Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The All-Purpose Getting-To-Know-BBers Questions Thread
28 February 2020
1.24am
Turn Left At Greenland
Writing home every day
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 192
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
5801sp_Permalink sp_Print

I don’t even have my immunities built up again from my most recent medical adventure, and I’m not worried at all. I just don’t worry about things like that. Maybe having years of serious illness makes one less prone to freak out over stuff like this.

And as for the Bond question, I was OBSESSED with James Bond as a kid, but eventually outgrew it. My favorite Bond has always been Connery, my favorite theme is Goldfinger, and my favorite film has always been Goldfinger. Even though I’m not into all that so much anymore, I still feel I owe it to myself and to tradition to see the new one that just came out. I’ve seen every other Bond film, after all.

The following people thank Turn Left At Greenland for this post:

sigh butterfly

"And life flows on within you and without you"

"I guess I just wasn't made for these times"

28 February 2020
4.10am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
5802sp_Permalink sp_Print

Re the virus – it’s not just a fear of the unknown, it’s also we’re in an age where the media love a story to spend hours and hours bringing us the latest developments even when there is sod all to report. What’s better than a new virus creeping across continents where they can bring out experts every five minutes telling us just how it’s all going, along with members of the public giving their accounts of the impact (or lack of) upon their lives. And if they get bored, all they do is jump to the floods or whatever and do the same. 
Covid-19 will be visiting Scotland and it’s going have an impact on sporting events and folks daily lives and whatever else, I just fail to get the point of working myself into ensuring my freezer is filled with goat milk and I’m living in my basement for 3 years (I’d need to build one first tho – better make that call).

Bond – not just because of Paul’s theme song but ’Live And Let Die ’, love the storyline, the New Orleans carnival sections are excellent as is the car/boat chase. Favourite Bond its Connery. I do have some liking for Moore but he went on until he was a joke and the plots were awful (which can be also be said for Connery since he did the unofficial crappy one with Kim Basinger). Most of the early one’s are excellent, tho I hate ’Thunderball’.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Von Bontee, sigh butterfly

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

28 February 2020
9.54am
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
5803sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beatlebug said
Fiddy, you do have Google, right? a-hard-days-night-ringo-7

The patient lives in Solano County and is being treated in Sacramento, as far as I can tell.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/…..spread-cdc

I do have Google, I’m just too lazy to use it 🙂

Sky999 said

Ahhh Girl said

Are you freaking out over COVID-19?

If you just stay away from California, Asia, shipping ports, and airports you’ll be good. mccartney-shrug_01_gif

Great, not a problem! 

sigh butterfly said

Beatlebug said

@50yearslate @sigh butterfly and any of our other Forumpuds from the Sunshine State of Emergency should be especially concerned a-hard-days-night-paul-7

Getting more and more concerned. People here are starting to freak-out a bit. My daughter and friends had lunch at the most popular restaurant in Chinatown (SF) this weekend and the place was almost empty. On Grant St. (the street with all the Chinese flags and signs) they were doing Abbey Road photoshoots on the road, as it was deserted. My wife travels overseas at least once per month for her business, so that is obviously of great concern.

Same around here. No one will stop talking about the coronavirus and every time someone coughs people sorta scoot away (I had the flu recently so I’ve seen quite a bit of this)

For a little Cali distraction, we’ve had 3 days of 75d weather which has made the mustard plants flower like crazy.

thumb_IMG_3111_1024.jpgImage Enlarger

It’s been in the seventies here as well, which is ridiculous, as it’s February! The sixties I could understand, but the seventies, no. 

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, sigh butterfly

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

28 February 2020
10.16am
ewe2
Inside the beat
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3025
5804sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
Re the virus – it’s not just a fear of the unknown, it’s also we’re in an age where the media love a story to spend hours and hours bringing us the latest developments even when there is sod all to report. What’s better than a new virus creeping across continents where they can bring out experts every five minutes telling us just how it’s all going, along with members of the public giving their accounts of the impact (or lack of) upon their lives. And if they get bored, all they do is jump to the floods or whatever and do the same. 

Covid-19 will be visiting Scotland and it’s going have an impact on sporting events and folks daily lives and whatever else, I just fail to get the point of working myself into ensuring my freezer is filled with goat milk and I’m living in my basement for 3 years (I’d need to build one first tho – better make that call)

It’s not helping that Twitter is suppressing feeds from WHO people just trying to inform us. The media is more of an impediment than a tool of information. Stay well, fabulous people, I don’t want to lose any of you. apple01heartapple02

The following people thank ewe2 for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Von Bontee, sigh butterfly

I'm like Necko only I'm a bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin and also everyone. Or is everyone me? Now I'm a confused bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin everyone who is definitely not @Joe.  This has been true for 2016 & 2017 Sig-Badge.png but I may have to get more specific in the future.

aus-flag-v-small.png

11 March 2020
8.45am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
5805sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was looking around and I found an old wishing thread. Since that thread is locked, I shall ask my wish related question here.

