Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Pet Peeves
1 March 2017
4.20pm
Evangeline
1334 North Beechwood Drive
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1808
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3401sp_Permalink sp_Print

HMBeatlesfan said
This really pisses me off, if you go into a store, you will notice that there are just as many female razors as male ones, I mean do women really need razors just as badly as men because the last time I checked, razors were for shaving facial hair which only men have, so why do women need razors just as badly as men.  

Did you flunk biology class? Because it sure sound like you did.

The following people thank Evangeline for this post:

Necko, Beatlebug

I am you as you are you as you are you and you are all together. 

2 March 2017
9.57am
Starr Test
Owned by Starr Shine? agian
The Cavern Club
Guests
Forum Posts: 78
3402sp_Permalink sp_Print

HMBeatlesfan said
This really pisses me off, if you go into a store, you will notice that there are just as many female razors as male ones, I mean do women really need razors just as badly as men because the last time I checked, razors were for shaving facial hair which only men have, so why do women need razors just as badly as men.

There are 3 areas woman like to shave:

1. legs

2. underarms

3. privates

I will write this using Star Wars analogies so you can understand it better because I know you’re not into this stuff:

1. Although they’re not as focused on as the boobs or ass, nice legs are nice to have on a girl and are like an added bonus, think of it like if they released the original Star Wars trilogy on Blu Ray and add the Boba Fett segment as a bonus, Boba Fett is like the legs, but they’re not nearly as much of a bonus if they’re hairy. Overall though, women focus on this area more than men care which makes believe that lesbians really like this area, but that’s getting past the point.

2. I couldn’t care less about this, girls just do it because they think men care about it.

3. This one is the main reason, having a shaved pussy is important and if yours is hairy, it turns men away, think of a shaved one like the original 1977 theatrical cut of Star Wars and the hairy one as the 1997 Special Edition, the hair strands are like the added CGI effects, like Han no longer shooting first and the CGI dinosaurs blocking the way in the scene where Luke’s riding the sandcrawler.

The following people thank Starr Test for this post:

HMBeatlesfan, HMBeatlesfan, HMBeatlesfan

@starr-test   (use starr-test to @t me)

2 March 2017
11.26am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
3403sp_Permalink sp_Print

Some women shave cause they like not having body hair. Males opinons don’t have to factor in.

Like how some guys shave their face because they don’t like hair on their chin. It isn’t always to impress some lady.

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Little Piggy Dragonguy, AppleScruffJunior, WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

2 March 2017
1.15pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
3404sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said

I, me, mine had laser hair removal (seriously if you have the money do it, oh God do it- hundreds of hours have been saved in my life by not having to shave) so I rarely have to shave.  

I can attest to laser hair removal being great, but I would never recommend it to anybody because it is torture. 

I think the amount of women that shave just for men is the minority. It is socially unacceptable for girls to have leg/armpit/back/stomach/facial hair, so people who do not follow the social norm of shaving are seen as having a lack of care for their appearance. If I knew I wouldn’t be judged for it, I would never shave anything, but that’s not how life works. 

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

2 March 2017
1.22pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
3405sp_Permalink sp_Print

Little Piggy Dragonguy said

I can attest to laser hair removal being great, but I would never recommend it to anybody because it is torture. 

I think the amount of women that shave just for men is the minority. It is socially unacceptable for girls to have leg/armpit/back/stomach/facial hair, so people who do not follow the social norm of shaving are seen as having a lack of care for their appearance. If I knew I wouldn’t be judged for it, I would never shave anything, but that’s not how life works.   

When did you get it done? Some of the new machines are brilliant and you can have both your legs done in about 40 minutes with no pain/redness afterwards

I have really dark hair and light skin so I was perfect for laser hair removal and the only painful bit I found was my underarms because you could hear your hair being burnt off and you could smell it too (it’s rancid by the way). 

It was only uncomfortable for the 5 minute my underarms were being done and they were fine afterwards just a bit sensitive. 

And I agree with women almost needing to be hairless beauties by society (anything that isn’t hair on your head, eyebrows or eyelashes needs to go!). Sure it’s only been in the last 100 years that women’s hair has been thought of as “disgusting” and needing to be removed.

I  remember going to Italy and practically none of the women shaved their armpits or legs, I almost shouted a few “you go girls” while I was there but I managed to contain myself ahdn_george_08.

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

William Shears Campbell, Beatlebug

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

2 March 2017
1.29pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
3406sp_Permalink sp_Print

Shaving isn’t as weird as piercings. I don’t get the appeal of inflicting wounds and shoving bits of metal in the wound to stop it from healing.

The Hole Got Fixed, Necko, Beatlebug

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

2 March 2017
2.45pm
HMBeatlesfan
Kalamazoo, Seussville, USA
Candlestick Park
Guests
Forum Posts: 1115
3407sp_Permalink sp_Print

Starr Test said

HMBeatlesfan said

There are 3 areas woman like to shave:

1. legs

2. underarms

3. privates

I will write this using Star Wars analogies so you can understand it better because I know you’re not into this stuff:

1. Although they’re not as focused on as the boobs or ass, nice legs are nice to have on a girl and are like an added bonus, think of it like if they released the original Star Wars trilogy on Blu Ray and add the Boba Fett segment as a bonus, Boba Fett is like the legs, but they’re not nearly as much of a bonus if they’re hairy. Overall though, women focus on this area more than men care which makes believe that lesbians really like this area, but that’s getting past the point.

