Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
5 February 2012
4.00pm
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4621
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Ok guys I have a problem.

I confuse things. A lot. when I was a kid, I was told to learn skills or a language so my brain made an effort and forced me to pay attention to what I say or write. Speaking English was the perfect theraphy for me… until 2 months ago. I noticed I’m having a lot of slips and I have a hard time remembering things in Spanish. It seems English is not challenging anymore. I got way too used to it. It’s also common in bilinguals to forget vocabulary in our native language easily. I’m not worried because I’ll just have to learn something new, like French or maybe play the guitar.

So if I confuse your names (like I did in the dreams thread) I’m so sorry, but it’s not about you, it’s me. Thanks in advance for being understanding. apple01

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

5 February 2012
6.01pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
2902sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mith, i doubt anyone would take it the wrong way if you or anyone else mixed some names up, in fact it wouldnt surprise if each person here had done so at least once. And if not here then certainly in their life away from the forum. So i wouldnt worry about it to the slightest inch.

Ali, congratulations on your successful performances in the Rocky Horror Show. However i think its only right that we are allowed to see footage of at least one performance if it got rave reviews. Its simply not fair and i might start to sulk.a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

5 February 2012
6.36pm
AliJaggerMcCartney
Locked in a Newspaper Taxi with Lucy and Bungalow Bill
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 179

It’s ok if you mess up people’s names Mith. You don’t know how many times I have done that to people xD

Thanks Seaglass and mrmustard 😀 unfortunately the show was recorded on my Flip camera and that doesn’t have an SD card 🙁

Good Dog Nigel. Arf, Arf, he goes, a merry sight. Our little hairy friend. Arf, Arf, upon the lampost bright, arfing around the bend. Nice dog! Goo boy, waggie tail and beg. Clever Nigel, jump for joy
Because we're putting you to sleep at three of the clock, Nigel.
-John Lennon "In His Own Write"

5 February 2012
6.38pm
minime
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 511
2904sp_Permalink sp_Print

Image Enlarger

Seems like I have to watch this face six years from now on. What a draga-hard-days-night-ringo-13 No, that's too lame. I would scream if I didn't live in a block of flats. 

a-hard-days-night-ringo-14I'm sorry… 

5 February 2012
7.36pm
seaglass eyes sunny smile
The Kingdom of Marigold
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 570
2905sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Who in God 's name is that?

"Now and then, though, someone does begin to grow differently. Instead of down, his feet grow up toward the sky. But we do our best to discourage awkward things like that."

"What happens to them?" insisted Milo.

"Oddly enough, they often grow ten times the size of everyone else," said Alec thoughtfully, "and I’ve heard that they walk among the stars."

The Phantom Tollbooth

5 February 2012
7.46pm
minime
Carnegie Hall
Members
2906sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-john-6 Now that's a good question. I suppose he's the president of Finland, now. Doesn't look too trustworthy, huh? 

Sauli Niinistö is his name, by the way.  I hope his work will be better than the reasons he got elected for. 

5 February 2012
8.01pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2907sp_Permalink sp_Print

Never seen that guy in all my life minime. What were the reasons that he got elected?

Here in the UK we have David Cameron (Conservative) and Nick Clegg (Liberal Democrat) in co-charge – well David Cameron really, Nick Clegg is next to pointless – except selling the Liberal Democrates policies for a lump of coal power. Neither are in anyway trustworthy, both would happily say whatever they think you want to hear and then go and do whatever they desire. Not that David (or is it Ed, does anyone really know) Milliband is any better, absolutely no backbone whatsoever.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

5 February 2012
8.09pm
minime
Carnegie Hall
Members
2908sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-george-4Hmm. I suppose most politicians are like that. In Finland PM and President are in principle leading the country, but in reality the latter one has next to no power.

The reasons he got elected…Well… He's straight, he went to the army and he's not a member of the Green party. Not saying that he doesn't have any other achievements, but those must be the main reasons people voted for him. 

5 February 2012
8.27pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2909sp_Permalink sp_Print

I read that Pekka Haavisto was openly gay and am hoping that folks arent/werent voting for Sauli Niinisto because of that. If they are something is wrong.

5 February 2012
8.30pm
minime
Carnegie Hall
Members
2910sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-george-4 I'm afraid they did. It sucks. You should have heard how some older people were talking… It made me sick

5 February 2012
8.43pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2911sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8There's little to say on that then, more a heavy depressed heart. Very sad to read that some people are blinded by whats not important.

5 February 2012
10.50pm
RevolvingPiggies
a place where I can go
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 142
2912sp_Permalink sp_Print

Have you heard of Chemitrails? They're a toxin that the government is spraying in the sky using some special types of airplanes. They look like normal clouds, but really it's killing people and making them sick. One theory of why the government is doing it is so that they could reduce the world's population. Since the chemical is bad for soil, organic crops won't be able to grow. Then, organic farmers will be forced to use MSG seeds that arn't affected, and it's an unhealthy ingredient in food. You won't live longer if you eat it… a-hard-days-night-ringo-13 What's wrong with some people?! They're dumping toxic stuff into the sky!

