Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Pet Peeves
2 April 2017
5.23pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3561sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Dark Overlord, the answer to your question is that quite simply, not as many men want that job as women. Likewise, more men want to be garbage collectors than women. It’s elementary. 

Get it? Elementary? Elementary school?

paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif

I apologise. That was awful. 

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

Dark Overlord, WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

6 April 2017
1.04pm
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
3562sp_Permalink sp_Print

The phrase “It’s like [x] on steroids.” It was offbeat and funny to say once. That “once” was many, many, many years ago. It’s long past the point of done to death now.

The following people thank Necko for this post:

Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

6 April 2017
1.11pm
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5012
3563sp_Permalink sp_Print

Necko said
The phrase “It’s like [x] on steroids.” It was offbeat and funny to say once. That “once” was many, many, many years ago. It’s long past the point of done to death now.  

I laugh every time I hear that phrase as if I were hearing it for the first time. 

"If you're ever in the shit, grab my tit.” —Paul McCartney 

6 April 2017
1.46pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4470
3564sp_Permalink sp_Print

I really hate the idea of a divorce. Don’t get me wrong, divorces aren’t always bad. For example, if you’re husband raped and murdered your 4 year old daughter, you should really divorce him, but divorces are so common in the US that more than half of all marriages end in it and it can be over the slightest thing, like arguing or not getting along, like as if you can’t make things up. The person we can all thank for the popularization or divorce is none other than the sexist and corrupt Henry VIII who killed every wife he had that bore a daughter instead of a son, not a hero if you ask me. What especially pisses me off about divorce is that the law often requires children to have a way to see both parents, which shouldn’t be the case. Marriage is the eternal bonding of 2 people, typically a male and a female, with god. This is how I believe a divorce should happen. First, you have a trial with a priest and a couple of other members of the church who vote on the situation. Next, the reason to divorce should only be very extreme, such as your husband raping your child or trying to kill you. After that, the jury gives you some choices, either they reject your divorce, make both of you go to marriage counseling, grant your divorce but prevent you from marrying again, or they give you your divorce and allow you to remarry.

If you're reading this, you are looking for something to do.

6 April 2017
3.04pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
3565sp_Permalink sp_Print

I really hate the idea of being forced to stick in an abusive relationship. Or in a relationship that you want to leave no matter the reason.

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

6 April 2017
6.34pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534

@Dark Overlord said
I really hate the idea of a divorce. Don’t get me wrong, divorces aren’t always bad. For example, if you’re husband raped and murdered your 4 year old daughter, you should really divorce him, but divorces are so common in the US that more than half of all marriages end in it and it can be over the slightest thing, like arguing or not getting along, like as if you can’t make things up. The person we can all thank for the popularization or divorce is none other than the sexist and corrupt Henry VIII who killed every wife he had that bore a daughter instead of a son, not a hero if you ask me. What especially pisses me off about divorce is that the law often requires children to have a way to see both parents, which shouldn’t be the case. Marriage is the eternal bonding of 2 people, typically a male and a female, with god. This is how I believe a divorce should happen. First, you have a trial with a priest and a couple of other members of the church who vote on the situation. Next, the reason to divorce should only be very extreme, such as your husband raping your child or trying to kill you. After that, the jury gives you some choices, either they reject your divorce, make both of you go to marriage counseling, grant your divorce but prevent you from marrying again, or they give you your divorce and allow you to remarry.  

People who believe their religion should decide what is right or wrong for my life.

Marriage is a civil legal procedure, often not involving any religious element, and you want your church to have a legal say on my relationships?

Interesting that you want to bin the First Amendment though. Bet you’d be jumping up and down in fury if I suggested tighter controls on the exercise of the Second.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

limitlessundyinglove, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

6 April 2017
6.56pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
3567sp_Permalink sp_Print

Marriage is a very religious thing, why else would people marry because if you aren’t a devout Christian, you can have sex and children and do all of the other married couple stuff without marrying, which I believe that most people should not marry because of this.

6 April 2017
7.07pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
3568sp_Permalink sp_Print

Because , at least where I am, it financially benefits you in later life if you marry.

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

6 April 2017
7.10pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
3569sp_Permalink sp_Print

Other religons have marriages.

Taxes are different when married.

Marrage became secular.

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

Beatlebug

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

6 April 2017
7.10pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
3570sp_Permalink sp_Print

Got to think of a pet peeve everyone agrees with and I think I have an idea.

Rod Stewart’s singing, Rod Stewart sucks at singing and although he has a couple of good songs out there like Maggie May, those songs are ruined by his awful voice.

6 April 2017
7.15pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

Dark Overlord said
Marriage is a very religious thing, why else would people marry because if you aren’t a devout Christian, you can have sex and children and do all of the other married couple stuff without marrying, which I believe that most people should not marry because of this.  

