Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
11 February 2012
5.44am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4621
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2921sp_Permalink sp_Print

if you don’t see me around.. I’m quite busy with homework a-hard-days-night-john-3

Anyway have a beautiful Valentine’s Day!! (And yes I know it’s all about marketing but still, it’s a good day to wish your friends lots of love, love, love… ) heart

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

12 February 2012
1.56am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
2922sp_Permalink sp_Print

RIP Whitney Houston. 🙁

I was not a huge fan but her songs from The Bodyguard soundtrack were part of my life 🙁

Beware of Darkness… 

12 February 2012
2.32am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
2923sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just heard on the news and am really shocked by Whitney’s death.  And she only 48!! Not a major fan of hers but she had some really good songs and was arguably a female great of the music business. Sad to hear about it.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

12 February 2012
4.13am
kedame
Miles above you
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 522
2924sp_Permalink sp_Print

Same here. Just like with MJ and Amy Winehouse, I’m not going to pretend like I was a fan, but it’s always sad when a music icon dies. It’s seems like they should be invincible (which all of us know isn’t true, unfortunately). Sad for her family, friends, and fans.

I hate seeing all these commentary things on their deaths as if these news people actually knew them, though. It’s like Paul said after John died that he hated seeing all those stupid speculative theories by commentators who never even knew John. All this, “Was she still relevant?” bullshit is ridiculous. She will still relevant to those who cared about her, whether her talent was still what it used to be or not. She was still relevant to her fans.

"You can manicure a cat but can you caticure a man?"

John Lennon- Skywriting by Word of Mouth

12 February 2012
2.00pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2925sp_Permalink sp_Print

One of the problems is 24/7 news where they need the details of the story and responses immediately so everyone under the sun is sought for their opinion whilst cameras zoom in and out all over the place due to not having any real pictures available. All the while trying to sort thru the hearsay to find the truth.

Another issue is that as soon as a star dies their image and reputation soars for the next few days until the tabloids and gossip columns rehash all the ‘nasty’ details of their lives. You cant speak ill of the dead – well not for a few days when its fair game.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

13 February 2012
9.37am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2926sp_Permalink sp_Print

You’d have thought that a leak in the oil tank in your garden was a big deal but the suppliers have no contact # over the weekend, which is really helpful. But phone them first thing Monday and its treated as an emergency. Which draws the conclusion its only bad if it occurs Monday – Friday between 1/2 8 and 1/2 5, otherwise its not a concern.a-hard-days-night-paul-1

13 February 2012
5.00pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
2927sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8I enjoy reading your random thoughts…

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

13 February 2012
9.12pm
kelicopter
Sitting in an English Garden
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1102
2928sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi, everyone! apple01

Just wanted to say sorry for not really posting for the last couple of months, I’ve been quite busy. a-hard-days-night-paul-1

I’ve missed it here! I’m liking the new site changes, and I hope everyone had a nice christmas and new year, etc etc.

So yeah, I’ll see you round!

I think it's great you're going through a phase,

and I'm awfully glad it'll all be over in a couple

of days

funniestpost-3.png 2020

13 February 2012
9.26pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
2929sp_Permalink sp_Print

kelicopter said

Hi, everyone! apple01

Just wanted to say sorry for not really posting for the last couple of months, I’ve been quite busy. a-hard-days-night-paul-1

I’ve missed it here! I’m liking the new site changes, and I hope everyone had a nice christmas and new year, etc etc.

So yeah, I’ll see you round!

Welcome back, kelicopter!

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

13 February 2012
11.16pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

A wee mention to the actor David Kelly who died today aged 82, i know him from his appearances in repeat screenings of the comedys Fawlty Towers and Robins Nest and am shocked and a little saddened to hear of his passing.

