Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
1 December 2021
9.21pm
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5597
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
23281sp_Permalink sp_Print

Summer of Soul vs. Get Back for the best documentary oscar if you ask me. Both took unseen footage and created a phenomenal piece. They both lifted me to another place while I was watching. 

Used to be on cookie clicker, my best game is Tetris. I recently played Mass Effect and Bioshock for the first time those are amazing game concepts with great story and execution. Also been playing some Halo Infinite multiplayer

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

2 December 2021
12.25am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 11805
23282sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

As I’ve already said to the Oscar question over in the GB thread, @sir walter raleigh, it would be surprising if GB receives a single Oscar nomination, and would be something that the Oscar committee would need to explain were it to do so. Yes, there is every chance that the Oscars will keep in place the temporary change to the eligibility rules they used this year, that a film which had originally had a planned cinema release but ended up being released on a streaming service because of the pandemic would be eligible for Oscar consideration. Yes, GB was originally planned for a cinema release, and so you may think it would qualify on that criteria, and had Jackson ended up with a film that would be the case.

He didn’t though. GB was not pulled from cinemas because of the pandemic, but rather because – though a film was originally planned – Jackson ended up producing a three-part TV series and not a film. The Oscars do not do TV series, only films (and, in normal times, only films that have received a theatrical release). As soon as Jackson moved it from being a film to a series, it became  ineligible for Oscar consideration.

Yes, I expect it to receive nominations for the Emmys and the Golden Globes, both of which cover TV (with the Emmys being the TV equivalent of the Oscars, and the Golden Globes covering both TV and film), but the change from a film to a series means it doesn’t fall within the Oscars remit of the awards being for films that have had a cinema release, no more than the Emmys – with its TV remit – will be considering Summer of Soul which did receive a cinema release.

GB fell out of Oscar consideration the moment it switched from being a film to being a series. A three-part series is not a film. The Oscars do films.

I play mainly time management games, though not very well and usually with the timer off when that’s an option. Also a big Sims fan (with fan-made adult content added), but play is rubbish on this lousy ASUS laptop, which I’m looking to replace with an HP at the earliest opportunity.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

8 December 2021
7.55am
Rube
United Kingdom
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
Forum Posts: 481
23283sp_Permalink sp_Print

My favourite board games are Snakes and Ladders and Trivial Pursuit. Super Mario Bros and Tetris are my favourite video games.  

The following people thank Rube for this post:

Timothy, Vera Chuck and Dave

Winner of Most Hardcore Beatles Bible Fan 2021

mosthardcore.png

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Richard
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16100
Ron Nasty: 11805
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8743
Necko: 7962
AppleScruffJunior: 7525
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6403
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2727
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5087
Newest Members:
polsmith07, Fred_number9, Franz75, jupiccifrance, hrafnkellg
Moderators: Joe: 5268, meanmistermustard: 24268, Ahhh Girl: 20398, Beatlebug: 17709, The Hole Got Fixed: 8365
Administrators: Joe: 5268