Log In

Please consider registering
Guest

— Forum Scope —






— Match —





— Forum Options —





Min search length: 3 characters / Max search length: 84 characters

Register Ranks

Register Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Song you are on a kick of right now?
RSS
Happy Nat
USA
157 Posts
(Offline)
21
24 May 2010 - 8.21pm

All of the crazy sounds in the remastered mix of Only A Northern Song on the Yellow Submarine Songtrack. This is the mix by Peter Cobbin. This
track was previously available only in a muddy mono mix, and the 2009 remasters are an improvement but this full stereo mix from 1999 is
dazzlingly clear and has layers of
surrealistic sound.blue-meanie

Bringing you the best and worst of The Beatles, since 2007.

Avatar
Alissa
Find me in my field of grass
397 Posts
(Offline)
22
24 May 2010 - 8.27pm

BlueBoule said:

Savoy Truffle, Tomorrow Never Knows, All Things Must Pass, Fixing A Hole, the Anthology versions of Fool On The Hill and Young Blood off the Live @ The BBC album.

a-hard-days-night-paul-8


"The Fool On The Hill" from the Anthology is brilliant, no? I think I may like it a wee bit better... a-hard-days-night-ringo-12
And yee-haw! New Ringo smileys!

a-hard-days-night-ringo-4a-hard-days-night-ringo-13a-hard-days-night-ringo-15

Tongue, lose thy light. Moon, take thy flight… see ya, George!

Avatar
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
1054 Posts
(Offline)
23
24 May 2010 - 11.18pm

Alissa said:

 

"The Fool On The Hill" from the Anthology is brilliant, no? I think I may like it a wee bit better... a-hard-days-night-ringo-12

And yee-haw! New Ringo smileys!
 

a-hard-days-night-ringo-4a-hard-days-night-ringo-13a-hard-days-night-ringo-15


 I like the one all the way to the right.

"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."

Avatar
sevenlevels
A town in Colorado
50 Posts
(Offline)
24
25 May 2010 - 12.41am

Ringo wants YOU.

Alissa, what do you like about the Anthology version? I haven't had a chance to hear it yet.a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

I now declare this bridge open!

Marcelo
478 Posts
(Offline)
25
25 May 2010 - 1.47am

mithveaen said:

Marcelo said:

I'm learning strawbwery fields forever, Sexy Sadie, imagine and jealous guy on piano. Just in case.


 

I'm jealous.

And How Do You Do It? I mean, do you get music sheets or you get the song by yourself?


 

Well, I didn't studied piano, so what I do is learn the chords, then try to polish it hearing the song until something half-decent sounds.

I'd like to say "thank you" on behalf of the group and ourselves and I hope we passed the audition.
John Lennon

Avatar
GniknuS
Rain? I don't mind
1327 Posts
(Offline)
26
25 May 2010 - 6.12am

I've had This Boy in my head all day at work, which is strange because I haven't heard it in months.a-hard-days-night-ringo-7

I sat on a rug, biding my time, drinking her wine

Avatar
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost

8722 Posts
(Offline)
27
25 May 2010 - 3.26pm

GnikNus said:

I've had This Boy in my head all day at work, which is strange because I haven't heard it in months.a-hard-days-night-ringo-7


 

I heard it this moring on the way to work - just got it out of my head - then I read your post. Thanks.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

Avatar
GniknuS
Rain? I don't mind
1327 Posts
(Offline)
28
25 May 2010 - 6.31pm

Zig said:

GnikNus said:

I've had This Boy in my head all day at work, which is strange because I haven't heard it in months.a-hard-days-night-ringo-7


 

I heard it this moring on the way to work - just got it out of my head - then I read your post. Thanks.


 

Sorry about that, but I could've put Revolution 9 in your head...just think about it, number nine, number nine, number nine.

I sat on a rug, biding my time, drinking her wine

Avatar
sgtpepperbowman
Virginia, United States
29 Posts
(Offline)
29
25 May 2010 - 6.49pm

Probably Strawberry Fields right now

I am the walrus that lives in a yellow submarine because I like to be in an octopus' garden

Avatar
Alissa
Find me in my field of grass
397 Posts
(Offline)
30
25 May 2010 - 9.27pm

sevenlevels said:

Ringo wants YOU.

Alissa, what do you like about the Anthology version? I haven't had a chance to hear it yet.a-hard-days-night-ringo-14


It's very powerful- volume wise I would say. Paul is using his chest voice as opposed to his head voice, which gives the whole song more strength. I don't know, the vocal just does it for me!

The music itself is also a much heavier sound, which the MMT version suits the song's context better, but I like the weight of the anthology version. I recommend having a listen! a-hard-days-night-paul-5

Tongue, lose thy light. Moon, take thy flight… see ya, George!

Happy Nat
USA
157 Posts
(Offline)
31
26 May 2010 - 12.12am

Happy Nat said:

All of the crazy sounds in the remastered mix of Only A Northern Song on the Yellow Submarine Songtrack. This is the mix by Peter Cobbin. This

track was previously available only in a muddy mono mix, and the 2009 remasters are an improvement but this full stereo mix from 1999 is

dazzlingly clear and has layers of

surrealistic sound.blue-meanie


 

I guess no one else has much to say about this one...oh, well....I think it's fab!

