Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Pet Peeves
27 December 2018
5.56pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Ron Nasty said
No, sorry, Beatlebug. He denies the evidence, and dismisses Paris and his own Government’s opinion because short-term, ie. the full possible term of his Presidency, it will not damage the economy. Of course, long term his refusal to deal with it will destroy the world his children and grandchildren inherit.

[And then he cited MSNBC, of course paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif]  

I’m not even going to get started. a-hard-days-night-paul-7 You can’t vote in our elections, anyway, so it doesn’t matter much. a-hard-days-night-john-6

@50yearslate said

Thank you for existing, Beatlebug . heart 

Awwww thanks @50yearslate I love you too a-hard-days-night-george-9heart

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

50yearslate

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

27 December 2018
7.13pm
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
4262sp_Permalink sp_Print

Literally a “pet” peeve: When my cat sits on my lap when I’m trying to use my computer.

He is forgiven though for his handsomeness. Call me shallow if you like, I don’t care, and as long as he’s not biting me I don’t mind where he sits.

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, QuarryMan, Ahhh Girl, WeepingAtlasCedars, SgtPeppersBulldog

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

29 December 2018
10.21pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
4263sp_Permalink sp_Print

@AppleScruffJunior said

I think the last time I played Sims was about 8 years ago, I had Sims 2 Pets on Gameboy (I wonder have the young wans on this forum ever seen a Gameboy before?) and Sims 2 on Nintendo DS. 

Seen one!? I have two. A Gameboy Color in grape and a Gameboy Advance in indigo.a-hard-days-night-george-10

@The Hole Got Fixed said

I got the same reaction wearing a pair of pink pants. It’s literally how light refracts off different pigments – something to bully about I should think not!

Coincidentally, I once had no clue what to write as a short story for an exam, and so wrote one where you were teased by someone because you were wearing a pink shirt…. a-hard-days-night-ringo-12

A recently-found pet peeve, also on the topic of cats: When they won’t stop messing around with stuff. We’re babysitting one and she won’t stop trying to eat our plants, playing with Christmas baubles, etc etc.ahdn_paul_01

The following people thank WeepingAtlasCedars for this post:

50yearslate, The Hole Got Fixed, SgtPeppersBulldog, Beatlebug

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

29 December 2018
10.30pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
4264sp_Permalink sp_Print

WeepingAtlasCedars said

@AppleScruffJunior said

I think the last time I played Sims was about 8 years ago, I had Sims 2 Pets on Gameboy (I wonder have the young wans on this forum ever seen a Gameboy before?) and Sims 2 on Nintendo DS. 

Seen one!? I have two. A Gameboy Color in grape and a Gameboy Advance in indigo.a-hard-days-night-george-10

@The Hole Got Fixed said

I got the same reaction wearing a pair of pink pants. It’s literally how light refracts off different pigments – something to bully about I should think not!

Coincidentally, I once had no clue what to write as a short story for an exam, and so wrote one where you were teased by someone because you were wearing a pink shirt…. a-hard-days-night-ringo-12

A recently-found pet peeve, also on the topic of cats: When they won’t stop messing around with stuff. We’re babysitting one and she won’t stop trying to eat our plants, playing with Christmas baubles, etc etc.ahdn_paul_01  

Oh my gosh yes. About a week ago my mom was trying to wrap Chrimble presents, and my cat sat on top of the paper and shredded it. He’s trying to eat the Christmas tree right now paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif

WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

30 December 2018
12.53am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
4265sp_Permalink sp_Print

IMG_2592.PNGImage Enlarger

I’m 2 people’s pet peeve… I’ve done well!

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, Ahhh Girl, WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

30 December 2018
4.05am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
4266sp_Permalink sp_Print

So am I 😀

Y’all need to learn to remove the @when quoting posts.

^Hey this counts as a pet peeve.

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

30 December 2018
10.26am
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
4267sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
So am I 😀

Y’all need to learn to remove the @when quoting posts.

^Hey this counts as a pet peeve.  

The Hole Got Fixed said
IMG_2592.PNGImage Enlarger

I’m 2 people’s pet peeve… I’ve done well!  

Oops sorry! Lesson learned. paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif

AppleScruffJunior, Beatlebug

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

30 December 2018
4.10pm
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3759
4268sp_Permalink sp_Print

A pet peeve of mine: I work in a cinema, and we often get people asking “what time does this film ACTUALLY start” meaning after the trailers and advertisements and such, which typically go on for about 15 minutes. So I tell them the time, let’s say 8:15 but starting at 8:30 for example, and they show up bang on 8:30. Then they spend 15 minutes in a queue of like minded people getting tickets and food/drink, before walking into the film late, disturbing everyone else and missing the first 15 minutes of the film. And THEN they come out at the end and complain that they missed the beginning. paul-mccartneypaul-mccartney-facepalm_gif I’ve learnt to give them a warning about it when they initially ask the question, but they never listen. 

Sorry if this didn’t make any sense, I just got back from work (where this happened several times) and wanted to vent my frustration about it.

The following people thank QuarryMan for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, SgtPeppersBulldog, Ahhh Girl, WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug

I've been up on the mountain, and I've seen his wondrous grace,
I've sat there on the barstool and I've looked him in the face.
He seemed a little haggard, but it did not slow him down,
he was humming to the neon of the universal sound. 

30 December 2018
9.42pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22212
4269sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ I’m a get-to-the-movies-early kind of person. Yay! I’m not your pet peeve. ahdn_george_06

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

50yearslate, QuarryMan, WeepingAtlasCedars
30 December 2018
11.05pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
4270sp_Permalink sp_Print

When customers at my work just get finished yelling at me about something I have no control over (their coupon’s expired, they’re trying to return items that aren’t from the store I work at, etc) and then they say “I know it’s not your fault”. Like okay, great, so then whY WERE YOU YELLING AT ME?

