Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Pet Peeves
28 May 2020
11.41pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
5301sp_Permalink sp_Print

Dark Overlord said
If they’re genuinely dependent on those royalties despite having a full time job, then i think the real problem is that the minimum wage is unlivable and needs to be raised, not that copyright should last as long as it does.

The minimum wage is a whole other issue. 

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

9 June 2020
1.26am
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
5302sp_Permalink sp_Print

My family had Netflix about a year or so ago, and I saw that the Living in the Material World documentary and The Last Waltz were both on there. Unfortunately, before I could get around to watching them, my brother stopped paying the bill, so we didn’t have it anymore.

But, fast forward to now, and lo and behold! We’ve got Netflix again! Ho ho! Finally! ahdn_john_08_gif

…And they’re no longer anywhere to be seen. paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif Well, at least Echo In The Canyon is on there, I guess…

The following people thank WeepingAtlasCedars for this post:

Beatlebug

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

22 July 2020
8.37pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4470
5303sp_Permalink sp_Print

Funeral For A Friend/Love Lies Bleeding. Don’t get me wrong, these 2 songs are great but the problem is that these 2 songs count as 1 track, meaning that if you want to listen to Love Lies Bleeding, you either have to listen to a 5 and a half minute instrumental before it or carefully fast forward to the correct spot.

The following people thank Dark Overlord for this post:

Beatlebug

If you're reading this, you are looking for something to do.

28 August 2020
7.04am
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
5304sp_Permalink sp_Print

The phrase “It’s the least I can do.”  No, the least you can do is nothing.  The least you can do is always nothing.

The following people thank Necko for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

28 August 2020
8.06am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
5305sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have one like that, @Necko – when people have been looking for something and say, “It was in the last place I looked.” Not like you’re gonna carry on looking after you’ve found what you were looking for.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

Necko, The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars, QuarryMan

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

30 August 2020
10.20pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
5306sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ron Nasty said
I have one like that, @Necko – when people have been looking for something and say, “It was in the last place I looked.” Not like you’re gonna carry on looking after you’ve found what you were looking for.  

But what if you were going to look in, say, 3 different places, and you found it in the last of those 3 places you looked?

Also, I’m pretty sure that’s the joke.

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

Little Piggy Dragonguy

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

30 August 2020
11.07pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
5307sp_Permalink sp_Print

People who are overly obsessed about the amount of food their children eat and continue to feed them when they clearly don’t want to. I was told by somebody that if their child didn’t eat enough, I should continue to feed her even while she is crying and telling me she’s done. I wouldn’t do this, so the mom did it instead and the baby ended up vomiting afterwards. I wonder why. 

The following people thank Little Piggy Dragonguy for this post:

Beatlebug, 50yearslate

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

31 August 2020
7.59pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
5308sp_Permalink sp_Print

^It’s like they’re trying to raise their kid to develop an eating disorder ahdn_george_01

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

QuarryMan

([{BRACKETS!}])
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png

1 September 2020
3.15pm
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3752
5309sp_Permalink sp_Print

Speaking of which, a pet peeve of mine is the UK Government’s* planned legislation which would mandate that cafés and restaurants put calorie counts next to each item on their menus. It’s going to be horrible for people with eating disorders; I wouldn’t be surprised if many stopped eating out altogether if it goes through.

In my opinion, the best thing you can do to combat obesity is to make purchasing healthy food cheaper and simpler to prepare. I can only speak from personal experience here, but the cases of obesity I’ve encountered in my life (and indeed, the periods during which my own habits have been least healthy) have mostly been due to fast food being simply far cheaper and more convenient for individuals and families who live busy lives and don’t have the money, time or education to buy and prepare properly healthy food. You can focus on dealing with these problems without torturing people with eating disorders. 

(* Not trying to turn this thread into a political quagmire, I feel that this is a reasonably non-partisan issue)

The following people thank QuarryMan for this post:

Beatlebug, The Hole Got Fixed

“While I will admit to a certain cynicism, the fact is that I’m a naysayer and hatchet man in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I’ll gladly take another - because I choose to live my life in the company of Ghandi and King. My concerns are global. I reject absolutely revenge, aggression and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love. I love you, Sheriff Truman.”

1 September 2020
10.21pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
5310sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beatlebug said
^It’s like they’re trying to raise their kid to develop an eating disorder ahdn_george_01

Well what’s gonna happen is that kid is gonna have a hard time knowing when she’s full because they’re not allowing her to listen to her body now and will probably continue to do that.

QuarryMan said
Speaking of which, a pet peeve of mine is the UK Government’s* planned legislation which would mandate that cafés and restaurants put calorie counts next to each item on their menus. It’s going to be horrible for people with eating disorders; I wouldn’t be surprised if many stopped eating out altogether if it goes through.

