Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Pet Peeves
4 January 2020
10.08pm
lovelyritametermaid
You can meet me after heavy rain has fallen
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1445
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Normally I try to look to the positive but yeah I agree. 

To add on, I think of:

Gun violence (To name a few: Orlando nightclub massacre, Las Vegas Strip massacre, Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting, and Sandy Hook, as well as the Tree of Life synagogue shooting which really shook me up because it happened at the place where my good friend teaches Hebrew school every weekend in the city in which I live) 

#MeToo

Brexit

Smartphones

Millennials v. Baby Boomers

Vaping “epidemic” (which I predict will continue into the early 2020s) 

"....When I cannot sing my heart, I can only speak my mind...." 

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

5 January 2020
11.36am
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759

#MeToo is a pet peeve? Do you mean the hashtag or the movement?

edit: just noticed you did a Fiddy, hehe 

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

lovelyritametermaid

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

5 January 2020
12.08pm
lovelyritametermaid
You can meet me after heavy rain has fallen
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1445
5043sp_Permalink sp_Print

50yearslate said

edit: just noticed you did a Fiddy, hehe 

Oof I guess I did goof in doing that paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif

"....When I cannot sing my heart, I can only speak my mind...." 

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

5 January 2020
6.21pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4470
5044sp_Permalink sp_Print

50yearslate said

Honestly, i have mixed feelings about the movement. On one hand, it pointed out several rich people who sexually assaulted women (and men) but on the other, it makes it easier to falsely accuse someone of rape and ruin their life because while not directly stated, #metoo has a guitly until proven innocent vibe to it.

The following people thank Dark Overlord for this post:

Beatlebug, lovelyritametermaid, QuarryMan, WeepingAtlasCedars, William Shears Campbell

If you're reading this, you are looking for something to do.

5 January 2020
6.48pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
5045sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 I agree. At any rate, it’s certainly something this decade will be remembered by.

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

lovelyritametermaid

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

5 January 2020
10.56pm
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2129
5046sp_Permalink sp_Print

Big crowds and people smoking inside them.

The following people thank Timothy for this post:

Beatlebug, lovelyritametermaid, WeepingAtlasCedars

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

6 January 2020
6.45am
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3759
5047sp_Permalink sp_Print

Dark Overlord said

50yearslate said

Honestly, i have mixed feelings about the movement. On one hand, it pointed out several rich people who sexually assaulted women (and men) but on the other, it makes it easier to falsely accuse someone of rape and ruin their life because while not directly stated, #metoo has a guitly until proven innocent vibe to it.

True, but it is important to note that previous studies have shown the idea of an epidemic of false rape accusations ruining lives to be extremely exaggerated. From a 2005 British Home Office Study (the largest study ever conducted on this topic) – “out of 216 complaints that were classified as false, only 126 had even gotten to the stage where the accuser lodged a formal complaint. Only 39 complainants named a suspect. Only six cases led to an arrest, and only two led to charges being brought before they were ultimately deemed false” which means that out of the thousands of examples, only 1.5% were false and named a suspect. 

Still, while I believe this evidence is fairly conclusive, it’s not necessarily relevant to this as most #MeToo’s were directed at a specific person. Also, you’re definitely right that we should be cautious and file complaints through the proper legal avenues wherever possible. 

The following people thank QuarryMan for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, Dark Overlord, Dark Overlord, Dark Overlord

I've been up on the mountain, and I've seen his wondrous grace,
I've sat there on the barstool and I've looked him in the face.
He seemed a little haggard, but it did not slow him down,
he was humming to the neon of the universal sound. 

1 February 2020
4.00pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
5048sp_Permalink sp_Print

Search for a deluxe version of a CD on Amazon, fail to find it, settle for and buy the standard edition, days later do a random search on Google, find the deluxe version of the CD on Amazon, buy the deluxe edition of the CD.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

WeepingAtlasCedars, William Shears Campbell

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

2 February 2020
7.18pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
5049sp_Permalink sp_Print

Dumb updates. I updated my phone yesterday, and not only were there weird and pointless design choices implemented for things that were already fine the way they were before, but some things actually got more convoluted and difficult to use. I wish you had the option to chose what layout you wanted for each application, so you could just keep what works best for you.a-hard-days-night-ringo-13

The following people thank WeepingAtlasCedars for this post:

Ahhh Girl, lovelyritametermaid, 50yearslate

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

2 February 2020
8.19pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213
5050sp_Permalink sp_Print

WeepingAtlasCedars said
Dumb updates. I updated my phone yesterday, and not only were there weird and pointless design choices implemented for things that were already fine the way they were before, but some things actually got more convoluted and difficult to use. I wish you had the option to chose what layout you wanted for each application, so you could just keep what works best for you.a-hard-days-night-ringo-13

That, and when they come at the worst time.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

WeepingAtlasCedars
2 February 2020
9.30pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
5051sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

That, and when they come at the worst time.

