Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
7 April 2012
5.16pm
BornInThe80s
The Top Ten Club
Members
Forum Posts: 60
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3081sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thank you RevolvingPiggies!

Mithveaen I actually don’t mind the heat! It’s the cold that bothers me more. I stayed in Phoenix AZ for 3 years and the 2nd week out there my air conditioner in my car broke and for the rest of my time out there I didn’t have it. So I got used to being hot all the time hahaha

Oh and concerning the topic of vegetarians….I was one for about 2 months back in high school! I usually fast every year and go a month or so without eating me. I love it but I’m trying to have a more veggie/less meat diet.

seaglass eyes sunny smile I agree. I’m trying not to eat pork that much but I can never say no to bacon. That’s definitely one of my weaknesses!

Try to realize it's all within yourself, no one else can make you change....

7 April 2012
6.30pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
3082sp_Permalink sp_Print

There is nothing better than a bacon roll with tomato sauce and a cup of tea.

Borninthe80’s, do you know you wrote “I usually fast every year and go a month or so without eating me”? How do you go about putting yourself back together after digestion?

Sunking. I usually only watch the last day but it was so intriquing last night, hope to see it thru to the end now. Paul Laurie was in with a small chance at the end of play yesterday so will put my support behind him since he is Scottish. Have always been a fan of Mickelson and was thrilled when he won a couple of years ago so will be pleased if he wins tho. After that im not really fussed, just hoping for a tight finish, which it should be.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Starr Shine?

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

7 April 2012
6.42pm
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4621
3083sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yes I don’t mind the heat either.. but when it’s scorching it’s just terrible. Like now.. It rained a lot this morning and now the sun is out.. and you can see the steam going up. You will never see here a sauna.. no need of those for making your body sweat. a-hard-days-night-paul-1

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

7 April 2012
9.30pm
BornInThe80s
The Top Ten Club
Members
3084sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
There is nothing better than a bacon roll with tomato sauce and a cup of tea.

Borninthe80’s, do you know you wrote “I usually fast every year and go a month or so without eating me”? How do you go about putting yourself back together after digestion?

It’s a messy job and the details are to ghastly for me to even begin to describe. a-hard-days-night-paul-4

8 April 2012
12.00am
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5445
3085sp_Permalink sp_Print

mithveaen said
a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Not really. Major Leagues Baseball season has started and my father loves to watch the games… so it’s baseball at home now.

Hockey playoffs starting in 4 days here, so that’ll keep me enthralled for the next two months. Go Toronto Maple Leafs…in 2017!

(Mr. Sun King will get a laugh out of that one)

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

8 April 2012
12.19am
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 6402
3086sp_Permalink sp_Print

I did – as an Ottawa Sens fan, I’m seeing your still floundering Leafs refusing to blow up the roster as great – no more playoffs till you do!! So, are you going to cheer for Ottawa, or cheer against a Canadian team?

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

8 April 2012
1.30am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Just watched the first part of the Queen documentary Days Our Lives and it came across as Freddie, Brian, Roger, oh and the bass player John Deacon. His joining the band got about 5 seconds and is next mentioned when he composed Another One Bites The Dust for The Game album and went to number 1 in the US. I get Freddie was so charasmatic and is a true legend and that Roger and Brian are the ones who keep Queen active (John having retired and became somewhat of a recluse certainly from the public eye) but John deserves more notice than fleeting glimpses in clips. All 4 played their part in the band throughout.

Also cool to see that Kenny Everett was the one who got Bohemian Rhapsody on the airwaves after stealing a copy of the song and playing it obsessively on his show. Kenny of course was great friends with the Beatles, they would appear often on his radio shows, he edited their last 2 christmas records, and also would ‘borrow’ acetates of beatle songs and make copies of them for his own pleasure. 

A very funny man Kenny was as evidenced by his tv show.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

8 April 2012
6.16pm
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members

Yeah, I used to see his old Video Show on syndication in the early ’80s and it was pretty funny indeed! Mostly liked the skits and the sci-fi cartoon; never cared much about the videos themselves ’cause I wasn’t much interested in relatively current music at the time. I know there’s lots of Youtubes of his stuff. Electric Meat! Sid Snot! lol

As for John Deacon, typical lack of respect for the bass player. He wrote some great funky thangs.

So, are you going to cheer for Ottawa, or cheer against a Canadian team?

Oh, I’ll always support the Canadian teams as long as they’re still in the running. Go Sens! LOVE to see them beat New York, John Tortorella is such a whining douche! My default American team to root for is Detroit due to geography, but they’ve been so successful for so long I kinda don’t need to see them win any more. Besides, ANYBODY can support a winning team – rooting for losers like the Maple Laffs is the real test!

I do like Vancouver’s chances to win it all. Sure, they were embarrassed last year (right before the city of Vancouver embarrassed themselves even worse), but remember how Boston humiliated themselves big time the year before that, only to emerge triumphant the following year? Strange things happen in the playoffs!

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

9 April 2012
9.49pm
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 6402
3089sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Good to see you put country before team – as I’d do for the Leafs (fortunately, I’ve never been in that situation since the lockout), but I think we can beat New York easy. Anderson plays well against the Rangers, and we’ve beat them three times out of 4 (3-0 and 4-1 among recent scores), but I’m just glad we avoided Boston. I say Vancouver vs Pittsburgh in the Final. You?