I am very happy, and one reason is because I have The Beatles. Thank you!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3

6 February 2012
2.24am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4621
2913sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Never heard of it. I'm sending the video to a friend who's interested in this. thanks!

And don't get me started on politics. This year we vote for a new president and from all the candidates … there's no single decent one. I usually make my vote invalid. (that's it, I mark a big cross on the ballot so it doesn't count). But this year I might write down The Beatles in the line of “do you have a personal candidate? If you so, please write down the name.”

One time, Cantinflas, one of the most famous actors from Mexico, got 250 votes that way. stuart-sutcliffe

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

6 February 2012
2.39am
RevolvingPiggies
a place where I can go
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 142
2914sp_Permalink sp_Print

mithveaen said:

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Never heard of it. I'm sending the video to a friend who's interested in this. thanks!

And don't get me started on politics. This year we vote for a new president and from all the candidates … there's no single decent one. I usually make my vote invalid. (that's it, I mark a big cross on the ballot so it doesn't count). But this year I might write down The Beatles in the line of “do you have a personal candidate? If you so, please write down the name.”

One time, Cantinflas, one of the most famous actors from Mexico, got 250 votes that way. stuart-sutcliffe

Your welcome Mith! Thanks for spreading the word. And I know! None of the presidents are great. At first I felt good about Obama, but he wants the NDAA and war. And, the US want to go to war with Iran, because they might use nuclear weapons in the future. But who has the history of nuclear weapons? Who's planning to spend 700 BILLION dollars in the next decade (blue-meanie)? The U.S.  a-hard-days-night-paul-3 ugh. 

I am very happy, and one reason is because I have The Beatles. Thank you!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3

6 February 2012
7.03pm
seaglass eyes sunny smile
The Kingdom of Marigold
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 570
2915sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, my Latin class has decided to have a 49th birthday party for our teacher, Ms. Sheeler, during our class period next Monday. It's not a surprise, because we had to get her permission to do it during class. People are bringing chips and cookies, I'm doing drinks, and this girl Victoria's baking a cake. I've been in her class for two years now, and she's an amazing teacher, so we wanted to give her a party. I'm gonna bring sparkling apple cider, cause there was a sale on it, and my mom bought about six bottles.

Did anyone catch the super bowl halftime show w/ Madonna? It was AWFUL, but also completely hilarious.

The part where Cee Lo Green came onstage wearing that black sequined mumu thing…a-hard-days-night-george-10His sunglasses also kept slipped down his nose, and he'd have to push them back up. Priceless.

"Now and then, though, someone does begin to grow differently. Instead of down, his feet grow up toward the sky. But we do our best to discourage awkward things like that."

"What happens to them?" insisted Milo.

"Oddly enough, they often grow ten times the size of everyone else," said Alec thoughtfully, "and I’ve heard that they walk among the stars."

The Phantom Tollbooth

6 February 2012
8.56pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2916sp_Permalink sp_Print

Missed the Madonna superbowl performance, one reason being she hasnt had a decent song in over a decade.

6 February 2012
9.06pm
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5445
2917sp_Permalink sp_Print

mr. Sun king coming together said:

God ,  that’s mild. Be happy while it lasts, Zig. 19 degrees F (-7C) in Canada’s capital. The very city the New York Islanders will lose tonight.

Speaking of losing, it seems my Leafs finally beat your Senators! 5-0. 

(Let me enjoy it while it lasts, lol!)

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

7 February 2012
3.48pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
2918sp_Permalink sp_Print

vonbontee said:

mr. Sun king coming together said:

God ,  that's mild. Be happy while it lasts, Zig. 19 degrees F (-7C) in Canada's capital. The very city the New York Islanders will lose tonight.

Speaking of losing, it seems my Leafs finally beat your Senators! 5-0. 

(Let me enjoy it while it lasts, lol!)

This lady was busy in Ottawa over the weekend. First it was Friday night aginst the Islanders and then again on Saturday night against the Maple Leafs.

Image Enlarger

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

11 February 2012
3.24am
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2702
2919sp_Permalink sp_Print

RINGO’S COMING TO UTAH! SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH! ON JULY 12th! SQUEE!

*ahem*

Yeah. Ringo. In Utah. We’re excited.

Holy cow, new layout! (Is it too much to hope that this means there’s going to be an app soon?)

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

11 February 2012
3.40am
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 6402
2920sp_Permalink sp_Print

What this means is that the mobile version (not an app, persay) will be easier done when the site redesign is done then before. And, honestly, I can’t get excited for the prospect of seeing Ringo, even if he came to Ottawa. I’d go, probably, but he isn’t in my top 5 bands to see before I die (in order from 1-5): Bruce Springsteen, Arcade Fire, Tom Petty, Florence and The Machine, Feist. He’s maybe 7. But, M3, have a great time (as I’m guessing you’re going).

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22223, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694