Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Pet Peeves
3 July 2018
9.52am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4181sp_Permalink sp_Print

Timothy said
When I think about something and then get cold feet. Taking the plunge can be hard.  

It is. Whatever you do, make sure you have no regrets looking back – and that what you do is legal. Even if it goes wrong or not how you wanted/expected at least be able to say you took the chance. It’s not much comfort but it is some.

All the best with whatever it is.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Timothy, Beatlebug

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

4 July 2018
12.49am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2143
4182sp_Permalink sp_Print

Here’s another one: holding onto an umbrella in the wind.

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

4 July 2018
10.56am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
4183sp_Permalink sp_Print

Timothy said
Here’s another one: holding onto an umbrella in the wind.  

Quadruple that in this Oklahoma wind!

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Timothy, Beatlebug
19 August 2018
1.58am
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
4184sp_Permalink sp_Print

Two recent ones of mine, that I’m not sure if anyone will even relate to:

– So, Nintendo has this Virtual Console thing where you can buy digital downloads of old games from the Game Boy, NES, SNES, etc. etc. from the Nintendo eShop. I’ve been highly interested in playing Earthbound for a while now, and it’s available as part of this whole thing, so that’s bloody fantastic, right? No, actually. I have an old Nintendo 3DS. Earthbound and other SNES titles are only available for download on the NEW Nintendo 3DS (or 2DS). So, with that, now my choices are:

a) Spend nearly a hundred dollars on an SNES mini classic edition (which is also more or less impossible to add any more games to other than the ones that are already installed on it) that I really don’t want to buy;

b) Spend probably hundreds of dollars (and plenty of time trying to even find) an original operational SNES console in good enough shape and an original operational Earthbound cartridge in good enough shape, again something I’m not so keen on doing because of the hassle and the fact that I’d pretty much be buying an entirely different console for only one game;

c) Spend more than a hundred dollars on a New Nintendo 3DS (or 2DS) and then download it (but feck that, my old 3DS is still practically new and 100% operational), or;

d) See if the Nintendo Switch has Virtual Console and SNES game compatibility, and then spend hundreds of dollars buying one.

I might just go with the Switch. At least I can get Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and a couple other games. But, either way, I’m still broke, and I’m still going to make myself even broker by having to spend a ton of money for a game, as opposed to spending only about $15 on it for my current console, which is what I was originally planning to do… paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif

– When people say that they look forward to doing something in the near future, and when that time comes around, say that they don’t want to do it because it’d be no good. I had someone do this to me a couple days ago. What do you mean?! It hasn’t even been a month since you said you’d be interested!?paul-mccartney

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

19 August 2018
11.24am
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
4185sp_Permalink sp_Print

WeepingAtlasCedars said

– When people say that they look forward to doing something in the near future, and when that time comes around, say that they don’t want to do it because it’d be no good. I had someone do this to me a couple days ago. What do you mean?! It hasn’t even been a month since you said you’d be interested!?paul-mccartney  

paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif
I just can’t stand that kind of behaviour. People who do that frequently tend to fade out of my life.

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

WeepingAtlasCedars, Saltie

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

19 August 2018
5.05pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
4186sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m sure you could emulate it.

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

21 August 2018
12.18am
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
4187sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beatlebug said
paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif
I just can’t stand that kind of behaviour. People who do that frequently tend to fade out of my life.  

paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif indeed. Now I’ve got to somehow figure out what to do nextblue-meanie

Starr Shine? said
I’m sure you could emulate it.  

I mean, I’m sure it’s possible, but the problem is that I’m no good with that kind of thing. My computer isn’t the best for gaming regardless. ahdn_paul_01

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

10 October 2018
9.25pm
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043

Now that I work in the tech industry, this one bothers me more than it used to.

When people write aux cables like aux is an initialism.  Aux is an abbreviation for auxiliary.  It’s not AUX or A.U.X.

The following people thank Necko for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Ahhh Girl, WeepingAtlasCedars

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

27 October 2018
1.35pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4470
4189sp_Permalink sp_Print

Anti smoking ads. Tobacco isn’t allowed to advertise on TV at all yet there are so many anti smoking ads, so it’s an unfair fight. Yes, smoking is unhealthy if you do a pack a day but a pack a year isn’t going to kill you and it’s safer than alcohol since it doesn’t put you in an altered state that can put you at risk. Also, those anti smoking ads may make people want to smoke, since it brings up the thought of smoking and also because of reverse psychology.

If you're reading this, you are looking for something to do.

28 October 2018
4.16am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2143
4190sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sitting directly opposite people on a packed bus or train, not wanting to look people directly in the eye, and not knowing where to look. So awkward, especially when your journey is going to take a while. 