This is already a thing where I live. I don’t see an issue with it. People should know what they’re putting in their bodies, and lots of people like to know the amount of calories they consume (I personally couldn’t care less and never pay attention to them). I think having more information than just calories like fat content and vitamins would make more sense, though. 

I imagine it could cause issues with people who have eating disorders, but maybe it’s better for them to be exposed to calorie counts even if it makes them uncomfortable. Then they can learn how to cope with their feelings instead of avoiding them. They have calorie count on stuff you buy from the grocery store anyways, so it’s not like not putting calorie counts on menus will completely remove this trigger from their lives. 

In my opinion, the best thing you can do to combat obesity is to make purchasing healthy food cheaper and simpler to prepare. 

I always hear people saying that healthy food is more expensive, but I don’t really know about that. Rice, beans, lentils, and potatoes are hella cheap. They’re also super easy and fast to prepare as are pretty much all vegetables. Can cook them in like half an hour. If that’s too complicated, they also sell canned vegetables or frozen ones that you just put in the microwave. Also, if we take into account the many health problems eating garbage can cause, there’s absolutely no way that eating healthily could be more expensive. 

The following people thank Little Piggy Dragonguy for this post:

Beatlebug

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

11 September 2020
12.08pm
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
5311sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beatlebug said

Ron Nasty said

But what if you were going to look in, say, 3 different places, and you found it in the last of those 3 places you looked?

Well of course you would, because if you had found it in the first or second place, you wouldn’t have checked a third.

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

12 September 2020
2.36pm
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
5312sp_Permalink sp_Print

Six-second ads on YouTube.  Look, I don’t mind watching an ad, but I hate the little thing that says “Ad will end in six seconds.”  I’m human.  I want the satisfaction of pressing a button, dammit.

The following people thank Necko for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars, 50yearslate

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

12 September 2020
7.31pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
5313sp_Permalink sp_Print

Necko said
Six-second ads on YouTube.  Look, I don’t mind watching an ad, but I hate the little thing that says “Ad will end in six seconds.”  I’m human.  I want the satisfaction of pressing a button, dammit.

Following on from that…

When you get an ad but your internet dies and so it’s stuck with ‘Skip ad in 2 seconds’ for what seems like an eternity

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

Beatlebug

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

12 September 2020
9.01pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
5314sp_Permalink sp_Print

Necko said

hahahaha I’m glad I’m not the only one a-hard-days-night-john-6

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

13 September 2020
2.18am
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members

Necko said

Also, sometimes, getting an ad after a video ends.

*Lying down on my bed at night, just finishing listening to a nice relaxing song with my eyes closed, enjoying the peaceful ambiance* Ah, yes, how soothing. I think I’ll go to slee-THIS IS A TOMATO. THINK IT’S GOOD FOR YOU? THINK AGAIN.”

The following people thank WeepingAtlasCedars for this post:

Beatlebug, 50yearslate

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

13 September 2020
6.45am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2126
5316sp_Permalink sp_Print

When my phone battery drains quickly. 

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

13 September 2020
2.00pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
5317sp_Permalink sp_Print

WeepingAtlasCedars said

Necko said

*Lying down on my bed at night, just finishing listening to a nice relaxing song with my eyes closed, enjoying the peaceful ambiance* Ah, yes, how soothing. I think I’ll go to slee-THIS IS A TOMATO. THINK IT’S GOOD FOR YOU? THINK AGAIN.”  

HAHAHA YES

ye are all giving me flashbacks to my pre-YouTube Premium days ahdn_george_06a-hard-days-night-george-4

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

15 September 2020
7.30pm
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
5318sp_Permalink sp_Print

Necko said

it’s such a mean trick, i go to skip it and am rudely interrupted by the buttonless reality of short youtube ads

WeepingAtlasCedars said

Necko said

LMAO WHAT IS THAT AD FOR

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

Beatlebug

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

16 September 2020
1.52am
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
5319sp_Permalink sp_Print

50yearslate said

WeepingAtlasCedars said

LMAO WHAT IS THAT AD FOR

I’m not entirely certain as I believe it’s skippable before it says what it’s for, but my guess would be the guy in the ad is some kind of dietary “expert” (in quotes, because he could very well be a quack). It’s ridiculously long as well, I think just over 50 minutes?

16 September 2020
2.05am
Jolly Jimmy
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1047
5320sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am starting to see an overuse of the phrase “It is what it is” when shrugging off something a person does not like.

The following people thank Jolly Jimmy for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed

You are all my friends.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Filipe
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690