If you could have one wish, what would you wish for?

Also if the price of the wish was to fight crime the rest of your life, would you still make your wish?

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

lovelyritametermaid

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

11 March 2020
9.45am
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
5806sp_Permalink sp_Print

Fighting crime actually sounds great, depending on how I’d be doing this fighting, so yeah. As for what I’d wish for, I don’t know. I’ll have to think on it. There’s not much in the world that I want that I don’t feel I could make happen any other way.

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

11 March 2020
9.48am
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
5807sp_Permalink sp_Print

I would probably wish that everyone in the world would believe in and realize the importance of and do something about climate change. I think that price is silly and vague though so I would make the wish and avoid that. 

Sky999

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

11 March 2020
4.25pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410

That’s a hard question actually. In light of anything better I’d wish for a fully decked out recording studio to myself (and of course any bandmates, whether they’re irl or BBers…) – including instruments.

Edit: the other bit of the question… eh, maybe? I guess it depends on what crime and how I’d fight it

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

Beatlebug

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

11 March 2020
4.35pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
5809sp_Permalink sp_Print

My one wish would be health and happiness for everyone nearest and dearest to me (that of course includes all you Biblers).

And fighting crime in the current titch like state that I am in, I don’t think it would go down too well. I’d just end up getting stabbed by some junkie. If I could grow upwards and become a tank- then yeah sure.

Or if I could have superpowers I’d fight crime- I’d like Spiderman’s skills.

Would current me fight crime for guaranteed health and happiness, well I would probably be killed in my first attempt so I don’t think that would bring me much health nor happiness to my nearest and dearest, so I’d probably have to say no.

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

lovelyritametermaid

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

1 April 2020
4.43pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
5810sp_Permalink sp_Print

What is ur fav pokemon here is the form! 

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

1 April 2020
5.08pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
5811sp_Permalink sp_Print

Unfortunately I’ve never played pokemon so can’t participate…

2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

1 April 2020
6.03pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members

The Hole Got Fixed said
Unfortunately I’ve never played pokemon so can’t participate…

You can as long as u have a passing knowledge of pokemon. The only required question is your fav pokemon, you can guess/random/ignore the rest.

Edit: I also sent this to rl people and they answered various absurd Pikachus

1 April 2020
6.06pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
5813sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yeah I don’t even have a passing knowledge of pokemon.
I know there’s a yellow one and I think I know the logo, that’s about it

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

Starr Shine?

aus-flag-v-small.png

1 April 2020
6.35pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
5814sp_Permalink sp_Print

^Yeah Jolteon is pretty cool:

Image Enlarger

Starr Shine?, WeepingAtlasCedars

1 April 2020
6.55pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
5815sp_Permalink sp_Print

WHOA!!!!!!! @The Hole Got Fixed NOT COOL MAN!!!!!!!!!! I thought we were done flashing that picture around the forum!!!

The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

1 April 2020
11.49pm
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5448
5816sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m partial to the wigglypuff/jigglytuff family

The following people thank Von Bontee for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, WeepingAtlasCedars

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

2 April 2020
8.13am
CakeMaestor
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 767
5817sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m a pretty big sucker to Generation 1 Pokemon, though this could be due to the fact that it’s the first and only one I ever played. However, I was surprised I didn’t actually waste my Master Ball on my first playthrough. Dugtrio’s my favorite, mostly because of the cute factor and the ground element. 

The following people thank CakeMaestor for this post:

lovelyritametermaid

We do a little trolling

- Faul

2 April 2020
8.22am
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
5818sp_Permalink sp_Print

Dragonite is the best Pokémon.

Look at him:

He delivers the post, you can fly on him, and he’s very powerful plus look at that smile. What a lad.

lovelyritametermaid, CakeMaestor, WeepingAtlasCedars

2 April 2020
8.56am
lovelyritametermaid
You can meet me after heavy rain has fallen
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1445
5819sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Aww I love Dragonite! What a cutie a-hard-days-night-ringo-10heart

My favorite’s always been Glaceon:

Glaceon Pokédex: stats, moves, evolution & locations | Pokémon ...Image Enlarger

"....When I cannot sing my heart, I can only speak my mind...." 

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

2 April 2020
9.31am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
5820sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve always liked Sandslash.

sandslash.jpgImage Enlarger

Ground is my fav pokemon type

Been playing pokemon with all your fav pokemon, results are interesting to be sure.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: kelicopter, Timpetus
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5509
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691