The following people thank Timothy for this post:

50yearslate

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

29 October 2018
11.28am
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
4191sp_Permalink sp_Print

When people say ‘I don’t know about that’ as a passive way to disagree, instead of just disagreeing outright (and, maybe, explaining why). I probably used to do that, myself, but it is not at all conducive to productive discussion, and it means that when I say ‘I don’t know about that’ and I actually mean ‘I do not have enough information on that topic to formulate an opinion, so I will refrain from commenting’ it can be misread.

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

29 October 2018
12.26pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
4192sp_Permalink sp_Print

That’s interesting, I’ve never noticed that. Usually when i have a conversation with someone and we disagree, i have no problem saying that i disagree and explaining why and typically the other person is the same way although there’s the occasional “let’s talk about something else” but i don’t remember someone saying I don’t know about that to avoid disagreeing with me.

29 October 2018
12.52pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4193sp_Permalink sp_Print

I wonder if that’s a Southern thing.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Beatlebug
29 October 2018
3.27pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
4194sp_Permalink sp_Print

It’s not just a Southern thing. It’s very common down here. 

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

31 October 2018
10.36am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4195sp_Permalink sp_Print

courses.PNGImage Enlarger

Having to scroll through this tiny box to get to the discipline I need. There are 95 entries in that stupid little box. The nincompoop who designed that box needs to have his head examined.

5 November 2018
6.56pm
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
4196sp_Permalink sp_Print

Here’s something that really angers me.

When someone who is not an A-list celebrity dies and someone in the comment section always comments “Who?.”  They’re not doing it to be educated. It’s easy enough to click on the article or search Wikipedia.  They’re doing it purely to be a jerk. I hate those people.

The following people thank Necko for this post:

Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

6 November 2018
2.18pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583

This is a wonderfully specific one, but, these guys:

Image result for sand dog street artImage Enlarger

They are in every city I’ve been to but for those of you who don’t know:

-Guy has sand 

-Guy has water

-Guy puts water on sand

-Guy puts wet sand in a mould of a dog (as pictured above)

-Perfectly sculpted sand dog on street

-Guy spends hours “perfecting” the dog by having a tiny little knife and pretending to do little incisions and everything to make the dog look perfect.

-Gullible people give guy money because they think he has created the dog sculpture himself.

Now I have seen this in dozens of places, it’s always the same sculpture (either the dog above, or a pig lying down with its piglets suckling from it). It is always fully formed, you never see the guy actually make the sculpture because he doesn’t, it’s a con. He’s a fraudster and today I saw an elderly woman give one of these con men some money and I was actually angry about it. There’s no skill that goes into this and they are blatantly deceiving people.

I hope she didn’t give him more than a euro :/ 

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

12 November 2018
7.36am
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
4198sp_Permalink sp_Print

These new Beatles mixes. It’s hard enough having both dedicated mono and stereo mixes of all but 2 of their albums (3 if you count Yellow Submarine , which wasn’t released as a dedicated mono mix but all of The Beatles songs have one) but now we have a 3rd mix for every Beatles album released between 1965 and 1968. This is especially painful for a completionist as although you only have to listen to 14 albums to complete the canon, you have to listen to 31 different mixes to have listened to all of the official mixes of the canon albums.

13 November 2018
3.40am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
4199sp_Permalink sp_Print

Dark Overlord said
These new Beatles mixes. It’s hard enough having both dedicated mono and stereo mixes of all but 2 of their albums (3 if you count Yellow Submarine , which wasn’t released as a dedicated mono mix but all of The Beatles songs have one) but now we have a 3rd mix for every Beatles album released between 1965 and 1968. This is especially painful for a completionist as although you only have to listen to 14 albums to complete the canon, you have to listen to 31 different mixes to have listened to all of the official mixes of the canon albums.  

If you are a completist then there are other tracks officially remixed by Apple that would need to be listened to, albeit not released on cd. ‘Pepper’ and ‘Rubber Soul ‘ both were remixed in full for ‘Rock Band’.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

15 November 2018
12.30pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
4200sp_Permalink sp_Print

When Sims 4 updates and one of the many mods (3211) you’ve installed on the game creates a conflict, turning the terrain from…

Sims-4-1.jpgImage Enlarger

to…

Sims-4-2.jpgImage Enlarger

Over twelve hours of exiting the game, removing a bunch of the mods you’ve installed, restarting the game, seeing if that’s corrected the problem, finding it hasn’t, exiting the game, putting back the mods that aren’t responsible for conflict, removing another bunch of mods to see if the problem is among them, restarting the game, seeing if that’s corrected the problem, finding it hasn’t… on and on for hours on end, until you finally find the pesky problem mod at around half-four in the morning…

And there’s an expansion pack landing tomorrow, which I pray doesn’t throw up another conflict with a mod that’ll take more hours on end to track down.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

WeepingAtlasCedars

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Richard
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5518
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694