Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Pet Peeves
No permission to create posts
3 July 2018
9.52am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 21763
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4181sp_Permalink sp_Print

Timothy said
When I think about something and then get cold feet. Taking the plunge can be hard.  

It is. Whatever you do, make sure you have no regrets looking back - and that what you do is legal. Even if it goes wrong or not how you wanted/expected at least be able to say you took the chance. It's not much comfort but it is some.

All the best with whatever it is.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Timothy, Beatlebug

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris) 

"Don't make your love suffer insecurities; Trade the baggage of 'self' to set another one free" ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)

4 July 2018
12.49am
Timothy
Nutopia
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 310
4182sp_Permalink sp_Print

Here's another one: holding onto an umbrella in the wind.

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

4 July 2018
10.56am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 16591
4183sp_Permalink sp_Print

Timothy said
Here's another one: holding onto an umbrella in the wind.  

Quadruple that in this Oklahoma wind!

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Timothy, Beatlebug
19 August 2018
1.58am
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2122
4184sp_Permalink sp_Print

Two recent ones of mine, that I'm not sure if anyone will even relate to:

- So, Nintendo has this Virtual Console thing where you can buy digital downloads of old games from the Game Boy, NES, SNES, etc. etc. from the Nintendo eShop. I've been highly interested in playing Earthbound for a while now, and it's available as part of this whole thing, so that's bloody fantastic, right? No, actually. I have an old Nintendo 3DS. Earthbound and other SNES titles are only available for download on the NEW Nintendo 3DS (or 2DS). So, with that, now my choices are:

a) Spend nearly a hundred dollars on an SNES mini classic edition (which is also more or less impossible to add any more games to other than the ones that are already installed on it) that I really don't want to buy;

b) Spend probably hundreds of dollars (and plenty of time trying to even find) an original operational SNES console in good enough shape and an original operational Earthbound cartridge in good enough shape, again something I'm not so keen on doing because of the hassle and the fact that I'd pretty much be buying an entirely different console for only one game;

c) Spend more than a hundred dollars on a New Nintendo 3DS (or 2DS) and then download it (but feck that, my old 3DS is still practically new and 100% operational), or;

d) See if the Nintendo Switch has Virtual Console and SNES game compatibility, and then spend hundreds of dollars buying one.

I might just go with the Switch. At least I can get Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and a couple other games. But, either way, I'm still broke, and I'm still going to make myself even broker by having to spend a ton of money for a game, as opposed to spending only about $15 on it for my current console, which is what I was originally planning to do... paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif

- When people say that they look forward to doing something in the near future, and when that time comes around, say that they don't want to do it because it'd be no good. I had someone do this to me a couple days ago. What do you mean?! It hasn't even been a month since you said you'd be interested!?paul-mccartney

MISTAAAAAAAAH MOOOONLIIIIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all I'm living for, your love and nothing more. And that is all.

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

19 August 2018
11.24am
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 12343
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online
4185sp_Permalink sp_Print

WeepingAtlasCedars said

- When people say that they look forward to doing something in the near future, and when that time comes around, say that they don't want to do it because it'd be no good. I had someone do this to me a couple days ago. What do you mean?! It hasn't even been a month since you said you'd be interested!?paul-mccartney  

paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif
I just can't stand that kind of behaviour. People who do that frequently tend to fade out of my life.

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

WeepingAtlasCedars, Saltie

Listen to the music playing in your head
Silly-Girl-2016.png
Silly-Girl-2017.png
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here

19 August 2018
5.05pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 15278
4186sp_Permalink sp_Print

I'm sure you could emulate it.

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

21 August 2018
12.18am
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2122
4187sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beatlebug said
paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif
I just can't stand that kind of behaviour. People who do that frequently tend to fade out of my life.  

paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif indeed. Now I've got to somehow figure out what to do nextblue-meanie

Starr Shine? said
I'm sure you could emulate it.  

I mean, I'm sure it's possible, but the problem is that I'm no good with that kind of thing. My computer isn't the best for gaming regardless. ahdn_paul_01

MISTAAAAAAAAH MOOOONLIIIIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all I'm living for, your love and nothing more. And that is all.

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Beatlebug, The Hole Got Fixed
1 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Starr Shine?: 15278

Beatlebug: 12343

Ron Nasty: 8203

Necko: 7775