Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Pet Peeves
10 March 2017
6.17pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3441sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ron Nasty said
It’s a laptop! It’s not a phone! It’s a 2TB laptop, with a half dozen external hard drives ranging from 250GB to 2TB.

I’m just copying the files on the 2TB external. Long way to go yet.  

Well what I meant to express was: how the bloody hell do you get to 48000+ songs?!?

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

10 March 2017
7.03pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
3442sp_Permalink sp_Print

Take a look at your own music collection when you’re weeks away from knocking on the door of 50, @AppleScruffJunior.

And I shouldn’t give the impression I have 48000+ songs. I have other hard drives. It’s probably over 200000.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

Beatlebug

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

10 March 2017
7.12pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
3443sp_Permalink sp_Print

Have you listened to every single song you have? 200000 songs is rather a lot to listen to.

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

10 March 2017
7.32pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
3444sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yes. There is nothing on any of my hard drives I haven’t heard at least once. That said, there’s quite a lot I’m not queuing up to hear twice.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Dark Overlord, Beatlebug

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

11 March 2017
10.55am
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4470
3445sp_Permalink sp_Print

This really pisses me off, unpaid internships. I have to do these for school everyday and it really sucks, especially considering I have some person who works with the company who’s giving all of the students in my school (which is a behavior school where everyone does a half day of unpaid internship) this program, who’s getting paid at least minimum wage to just sit there and occasionally boss me around, sometimes they’re texting their friends and they’ll tell me I’m not working hard enough. It’s funny because for me I was originally getting paid (although it still was technically an unpaid internship since the school system was paying me, not the employer) but then they took it away which led me to refusing to do work for over a month until they agreed to give me Wal-Mart gift cards. If you’re wondering, at least half of the kids in my school feel the same way (although I’m the only getting something out of it) and there are actually kids who will go to school for half a day and for the other half not go to the internship, I wish they just give us a full day of school.

If you're reading this, you are looking for something to do.

13 March 2017
2.01pm
Joe
Pepperland
Admin
Forum Posts: 5694

Ron Nasty said
The feckin’ hours on feckin’ end copying the back-up files to the new laptop so I can work out just what I’ve lost. Music alone is over 700GB – 48,152 items!  

After a couple of hard drive crashes I stopped caring so much about my digital music files. Now I shove everything onto Google Play Music and often delete the local files unless it’s something I might want to listen to offline. I only ever power up our NAS box a few times a year, normally when friends need something. It’s nice to have, for example, the complete Purple Chick A/B Road (Get Back ) recordings just a few clicks away online, and not have to worry about all the storage space the files take up.

They have a 50,000 track upload limit, and if the song is already in their database at a higher resolution you get their version of it. It also means we can stream stuff anywhere from our phones/tablets/computers via the app, and even cast it to a stereo with Chromecast Audio. And it’s free! Works for us.

It’s occasionally not quite right when uploading rare/live tracks, but I’ve only ever had a handful of mismatches and they can be fixed. Then again, I’ve got a relatively small music collection (18,000 songs).

Can buy me love! Please consider supporting the Beatles Bible on Amazon
Or buy my paperback/ebook! Riding So High – The Beatles and Drugs

Don't miss The Bowie Bible – now live!

13 March 2017
3.43pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
3447sp_Permalink sp_Print

Don’t get me wrong, I love The Simpsons, but there’s one moment where they really screwed up.

In the episode The Itallian Bob, we find out that Sideshow Bob has been living in Italy as the governor of a small town and The Simpsons happen to find him there by some coincidence where he decides to greet them with hospitality instead of kill them like he would’ve before, as long as they don’t reveal his past to anybody, however Lisa gets drunk and confesses that Bob is a fugitive which gets the people a little pissed off, but the problem is that they didn’t just stop there, when Lisa tugs onto Bob’s shirt, HE’S WEARING HIS F***ING PRISON JUMPSUIT which confirms it. This makes no sense on so many levels:

1. It is implied that he has been there for at least 2 years, as he has a son Gino that is able to walk and talk, so why wouldn’t he just ditch or burn his jumpsuit before entering the town or at least at some point while he was there.

2. While he is telling the story of why he came to Italy, he is seen with a short sleeve shirt on, implying that he has indeed taken off the long sleeved at some point.

[Image Can Not Be Found]

3. Somehow his wife hasn’t seen this suit despite knowing Bob for 2-3 years.

4. How stupid do you have to be to know not to put back on a prison jumpsuit, even Ralph Wiggum would be smart enough to not wear it again yet Sideshow Bob is a genius, not someone like Homer Simpson or Ralph Wiggum so it makes no sense that he would put back on his jumpsuit.

5. You may say that he was planning all of this to happen but if you watch the episode you will clearly see that’s not the case.

The following people thank Dark Overlord for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog

13 March 2017
4.25pm
William Shears Campbell
Somewhere In The Black Mountain Hills Of Utah
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3629
3448sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Dark Overlord said
Don’t get me wrong, I love The Simpsons, but there’s one moment where they really screwed up.

