Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
17 February 2012
2.00am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4621
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2941sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ok I dunno why but after watching Hey Jude video, I feel the need to take my astringent skincare lotion, some cotton facial pads and remove the shining from their faces. a-hard-days-night-paul-10

Ok my mind works in weird ways. I blame it to my bilingualism. a-hard-days-night-john-6

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

17 February 2012
2.14am
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 6402
2942sp_Permalink sp_Print

Essentially (personally) banned from my basement, as my brother is watching Season 2 of Sherlock, as Mith knows well. I’d be down there, but I missed last week’s episode, and I’d rather just catch it all later. And I caught Yes Minister.
(Don’t you ever listen to music, and just have this moment that takes you back all those years? Having one with It’s The Same Old Song, by the Four Tops. Don’t know why. Seems to be bringing me back to 2001, and it’s heaven.)

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

17 February 2012
2.52am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
2943sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 BTW SunKing did you know they’re making a version of Sherlock Holmes in US named Elemental with Jonny Lee Miller, who costars with Benedict Cumberbatch (aka my boyfrienda-hard-days-night-john-6) a play about Frankstein in London???

That’s insane. There’s already an American version of Sherlock Holmes and John Watson.

Image Enlarger

Beware of Darkness… 

17 February 2012
3.01am
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
2944sp_Permalink sp_Print

I did not know that Mith. Thanks. And I already despise the idea; anything with Holmes is risky. But, Sherlock pulls it off because it wasn’t intending to be realistic, but the actor who plays Holmes is so perfectly Holmes. But Holmes in New York?!?!? What’s the case – finding out who caused zero bankers to have jail time? Actually, I think they’d need Sherlock and Mycroft for that one.
(And Mith, House is the perfect modern day Holmes. Arrogant, but usually right. I wonder when I reread the Homes stories what made Watson keep coming back – Holmes could say the worst crap to Watson. Oh well.)

17 February 2012
3.20am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
2945sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 I know. That’s why I loved House, because it’s a perfect adaptation of Holmes.

And honestly, I think what it works from Sherlock is that a. the writing is excellent even if the stories are a bit unrealistic. b. Cumberbatch plays Sherlock as a bastard…and yet you love him. c. Martin Freeman does not play John Watson. He *is* Watson. I don’t want to spoil it for you, but his acting made me react very emotionally in the third episode. heart

And if you can, get the soundtrack from the series. It’s fantastic. A friend is getting me a copy from UK. a-hard-days-night-george-10

Beware of Darkness… 

17 February 2012
12.28pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
2946sp_Permalink sp_Print

This could be complete nonsense but i think one of the reasons Watson remained with Holmes was that he found his normal career in medicine rather pedestrian, whereas the mystery and intrigue in working with and being around Holmes was a continual rush.  Plus Holmes was so vastly different to anyone else Watson was ever likely to come across; sarcastic, brash, rude, abrupt, polite, charming, intelligent, egomaniacal (thats not a word), charasmatic, difficult, stubborn, methodical but not in a seeming methodical order, and another trillion adjectives all wrapped in 1. Watson was amazed that someone like Holmes could exist and didnt stick to the preconceived rules and norms of society.

Plus Holmes makes it clear that he values Watson immensly.

Cant say i was that thrilled to hear the news of a US remake. Will propably give it a viewing when its exported to the UK but not holding my breath. And still havent seen the last 2 episodes of series 2 yet.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

17 February 2012
5.10pm
minime
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 511
2947sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-john-7You kinda make it sound like they were in a relationship. I haven’t seen the thing though

17 February 2012
6.59pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2948sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well there has always been the thought that Holmes and Watson were more than very good friends, something that has been discussed in quite some depth over the years.

Havent seen the films with Robert Downey Jr so cant comment on how they portray their relationship. However i personally dont believe for a second that there was anything more between them. Dont know how Sun King views it all.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

17 February 2012
8.36pm
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
2949sp_Permalink sp_Print

They were in a relationship – one of the mind. Watson was married in A Sign of Four, and possibly remarried. I think it’s hogwash – Holmes never cared for love – so I think it’s not important. But, you know, never know. 

(Off-topic; Yay Friday!)

