Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
18 March 2020
11.55am
lovelyritametermaid
You can meet me after heavy rain has fallen
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1445
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
22281sp_Permalink sp_Print

Getbackintheussr said
Can we all agree that white chocolate is inferior? It has all the calories of milk/dark chocolate, but none of the flavour.

White chocolate is absolutely disgusting and shouldn’t be considered chocolate. It has no actual chocolate in it it’s just a bar of disgusting sugar. I despise white chocolate with a passion. I don’t trust people who prefer white chocolate over milk or dark chocolate. 

The following people thank lovelyritametermaid for this post:

Beatlebug, Getbackintheussr

"....When I cannot sing my heart, I can only speak my mind...." 

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

18 March 2020
12.08pm
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
22282sp_Permalink sp_Print

AH! My HEART! I will acknowledge that white chocolate definitely should not qualify as chocolate but I find it delicious THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I don’t think I’d choose it over milk chocolate, and I prefer some dark chocolate, but it’s much better than the really dark stuff. Either way it’s very good.

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

Getbackintheussr, Beatlebug, lovelyritametermaid, Turn Left At Greenland

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

18 March 2020
12.11pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
22283sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Milkybars are bloody gorgeous white chocolate. If Nestlé wasn’t such a scumbag hole of a company I would eat them every day.

Image Enlarger

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

18 March 2020
12.43pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
22284sp_Permalink sp_Print

This is a very amusing argument a-hard-days-night-john-6

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

lovelyritametermaid

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

18 March 2020
4.25pm
lovelyritametermaid
Candlestick Park
Members
22285sp_Permalink sp_Print

50yearslate said
AH! My HEART! I will acknowledge that white chocolate definitely should not qualify as chocolate but I find it delicious THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I don’t think I’d choose it over milk chocolate, and I prefer some dark chocolate, but it’s much better than the really dark stuff. Either way it’s very good.

I’m sorry, Fiddy, but I fear that I can never look at you the same ever again a-hard-days-night-paul-7.  However, since white chocolate isn’t your absolute favorite I can still hold some amount of trust in you…. 

Beatlebug said

If you think this is amusing you should see the hour-long texting argument I had with my friend last night on whether or not my texts can come across as sarcastic (it’s very hard to explain but it was a very stupid argument with a stupid premise. Long story short, I called something he did “cute,” but like it was meant to be snarky, but he didn’t find it snarky and he thought I was genuinely calling him cute and then I pointed out the fact that I was being snarky and he said I really wasn’t and then the argument began all because tone is something that is hard to control in a text message convo. 

Beatlebug, ewe2

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

18 March 2020
6.13pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24960
22286sp_Permalink sp_Print

Milk chocolate is weird, it doesn’t taste like you are eating chocolate so what is the point? At least dark gives you a kick, milk only leaves an unpleasant aftertaste.

Anyone who likes milk over dark needs to be reprogrammed.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, Beatlebug, Beatlebug, lovelyritametermaid, WeepingAtlasCedars

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

18 March 2020
7.44pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
22287sp_Permalink sp_Print

lovelyritametermaid said

50yearslate said

I’m sorry, Fiddy, but I fear that I can never look at you the same ever again a-hard-days-night-paul-7.  However, since white chocolate isn’t your absolute favorite I can still hold some amount of trust in you…. 

It used to be a-hard-days-night-john-6

Beatlebug said

If you think this is amusing you should see the hour-long texting argument I had with my friend last night on whether or not my texts can come across as sarcastic (it’s very hard to explain but it was a very stupid argument with a stupid premise. Long story short, I called something he did “cute,” but like it was meant to be snarky, but he didn’t find it snarky and he thought I was genuinely calling him cute and then I pointed out the fact that I was being snarky and he said I really wasn’t and then the argument began all because tone is something that is hard to control in a text message convo. 

This is pretty good but nowhere near as good as the Great George Hair Debate.

lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

18 March 2020
7.47pm
Turn Left At Greenland
Writing home every day
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 192
22288sp_Permalink sp_Print

I must weigh into this argument! 