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

10 April 2012
9.23pm
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
3090sp_Permalink sp_Print

Not gonna make any predictions ’cause mine are guaranteed to be either useless or counterproductive, but a Pittsburgh-Vancouver final sounds as good as any to me! Aside from that, there’s certain teams that I always have a hate-on for, particularly New Jersey and St. Louis.

offtopic-1.png

11 April 2012
3.43am
LennonCloset
Decca
Members
Forum Posts: 90
3091sp_Permalink sp_Print

About the female Beatles thing, I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t have been as popular. I mean, in the early days, what girl did not fantasise over them? People probably woudn’t have even paid attention to them because it’s usually the GIRLS that prove what music is good. I mean, I am completely sure Justin Bieber would not be popular if he were a girl (but are we so sure he isn’t one?)!

15 April 2012
1.55am
BornInThe80s
The Top Ten Club
Members
3092sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well I just finished my Beatles collection! Bought the last few albums I haven’t heard from them yet since I became a fan back in…..07 I think. Abbey Road was the first and Please Please Me is the last hahaha. I was trying to take time out and enjoy each album and imagined that The Beatles were ‘new’ so I always had new music to look forward to. I also bought Past Masters , Love, and I got the Remastered Sgt Pepper since I bought the other version back in 06 as well. Kind of excited but bummed that after tonight (or whenever I listen to them….may put it off) I won’t hear anymore ‘new’ Beatles songs (well except a few of the songs on the Anthologies)

16 April 2012
10.39pm
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
3093sp_Permalink sp_Print

mr. Sun king coming together said

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 I say Vancouver vs Pittsburgh in the Final. You?

A  Pittsburgh-Vancouver final sounds as good as any to me!

*facepalm*

offtopic-1.png

16 April 2012
10.50pm
Ben Ramon
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 613
3094sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
Just watched the first part of the Queen documentary Days Our Lives and it came across as Freddie, Brian, Roger, oh and the bass player John Deacon. His joining the band got about 5 seconds and is next mentioned when he composed Another One Bites The Dust for The Game album and went to number 1 in the US. I get Freddie was so charasmatic and is a true legend and that Roger and Brian are the ones who keep Queen active (John having retired and became somewhat of a recluse certainly from the public eye) but John deserves more notice than fleeting glimpses in clips. All 4 played their part in the band throughout.

I sometimes like Queen, sometimes find them very annoying, but I agree with you about John Deacon, Queen’s very own “Dark Horse ” and a very good bassist.

SHUT UP - Paulie's talkin'

16 April 2012
11.33pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3095sp_Permalink sp_Print

I do agree with you Ben. On top of their game Queen really were fantastic, miles better to many if not most bands who are in the same ladder rung that is popular music. However they did put out some unbelievably dreadful material at times and i dont just mean the Hot Space album.

And in part 2 of Queen: Days Of Our Lives John Deacon was again pretty much overlooked. A few mentions and 1 short interview clip.

17 April 2012
12.06am
Ben Ramon
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 613
3096sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
I do agree with you Ben. On top of their game Queen really were fantastic, miles better to many if not most bands who are in the same ladder rung that is popular music. However they did put out some unbelievably dreadful material at times and i dont just mean the Hot Space album.

I just find they can be very pretentious and sometimes really silly, although all very talented musicians and songwriters (rather like the Beatles now that I think about it… but obviously nowhere near as good a-hard-days-night-george-10) Freddie has in my opinion one of the most incredible voices in rock, behind Macca and a couple of others I think are very impressive.

SHUT UP - Paulie's talkin'

17 April 2012
12.54am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3097sp_Permalink sp_Print

Freddie has to be up there as being one if not the best musician on stage ever to get an audience involved and bring it all together, certainly from the footage that is available to see. His onstage presence was incredible. It wasnt just singing alone, he could have over 200,000 people eating out of his hand and could work them all effortlessly.

Queen have openly stated they could take themselves incredibly seriously and not all all seriously in the same moment – a cataclysmic collision of ego. I love Seaside Rendezvous and Lazing On A Sunday Afternoon which are quite simply piss-takes (forgive my language). The joy of having them come on randomly in a playlist and folks wondering “what the heck is that?” is priceless. Yes sometimes it gets too much but when it comes of it is wonderful music.

19 April 2012
5.05pm
Joe
Pepperland
Admin
Forum Posts: 5694
3098sp_Permalink sp_Print

OK, help me out people. I remember seeing a photo of one of The Beatles stage shows (a Christmas one?), or TV appearance, in which they held up daft signs – I think Ringo might have been the butt of the joke. 1964/5 ish.

Can anyone tell me what the hell this event was, or find one of the pics for me? Sorry for vagueness – I can see the pic in my mind’s eye, but a Google Images search isn’t getting me very far.

Can buy me love! Please consider supporting the Beatles Bible on Amazon
Or buy my paperback/ebook! Riding So High – The Beatles and Drugs

Don't miss The Bowie Bible – now live!

19 April 2012
9.35pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Only thing that comes to mind was the one where they hold up cards which say something like Get Off You Nit. Was that to/with Bruce Forsyth on the Palladium show? Anyway that was ’63 so too early but here is a pic Image Enlarger

They were on that Bernie Winters show (Blackpool Night Out) and Ringos on an operation table, that was in 1964, tho i dont think that had any cards on it.

20 April 2012
9.18am
Joe
Pepperland
Admin
Forum Posts: 5694

That’s the one! Thanks MMM. I had a complete brain-fade, couldn’t remember much at all about it. Brilliant.

Here’s what I wanted it for: a custom error page. It’s the little things in life…

Image Enlarger

Can buy me love! Please consider supporting the Beatles Bible on Amazon
Or buy my paperback/ebook! Riding So High – The Beatles and Drugs

Don't miss The Bowie Bible – now live!

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694