If you think the harmony

Is a little dark and out of key

You're correct, there's nobody there

So out there, man...

 

I miss George. a-hard-days-night-george-2

Bringing you the best and worst of The Beatles, since 2007.

Avatar
c64wood
249 Posts
(Offline)
32
26 May 2010 - 1.22am

Abbey Road - side 2

I know you know what you know, but you should know by now that you're not me ~ Ron Nasty

Avatar
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
1054 Posts
(Offline)
33
26 May 2010 - 1.42am

c64wood said:

Abbey Road - side 2


Ah, great medley. Her Majesty is the best encore ever.

"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."

Avatar
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
4618 Posts
(Offline)
34
26 May 2010 - 3.33am

MrBig said:

c64wood said:

Abbey Road – side 2


Ah, great medley. Her Majesty is the best encore ever.

 

 


 

Actually Her Majesty is the only song where I can play the drums in expert in Rock Band and get a perfect score .. a-hard-days-night-ringo-15

 

Now thanks to the "Favorite bits" in the songs someone (sorry I forgot your nickname!!) posted here.. now I can't stop listening to "All I've Got To Do" in my head… My George Harrison avatar is truly getting jealous of Johnny boy.

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

Avatar
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost

8722 Posts
(Offline)
35
26 May 2010 - 1.00pm

GnikNus said:

 


 
Sorry about that, but I could've put Revolution 9 in your head...just think about it, number nine, number nine, number nine.

No worries Gnik - Mistahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Mooooooooooonliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. 

Gotcha! 

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

Avatar
GniknuS
Rain? I don't mind
1327 Posts
(Offline)
36
26 May 2010 - 5.12pm

Zig said:

GnikNus said:

 


Sorry about that, but I could've put Revolution 9 in your head...just think about it, number nine, number nine, number nine.
 


No worries Gnik - Mistahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Mooooooooooonliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
 

Gotcha! 


 

Oh boy and Mr. Moonlight is pretty catchy too so that might stay in my head for a while.

I sat on a rug, biding my time, drinking her wine

Avatar
PeterWeatherby
A Park in the Dark
367 Posts
(Offline)
37
26 May 2010 - 5.33pm

mithveaen said:

Now thanks to the "Favorite bits" in the songs someone (sorry I forgot your nickname!!) posted here.. now I can't stop listening to "All I've Got To Do" in my head… My George Harrison avatar is truly getting jealous of Johnny boy.


 

Ah, that was probably me.  Which reminds me, I'm posting the A Hard Day's Night  segment of the "favorite bits" series on my site today.  That should help you get "All I've Got To Do" dislodged from your head. george-martin

 

As for the songs I'm "stuck" on at the moment: "Woman", "Live And Let Die", "I Don't Want To Spoil The Party", and "Long Tall Sally."  I really appreciated reading earlier in this thread that someone else has inadvertently landed on a "favorite" Beatles song ("Martha My Dear" is a great choice, btw), because I've just come to mostly the same conclusion about "Long Tall Sally" myself.  Those first six or seven seconds of the song give me goosebumps every single time - something about the way Macca shrieks out those opening lines ... phew.

Not a bit like Cagney.

Avatar
GniknuS
Rain? I don't mind
1327 Posts
(Offline)
38
27 May 2010 - 5.12pm

I just realized how absolutely awesome the anthology version of I'm Down is.

I sat on a rug, biding my time, drinking her wine

BlueBoule
Here, There And Everywhere
19 Posts
(Offline)
39
27 May 2010 - 11.16pm

Blue Jay Way. The lyrics are so simple, random, and yet so great. George was such a genius.

a-hard-days-night-george-6

 

 

And... omg, that's terrific. I've just played it backwards, and I really heard the lines that shall prove the Paul-is-dead-myth, Paul is Hare Krishna etc. I really don't believe it and I don't want to, but I actually got a bit scared. It is weird...

Listen to the colour of your dreams…

The CREeK
A Small Town 22 Miles South of Oregon
109 Posts
(Offline)
40
27 May 2010 - 11.56pm

That happened to me too when I listened to all the lyrics backwards. It's just chilling.

Anyways, I've got I'm Down in my head and Across The Universe along with Can't Buy Me Love

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
All RSS Show Stats

Administrators:
Joe
Ellie

Moderators:
Ahhh Girl
meanmistermustard
Zig
Joe

Top Posters:

Starr Shine?: 12269

Silly Girl: 8618

parlance: 7065

mr. Sun king coming together: 6429

Mr. Kite: 6131

trcanberra: 5854

Ron Nasty: 5549

Necko: 5461

mithveaen: 4618

AppleScruffJunior: 4055

Newest Members:

markus567r

herseydenvar2

JohnBeatle

Michael Varn

asiffk

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 42

Topics: 4012

Posts: 227704

 

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 3634

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: AppleScruffJunior, Sugarplum fairy, sir walter raleigh, The Hippie Chick, Evangeline, Squid's Orchard
67 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: O Boogie