Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Pet Peeves
5 February 2019
6.50am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4421sp_Permalink sp_Print

Timothy said
Being in social situations where everyone is talking to one another and I’m on my own, looking at the clock. Happened to me today. Makes me feel isolated and awkward, but also it makes me happy in a weird way. I like being a loner like that, and having that distance between people, being in my own world. Being social is draining and I need time to recharge. Which I’m doing now, listening to Anthology with the airconditioner on.

I hate that. I try and talk to a group of people when I can but if I see somebody on their own I always go up to them and say “how are you?” I know what it’s like to be that person in the corner, awkwardly looking around, and everybody else being too self-absorbed to pay and attention to you. 

A similar pet peeve is when people are in a circle talking, or something similar, and people who are so unaware are standing in a way that blocks people out of the circle. I always deliberately look behind me to see if there’s somebody not fitting-in properly in the circle, so they can join and feel a part of something.

It’s one of the worst feelings to feel like you’re deliberately being kept out of something. 

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

TheWalrusWasBrian, Beatlebug, 50yearslate, Ahhh Girl, The Hole Got Fixed

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

5 February 2019
7.14am
TheWalrusWasBrian
fell off the roof AAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2150
4422sp_Permalink sp_Print

Timothy said
Being in social situations where everyone is talking to one another and I’m on my own, looking at the clock. Happened to me today. Makes me feel isolated and awkward, but also it makes me happy in a weird way. I like being a loner like that, and having that distance between people, being in my own world. Being social is draining and I need time to recharge. Which I’m doing now, listening to Anthology with the airconditioner on.

I’m a total extrovert and this KILLS ME. I hate being alone in social situations, so i always try to put myself back in, then I feel like I’m being annoying…ahdn_paul_01

IMG_3978.PNG|badge1.png | I don’t know how to put it here. hello for the love of god hello 

~~~

The Concert for Bageldesh

~~~

Walrian here! Not Fiddy, or anyone else, actually.

5 February 2019
7.40am
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
4423sp_Permalink sp_Print

Meh, I just sit in the corner and play guitar/draw/watch people. I don’t mind it. a-hard-days-night-john-6

Unless there’s someone there I really want to talk to, and they’re busy with other people. Now that’s a pet peeve.

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

TheWalrusWasBrian, 50yearslate, Timothy

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

5 February 2019
9.52am
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
4424sp_Permalink sp_Print

TheWalrusWasBrian said

Timothy said

I’m a total extrovert and this KILLS ME. I hate being alone in social situations, so i always try to put myself back in, then I feel like I’m being annoying…ahdn_paul_01

Strangely enough, I’m an introvert (SUCH an introvert) but I feel the EXACT SAME WAY. 

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

TheWalrusWasBrian

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

5 February 2019
11.41am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213
4425sp_Permalink sp_Print

Like ASJ, I have a habit of trying to pull introverts out of their quite corner when I am at conferences, workshops, etc.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

TheWalrusWasBrian, 50yearslate
5 February 2019
1.35pm
TheWalrusWasBrian
fell off the roof AAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2150
4426sp_Permalink sp_Print

If I see someone who’s not busy I’ll just start a random conversation with them if I’m bored. I like people too much. 

The following people thank TheWalrusWasBrian for this post:

silverhammerYT

IMG_3978.PNG|badge1.png | I don’t know how to put it here. hello for the love of god hello 

~~~

The Concert for Bageldesh

~~~

Walrian here! Not Fiddy, or anyone else, actually.

5 February 2019
1.36pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8The world needs more people like you and AG and ASJ. john-lennon-salute_gif

AppleScruffJunior, Ahhh Girl, TheWalrusWasBrian, TheWalrusWasBrian

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

5 February 2019
2.46pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
4428sp_Permalink sp_Print

50yearslate said
a-hard-days-night-ringo-8The world needs more people like you and AG and ASJ. john-lennon-salute_gif

I just think it’s awful to have a room where there’s a group of talking to one another and one person is just left out. I sit across from people in the shared cafeteria as well and if they make any sign of wanting to talk I ask “so how’s your day been?/got any classes left?/I like your shirt” (even if I don’t). 

Lord knows I’ve had enough times in my life where I’ve felt alone in a crowded room (in particular when I was 14-15 I put up with a lot of bullshit from people that I would not tolerate today) and I try to help other people that might be in a similar situation. 

I think loneliness is the worst emotion you can feel, and the more you experience it, the more you get used to it and accept it as part of normal life- which you should never do.

Ahhh Girl, 50yearslate, TheWalrusWasBrian

5 February 2019
3.58pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
4429sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Gosh darn it, I only thanked that post once

Pet peeve: when you try to thank an especially amazing post multiple times and it doesn’t work so you worry that the writer of the post won’t feel as appreciated as they deserve to be.

