Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
30 October 2021
5.14pm
Vera Chuck and Dave
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 598
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
23261sp_Permalink sp_Print

vonbontee said
Lynch originally turned down an offer to direct “Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi” so he could do “Dune” instead! I so, so wish we could’ve seen HIS Star Wars instalment…

I was reading David Cronenberg was asked to do it too? that’s even more bonkers to me, hahahaha

The following people thank Vera Chuck and Dave for this post:

vonbontee
2 November 2021
9.29pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
23262sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Portsmouth in England used to have a 53 foot high (16 metre) sculpture of an Ultrasauros dinosaur (not a real dinosaur) which attracted over 100,000 visitors during its time there in August-September 2010. It burnt down at the end of September 2010 shortly before going on tour before being returned to Portsmouth as a permanent fixture.

Southsea-Dinosaur-1.jpgImage Enlarger

A fund was set up to replace it that raised £35,000 for the replacement. Many were disappointed with the replacement when it was recently unveiled, feeling it didn’t quite have the impact of the original.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Rube, Vera Chuck and Dave, Let It Bleed, WeepingAtlasCedars

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

11 November 2021
5.28pm
Let It Bleed
On the pavement thinking ‘bout the government
Decca
Members
Forum Posts: 89
23263sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ron Nasty said
Portsmouth in England used to have a 53 foot high (16 metre) sculpture of an Ultrasauros dinosaur (not a real dinosaur) which attracted over 100,000 visitors during its time there in August-September 2010. It burnt down at the end of September 2010 shortly before going on tour before being returned to Portsmouth as a permanent fixture.

Southsea-Dinosaur-1.jpgImage Enlarger

A fund was set up to replace it that raised £35,000 for the replacement. Many were disappointed with the replacement when it was recently unveiled, feeling it didn’t quite have the impact of the original.

To be honest, I quite like it.

GET BACK IS HERE!

cool Beatles sites: good ‘ol Alan  nice song-by-song  and of course this place

Tied for most likely to derail a thread 2021 (don’t know how to post images on my sig, mods help)

12 November 2021
3.52pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
23264sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just noticed that there is a David Bowie emoji on my Android phone. In fact, there’s a male one and a female one.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Rube, Let It Bleed, Beatlebug
13 November 2021
10.52am
Let It Bleed
Decca
Members
23265sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
I just noticed that there is a David Bowie emoji on my Android phone. In fact, there’s a male one and a female one.

It looks like a combination of the Aladdin Sane and Thin White Duke era.

The following people thank Let It Bleed for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug

GET BACK IS HERE!

Tied for most likely to derail a thread 2021 (don’t know how to post images on my sig, mods help)

15 November 2021
10.09am
Rube
United Kingdom
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1395
23266sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

I have noticed it too, but I haven’t used it yet. 

Winner of Most Hardcore Beatles Bible Fan 2021

mosthardcore.png

15 November 2021
11.27am
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
23267sp_Permalink sp_Print

It’s officially just a “singer” emoji and some versions are more inspired by Prince than Bowie, but most of them are vaguely Aladdin Sanesque.

The gender-neutral version https://emojipedia.org/singer/
Man version https://emojipedia.org/man-singer/
Woman version https://emojipedia.org/woman-singer/

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

Let It Bleed, Vera Chuck and Dave

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

15 November 2021
7.03pm
Vera Chuck and Dave
Carnegie Hall
Members
23268sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

really interesting that the WhatsApp ones are Prince based vs. the others

The following people thank Vera Chuck and Dave for this post:

Let It Bleed, Rube
16 November 2021
8.39am
Let It Bleed
Decca
Members
23269sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have a sneaking suspicion that I’ve thanked more than I’ve posted, mostly because I don’t really have much to say but want to acknowledge the poster in a way.

The following people thank Let It Bleed for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Rube, Ahhh Girl

GET BACK IS HERE!

17 November 2021
5.10am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
23270sp_Permalink sp_Print

Let It Bleed said
I have a sneaking suspicion that I’ve thanked more than I’ve posted, mostly because I don’t really have much to say but want to acknowledge the poster in a way.

I reckon I’d be the same. It’s a very useful button, the thanks button!paul-mccartney-thumb_gifpaul-mccartney-thumb_gif

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

Rube, Ahhh Girl, Let It Bleed

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

28 November 2021
9.34am
Let It Bleed
Decca
Members
23271sp_Permalink sp_Print

It’s been 2 weeks since someone posted here, sooooooo… what’s everyone’s favorite game? 

Personally, mine’s Cookie Clicker. I played it a while back in 2013-14 and since it was released on Steam I’ve been getting back to work hard. I’m not very good at it, but I’ve been using a few add-one to help me out.

GET BACK IS HERE!

28 November 2021
6.42pm
kelicopter
Sitting in an English Garden
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1101
23272sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Recently watched some great documentaries that I am sure others here would enjoy:

Jazz on a Summers Day – about the 1958 Newport Jazz Festival, watched a remastered version in a local cinema. Some incredible performances by Anita O’Day, Louis Armstrong, Thelonious Monk etc in their heyday. Also some beautiful, fascinating crowd footage! 9/10

Summer of Soul (Or When The Revolution Could Not Be Televised) – an American music festival in the summer of 1969. No, not that one! Footage of the Harlem Cultural festival was captured but was unreleased for over 50 years. Highlights for me include Sly and the Family Stone, The 5th Dimension and a brilliant young Stevie Wonder. This is on Disney+ if you want to check it out. 8/10

The Doors: Live at the Hollywood Bowl ’68 – again managed to catch this in a local cinema recently. They were an utterly incredible live band, Jim had the audience wrapped around his finger! And of course what an aesthetically pleasing man he was, worth a watch for that alone really. 7/10

Quant – a lovely documentary about fashion designer Mary Quant. Some of the doc editing choices are questionable but overall I learned a lot about her and would recommend. 7/10

The following people thank kelicopter for this post:

meanmistermustard, Von Bontee

I think it's great you're going through a phase,

and I'm awfully glad it'll all be over in a couple

of days

funniestpost-3.png 2020

29 November 2021
2.24am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2143
23273sp_Permalink sp_Print

Let It Bleed said

I like posting but have to really feel what I’m saying most of the time. 

