Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
15 July 2020
2.45pm
Jules
In your wildest dreams
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 690
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
22941sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh yes I constantly get earwax blockage as well, I had to go to the doctor several times to get it removed. It’s hell and I hate it. My ears always get blocked and I live cleaning them (outside not inside, they say it helps) but it keeps happening, some people just have it more and it’s unfairpaul-mccartney

The following people thank Jules for this post:

Beatlebug

the watusi

the twist

15 July 2020
6.05pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
22942sp_Permalink sp_Print

Jules said
Oh yes I constantly get earwax blockage as well, I had to go to the doctor several times to get it removed. It’s hell and I hate it. My ears always get blocked and I live cleaning them (outside not inside, they say it helps) but it keeps happening, some people just have it more and it’s unfairpaul-mccartney

Same. I’m glad others know of the pain of constant blockages – we can suffer together! a-hard-days-night-paul-10

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

Jules, Beatlebug

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

15 July 2020
6.08pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
22943sp_Permalink sp_Print

I only get the ad.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

Jules

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

15 July 2020
8.59pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
22944sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

nice thingse

DSC05123.JPGImage Enlarger

pretty lil buzzlebee n coneflower n black-eyed Suzy

DSC05171.JPGImage Enlarger

hummingbird

DSC05174.JPGImage Enlarger

black swallowtail on zinnia

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars, sigh butterfly, SgtPeppersBulldog

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

17 July 2020
11.05pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
22945sp_Permalink sp_Print

Who-can-see-the-goat.jpgImage Enlarger

Who can see the goat?

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

18 July 2020
2.16am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
22946sp_Permalink sp_Print

I can – but not instantly.a-hard-days-night-george-4

2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

18 July 2020
10.12pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
22947sp_Permalink sp_Print

The Hole Got Fixed said
I can – but not instantly.a-hard-days-night-george-4  

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8

but whooooaaaa once I saw it I just about fell into my computer screen. Trippy a-hard-days-night-george-4

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

24 July 2020
6.48am
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3157
22948sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve had two weird, but surprisingly pleasant dreams in a row – first one was I got Peter Sellers’ autograph after I came across him standing around outside of a factory waiting for a taxi. I told him I love The Goon Show which he replied to with something witty I unfortunately can’t remember. I have no idea why he was in my dream, as I haven’t watched or listened to anything of his in a while (maybe I should now…ahdn_john_08_gif).

EDIT: Well, today is the 40th anniversary of his death, but this dream was two nights ago… ahdn_george_05

The second one from last night seemed to be set sometime during the early 60s and apparently  involved my “family”.  I had a girlfriend (how I wish that was real lol) and we were walking around this little English coastal town. We’d just left some kind of pub or tavern and headed down to a small back alley where a door opened and we were greeted by a middle aged housewife with red hair who was my so-called aunt and a small boy who was my little brother behind her. All I can remember this woman saying was “your grandfather will be along soon”, after which this grandfather appeared at the other end of the alley in traditional working class clothes and smiled at us. The last thing I remember is the little brother running excitedly up to him. I’m an only child in real life and do not have a girlfriend, aunt or grandfather who look like the people did in my dream. Maybe this was something from a past life? ahdn_paul_02

The following people thank SgtPeppersBulldog for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

"Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles... " 

2017: 

24 July 2020
5.39pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
22949sp_Permalink sp_Print

Someone in Montana is obsessed with Paul McCartney . I wonder if this man and woman know each other.

July 7, 2020

10:27 p.m. A man wanted to remind law enforcement that Paul McCartney ’s life was in danger.

July 23, 2020

8:59 a.m. A woman said she would murder herself and Paul McCartney if they were ever together.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars
29 July 2020
3.31am
Turn Left At Greenland
Writing home every day
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 192
22950sp_Permalink sp_Print

So this has been bothering me for years…Back in high school (almost exactly six years ago), I was telling a couple of my friends about a song I liked that had a section in 9/8 time…And both of them ganged up on me and said, “that’s just 3/4 time put into eighth notes”, thereby undercutting my point of how impressive a time signature it was. It really stung at the time, but as both of them had more musical background than I did, I sheepishly deferred to them and didn’t really defend myself.

Years later, I did some basic math, and realized that they couldn’t be right, since based on simple multiplication 3/4 translated into eighth notes would be 6/8, not 9/8. I’d like confirmation from the more musical people here on this, but on the assumption that I was right all along, I have held a disproportionately large grudge against these two former friends of mine (one of them I had a big blowout argument with less than a month after this, while the other I was friends with for about four more years until I cut them off). Anyway, I suppose the main reason I’m actually sharing this anecdote is to get some validation for a tiny thing that I’m not sure I’ve mentioned to anyone in my actual life. 

(Fun side note, as I was writing the words “they couldn’t be right”, Paul starts singing “we believe that we can’t be wrong” on The Back Seat Of My Car , which I thought was a nice little coincidence.)

The following people thank Turn Left At Greenland for this post:

Jules, Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, ewe2, lovelyritametermaid, Von Bontee

"And life flows on within you and without you"

"I guess I just wasn't made for these times"

29 July 2020
4.03am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
22951sp_Permalink sp_Print

They certainly couldn’t be right! 9/8 is 3/4 with triplets, not 3/4 with eighth notes.