Darn…

heartheart

14 February 2012
4.25pm
minime
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 511
2931sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ohh, that’s sad to heara-hard-days-night-george-5

By the way… Is it just me, or has this board been extremely quiet lately? I wonder why

14 February 2012
5.34pm
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5445
2932sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Had to look up which “Fawlty Towers” episode he appeared in after reading that (didn’t recognize the name). Seems he was the incompetent builder Mr. Reilly, a great part which i definitely remember; so RIP, Mr. Kelly. (And RIP Whitney as well)

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

15 February 2012
3.18pm
cool.story.mum.
in the sky with diamonds
The Cavern Club
Members
Forum Posts: 76
2933sp_Permalink sp_Print

everyone. please.! let me know as quick as possible. is a full shea stadium show in one of the anthology parts or I have to look for slightly other, diffrent video.?

if you want to be a hero, well, just follow me

15 February 2012
4.04pm
kelicopter
Candlestick Park
Members

It’s not fully part of the Anthology, no, but there’s definitely a DVD of it, (I once rented it from Lovefilm and it’s on Amazon), and it’s probably available online somewhere. I remember the DVD being a bit mismatched, sort of felt like a compilation of lots of different people’s footage mixed with interviews, and it’s not in the actual order the gig was played etc, but obviously it’s still a great thing to see. Have a look around. a-hard-days-night-john-3

of days

funniestpost-3.png 2020

15 February 2012
7.02pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2935sp_Permalink sp_Print

The Shea Stadium concert dvd’s comes from a bbc programme screened in early 1966 and is not complete. Some of the songs were touched up by the Beatles in January 1966, I Feel Fine was rerecorded completely, as they werent deemed of insufficient quality to be aired as they were, and She’s A Woman and Everybody’s Trying To Be My Baby were omitted completely. Whilst ETTBMB was included in the Anthology and may be edited back in by whoever compiles the dvd or included as a bonus, SAW has never appeared but is thought to be in Apple’s archive.

The original complete concert audio was auctioned a few years ago and has since been bootlegged so its not illogical to think some technical savvy person will have synced it all up by now tho.

The complete unedited concert is just another obvious release for Apple that has never appeared.

15 February 2012
10.01pm
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
2936sp_Permalink sp_Print

Did you guys see the amusing trending topic who’s Paul Mccartney?? It seems that after the Grammys, some people started asking in Twitter “who is Paul McCartney ” and some fans replied with very smart tweets.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/…..76287.html

My favorite responses : 

In 1942, Albert Einstein made famous the classic equation: 6 Paul McCartneys – 3 Paul McCartney ‘s = 3 Paul McCartneys

Preventing the spread of Communism, Paul McCartney rode his horse through the colonies, proclaiming: “The Reds are coming! The Reds are coming!”

The speed of sound was broken by Paul McCartney in 1623, during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

ROFLMAOOOO!!! a-hard-days-night-paul-11a-hard-days-night-paul-11

Beware of Darkness… 

16 February 2012
12.39am
kelicopter
Candlestick Park
Members
2937sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-paul-6 I loved all of them aha, in particular: 

If you need to get gum out of your hair, soak it in Paul McCartney , then wait six hours in the sun. It’ll wash right out.

I also saw a reply of “Who is Paul McCartney ? Your Mother Should Know .”a-hard-days-night-paul-10

of days

funniestpost-3.png 2020

16 February 2012
5.26pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2938sp_Permalink sp_Print

The ongoing Oil Crisis.

Oil is still leaking from our tank. Now over a foot of oil is nestling at the bottom of the tank container pit thing and continues to increase, two attempts at a temporary fix quickly failed. However the company we’re with (Scottish Fuel – they deserve a mention) have been fabulous having been out twice this week and are coming out again tomorrow morning (and highlights how absolutely useless and irritating British Telecom are when dealing with them). Getting a new tank installed next Wednesday so its going to continue thru the weekend and into next week.

Im expecting notice of an invasion within days. And when the next price increase occurs you’ll know why.

Apologies for that.

16 February 2012
11.21pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2939sp_Permalink sp_Print

Monty Python and the Holy Grail Spoiler (for those who havent seen it yet).

Am currently watching the forementioned film and was reminded of a discussion of the Get Back Rooftop concert. Does anyone who’s seen the Holy Grail film think that the ending with the police stopping the movie was inspired by the police stopping the Rooftop concert?

Cracking film by the way, still hilarious even after numerous viewings.

17 February 2012
1.53am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
2940sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thank you Beatles for making me feel sane today. a-hard-days-night-george-5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…..EKgYKpEJ3o

(Sorry if I can elaborate about this. Thanks for listening)

Beware of Darkness… 

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Ahhh Girl
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22223, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694