Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The All-Purpose Getting-To-Know-BBers Questions Thread
21 May 2017
7.29pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4421sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 That’s one of the oddest and coolest habits ever. I couldn’t write backwards without really thinking about it.

@Martha (I hope you don’t mind my correcting you, I’m not trying to be a grammar-Nazi but I thought you might appreciate the advice) it’s more usual, in English, to say ‘I talk to myself’ or ‘I brush my teeth’ rather than ‘I’m talking to myself’ or ‘I’m brushing my teeth’. Ending in -ing refers more specifically to what you are doing right now, rather than what you tend to do yesterday, today and tomorrow. It’s a minor quibble, I just thought you’d like to know. apple01

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

sir walter raleigh, Martha

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

21 May 2017
8.36pm
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5789
4422sp_Permalink sp_Print

My worst habit is smoking. I am young too. Oh well, please don’t judge me. Just being honest. 

The following people thank sir walter raleigh for this post:

Dark Overlord

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

21 May 2017
9.24pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4470
4423sp_Permalink sp_Print

There’s nothing wrong with an occasional smoke. Don’t fall for all that stupid bullshit those smokers commercials tell you, those are extreme cases, I know people who have smoked since they were children and lived into their 80’s. The real problem with cigarettes isn’t the tobacco itself but rather the added ingredients that tobacco companies add, so if you think smoking is a bad habit instead of giving it up, replace those Marlboro’s with a nice pipe and plant your own tobacco, I’d do it if I had the time and money and if you plant your own tobacco, you’re getting the relaxing taste of tobacco without the added chemicals.

If you're reading this, you are looking for something to do.

21 May 2017
9.54pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
4424sp_Permalink sp_Print

sir walter raleigh said
My worst habit is smoking. I am young too. Oh well, please don’t judge me. Just being honest.   

One for the confessions thread…

Hopefully no one will judge you! It’s to nice a forum for that to happen!

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

WeepingAtlasCedars, Martha

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

21 May 2017
10.08pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
4425sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have a multitude of bad habits. Nail biting, staying up too late, procrastinating, forgetting things, etc etc etc… ahdn_paul_01

The following people thank WeepingAtlasCedars for this post:

sir walter raleigh, Martha, Beatlebug

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

21 May 2017
10.19pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
4426sp_Permalink sp_Print

I wasn’t planning on mentioning this but since other users do similar things, I mind as well mention it here myself. I have never clipped my own nails, I bite them because I prefer the feel of bitten nails to clipped nails and the last time I had my nails clipped was when I was about 6.

21 May 2017
11.54pm
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
4427sp_Permalink sp_Print

One driving-related bad habit I have: taking both hands off the wheel during a red light. It’s probably not that dangerous, but it’s less than ideal. 

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

22 May 2017
12.47am
sir walter raleigh
Apple rooftop
Members
4428sp_Permalink sp_Print

WeepingAtlasCedars said
I have a multitude of bad habits. Nail biting, staying up too late, procrastinating, forgetting things, etc etc etc… ahdn_paul_01  

I use a pocket knife to cut my nails, but I often do a bad job and end up bleeding. I also stay up way too late either out at night or doing nothing at home. 

WeepingAtlasCedars

22 May 2017
3.03am
Martha
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1277
4429sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yes, staying up very late is also a bad habit of mine! 

And thanks a lot for the correction @Beatlebug!apple01 I indeed really appreciate it as it’s a very helpful advice!paul-mccartney-thumb_gifahdn_george_08

The following people thank Martha for this post:

Beatlebug

Not once does the diversity seem forced -- the genius of the record is how the vaudevillian "When I'm 64" seems like a logical extension of "Within You Without You" and how it provides a gateway to the chiming guitars of "Lovely Rita. - Stephen T. Erlewine on Sgt Pepper's

22 May 2017
6.22am
Beatlebug

Moderators
4430sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh, yes, I am the worst person about staying up late that I know. Probably my worst bad habit. a-hard-days-night-paul-3 *props eyelids open and drinks caffeinated tea*

([{BRACKETS!}])
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png

22 May 2017
6.48am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
4431sp_Permalink sp_Print

WeepingAtlasCedars said

This.

