporal.

Beautiful isn’t it?

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

30 June 2012
3.29pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3166sp_Permalink sp_Print

Football clubs in the Scottish Lower leagues are being threatened and blackmailed thru proposals from Scottish Football senior figures the bbc reports. Its a very complicated and long running story thats engulfed Scottish Football for many many months, this is the latest very sad twist. 

1 July 2012
11.22am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3167sp_Permalink sp_Print

The first two days of decent weather and ive somehow hurt my foot. Wonderful.

4 July 2012
4.31am
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5444
3168sp_Permalink sp_Print

OMG i never, ever suspected that the “What Are You Listening To Right Now?” thread might have been intended to mean “what bands/performers have you been enjoying recently” rather than “lemme tell you what i’m listening to this second”! (Did it?)

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

4 July 2012
3.30pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3169sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well the Scottish Premier League have voted no to a new Rangers football club so they cant play in the top scottish football league next season. Thank John, Paul, George and Ringo.

Now all we have is the Scottish Football League being basically blackmailed and forced to vote them into the second top Scottish Football League which is independent of the SPL.

(The scottish football set up is difficult to quickly explain and run by imbeciles of the highest order.)

I know nobody here will neither know what this is about or give two fig rolls but its big news in Scotland and has been ongoing for wat seems like decades now.

4 July 2012
6.27pm
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
3170sp_Permalink sp_Print

vonbontee said
OMG i never, ever suspected that the “What Are You Listening To Right Now?” thread might have been intended to mean “what bands/performers have you been enjoying recently” rather than “lemme tell you what i’m listening to this second”! (Did it?)

It didn’t, at least by the creator’s intent (not that that means much here, let me tell ya). Happy Independence Day, all you Yanks.

4 July 2012
8.24pm
The Walrus
Working for the national health
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1026
3171sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
Well the Scottish Premier League have voted no to a new Rangers football club so they cant play in the top scottish football league next season. Thank John, Paul, George and Ringo.

Now all we have is the Scottish Football League being basically blackmailed and forced to vote them into the second top Scottish Football League which is independent of the SPL.

(The scottish football set up is difficult to quickly explain and run by imbeciles of the highest order.)

I know nobody here will neither know what this is about or give two fig rolls but its big news in Scotland and has been ongoing for wat seems like decades now.

They really need to stick them in the Third Division, give them a transfer embargo and make them slowly pay back the original debts of Rangers.

I told her I didn’t 

4 July 2012
9.31pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

The Walrus said

meanmistermustard said

They really need to stick them in the Third Division, give them a transfer embargo and make them slowly pay back the original debts of Rangers.

Cant see that happening but totally agree with you.

Westminster are now involved, UEFA look to be getting involved in players transfers, and there are allegations of corruption. Wonder where it will all end.

Happy fourth of July to all Americans and anyone else who celebrates it.

5 July 2012
11.29pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3173sp_Permalink sp_Print

The Beatles are likely to be added to the British Citizen Test in a shake of what is asked. I took the current one and failed getting 53%, being born and bred in Scotland.

6 July 2012
1.45am
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
3174sp_Permalink sp_Print

Is it online? I want to try it now!

6 July 2012
9.00am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Here you go SunKing, and anyone else who wishes to have a go. Good luck.

Life in the United Kingdom Official Practice Citizenship Test. 

6 July 2012
4.00pm
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
3176sp_Permalink sp_Print

45% on the British one, and 95% on a Canadian exam, for those of you who give even 1 fig about my knowledge of Canada and associated topics.

Listening to Bruce Springsteen’s Streets Of Fire right. May be the best guitar solo ever (at least, my favourite).

6 July 2012
4.37pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3177sp_Permalink sp_Print

Are the Canadian questions more apt than the British SunKing? I doubt many who have lived in Britain have any idea how many teenagers there are or have ever thought of finding out. No idea how that shows youre suitable to come and live in the UK. 

6 July 2012
4.42pm
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
3178sp_Permalink sp_Print

They were more general knowledge questions that, honestly, if you don’t know, you shouldn’t be in Canada. Here’s the test, for those who care: http://www.cbc.ca/citizenship/test.html

7 July 2012
4.48am
LennonCloset
Decca
Members
Forum Posts: 90
3179sp_Permalink sp_Print

I got 54% on it and I guessed on every single one.

7 July 2012
6.53pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3180sp_Permalink sp_Print

Russian artists have recorded their own “White Album ” to show support to opponents of Putin reports Reuters. Its 350 tracks, not just covers of tracks on the White Album or beatles only anything was welcome, and available to download.

The only condition for making it on to the album is to declare support for the opposition movement. The quality of the recording, the contributor’s origins, the genre and even the text are less important.  (Reuters)

(NB This isnt posted because of my own views its just because its beatles related.heart)  

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5509
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691