Jules, Turn Left At Greenland, Beatlebug, ewe2, lovelyritametermaid

aus-flag-v-small.png

29 July 2020
9.27am
Jules
In your wildest dreams
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 690
22952sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Blue Rondo ala Turk on the phone!

Basically yeah, they were dead wrong! 9/8 if divided would be 4,5/4 which doesn’t make sense. The only other choice would be what Holey pointed out, triplets on top of 3/4 but that’s just too complicated a response: if you listen to Blue Rondo, it is easier to cound to nine than counting to three, because the division of notes is 2+2+2+3 (and not 3+3+3). I’m a pianist so you can tell them that.

The following people thank Jules for this post:

Turn Left At Greenland, The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug

the watusi

the twist

29 July 2020
1.39pm
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5789
22953sp_Permalink sp_Print

even if you were talking about 6/8, it is a different time signature from 3/4! The pulse and the divisions are not the same. 

The following people thank sir walter raleigh for this post:

Jules, Turn Left At Greenland, The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, Dark Overlord, ewe2, lovelyritametermaid

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

29 July 2020
3.38pm
Turn Left At Greenland
Writing home every day
London Palladium
Members
22954sp_Permalink sp_Print

Y’all have no idea how validating this is for me. I know it was a tiny little thing that happened years ago, but for whatever reason it’s bothered me ever since, so it’s great to hear a bunch of people tell me I was right (or at least more right) all along…heart

The Hole Got Fixed, Jules, Beatlebug, ewe2

29 July 2020
4.51pm
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
22955sp_Permalink sp_Print

I know nothing about time signatures but mathematically that makes no sense

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

Jules, Beatlebug, ewe2

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

30 July 2020
10.34pm
Turn Left At Greenland
Writing home every day
London Palladium
Members
22956sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am learning that online customer service chats can be just as obnoxious about wait times as the good old fashioned phone method…I just wanna cancel my subscription, how hard can it be? paul-mccartney

Von Bontee

31 July 2020
9.21am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
22957sp_Permalink sp_Print

Turn Left At Greenland said
I am learning that online customer service chats can be just as obnoxious about wait times as the good old fashioned phone method…I just wanna cancel my subscription, how hard can it be? paul-mccartney

You’d think they’d have bots for something so routine. 

9 August 2020
12.50pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
22958sp_Permalink sp_Print

CHRISTOPHER ECCLESTON IS BACK PLAYING DOCTOR WHO ON AUDIO DRAMAS. HE HASN’T PLAYED THE ROLE SINCE 2005 WHEN HIS FIRST AND ONLY DOCTOR WHO SERIES ENDED!!!!!

OH MY GOD THAT MEANS HE COULD BE BACK FOR THE 60TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

MY MONTH HAS BEEN MADE!!!

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, Von Bontee, ewe2

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

9 August 2020
1.34pm
lovelyritametermaid
You can meet me after heavy rain has fallen
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1445
22959sp_Permalink sp_Print

Y’all were talking about time signatures and 9/8 and stuff and it immediately brought to mind this impossible piece that my concert band played my sophomore year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?…..znUeuhngkE

I still have PTSD from the 9/8 section– literally at least once a week “ONE TWO ONE TWO ONE TWO THREE” pops in my head. It was tricky, but it at least helped me learn how to count through and play in more complex time signatures. And some of my fellow senior bandmembers are suggesting that this year (if we are even able to have an actual concert for concert band) we could choose “Vesuvius” as the senior pick for our music line-up (even though I’d much rather do “Folk Song Suite” tbh)

Also, @AppleScruffJunior ‘s post just reminded me of this video (under spoiler)– which forced me to reflect back on the Moffat-penned DW episodes that I loved and grew up with, and how they aren’t really that good once I rewatched them as a slightly older person who had more experience with better media. The video’s mainly about Moffat’s Sherlock and, as the title puts it, why it’s “garbage,” but it also touches on Moffat’s history as a television writer and producer, and how his shows aren’t really up to snuff (it was a shame this video was made pre- Moffat’s Dracula miniseries because thus really highlights and supports the majority of the points that hbomberguy makes in the video).

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwi4uajp3Y7rAhURmXIEHWjyBIAQyCkwAHoECAwQBA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DLkoGBOs5ecM&usg=AOvVaw1Nq-OnO0XLRLFjDbu0EOTb

The following people thank lovelyritametermaid for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, ewe2

"....When I cannot sing my heart, I can only speak my mind...." 

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

9 August 2020
7.19pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
22960sp_Permalink sp_Print

lovelyritametermaid said

I still have PTSD from the 9/8 section– literally at least once a week “ONE TWO ONE TWO ONE TWO THREE” pops in my head. It was tricky, but it at least helped me learn how to count through and play in more complex time signatures.

Literally Ringo in Here Comes The Sun ! I’m glad you got something out of it – now your challenge is to work out how to count Good Morning Good Morning paul-mccartney

For people like me who were on mobile and couldn’t click the link in the above spoiler, here it is:

Beatlebug

aus-flag-v-small.png

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Timpetus
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694