Yes, that too. I once went to use my laptop, only to be greeted with an update that started as soon as it turned on. Didn’t even ask or let me know first. blue-meanie

The following people thank WeepingAtlasCedars for this post:

Ahhh Girl

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

3 February 2020
9.53am
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
5052sp_Permalink sp_Print

My phone has been asking for an update for about a year now. I guess eventually I’ll have to give in a-hard-days-night-paul-3

Another pet peeve: Yesterday ’s Super Bowl commercials. Quite disappointing this year. After halftime I stopped watching because they just weren’t worth sitting through the football for. 

Ahhh Girl

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

3 February 2020
1.05pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4470
5053sp_Permalink sp_Print

Recording with other people online. Regardless of whether you come to them or they come to you, it’s such a slow process that by the time they’re ready to record their part, you’ve pretty much recorded the entire album, including parts you had originally set aside for them. And it isn’t even like I’m recording a new song every day, there have been situations where I’ve spent months away from a project only to come back and find that nothing new has been recorded since my departure. Then there’s the problem of having time to fully figure out your parts. If the album’s being worked on at a fast pace, you’ll be more open about what to put in your song but after awhile, you start to have a better understanding of the song and close in on specific ideas and by about 6 months, you’ll know EXACTLY what you want and will be disgusted at any outside ideas.

But the worst part is that the only way to get people to do their part is by constantly checking in and if overdone, your bandmates will start to get really pissed off about it, especially if you try to pressure them with a deadline, which is something you should NEVER do online.

As for the Super Bowl, while I didn’t watch it, I was really saddened to hear that PETA’s commercial wasn’t allowed to air. While I strongly dislike PETA for a variety of reasons, I support their free speech just as I would anyone else’s and to see this family friendly ad get denied the right to air is very unfortunate.

The following people thank Dark Overlord for this post:

lovelyritametermaid

If you're reading this, you are looking for something to do.

3 February 2020
2.05pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213
5054sp_Permalink sp_Print

50yearslate said
My phone has been asking for an update for about a year now. I guess eventually I’ll have to give in a-hard-days-night-paul-3

Another pet peeve: Yesterday ’s Super Bowl commercials. Quite disappointing this year. After halftime I stopped watching because they just weren’t worth sitting through the football for. 

I know. I know. Did all of the advertising giants sack their best people? Those commercials were lame. I got ticked off that they imitated the Budweiser frogs for that masked singer show. Total desecration of a classic.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

50yearslate
4 February 2020
2.39am
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
5055sp_Permalink sp_Print

Our Superbowl coverage was from the BBC so it didn’t have any American ads, something I was quite disappointed about, but hearing this I guess that’s finemccartney-shrug_01_gif

4 February 2020
9.49am
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members

I watched a few that I missed on YouTube yesterday. A lot of celebrity cameos in otherwise underwhelming commercials. 

smAHt pAHkH!

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

4 February 2020
12.22pm
Teddy Salad
SL, UT
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1110

I thought the commercials were fine overall, nothing amazing but not the worst group I’ve ever seen.  And yes, smaht pahk! My parents were Southies.

But speaking of the Super Bowl pet peeves, how about that annoying and insensitive Tomahawk Chop?

Yes, I'm livin' in hope

nutopia.jpg     

We surrender, to peace and to love

4 February 2020
12.57pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
5058sp_Permalink sp_Print

Didn’t see it, don’t know what it is. I watched maybe two minutes of the actual sportsball part and tbh I wasn’t paying attention.

QuarryMan

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

4 February 2020
4.37pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950

QuarryMan said
Our Superbowl coverage was from the BBC so it didn’t have any American ads, something I was quite disappointed about, but hearing this I guess that’s finemccartney-shrug_01_gif

BBC never show the half-time adverts as they cannot promote or be seen to promote products in the UK.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

QuarryMan

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

5 February 2020
6.25am
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
5060sp_Permalink sp_Print

50yearslate said
Didn’t see it, don’t know what it is. I watched maybe two minutes of the actual sportsball part and tbh I wasn’t paying attention.

“Sportsball” had me wheezing a-hard-days-night-george-9

One of my housemates is on our university American Football team, so he convinced a few of us to go watch it live, and none of us had any idea what was going on a-hard-days-night-john-6We just cheered every time something happened and occasionally shouted random platitudes like “GO SPORTS!” 

The following people thank QuarryMan for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, 50yearslate, WeepingAtlasCedars

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5509
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691