Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The All-Purpose Getting-To-Know-BBers Questions Thread
20 October 2016
7.35pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3781sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

AppleScruffJunior said

My friends and I like to reenact World War 2 (yes it is strange as it sounds) I always play as France. At the minute we have a UK, Poland, Germany&Austria, USA, Japan, France, Italy and Soviet Union.   

Is that so you can spend most of the time drinking tea with your feet up having surrendered 12 minutes in?  

Most of my time is like, they’re going to attack me through Belgium right? Belgium? Yeah Belgium, course it has to be Belgium…..aww crap.

And saying how France will never give into the filthy Nazis and then…oops. But then I get to plan the Resistance so it’s not all bad but yeah France is a bit of an easy card to play.

I also do narrator doing the little links so people know where the war is going, the intro to it is this:

“Welcome to World War 2. It is 1939, Germany and Austria have formed an alliance and invaded the Czech Republic. Every country has turned a blind eye not wanting to start a conflict that will lead to the deaths of millions like The Great War. The Spanish Civil War has just ended and the dictator General Franco rules the country. Italy has just invaded Albania and has made a personal union with the Albanian crown. May 1939, Italy and Germany sign a Pact of Friendship and Alliance saying they will be BFFs ’til the end. British Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain states that Britain will protect Poland if it is invaded. Tensions are mounting, sparks flying and that is when on September 1, 1939- Germany invades Poland.”

It really is fun in that it’s both educational but you also get a kick out of planning attacks, we’ve started it again recently and we’re on November 1939, Poland has just collapsed after a month and 5 days of war, bit sad.

If any country is easy to play it’s Ireland, it’s basically: Neutral, rationing, Germany bombed us, Germany bombed us again, STOP BOMBING US GERMANY WE’RE NEUTRAL GODDAMMIT!, Bombing, Oh Hitler is dead better be the only neutral nation to sign the condolence book.

Oh Ireland paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

Little Piggy Dragonguy, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

20 October 2016
8.38pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
3782sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard inquired discreetly 
Not usually one to ask in here but does anyone keep a regular journal/diary?

I have since January 2011. I used to write a lot more than I do now. I used to try and write every vaguely interesting happening down, but now I only write when I feel like it and I’ve got a lot less time to waste than I used to, so I’ll often go for months without a single entry. Most of it’s quite boring to everyone except me at the time and some bits are rather cringeworthy, so I hardly ever read old entries. 

They’re mostly useful if one is having the following sort of exchange: ‘No, we took that holiday in June of 2012.’ ‘No, it had to have been earlier than that, cos reasons.’ ‘No, it was in June of 2012 and I’ve got the diary entry to prove it’ *waves journal under nose of opposing family member* a-hard-days-night-john-1 

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

20 October 2016
8.44pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
3783sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

Yes, I keep a journal of my dreams. I only record ones that I really find are important/interesting/etc. in order to save time and space, but it honestly doesn’t help that much, as I have a rememberable dream almost every night and thus always have plenty to record. At the moment I’ve got about 10 waiting to be written down, and I think I might be finally able to get them in there today. 

In a way it’s just another way of keeping a daily diary, as my dreams quite often reflect on what is going on in my life at the time. I sometimes go back and look at some of the older ones to see what life was like at the time for me, and it can be an interesting process. 

Oh, yes, and as of now I’ve got about 140 dreams total. Plenty of light reading there.a-hard-days-night-george-9

The following people thank WeepingAtlasCedars for this post:

Beatlebug

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

20 October 2016
8.54pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
3784sp_Permalink sp_Print

DreamingAtlasCedars said

Yes, I keep a journal of my dreams. [snip]

Oh, yes, I quite forgot I recently started one myself. I only write down the ones that I remember and are vaguely coherent, because many of my dreams are scattered fragments of nonsense which evaporate upon my waking. I’ve trained myself to remember the music-related ones, though. a-hard-days-night-john-6 

My dreams don’t usually have much to do with daily happenings, though. 

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

WeepingAtlasCedars

([{BRACKETS!}])
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png

20 October 2016
10.09pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
3785sp_Permalink sp_Print

Silly Girl said

They’re mostly useful if one is having the following sort of exchange: ‘No, we took that holiday in June of 2012.’ ‘No, it had to have been earlier than that, cos reasons.’ ‘No, it was in June of 2012 and I’ve got the diary entry to prove it’ *waves journal under nose of opposing family member* a-hard-days-night-john-1   

Wow, that is so bold. I would never be able to share my journal entries with other people. I have read entries from my high school journal to one of my cousins, but I would mostly just write down epiphanies in there so it wasn’t very personal, and the personal things I didn’t read to her. 

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

20 October 2016
11.56pm
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
3786sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

Not currently.

I’ve tried many times before, but I usually lose interest and give up pretty quickly. 

The following people thank Necko for this post:

Starr Shine?

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

21 October 2016
7.13am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198
3787sp_Permalink sp_Print

ewe2 said

If I may ask a question, I’m a bit of a computer history buff and I love old hardware. What’s the oldest computer you’ve ever owned? I’ve had an XT at one time, but most of my oldies come from the mid 90’s (alpha server and an SGI O2).  

In 1995, I asked the law school advisor what I should do to prepare for law school. She said, “Buy a laptop computer and take a long vacation.”