The following people thank Little Piggy Dragonguy for this post:

50yearslate, QuarryMan, WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

31 December 2018
12.21am
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5448
4271sp_Permalink sp_Print

50yearslate said
About the rap: as a high school student I relate. It’s an epidemic. My friends and I call it crap music instead of rap music– which is still inaccurate, because sorry, but rap doesn’t count as music.

About the keyboard: Wanna trade? a-hard-days-night-george-10

About the purple: Obviously those boys have no idea what they are talking about. Purple is a truly magnificent color, and George would be proud of you for wearing it. I know I am. Don’t take anything those idiots say seriously: their comments don’t change who you are unless you let them. Stay strong! (Also, see the above conversation about gender stereotypes. a-hard-days-night-george-10)

And to stay on topic: I find it highly irritating that the Beatlemojis don’t exist outside the forum. I need a Winking George Emoji!  

Purple is a fantastic colour and the absolute best rap music ranks with any of my favourite musics!

And yes, I would welcome a BB Smiley Collection in every Web forum!

Here’s a peeve: incessant sleigh bells in every television commercial from November 1 thru January feckin’ 10th or thereabouts…blue-meanie

The following people thank Von Bontee for this post:

WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

31 December 2018
5.03am
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
4272sp_Permalink sp_Print

50yearslate said
About the rap: as a high school student I relate. It’s an epidemic. My friends and I call it crap music instead of rap music– which is still inaccurate, because sorry, but rap doesn’t count as music.

Oh come on, of course it counts as music! That just seems like a lazy argument to me. Definitions of music vary greatly, but considering that harsh noise and free jazz are counted as music by many, rap and hip-hop music certainly comes under any usable definition. 

Seriously though, you’re really missing out if you never get into any rap music. The genre certainly has a lot of (c)rap, sure, but then again so does rock, or folk, or jazz, or any other genre. 

Here are some hip hop songs which, in my opinion, go against the often worst elements of rap music: thoughtlessness, aggression, glorification of violence/crime/whatever. Some of which, like Hey Mama, have a really sweet message. 

Von Bontee, WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug

31 December 2018
9.26am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
4273sp_Permalink sp_Print

QuarryMan said
A pet peeve of mine: I work in a cinema, and we often get people asking “what time does this film ACTUALLY start” meaning after the trailers and advertisements and such, which typically go on for about 15 minutes. So I tell them the time, let’s say 8:15 but starting at 8:30 for example, and they show up bang on 8:30. Then they spend 15 minutes in a queue of like minded people getting tickets and food/drink, before walking into the film late, disturbing everyone else and missing the first 15 minutes of the film. And THEN they come out at the end and complain that they missed the beginning. paul-mccartneypaul-mccartney-facepalm_gif I’ve learnt to give them a warning about it when they initially ask the question, but they never listen. 

Sorry if this didn’t make any sense, I just got back from work (where this happened several times) and wanted to vent my frustration about it.  

You can’t even use the emoji here on another site since all images uploaded here don’t display anywhere else.

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

31 December 2018
11.35am
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
4274sp_Permalink sp_Print

Starr Shine? said

You can’t even use the emoji here on another site since all images uploaded here don’t display anywhere else.  

Believe me I’ve tried, it just spells out the name of the emoji. paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif

Ahhh Girl said
^ I’m a get-to-the-movies-early kind of person. Yay! I’m not your pet peeve. ahdn_george_06  

Same here! I am an obsessively punctual person. It’s genetic.

Von Bontee said
Here’s a peeve: incessant sleigh bells in every television commercial from November 1 thru January feckin’ 10th or thereabouts…blue-meanie  

YES. Everyone will probably hate me for saying this, but I don’t really like Christmas music. For eleven months of the year, you never ever hear it, then on the first of December the epidemic starts and NO ONE EVER PLAYS ANYTHING ELSE EVER. It’s like a full month of the same ten to twenty songs being played OVER and OVER and OVER. 

Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

31 December 2018
11.36am
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
4275sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

The cinema industry needs more people like you, AG a-hard-days-night-john-6

Little Piggy Dragonguy said
When customers at my work just get finished yelling at me about something I have no control over (their coupon’s expired, they’re trying to return items that aren’t from the store I work at, etc) and then they say “I know it’s not your fault”. Like okay, great, so then whY WERE YOU YELLING AT ME?  

I also hate it when they do this with prices, as if the poor cashier sets them.

50yearslate, Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug

31 December 2018
11.56am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
4276sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Starr Shine? said

@50yearslate said
Believe me I’ve tried, it just spells out the name of the emoji.paul-mccartney-facepalm.gif

You can, just save the image and use it anywhere…

ahdn_john_08.gif

(Both smileys used here uploaded from my BB Smileys folder…)

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

50yearslate, Beatlebug

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

31 December 2018
12.58pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
4277sp_Permalink sp_Print

You’d have to upload it somewhere else though since you can’t share images uploaded here to other places.

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

31 December 2018
1.07pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
4278sp_Permalink sp_Print

That’s what I was saying, @Starr Shine?, I have them downloaded as images and so can upload them to (virtually) any post I make anywhere.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

31 December 2018
6.45pm
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2129

When I order something and the portion size is too bloody big, which means I feel bad for not finishing it all. 

The following people thank Timothy for this post:

50yearslate, WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

1 January 2019
2.03pm
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
4280sp_Permalink sp_Print

Unnecessary packaging bugs me too, particularly when it’s plastic.

The Hole Got Fixed, 50yearslate, WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5510
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22212, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691