In the episode The Itallian Bob, we find out that Sideshow Bob has been living in Italy as the governor of a small town and The Simpsons happen to find him there by some coincidence where he decides to greet them with hospitality instead of kill them like he would’ve before, as long as they don’t reveal his past to anybody, however Lisa gets drunk and confesses that Bob is a fugitive which gets the people a little pissed off, but the problem is that they didn’t just stop there, when Lisa tugs onto Bob’s shirt, HE’S WEARING HIS F***ING PRISON JUMPSUIT which confirms it. This makes no sense on so many levels:

1. It is implied that he has been there for at least 2 years, as he has a son Gino that is able to walk and talk, so why wouldn’t he just ditch or burn his jumpsuit before entering the town or at least at some point while he was there.

2. While he is telling the story of why he came to Italy, he is seen with a short sleeve shirt on, implying that he has indeed taken off the long sleeved at some point.

[Image Can Not Be Found]

3. Somehow his wife hasn’t seen this suit despite knowing Bob for 2-3 years.

4. How stupid do you have to be to know not to put back on a prison jumpsuit, even Ralph Wiggum would be smart enough to not wear it again yet Sideshow Bob is a genius, not someone like Homer Simpson or Ralph Wiggum so it makes no sense that he would put back on his jumpsuit.

5. You may say that he was planning all of this to happen but if you watch the episode you will clearly see that’s not the case.  

There are lots of logic holes in cartoons, especially the Simpsons. I just try to ignore them. Ignorance is bliss except in the face of the law.

Here | There | Everywhere

It's ya boi!  The one and only Billy Shears (AKA Paul's Replacement)

"Sometimes I wish I was just George Harrison" - John Lennon

14 March 2017
1.24am
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
3449sp_Permalink sp_Print

You knew it was coming.Image Enlarger

The following people thank Necko for this post:

William Shears Campbell, SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

14 March 2017
4.55pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
3450sp_Permalink sp_Print

Classic rock bands who replaced the guitar solo with sax solos, this is most notable with Billy Joel. I’m fine with this once in a while like how The Beatles typically used guitars for their solos but switched to a sax for Lady Madonna but some bands go overboard with it, here’s a classic example:

0000278028.jpgImage Enlarger

Great album with one serious flaw, Billy decided that the guitar was a rhythm instrument and therefore shouldn’t play solos, here’s the track listing followed by what instrument plays each solo:

Movin’ Out (Anthony’s Song) – electric guitar

The Stranger – no solo

Just The Way You Are – saxophone (multiple solos)

Scenes From An Italian Restaurant – solo 1: saxophone, solo 2A: saxophone, clarinet, trombone, and tuba, solo 2B: piano, solo 3: piano, solo 4: saxophone, solo 5A: strings, solo 5B: piano, solo 6: saxophone

Vienna – accordion

Only The Good Die Young – saxophone

She’s Always A Woman – piano

Get It Right The First Time – flute

Everybody Has A Dream – no solo

The following people thank Dark Overlord for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog

14 March 2017
5.05pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
3451sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ The language is getting better and much more readable. That makes me happy. a-hard-days-night-george-9paul-mccartney-thumb_gif heart

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

WeepingAtlasCedars
14 March 2017
5.10pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
3452sp_Permalink sp_Print

Nice to hear, but considering this is a forum with mostly adults, are obscenities really that fraud upon that you complimented me for not using any.

14 March 2017
5.29pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
3453sp_Permalink sp_Print

I dunno about that, gettingbetter! There are a multitude of children on here. But funnily enough, it seems it bothers us less than it does Ahhh Girl.

2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

14 March 2017
6.04pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
3454sp_Permalink sp_Print

I find children use them more.

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

14 March 2017
6.10pm
Evangeline
1334 North Beechwood Drive
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1808

Starr Shine? said
I find children use them more.  

Probably because they have less things to do in their lives.

I am you as you are you as you are you and you are all together. 

14 March 2017
6.12pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
3456sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Common misconception about a 21st century child! We are the busiest beings on earth! So busy, we aren’t able to do our chores!

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

William Shears Campbell, SgtPeppersBulldog

aus-flag-v-small.png

15 March 2017
8.31am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
3457sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just think forumpudlians are smart enough and creative enough to be able to express their ideas without using profanity in great quantities. I see the overuse of profanity as lazy. An occasional use of swear words makes them convey a stronger message when they are used.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

georgiewood, Martha, The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars
15 March 2017
8.41am
georgiewood
In my tree
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 792
3458sp_Permalink sp_Print

It seems that many people use swear words to convey how shockingly independent and rebellious they are and to show that staid conventional mores should not apply to them. How shocking, independent and rebellious can it be if everybody does it? 

The following people thank georgiewood for this post:

Ahhh Girl

I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did'.
Kurt Vonnegut, Timequake, 1997

15 March 2017
8.54am
Martha
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1277
3459sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just out of curiosity: How great is the real impact of swearing in English-speaking countries? In school, we learned that you should never ever use words like ‘f**k’ because it is totally unacceptable in society and considered as an obscenity. Not that I am intending to use these words, but I was just surprised by this fact because in movies they seem to swear all the time.

Not once does the diversity seem forced -- the genius of the record is how the vaudevillian "When I'm 64" seems like a logical extension of "Within You Without You" and how it provides a gateway to the chiming guitars of "Lovely Rita. - Stephen T. Erlewine on Sgt Pepper's

15 March 2017
9.26am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
3460sp_Permalink sp_Print

Swearing is overrated.

It’s like how you should smoke but you see people in movies smoke.

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694