Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The All-Purpose Getting-To-Know-BBers Questions Thread
22 March 2019
5.56pm
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
5241sp_Permalink sp_Print

Tbh it’s sort of a mental thing for me. Instead of lying awake for hours and thinking “oh no oh no I’m not asleep I can’t fall asleep AHHHH HELP ME” I can just take melatonin and be like “HA HA my asshole brain can’t torture me now! Not today, Satan!” 

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

Beatlebug, TheWalrusWasBrian

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

22 March 2019
6.41pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22222
5242sp_Permalink sp_Print

I try to get around 9 to 9.5. I make it most of the time.

Sorry, I don’t watch SNL.

22 March 2019
6.42pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
5243sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said 

Sorry, I don’t watch SNL.

I’m sorry too. a-hard-days-night-george-10

TheWalrusWasBrian, Ahhh Girl

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

23 March 2019
12.15am
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
5244sp_Permalink sp_Print

Feel free to keep discussing Holey’s question but now seems like a good time to ask this one:

For those of you who live in difficult time zones, what do you do when nobody’s online?

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

23 March 2019
12.32am
Getbackintheussr
The Void
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1349

Most people are online right before I sleep and for a few hours after I wake up, which is pretty inconvenient. I try to wake up early to post, but that usually doesn’t work. paul-mccartney-facepalm_gifI like to look at the older posts when nobody’s online. 

And to answer Holey’s question, I used to sleep for around 6 hours a night on weekdays and 10 hours a night on weekends, but this article ruined that.

The following people thank Getbackintheussr for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, 50yearslate, ScarlettFieldsForever

P E A C E  &  L O V E

Sunglasses-Emoji-PNG-Transparent-Background.pngstar-emoji-by-google.png1f549.png1f98f.pngbroccoli_1f966.pngdrum-with-drumsticks_1f941.pngmultiple-musical-notes_1f3b6.pngkisspng-emojipedia-whatsapp-peace-symbols-text-messaging-5af2ba93ab48a4.1265377915258569157016.jpgSparkling_Pink_Heart_Emoji_large.pngOctopus_Emoji_large.png262e.png

Without going out of my door, I can know all things on Earth...

~Signature.png~

23 March 2019
12.40am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
5246sp_Permalink sp_Print

50yearslate said
Feel free to keep discussing Holey’s question but now seems like a good time to ask this one:

For those of you who live in difficult time zones, what do you do when nobody’s online?

Ah yes, living in Australia I can relate to that…

After about 4 or 5 PM there’s rarely anyone online. What do I do? The same thing as always. Reply to any unread posts that I so desire, and if I think of any conversation starters I’ll post them. I don’t act differently because there’s no need to.

Getbackintheussr said 

And to answer Holey’s question, I used to sleep for around 6 hours a night on weekdays and 10 hours a night on weekends, but this article ruined that.

Ooft that article though…

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

50yearslate, Getbackintheussr, Beatlebug

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

23 March 2019
12.53am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
5247sp_Permalink sp_Print

As Holey and others know, being an insomniac, I’m generally lurking around and appear unexpectedly at ungodly hours when I’ve something to post. Currently around ten to six in the morning here. Ain’t been to sleep yet.

As to SNL, the late great Gilda Radner.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

50yearslate, The Hole Got Fixed, TheWalrusWasBrian, ewe2

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

23 March 2019
11.54pm
ewe2
Inside the beat
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3025

The Hole Got Fixed said
Feel free to keep talking about SNL but I’m asking this now so I don’t forget to later. 

Inspired by the in my life thread, How much sleep do you get at night? 

Apparently teenagers and young adults need more sleep because the hormones sap your energy. Well, that was my excuse back in the day. I am a chronic insomniac, I will have a working sleep schedule for a couple of weeks and then the body rebels and I end up having weird hours. Having a kitty who wants her brekky at 5amish helps but lately she’s been getting tired and forgets to wake me until 6.30am! My only hope of getting it back in order is to have a marathon day which resets things for a while.

Oops, forgot the SNL thing. Nobody, I’ve never watched it because I’m Australian but I do know a bit of its earlier history and have seen DVDs of some stuff. It’s kind of a weird institution now.

When noone’s online? I have many things to do on the internets or at least the computers! stuart-sutcliffe

The following people thank ewe2 for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, 50yearslate, Beatlebug, TheWalrusWasBrian

I'm like Necko only I'm a bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin and also everyone. Or is everyone me? Now I'm a confused bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin everyone who is definitely not @Joe.  This has been true for 2016 & 2017 Sig-Badge.png but I may have to get more specific in the future.

aus-flag-v-small.png

24 March 2019
12.15am
Wigwam
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1913
5249sp_Permalink sp_Print

Perhaps unlike most people of my age the thing that makes me jump out of bed in the morning isn’t my bladder

I sleep most nights at 9……..But I’m well into arousal mode around sparrow fart which is 5:45 to 6 here.

Always been my pattern since paper-boy days. If I go to bed late……..Still awake at 5.30.

Have to set an alarm for England Football matches here with latest one kicking off at 2:45…..back to bed 4.30….Still awake at 6!!

I feel sorry for insomniacs ……..As soon as it’s ‘up the wooden hills to Bedfordshire time’….My head touches the pillow…….somewhere between 30 sec and a minute later and I’m away with the fairies…….