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

30 November 2021
11.59am
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5456
23274sp_Permalink sp_Print

kelicopter said
Recently watched some great documentaries that I am sure others here would enjoy:

Jazz on a Summers Day – about the 1958 Newport Jazz Festival, watched a remastered version in a local cinema. Some incredible performances by Anita O’Day, Louis Armstrong, Thelonious Monk etc in their heyday. Also some beautiful, fascinating crowd footage! 9/10

Summer of Soul (Or When The Revolution Could Not Be Televised) – an American music festival in the summer of 1969. No, not that one! Footage of the Harlem Cultural festival was captured but was unreleased for over 50 years. Highlights for me include Sly and the Family Stone, The 5th Dimension and a brilliant young Stevie Wonder. This is on Disney+ if you want to check it out. 8/10

Wow, “Jazz on A Summer’s Day” cleaned up and on a big screen must’ve been lovely to look at – that helicopter footage of the yacht race in particular. I’ve only seen it on YouTube, classic. 

Loved “Summer of Soul” too! Its been a great year for rockumentaries (Beatles, Velvet Underground, the Sparks one which I didn’t see…)

The following people thank Von Bontee for this post:

kelicopter

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

30 November 2021
3.59pm
kelicopter
Sitting in an English Garden
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1101
23275sp_Permalink sp_Print

Von Bontee said

Wow, “Jazz on A Summer’s Day” cleaned up and on a big screen must’ve been lovely to look at – that helicopter footage of the yacht race in particular. I’ve only seen it on YouTube, classic. 

Loved “Summer of Soul” too! Its been a great year for rockumentaries (Beatles, Velvet Underground, the Sparks one which I didn’t see…)

Hey VB! JOASD was stunning on the big screen, lucky to have caught it, but to be fair I have seen a couple of versions on YouTube that are brilliant quality.

Yet to see The Velvet Underground one as I don’t have Apple TV but will try and catch it at some point!

The following people thank kelicopter for this post:

vonbontee

I think it's great you're going through a phase,

and I'm awfully glad it'll all be over in a couple

of days

funniestpost-3.png 2020

30 November 2021
10.57pm
Richard
North of England
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5285
23276sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m watching a video of The Lyrics: Paul McCartney in Conversation at the Royal Festival Hall. It’s introduced by Elaine Bedell, CEO of the Southbank Centre, who describes the book as “an extraordinary catalogue of every song that Paul McCartney has ever written”.

How about some basic research before giving an introductory speech? In fact, the book contains the lyrics to 154 songs, which is nowhere near to the total number of songs that Paul has ever written: Paul McCartney reveals the 154 songs featured in forthcoming biography ‘The Lyrics’

The following people thank Richard for this post:

Rube

And in the end

The love you take is equal to the love you make

uk-flag-v-small-3.png

1 December 2021
2.10am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
23277sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Richard said
I’m watching a video of The Lyrics: Paul McCartney in Conversation at the Royal Festival Hall. It’s introduced by Elaine Bedell, CEO of the Southbank Centre, who describes the book as “an extraordinary catalogue of every song that Paul McCartney has ever written”.

How about some basic research before giving an introductory speech? In fact, the book contains the lyrics to 154 songs, which is nowhere near to the total number of songs that Paul has ever written: Paul McCartney reveals the 154 songs featured in forthcoming biography ‘The Lyrics’

Paul has been writing for around 64 years(!!) so if it contained all 154 songs that would be less than three a year!! Surely a few seconds thought would make anyone realise that’s wrong. 

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Richard, Rube

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

1 December 2021
2.58am
Vera Chuck and Dave
Carnegie Hall
Members
23278sp_Permalink sp_Print

Let It Bleed said
It’s been 2 weeks since someone posted here, sooooooo… what’s everyone’s favorite game? 

Personally, mine’s Cookie Clicker. I played it a while back in 2013-14 and since it was released on Steam I’ve been getting back to work hard. I’m not very good at it, but I’ve been using a few add-one to help me out.

board: Ticket To Ride (funnily enough for this forum)

video: Super Mario 64

1 December 2021
4.38am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
23279sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am on level 7921 of Homescapes, which is the only game I ever really play (and that’s on my phone), plus I have a pool game (the balls not the water) on an old iPod that I use at night as it sends me to sleep for some reason. It was long deleted from the App Store so I can’t get it onto my phone. 
I don’t play video games on consoles. 

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

1 December 2021
9.55am
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5456
23280sp_Permalink sp_Print

I haven’t played video games regularly since my 80s teen-youth, but playing Guitar Hero with my niece is always fun. (I get a personal bonus thrill out of seeing her discover and enjoy the 40-50 year-old rock classix.) 

As for non-video computer games, I really like FreeCell Solitaire. And standard-deck card games in general (particularly euchre or cribbage) are the most fun.

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694