My mom bought me this Toshiba Satellite T1910. Thankfully it lasted longer than my stint in law school. paul-mccartney-thumb_gif

20161021_064352.jpgImage Enlarger

20161021_064258.jpgImage Enlarger

Not too bad for 1995.

Ohhh Boy wants me to tell you he still has his Commodore 64 and his TI-99/4a. His uncle bought the TI for him when they came out in 1981. Ohhh Boy bought the Commodore himself in 1982. He used the TI mainly for gaming because the stuff you could buy to run on it was so expensive. He had many more applications for the Commodore.

21 October 2016
12.59pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
3788sp_Permalink sp_Print

Little Piggy Dragonguy said

Wow, that is so bold. I would never be able to share my journal entries with other people. I have read entries from my high school journal to one of my cousins, but I would mostly just write down epiphanies in there so it wasn’t very personal, and the personal things I didn’t read to her.   

I don’t share my entries, but I often cite them. 

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

Little Piggy Dragonguy, WeepingAtlasCedars

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

22 October 2016
3.34pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
3789sp_Permalink sp_Print

When people post a video of a song you don’t know in the What Are You Listening To Right Now? thread or the Songs You Are on a Kick Of thread, do you listen to the songs?

22 October 2016
3.52pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944
3790sp_Permalink sp_Print

When people post a video of a song you don’t know in the What Are You Listening To Right Now? thread or the Songs You Are on a Kick Of thread, do you listen to the songs?  

Depends if it looks of note but generally no.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

William Shears Campbell

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

22 October 2016
4.30pm
The Hippie Chick
Counting the holes in Blackburn, Lancashire
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1387
3791sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

Yes, a paper journal. I don’t write regularly though. I write more in my Livejournal online… though the REALLY personal stuff goes in my paper journal.

“She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together.”  - J.D. Salinger

22 October 2016
4.34pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944
3792sp_Permalink sp_Print

The Hippie Chick said

meanmistermustard said

Yes, a paper journal. I don’t write regularly though. I write more in my Livejournal online… though the REALLY personal stuff goes in my paper journal.  

I never thought of an online journal.

Mine are all paper and i have a policy where the same journal design can never be used twice.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

22 October 2016
7.29pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
3793sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard replied to LP Dragonguy’s question 

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Same answer for me.

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

22 October 2016
9.07pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
3794sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

What does “looks of note” mean? I’ve never heard that before. 

23 October 2016
1.27am
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
3795sp_Permalink sp_Print

Not one hundred percent of the time, but yes, when it’s not too inconvenient or inappropriate to do so in the situation. 

The following people thank Necko for this post:

Evangeline

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

23 October 2016
7.53am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
3796sp_Permalink sp_Print

No, all the embedded videos are part of why I left the threads.

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

23 October 2016
8.04am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105

I was reading Ahhh Girl’s dream, I wondered, What if Joe was American?

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

23 October 2016
8.11am
sgtpepper63
On a boat on a river with tangering trees and marmalade skies
Carnegie Hall
Guests
Forum Posts: 551
3798sp_Permalink sp_Print

Starr Shine? said
She I was reading Ahhh Girl’s dream, I wondered, What if Joe was American?  

He’d still be into The Beatles, I know lots of Americans who are into The Beatles, both people who were alive back then or who didn’t learn about them until later, and they’re just as much of a Beatles fan as any guy from the UK.

23 October 2016
3.21pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
3799sp_Permalink sp_Print

Starr Shine? said
I was reading Ahhh Girl’s dream, I wondered, What if Joe was American?  

The site would be written in American-English and thus would make ASJ sad

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

23 October 2016
3.50pm
HMBeatlesfan
Kalamazoo, Seussville, USA
Candlestick Park
Guests
Forum Posts: 1115

Ahhh Girl said 

Ohhh Boy wants me to tell you he still has his Commodore 64 and his TI-99/4a. His uncle bought the TI for him when they came out in 1981. Ohhh Boy bought the Commodore himself in 1982. He used the TI mainly for gaming because the stuff you could buy to run on it was so expensive. He had many more applications for the Commodore.  

Oh hell yeah, the Commodore 64 was the shit back in 1982. I got my C64 back in Christmas 1983 and used it even after I got my NES Deluxe Set in 1985 because the games were great and a lot better than the 2600, although not as good as the arcade or NES, look at the comparison:

Atari 2600:

91465-Pac-Man_(1982)_(Atari,_Tod_Frye_-_Sears)_(CX2646_-_49-75185)-1.pngImage Enlarger

Commodore 64:

pacman5200.pngImage Enlarger

Atari 2600:

galaxian.pngImage Enlarger

Commodore 64:

Galaxian.pngImage Enlarger

Atari 2600:

star_wars__the_arcade_game.pngImage Enlarger

Commodore 64:

Star-Wars-The-Arcade-Game-Commodore-64-Screenshot.jpgImage Enlarger

And in addition to the better graphics and the fact that there were games on it such as Ultima and Castlevania that were too advance for the Atari, you could also file your taxes and do your homework on it. Sadly, I had to wait until January of 1984 to get a floppy drive for it for my 17th birthday, so I was stuck playing Pac Man for a bit while my copy of Castle Wolfenstien was sitting there.

The following people thank HMBeatlesfan for this post:

Ahhh Girl

Maybe you should try posting more.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690