The following people thank Wigwam for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, TheWalrusWasBrian, ewe2
24 March 2019
12.58am
ScarlettFieldsForever
Marmalade Skies
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1063
5250sp_Permalink sp_Print

I usually sleep 6-7 hours during school days (go to sleep at midnight, then get up at 6:50…I have this bad habit of staying up late even with little homework), and up to 10 hours on the weekend. If I don’t need to get up, I can just keep sleeping!

Most of the days I wake up with TONS of unread posts. In the morning there are the most people online, so I’ll be very busy checking and making new posts. And when it comes to the afternoon, the whole forum just turns unbelievably quiet…I often feel embarrassed to post at this time, or even to stay online when there are only 2 people (ah, me the introvert). So I close the site and do other stuff, regularly checking.  At night the forum is active again, especially after 22:30–sadly, I’ll soon go to bed then.mccartney-shrug_01_gifTypically A Day In The Life .

The following people thank ScarlettFieldsForever for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Getbackintheussr, TheWalrusWasBrian, ewe2

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes...

24 March 2019
6.28am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2143
5251sp_Permalink sp_Print

I love sleeping but still find myself staying up late. But that’s okay on weekends where I’m happy to sleep all day. Or just stretch out and be in bed while reading, listening to music or gaming. With the fan on and the blinds open too. a-hard-days-night-john-1

The following people thank Timothy for this post:

Getbackintheussr, Beatlebug, TheWalrusWasBrian, The Hole Got Fixed, ewe2

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

24 March 2019
10.52am
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
5252sp_Permalink sp_Print

ScarlettFieldsForever said

Most of the days I wake up with TONS of unread posts. In the morning there are the most people online, so I’ll be very busy checking and making new posts. And when it comes to the afternoon, the whole forum just turns unbelievably quiet…I often feel embarrassed to post at this time, or even to stay online when there are only 2 people (ah, me the introvert). So I close the site and do other stuff, regularly checking.  At night the forum is active again, especially after 22:30–sadly, I’ll soon go to bed then.mccartney-shrug_01_gifTypically A Day In The Life .

I’m curious– how many? I normally wake up to between 10 and 30 unread threads.

TheWalrusWasBrian, ewe2

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

24 March 2019
11.10am
ScarlettFieldsForever
Marmalade Skies
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1063
5253sp_Permalink sp_Print

50yearslate said

I suppose it’s more than that–maybe up to 40 sometimes. I don’t always check the number, but I do feel that I’ve missed some heated discussions in my sleep.

By the way Fiddy, you contribute a lot. You can take over “recent posts” in a short while.a-hard-days-night-george-10

The following people thank ScarlettFieldsForever for this post:

Beatlebug, 50yearslate, The Hole Got Fixed

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes...

24 March 2019
11.12am
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
5254sp_Permalink sp_Print

Timothy said
I love sleeping but still find myself staying up late.   

Me too a-hard-days-night-paul-7 I love sleeping, but I also love doing things that aren’t sleeping at night when it’s quiet and my imagination is more active…

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

24 March 2019
11.13am
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
5255sp_Permalink sp_Print

50yearslate said

I suppose it’s more than that–maybe up to 40 sometimes. I don’t always check the number, but I do feel that I’ve missed some heated discussions in my sleep.

Wow, that’s a lot, must take you forever to read them all.

By the way Fiddy, you contribute a lot. You can take over “recent posts” in a short while.a-hard-days-night-george-10

ahdn_george_01You don’t say… a-hard-days-night-george-10

Actually, that might make an interesting question:

How many unread threads do you generally wake up to?

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

24 March 2019
11.15am
Beatlebug

Moderators
5256sp_Permalink sp_Print

This morning I had about 15. Somedays it’s closer to 30 depending on how active I was the previous day.

I try to get it down to 0 more or less daily, ‘mark all posts read’ tends to get used to help me achieve that end ahdn_george_06

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

50yearslate

([{BRACKETS!}])
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png

24 March 2019
11.20am
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
5257sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Oh, you don’t read them all? The only time I can remember that I didn’t read all my unread posts was when I went to Disneyland and was online for maybe fifteen minutes a day, but even then I kept them unread so I could read them when I got home.

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

24 March 2019
11.21am
Beatlebug

Moderators
5258sp_Permalink sp_Print

I used to, but I ain’t got time or patience for that now a-hard-days-night-paul-7 I go through and read all the ones that I’m interested in, then mark the rest read. Like games I don’t participate in, ATN topics I don’t care about, etc.

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

50yearslate, TheWalrusWasBrian

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

24 March 2019
3.42pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
5259sp_Permalink sp_Print

Going back a year, there were some mornings with <5 although the average was about 10. Now that, as SFF pointed out, we have spme rather prolific posters in the American time zones a-hard-days-night-george-10 the average is about 20. That being said, the last few mornings have been >30 (this morning was 17 though). 

But I read every post, so it does take a while some mornings!

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

50yearslate, Beatlebug, ScarlettFieldsForever

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

25 March 2019
10.34am
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3761
5260sp_Permalink sp_Print

I normally log on to about 20 unread topics, depending on how long I’ve been offline. Mostly I just go in the threads I normally post in, which is most of the regular ATN threads, all the songs/albums threads and whatever else takes my fancy. I’ve never really gotten into the Forum games though, since I’m no good at guessing and always seem to arrive when a game has just gotten underway. 

The following people thank QuarryMan for this post:

50yearslate, Beatlebug

I've been up on the mountain, and I've seen his wondrous grace,
I've sat there on the barstool and I've looked him in the face.
He seemed a little haggard, but it did not slow him down,
he was humming to the neon of the universal sound. 

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694