17 February 2012
8.49pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2950sp_Permalink sp_Print

Animal has to be the best ever muppet and he is generally completely insane but how cute is this

(could post a thousand animal videos)

18 February 2012
4.10am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
2951sp_Permalink sp_Print

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Beware of Darkness… 

18 February 2012
9.40pm
kelicopter
Sitting in an English Garden
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1106

How weird, the other day me and my brother got a couple of our old Muppets videos out and rewatched them, and it made me feel really nostalgic, and now you guys are posting clips! a-hard-days-night-ringo-6 This is one of my favourite bits.

Oh, and Happy Birthday , Yoko! two-virgins

I think it's great you're going through a phase,

and I'm awfully glad it'll all be over in a couple

of days

funniestpost-3.png 2020

18 February 2012
10.39pm
RevolvingPiggies
a place where I can go
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 142
2953sp_Permalink sp_Print

A very happy birthday to you Yoko!!!!!!yoko-ono-01a-hard-days-night-john-1

I am very happy, and one reason is because I have The Beatles. Thank you!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3

19 February 2012
12.02pm
cool.story.mum.
in the sky with diamonds
The Cavern Club
Members
Forum Posts: 76
2954sp_Permalink sp_Print

mithveaen saidi

Do you believe in aliens?

hmm.. I do believe there are some other creatures in the universe – unnecessarily aliens as we know from those silly american films (if we have a fan of these, forgive, but for me it’s just another pice of crap) three-handed, big headed monsters with big yellow eyes. … it’s just impossible that WE’re only livings in outter space. I feel sory for everyone who thinks opposite. and again, how could we be afraid of them? … man’ve created a vision of aliens as powerful, cruel little creatures who observate earth from their planet just to assault us someday. bullocks, indeed. sometimes, I have this moments of existential dwelling and it’s always depressing when I realise how small I am. how null. but on the other hand I’m a catholic and in my religion earth-beings are the only one in the whole universe and there’s a little break in myself – who/what should I believe? -.- why’re you asking, mith?

acutally, i was going to ask you do we have some thread like ‘which beatle is the most attractive one’? 😛 change of a subject a bit, sory, but that was my intention to ask this question to know your preference and taste (if i can say ‘taste’ but i hope you know what i mean)

if you want to be a hero, well, just follow me

19 February 2012
2.52pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2955sp_Permalink sp_Print

Taxman is getting many a spin at Scottish football grounds thanks to Rangers being taken into administration, its frequency even got a mention by a bbc sport scotland commentator who named the album and George. Tho i think that was down to the match (Aberdeen v St Johnstone) being worse than watching a Justin Beiber x factor special.

19 February 2012
3.02pm
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
2956sp_Permalink sp_Print

I don’t even remember why I asked that sorry LOL!!!

Now a word on advise about “feeling small” : It is the best attitude towards entitlement. There’s too much of that today. People who think they deserve the world just because they are here. I have seen many “Princesses” and many “Situations” who feel the world should put on our knees just because they are there. When some starts with that attitude with me, I just tell them that in 50 years nobody will remember our names. Unless you are a Beatle of course. a-hard-days-night-john-2a-hard-days-night-paul-8a-hard-days-night-george-10a-hard-days-night-ringo-9

If you are interested in this subject, read Immortality by Milan Kundera. When I read about Goethe and Bettina, I couldn’t help to think in John and Yoko. two-virgins

Beware of Darkness… 

19 February 2012
3.12pm
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
2957sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just had a great time last night at my High School Trivia Night at my local Scottish restaurant, where my team (me, brother and two parents) tied for first. And, I finally got Kisses On The Bottom .
Also, Mith, is there an Inspector Lestrade in Sherlock? I’d look myself, but I remember you saying there are some spoilers online, so I don’t want to see spoilers (as I want to watch it in perfect unknowing bliss).

19 February 2012
5.11pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2958sp_Permalink sp_Print

Going back to the muppets, their website has a beatles page. One interesting piece is that the producers tried to get solo beatles on the show but werent able to.

20 February 2012
1.07am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
2959sp_Permalink sp_Print

You mean in the TV show? Of course!! He’s played by Rupert Graves!

Image Enlarger

Beware of Darkness… 

20 February 2012
12.30pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2960sp_Permalink sp_Print

Twickenham Film Studios where the beatles filmed the A Hard Days Night, Help ! and Let It Be  is being closed report the bbc. I think they also filmed promos there as well.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Old Soak
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22227, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694