Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Pet Peeves
13 January 2021
3.42am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
5361sp_Permalink sp_Print

50yearslate said
The fact that some topics Have Every Word Capitalized In Their Titles and some topics Don’t or are capitalized Inconsistently

If you want to, Joe may be able to give you permission to reword every topic title that requires correction. Obviously you would need to sign a contract stating that you would not alter the words beyond correction of the title case where and when required, You would also need to pass all your corrections by the mods, and it would need to be in an easy to digest format that doesn’t take up too much of our time as we are incredibly busy. And if there is a contract, there has to be a clause stating what happens if you do wrong, some kind of penalty. Your reward would be the bettering of the forum.

Tired Office GIF - Tired Office Cubicle - Discover & Share GIFs | The  incredibles, Bored at work, Stages of writingImage Enlarger

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

13 January 2021
2.57pm
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
5362sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

50yearslate said

The fact that some topics Have Every Word Capitalized In Their Titles and some topics Don’t or are capitalized Inconsistently

If you want to, Joe may be able to give you permission to reword every topic title that requires correction. Obviously you would need to sign a contract stating that you would not alter the words beyond correction of the title case where and when required, You would also need to pass all your corrections by the mods, and it would need to be in an easy to digest format that doesn’t take up too much of our time as we are incredibly busy. And if there is a contract, there has to be a clause stating what happens if you do wrong, some kind of penalty. Your reward would be the bettering of the forum.

Tired Office GIF - Tired Office Cubicle - Discover & Share GIFs | The  incredibles, Bored at work, Stages of writingImage Enlarger

Aren’t there like 2189734 topics?

Maybe someday. Maybe February. I’m far too busy at the moment, but if I ever have a few days with nothing planned– perhaps.

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

13 January 2021
3.43pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
5363sp_Permalink sp_Print

I like some weird titles. Like “Where is the love for the help” The mods changed that wonderful thing. So sad

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

13 January 2021
5.07pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5364sp_Permalink sp_Print

50yearslate said

meanmistermustard said

50yearslate said

Maybe someday. Maybe February. I’m far too busy at the moment, but if I ever have a few days with nothing planned– perhaps.

Thought you were bringing it up with the intent of wanting to see it fixed.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

13 January 2021
5.11pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5365sp_Permalink sp_Print

Starr Shine? said
I like some weird titles. Like “Where is the love for the help” The mods changed that wonderful thing. So sad

In the olden days there would be very long titles that was almost the entire first post or titles that gave no clue what the thread was about. 

Might as well post a nice album cover.

The Beatles Illustrated UK Discography: A Collection Of Beatles Oldies (But  Goldies) (10 December 1966) Parlophone PMC 7016Image Enlarger

Oh. And folk who don’t learn to multi-quote so there is no multiple posting is a real pet peeve. 

The Hole Got Fixed

13 January 2021
6.31pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
5366sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

50yearslate said

meanmistermustard said

50yearslate said

Thought you were bringing it up with the intent of wanting to see it fixed.

I mean, not really… that would be a gargantuan task. Hence the reason I posted in the Pet Peeves thread instead of the Getting Better section.

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

13 January 2021
6.47pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
5367sp_Permalink sp_Print

ASJ going to sleep

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

50yearslate, AppleScruffJunior, Getbackintheussr

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

13 January 2021
8.01pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
5368sp_Permalink sp_Print

I really hate when people present themselves in a frivolous manner. It’s important to keep up a respectable appearance.

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

Getbackintheussr

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

13 January 2021
10.55pm
Getbackintheussr
The Void
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1349
5369sp_Permalink sp_Print

I hate colors.

The following people thank Getbackintheussr for this post:

50yearslate

P E A C E  &  L O V E

Sunglasses-Emoji-PNG-Transparent-Background.pngstar-emoji-by-google.png1f549.png1f98f.pngbroccoli_1f966.pngdrum-with-drumsticks_1f941.pngmultiple-musical-notes_1f3b6.pngkisspng-emojipedia-whatsapp-peace-symbols-text-messaging-5af2ba93ab48a4.1265377915258569157016.jpgSparkling_Pink_Heart_Emoji_large.pngOctopus_Emoji_large.png262e.png

Without going out of my door, I can know all things on Earth...

~Signature.png~

14 January 2021
3.53am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583

Starr Shine? said
ASJ going to sleep

Awww you charmer you 😉

My pet peeve: Not getting the correct thing I ordered :'(

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

18 January 2021
4.46pm
William Shears Campbell
Somewhere In The Black Mountain Hills Of Utah
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3629
5371sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said

My pet peeve: Not getting the correct thing I ordered :'(

Then having the seller claim that what you received was what you ordered even though you can go to the listing and clearly see that it not the slightest bit true.

The following people thank William Shears Campbell for this post:

Vera Chuck and Dave, Ahhh Girl

Here | There | Everywhere

It's ya boi!  The one and only Billy Shears (AKA Paul's Replacement)

"Sometimes I wish I was just George Harrison" - John Lennon

26 February 2021
5.47am
Paul Prole
Melbourne.
The Star-Club
Members
Forum Posts: 69
5372sp_Permalink sp_Print

RedLennon said
When people say “The Beatles didn’t really do that much”, or something of that extent.  I think it just makes them sound dumb.  If they don’t like The Beatles, fine, whatever.  But to deny their work and influence is just plain idiotic.