50yearslate said

I pretty much agree with Fiddy on this one. I used to HATE dark chocolate, but now I can appreciate its contribution to the world. I also have much less of a tolerance for sugar as I’ve gotten older, so my opinion of white chocolate has gone down somewhat. That being said, milk chocolate is still my favorite, and that’ll probably be the case for the foreseeable future.

lovelyritametermaid said

I hate how much I relate to that. I’m currently rebuilding an old friendship that fell apart last year, and one of the most stupid things we’d argue about was how we texted with each other (which we did pretty much every day–I’m pretty intense about the whole friendship thing). Texting is such a double-edged sword, especially in friendships that have endemic miscommunication a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

The following people thank Turn Left At Greenland for this post:

lovelyritametermaid

"And life flows on within you and without you"

"I guess I just wasn't made for these times"

18 March 2020
9.11pm
lovelyritametermaid
Candlestick Park
Members
22289sp_Permalink sp_Print

Turn Left At Greenland said 

lovelyritametermaid said

I hate how much I relate to that. I’m currently rebuilding an old friendship that fell apart last year, and one of the most stupid things we’d argue about was how we texted with each other (which we did pretty much every day–I’m pretty intense about the whole friendship thing). Texting is such a double-edged sword, especially in friendships that have endemic miscommunication a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

I, too, am very intense about friendship. It’s very hard for me to fully trust people and accept someone as a close friend but as soon as I really platonically like someone and vibe with them well, I latch on to them and they are admitted into the super-exclusive VIP Lovelyritametermaid Close Friend Club, which only includes the people I’m willing to hang out with frequently and text, which is like, 5 people. 

I have tons of stupid arguments with my friend about texting and word usage. It’s mostly just based on the fact that we like to bust each other’s balls so to speak and push each other’s buttons before eventually wading into deeper more meaningful conversation. 

Beatlebug, Getbackintheussr, Turn Left At Greenland, TangerineTrees

||She/They ||

18 March 2020
9.26pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
22290sp_Permalink sp_Print

lovelyritametermaid said

I, too, am very intense about friendship. It’s very hard for me to fully trust people and accept someone as a close friend but as soon as I really platonically like someone and vibe with them well, I latch on to them and they are admitted into the super-exclusive VIP Lovelyritametermaid Close Friend Club, which only includes the people I’m willing to hang out with frequently and text, which is like, 5 people. 

Are you me? a-hard-days-night-paul-7

Turn Left At Greenland, lovelyritametermaid

([{BRACKETS!}])
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png

18 March 2020
10.00pm
Turn Left At Greenland
Writing home every day
London Palladium
Members
22291sp_Permalink sp_Print

Funny that you ask her that, @Beatlebug , since you mentioned something about this in another post that I really related to. I used to rank my friends in a strict hierarchy, like you do, but it ended up actually damaging some of those friendships (I’m looking at you, friend who would have text arguments with me). I’m a very obsessive and anal person, and I like having everything in my life organized really neatly. But when I try to do that with my friends, it sometimes leads to me undervaluing certain friendships.

That being said, I too have a pretty small list, currently totaling to 7 people. I don’t do well in group situations, so I try to find people I can have nice one-on-one interactions with. You know, people who can actually talk about meaningful things and what not. I love my friends, and I think they’re all pretty good at that, but I don’t live near any of them, which is tough. 

This forum has been really nice for me as a place where I can talk about this stuff (since it’s been on my mind a lot lately), and relate to what other people experience. Thank you all for that.

lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, The Hole Got Fixed

18 March 2020
10.20pm
lovelyritametermaid
Candlestick Park
Members
22292sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 One-on-one handouts are my preferred kind of hang-out. I only ever go out in a group if it’s like with a bunch of people from marching band or swimming or drama or if I get invited along to do something with one of my close friends and our mutual friends. But I struggle with anxiety and depression and hanging out with a group can sometimes become too overwhelming so I prefer to just hang out with one of my close friends with just us. I call them little “platonic dates.” It’s really nice and when it’s just us it’s a lot easier to pick what to do and manage a conversation. It’s all-around less hectic, which I very much appreciate. 

I rank my friends, too, but they don’t know that. Currently, it goes 1) my best friend of 14 years 2) my cousin, who I don’t get to hang with often because she lives an hour away 3) my guy friend Jake, who is also a stage manager with me 4) my friend, and drum major, Brooke. I also have friends who I like to hang out with but who I don’t rank as one of my super close friends because I don’t fully put my trust into them/they haven’t proven to be loyal to me (that sounds super weird but its the truth) 

Beatlebug said

I said

Are you me? a-hard-days-night-paul-7

I wouldn’t be offended if I was a-hard-days-night-george-9

Beatlebug, Turn Left At Greenland

||She/They ||

18 March 2020
10.28pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
22293sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Turn Left At Greenland said
Funny that you ask her that, @Beatlebug , since you mentioned something about this in another post that I really related to. I used to rank my friends in a strict hierarchy, like you do, but it ended up actually damaging some of those friendships (I’m looking at you, friend who would have text arguments with me). I’m a very obsessive and anal person, and I like having everything in my life organized really neatly. But when I try to do that with my friends, it sometimes leads to me undervaluing certain friendships.