AppleScruffJunior, Beatlebug

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

5 February 2019
8.39pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
4430sp_Permalink sp_Print

Y’all all be going on like being alone is a bad thing. Loneliness is bad, but being alone doesn’t always equal loneliness. I’m very fond of being alone from time to time. a-hard-days-night-paul-7

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Timothy, Von Bontee

([{BRACKETS!}])
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png

5 February 2019
9.42pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
4431sp_Permalink sp_Print

^well of course, I could not function in society without my alone time. 

Anyway, it’s probably time to re-rail: I hate my phone’s battery life. If I use it for five minutes, it’ll lose five percent. If I use it for a half hour, it’ll lose twenty percent. If I don’t use it at all, it still loses charge. I lost 5% while sending a single text message today. It’s terribly annoying.

Beatlebug, TheWalrusWasBrian

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

6 February 2019
4.04am
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
4432sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beatlebug said
Y’all all be going on like being alone is a bad thing. Loneliness is bad, but being alone doesn’t always equal loneliness. I’m very fond of being alone from time to time. a-hard-days-night-paul-7

I’m talking about in social settings, no-one wants to go to a party or be in a classroom and everyone else is talking to one another and leaving you out. 

I spend the vast majority of my time by myself or just hanging with people not talking but there are situations where no-one wants to be left by themselves. 

50yearslate, Ahhh Girl

6 February 2019
4.45am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2129
4433sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beatlebug said

It’s when I can relax the most.

The following people thank Timothy for this post:

50yearslate, Beatlebug

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

6 February 2019
12.56pm
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3759
4434sp_Permalink sp_Print

Being alone can definitely be relaxing, but I guess it depends on your personality type.

I've been up on the mountain, and I've seen his wondrous grace,
I've sat there on the barstool and I've looked him in the face.
He seemed a little haggard, but it did not slow him down,
he was humming to the neon of the universal sound. 

7 February 2019
1.48pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
4435sp_Permalink sp_Print

50yearslate said
The sound of people chewing. There is no noise that I despise more. I don’t know why it upsets me so much, but I hate it.

A related pet peeve: When people eat in class. *visibly shudders*

Beatlebug

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

7 February 2019
4.49pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
4436sp_Permalink sp_Print

Im on my own most of the time outside of work and have had to accept it. I have social anxieties, am deeply introverted and hate small talk to the point where I don’t get involved past the begruding early stages (or about 30 seconds). I try at times but it’s so dull and inconsequential.  Oddly tho, in deeper conversation I will tune in and communicate. I also won’t force conversations. I’d rather be silent and vanish or get on with whatever than talk without clear meaning and benefit. 

Basically I’m very difficult to understand and relate to and folk in general would rather not get involved. 

Im in a reflective mood tonight. 

Writing someone a letter (that thing where you write on paper, I was using a pen to do so, it’s one way people used to communicate). I don’t like a paragraph four pages in and it’s double-sided. Not sure if I should just keep it or re-write from page three. 

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Beatlebug, QuarryMan, Von Bontee

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

11 February 2019
5.12am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
4437sp_Permalink sp_Print

It used to be that if a bootleg appeared or song surfaced online and it noticeably sounded better or was longer/complete you had an upgrade. Nowadays it seems that every time anyone uploads any Beatles music to the net it’s labelled as an upgrade on the previous source – often as the top end is 3% improved if listened to on a £435k sound system thru £24k headphone and the bass is a millimetre clearer, all if you close your eyes and wish really hard.

Beatlebug, TheWalrusWasBrian, The Hole Got Fixed

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

11 February 2019
12.54pm
Billy Rhythm
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 953
4438sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
Nowadays it seems that every time anyone uploads any Beatles music to the net it’s labelled as an upgrade on the previous source – often as the top end is 3% improved if listened to on a £435k sound system thru £24k headphone and the bass is a millimetre clearer, all if you close your eyes and wish really hard.

this is how I feel about Apple trumpeting Giles Martin remixing Beatles’ albums…:-)

11 February 2019
2.08pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
4439sp_Permalink sp_Print

Folk who go swimming all to sit in the pool and chat with their mates and don’t swim. If you want to talk go to a bar, coffee shop, turkish barbers, I don’t care just not in a swimming pool – or in a cinema/theatre tho you don’t swim in there obviously.

Actually, there was a thing called ‘Pool Play‘ – 

With new text and scenes for 2017, Pool Play 2.0 takes place entirely in a swimming pool, and invites audiences to come sit at the edge of the pool with their feet in the water (yes! in the water!) to enjoy…

synchronized swimming, a race or two, penguins, songs, and an exploration of America’s long, joyful and complicated relationship with water, swimming, and pools.

Maybe that’s the next experience – go to your local pool and watch the latest Hollywood remake whilst doing 60 lengths and diving off the board from 20ft.

The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug

11 February 2019
2.34pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
4440sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
Folk who go swimming all to sit in the pool and chat with their mates and don’t swim. If you want to talk go to a bar, coffee shop, turkish barbers, I don’t care just not in a swimming pool – or in a cinema/theatre tho you don’t swim in there obviously. 

yes, thank you john-lennon-salute_gif

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5509
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691