There is a name for those people, ‘Beatle Haters’. They are the lowest form of human life. I don’t bother with them other than to say “No Beatles, no nothing” and walk off. 

The following people thank Paul Prole for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Vera Chuck and Dave

Unless Paul McCartney knocks on my door I am unlikely to be impressed.

8 April 2021
9.20am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5373sp_Permalink sp_Print

I get why (‘Love’) but Google displaying the lyrics to ‘Within You, Without You’ for ‘Tomorrow Never Knows ‘.

tmk-g.jpgImage Enlarger

And forgetting milk when I was getting messages.

The Hole Got Fixed

9 April 2021
4.53pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4470
5374sp_Permalink sp_Print

Everyone’s eagerness to reopen in spite of cases going up in many areas. Don’t get me wrong, i understand that you guys are sick of spending the last 13 months cooped up in your house but let’s wait until we see a large drop in cases before making plans to reopen, especially considering that ~45% of Americans are hesitant or unwilling to get vaccinated.

The following people thank Dark Overlord for this post:

Vera Chuck and Dave

If you're reading this, you are looking for something to do.

10 April 2021
7.14pm
Vera Chuck and Dave
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 598
5375sp_Permalink sp_Print

Dark Overlord said
Everyone’s eagerness to reopen in spite of cases going up in many areas. Don’t get me wrong, i understand that you guys are sick of spending the last 13 months cooped up in your house but let’s wait until we see a large drop in cases before making plans to reopen, especially considering that ~45% of Americans are hesitant or unwilling to get vaccinated.

the endless cycle of lockdown-reopen-cases go up-lockdown is getting so annoying

my province’s gov’t is not doing a very good job handling this (and ofc a good chunk of their voters think covid’s fake and that)

related: big pet peeve of mine is anyone who denies scientific fact like that

The following people thank Vera Chuck and Dave for this post:

WeepingAtlasCedars, Dark Overlord
10 April 2021
10.42pm
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5789

basically anybody who can’t be reasoned with because they deny all facts and logic and anybody who disagrees is one of their straw men who is perpetuating an evil conspiracy. How am I supposed to talk  about anything? Even sports or music can’t be discussed with these people

The following people thank sir walter raleigh for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Dark Overlord, Vera Chuck and Dave, QuarryMan

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

11 April 2021
1.21pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4470
5377sp_Permalink sp_Print

@sir walter raleigh I’ve been there, nothing sucks more than people who get pissed off when you point out facts that directly contradict their worldview or when they divert to “this hasn’t properly been done before” when you point out that something they support was tried multiple times and failed every single time.

I’m all for differing opinions but to quote Ben Shapiro (who’s a bit of a hypocrite on this issue NGL), facts don’t care about your feelings and if you want to have an honest discussion with anyone, prepare to be criticized and have opinions that can’t be debunked with just facts.

If you're reading this, you are looking for something to do.

28 April 2021
9.53am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22238
5378sp_Permalink sp_Print

I get 4 prescriptions monthly. All 4 could fit in one medicine bottle, but they give me 4 bottles. What a waste!

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed
1 May 2021
4.08am
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
5379sp_Permalink sp_Print

All the dumb errors on Spotify. Incorrect track names, albums being attributed to the wrong artist, artists having multiple pages with their discographies split across them: if you can think of it, it’s probably gone wrong somewhere. As a particularly bad example, for some reason Goddo has four pages, and one of them is called “Gobbo”! How do you even do that!?

So many things to report. I just want to listen to music. Makes my head spin. a-hard-days-night-ringo-13

The following people thank WeepingAtlasCedars for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

14 May 2021
5.34pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
5380sp_Permalink sp_Print

Inappropriate casting in television and film without any creative argument.

Don’t get me wrong, I have no objection to fictional characters having ethnicity or gender played with in adaptions for the screen. They are fictional characters, the playthings of creatives. When it comes to real historical figures however, you better have a damn good artistic reason to portray them differently to who they were.

That can happen. The film about Bob Dylan, I’m Not There, had Dylan portrayed by six different actors of different ages, races and gender. It was done that way to explore different aspects of his personality and the public perception of him. An artistic exploration of the subject which is legitimate.

But when you cast someone to play a historical figure who differs greatly from the historical figure without reason I object.

There is an upcoming drama series about Anne Boyleyn, second wife of King Henry VIII, on Channel 5 in the UK.

This is Anne Boyleyn:

Anne_boleyn.jpgImage Enlarger

And she is being played by Jodie Turner-Smith:

Anne-Boleyn-played-by-Jodie-Turner-Smith-5995-e1613056319873.jpgImage Enlarger

Now, call me un-PC if you want, but that is total insanity. It turns an historical figure into someone she wasn’t, with no hint that they exploring anything about the personality of Boyleyn by changing her ethnicity.

It just seems they wanted headlines by casting a black actor to play a white role.

I wonder what the reaction would be if someone were to do something with a white actor playing Martin Luther King, Jnr., Ray Charles, Little Richard, Chuck Berry, Barack Obama, or Nelson Mandela?

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Richard, Beatlebug, Jules

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
NJtoTX, seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22238, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694