Oh, I think you misinterpreted because I don’t rank anyone. I didn’t mean that I have hierarchies of friends. I meant that I have my best friends, and then I have acquaintances. I don’t feel that I owe my acquaintances as much as I owe my friends, because those are the people I have chosen to give more of myself to, and I love them all equally in different ways. This is why I keep my friend group limited to people who I find are worth the investment (people I really respect, admire, click with, and [most importantly] who also want to be in my life).

Turn Left At Greenland

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

18 March 2020
10.45pm
Turn Left At Greenland
Writing home every day
London Palladium
Members
22294sp_Permalink sp_Print

Apologies for misinterpreting that, @Beatlebug . That makes a lot of sense. That’s what I do these days as well. Now that I’m out of college, it’s a lot easier to see who is an actual close friend and who was just someone I hung out with in college (I went to a pretty tiny school, so I knew a lot of people there). 

lovelyritametermaid said

I also have friends who I like to hang out with but who I don’t rank as one of my super close friends because I don’t fully put my trust into them/they haven’t proven to be loyal to me (that sounds super weird but its the truth) 

I guess it sounds weird, but I think it makes total sense. Trusting someone is risky. The person I’m currently rebuilding my friendship with (let’s call her C, since I seem to be bringing her up a lot) definitely lost my trust, and I feel like I’ve been kind of over-eager to get back into that friendship and need to be careful with her. But I can’t help it that I missed her like hell for the last whole year, can I? (Sorry if I’m coming off as a little dramatic, my emotions have been all over the place for some time now).

Beatlebug, lovelyritametermaid

19 March 2020
11.47am
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
22295sp_Permalink sp_Print

I like friends but they’re so stressful to have sometimes. Generally I have acquaintances, casual friends, and very close friends, but I basically worship my very close friends and so I’m constantly scared that they don’t consider me as close a friend as I consider them or that they think I’m annoying or clingy, and those thoughts of course just make me more annoying and clingy. That said, my very close friends are always worth the anguish. 

Beatlebug, lovelyritametermaid, Turn Left At Greenland, The Hole Got Fixed, Getbackintheussr

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

19 March 2020
12.41pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
22296sp_Permalink sp_Print

^I always feel a bit self-conscious about barraging my friends with too much of my affectionate expressions (not actual Words Of Love , just messages and pictures and whatnot), so I try to make sure we stay fairly even as far as that goes. (I have to have friends who bug me about as much as I bug them. a-hard-days-night-john-1)

lovelyritametermaid, Getbackintheussr

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

19 March 2020
2.29pm
lovelyritametermaid
Candlestick Park
Members
22297sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beatlebug said
^I always feel a bit self-conscious about barraging my friends with too much of my affectionate expressions (not actual Words Of Love , just messages and pictures and whatnot), so I try to make sure we stay fairly even as far as that goes. (I have to have friends who bug me about as much as I bug them. a-hard-days-night-john-1)

Same! I care very deeply for my friends and I constantly send them memes and good vibes and sometimes random messages of love and appreciation. 

||She/They ||

19 March 2020
4.42pm
Turn Left At Greenland
Writing home every day
London Palladium
Members
22298sp_Permalink sp_Print

50yearslate said
I like friends but they’re so stressful to have sometimes. Generally I have acquaintances, casual friends, and very close friends, but I basically worship my very close friends and so I’m constantly scared that they don’t consider me as close a friend as I consider them or that they think I’m annoying or clingy, and those thoughts of course just make me more annoying and clingy. That said, my very close friends are always worth the anguish. 

I feel for you, Fiddy. I suffer from anxiety and depression, and one of its worst and most frequent manifestations is basically a really bad version of what you’re describing. The hilarious thing is that most of my friends have struggled at least as much, if not more, than I have with their own mental health, which often just makes me feel worse about reaching out to people and what not. I’ve begun to make rules for myself, e.g. don’t feel bad for reaching out or sharing with friends, don’t invalidate my own experience, communicate clearly with all my friends, etc. etc. So far I think it’s working, but we’ll see.

lovelyritametermaid, The Hole Got Fixed, Getbackintheussr

19 March 2020
4.58pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
22299sp_Permalink sp_Print

lovelyritametermaid said

Same! I care very deeply for my friends and I constantly send them memes and good vibes and sometimes random messages of love and appreciation.   

My friends and I are all rather reserved when it comes to affection, but we do make sure to at least occasionally voice our mutual appreciation (yes, that is how we would phrase it because we’re emotionally repressed nerds ahdn_george_06)

lovelyritametermaid

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

19 March 2020
8.20pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
22300sp_Permalink sp_Print

isolation.JPGImage Enlarger

@AppleScruffJunior , I thought you might like this one.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

AppleScruffJunior
Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Richard
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5516
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5692, meanmistermustard: 24960, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5692