How about if you’re a Muslim, a Buddhist, a Hindi… as I said, imposing your religion on people of other faiths or no faith…

One of the major reasons people marry (other than the obvious “being in love” and wanting to make a public commitment) is that it provides a set of legal rights unavailable to those who aren’t married – eg. a married couple is taxed differently to a cohabiting couple.

Ripping up the First Amendment to create an America based on your religious views, I shudder at the thought…

Sorry!

john-lennon-salute_gif

EDIT: Love Rod’s voice!

Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars, Pablo Ramon

The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

6 April 2017
7.44pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
3572sp_Permalink sp_Print

First of all, what does marriage and divorce have to do with the first amendment and even if it does have something to do with it, there are exceptions to our freedom of speech. For example, I can’t go into an airport and yell bomb and there’s a good reason for that, if we truly had freedom of expression, you could walk into Burger King and see a naked guy burning an American flag while chanting heil Hitler or you could be walking down the street and see a naked 65 year old asking 14 year old girls if they want to come to his house while he’s putting bombs in other people’s mailboxes to express how fed up he is with the post office or even worse, you could go into a store and hear someone say that they don’t like The Beatles, there’s a reason why freedom of expression can be bad and I think divorce shouldn’t be allowed except in extreme circumstances, if you want to divorce, you shouldn’t’ve put a ring on it.

Second of all, are you sure you know who Rod Stewart is because I can’t believe someone would actually think he has a good voice, he sounds piss poor, like he smoked a whole carton of cigars and choked on a ham sandwich.

6 April 2017
8.01pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
3573sp_Permalink sp_Print

Burning the flag is legal.

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

Dark Overlord, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

6 April 2017
8.06pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3574sp_Permalink sp_Print

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion…”

The very first line of the First Amendment, @Dark Overlord. By giving your church a legal say on divorce, you would be creating an established religion…

6 April 2017
10.32pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
3575sp_Permalink sp_Print

Dark Overlord said
<snip> or even worse, you could go into a store and hear someone say that they don’t like The Beatles, <snip>

Now THAT is a crime against humanity.

aus-flag-v-small.png

7 April 2017
10.36am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
3576sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior From 17th March said

As you can see it’s 4:15pm and…..my first person hasn’t come, no text, nothing. Ffs don’t assume I want have classes on, I told you I’d see you next week and now I’ve driven home for nothing and I won’t have another person until 7pm grrrrrrr.  

Same shite happened again, as in they have been pussyfooting around me for weeks, I finally sent them a text to essentially fuck off and voilà, I now have Fridays at 4 free a-hard-days-night-george-10

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

Martha, The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

7 April 2017
6.56pm
limitlessundyinglove
At the local Bird and Bee
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 347
3577sp_Permalink sp_Print

Water with lemons or other citrus fruit floating in it.  It’s just… ew…blue-meanie

The following people thank limitlessundyinglove for this post:

Starr Shine?

Grooving some cookie spaghetti since 1968.

7 April 2017
7.45pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
3578sp_Permalink sp_Print

Any piece of media that is confirmed to exist but is not on the internet, such as the 1969 Fat Albert TV special or Carnival Of Light , the internet could really use these.

8 April 2017
8.36pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members

Look at this family tree and tell me what’s wrong with it:

treea.pngImage Enlarger

treer.pngImage Enlarger
treee.pngImage Enlarger

If you’re guess was that there are siblings born close together, then you’re correct, I hate when a parent has a child and then have another one shortly thereafter, it really isn’t good for the child and it often pisses the older child off. I am one of the many unfortunate ones, as my brother was born only 19 months after me, parents need to learn to take time in-between children.

8 April 2017
10.05pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

Hell! Tell me about it!

I was a tried-for child. For about three years. So my older sister could have a baby brother or sister.

I was a struggle though. Just wasn’t happening.

Then I did. Popping out on 8 May 1967, just in time to hear my Dad have a first sneaky listen to Pepper before wrapping it up to give it to her on her birthday on 3 June.

Don’t remember much of my first listen, but have been told it happened and I gurgled. Not much changes. Just something different in my bottle now.

Anyhow, that’s an aside, and I should

stay-on-topic

But, there am I, a tried-for child, a planned child, two or three years in the making, and as I’m exploring my world during that first year, learning how to crawl – increasingly faster – away from my big sister, Mummy gets fatter, and on 7 May 1968 I get a baby sister!

Hell! WTF! I’m not used to this and now I’ve gotta get used to this as well! Not even a whole year to get my feet under the table before I’m suddenly the middle child!

blue-meanie

GardeningOctopus, Dark Overlord, WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Timothy, Richard
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
NJtoTX, seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22238, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694