I’d far rather stay up very late than get up early. Mornings are almost pointless.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

WeepingAtlasCedars, BeatleSnut

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

22 May 2017
7.32am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
4432sp_Permalink sp_Print

I like the mornings more. I am a wake up eairly kinda person.

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

22 May 2017
10.13am
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
4433sp_Permalink sp_Print

sir walter raleigh said

I use a pocket knife to cut my nails, but I often do a bad job and end up bleeding. I also stay up way too late either out at night or doing nothing at home.   

How is that even possible, the thought of using a switchblade to cut your nails is absurd.

The following people thank Dark Overlord for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog

22 May 2017
10.18am
sir walter raleigh
Apple rooftop
Members
4434sp_Permalink sp_Print

A switchblade would be cool, but I use a Swiss Army Knife. I’ve gotten pretty good at it over the years, but I still cut them too close most of the time. 

Dark Overlord

24 May 2017
7.15pm
Martha
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1277
4435sp_Permalink sp_Print

To which extent do you love the Beatles solely because of their music and to which extent because of everything else (political activities, characters/personalities, humour,…)?

Not once does the diversity seem forced -- the genius of the record is how the vaudevillian "When I'm 64" seems like a logical extension of "Within You Without You" and how it provides a gateway to the chiming guitars of "Lovely Rita. - Stephen T. Erlewine on Sgt Pepper's

24 May 2017
8.16pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
4436sp_Permalink sp_Print

I like The Beatles because of their music and their musical abilities, George is a great guitarist, Paul is one of the best if not the best bassist of all time, Ringo is up there with Neil, Keith, and John as far as drumming goes, and their 3 part harmonies are something to live for. Also, their music itself is great, I think we can all agree, especially their later stuff, The Beatles progressed throughout their career, every album being superior to the last with only a few exceptions, some of my favorites include Nowhere Man , And Your Bird Can Sing , Fixing A Hole , I Am The Walrus , Hey Bulldog , Revolution , Dear Prudence , While My Guitar Gently Weeps , Happiness Is A Warm Gun , Yer Blues , Savoy Truffle , Come Together , Maxwell’s Silver Hammer , I Want You (She’s So Heavy), and I Me Mine .

As far as whether or not I like The Beatles as actual people, I really like John’s peace and love point of view, I really like how he and Yoko think that war is wrong regardless of the circumstance, a great moral to live by and he was also a very nice person, very loving and caring, no wonder he reminds me of Ned Flanders. As for Paul, I’m fine with him being a vegetarian although I think vegetarianism is stupid because unless if everyone becomes a vegetarian, meat factories are still going to be in place, there isn’t a single place anywhere in the world ever that closed down because there weren’t enough people who ate meat products, I will say that I’m impressed with him getting in a romantic relationship with someone 26 years younger than him, a 61 year old and a 35 year old is a very unlikely relationship. I’m fine with George’s Hinduism and spiritual beliefs but I’m not into that stuff. As for Ringo, he’s Ringo.

24 May 2017
8.24pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
4437sp_Permalink sp_Print

I like the whole package. I am fascinated with the music, the stories, the psychology, etc.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Beatlebug, BeatleSnut, Martha, WeepingAtlasCedars
24 May 2017
8.24pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
4438sp_Permalink sp_Print

Martha said
To which extent do you love the Beatles solely because of their music and to which extent because of everything else (political activities, characters/personalities, humour,…)?  

Good question, @Martha.

I have to say I fell in love with their music first, and it’s their music that remains with me. But I did go through a period where I vastly preferred the early Beatles because I had an image of them as young happy moptops working together cohesively and creatively, as opposed to the strife of later works.

George’s music I love almost solely because it is so integral an expression of his personality, which I love.

I think it’s safe to say that the music does indeed come first, but the fact that those four lads are utterly irresistible doesn’t hurt in the slightest. a-hard-days-night-george-9

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

Martha

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

24 May 2017
8.49pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
4439sp_Permalink sp_Print

Music about 90%.

The other 10% is their humour and wit!

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

24 May 2017
10.05pm
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5012
4440sp_Permalink sp_Print

I don’t know that I could divide into percentages, but I guess I don’t really divide between their music and personalities in my mind. I just see each person as a whole including his art.

The following people thank Expert Textpert for this post:

Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

"If you're ever in the shit, grab my tit.” —Paul McCartney 

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694