2. I couldn’t care less about this, girls just do it because they think men care about it.

3. This one is the main reason, having a shaved pussy is important and if yours is hairy, it turns men away, think of a shaved one like the original 1977 theatrical cut of Star Wars and the hairy one as the 1997 Special Edition, the hair strands are like the added CGI effects, like Han no longer shooting first and the CGI dinosaurs blocking the way in the scene where Luke’s riding the sandcrawler.  

Thanks, except LPD and ASJ implied that most women don’t shave their privates, really like the Star Wars analogies though, never would’ve thought to compare pubic hairs to special edition changes.

Maybe you should try posting more.

2 March 2017
5.17pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
3408sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ I did not imply that most women don’t ladygarden. I don’t know if the majority do or not (and frankly I don’t really care) because I don’t really ask every woman I meet to show me her crotch while I question if she waxes or shaves. 

Now can we move onto something else that isn’t genitalia please 😛

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

HMBeatlesfan

2 March 2017
5.19pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
3409sp_Permalink sp_Print

Starr Shine? said
Shaving isn’t as weird as piercings. I don’t get the appeal of inflicting wounds and shoving bits of metal in the wound to stop it from healing.  

Something else.

2 March 2017
5.25pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
3410sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have my ears pierced (the regular tiny stud piercing in the lobe).

I’d never get anything else though, I am not a fan of facial piercings and I think very few people can pull them off. 

I’m very basic when it comes to any body modifications, I’d never get gauges or tattoos and only have my ear lobes pierced.

2 March 2017
7.11pm
HMBeatlesfan
Candlestick Park
Guests
3411sp_Permalink sp_Print

You know what really pisses me off, double EP’s. There a waste, why make a double EP when you could do one of these things.

1. Release it as a 12″ EP, may sound like a waste of vinyl, but considering maxi singles exist, this makes more sense

2. Release it as a 10″ EP, makes the most sense

3. Cram it into a single 7″ record, may seem impossible but considering there are 12″ LP’s with over 30 minutes per side, it is possible to get at least 30 minutes of music on a single 7″, 15 minutes per side

Let’s take the most popular double EP, The Beatles 1967 Magical Mystery Tour , and show you how it could be reduced to one record:

Side A: (9:56)

Magical Mystery Tour 2:48

Your Mother Should Know 2:33

I Am The Walrus 4:35

Side B: (9:06)

The Fool On The Hill 3:00

Flying 2:16

Blue Jay Way 3:50

Total Time=19:02

Very plausible for a single 7″ record if you ask me

2 March 2017
7.17pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410

Sorry, just to nitpick: Blue Jay Way goes for 3:55, not 3:50. But I must say, MMT should have been released as an official LP, not an EP.

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

2 March 2017
9.46pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
3413sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
I have my ears pierced (the regular tiny stud piercing in the lobe).

I’d never get anything else though, I am not a fan of facial piercings and I think very few people can pull them off. 

I’m very basic when it comes to any body modifications, I’d never get gauges or tattoos and only have my ear lobes pierced.  

Thing I don’t get is, why is earlobe normal to create an open wound but it is suddenly weird if it is anywhere else.

Beatlebug

3 March 2017
5.11am
Joe
Pepperland
Admin
Forum Posts: 5694

HMBeatlesfan said
You know what really pisses me off, double EP’s. There a waste, why make a double EP when you could do one of these things.

1. Release it as a 12″ EP, may sound like a waste of vinyl, but considering maxi singles exist, this makes more sense

3. Cram it into a single 7″ record, may seem impossible but considering there are 12″ LP’s with over 30 minutes per side, it is possible to get at least 30 minutes of music on a single 7″, 15 minutes per side

Let’s take the most popular double EP, The Beatles 1967 Magical Mystery Tour , and show you how it could be reduced to one record:

You’d have to play the 7″ at 33rpm to get that much music on a disc, but the sound quality would suffer significantly – fidelity deteriorates the closer you get to the centre of the label (so 12″ is better than 7″), and having a slowly spinning disc would make the problem even worse.

Read up on inner groove distortion. This explains it better than I can: http://www.soundmattersblog.co…..planation/

A 10″ EP would have made more sense for MMT, but they weren’t too popular in the 60s and might have been harder to market. And a 12″/45rpm EP might have just highlighted how few songs there were.

The following people thank Joe for this post:

Zig, Evangeline, HMBeatlesfan, HMBeatlesfan, HMBeatlesfan, HMBeatlesfan, HMBeatlesfan

Can buy me love! Please consider supporting the Beatles Bible on Amazon
Or buy my paperback/ebook! Riding So High – The Beatles and Drugs

Don't miss The Bowie Bible – now live!

3 March 2017
9.54am
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
3415sp_Permalink sp_Print

Starr Shine? said

And when did it become fashionable to wear small truck tires in one’s ears? Did I miss a meeting?

Although, this guy seems to have found a practical use for his gaping atrocity…

Can you hear me now?

Image Enlarger

The following people thank Zig for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

3 March 2017
12.24pm
Pablo Ramon
Some Time in NYC
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 687
3416sp_Permalink sp_Print

What about tattoos, do people generally consider them to be “weird”?

3 March 2017
1.54pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
3417sp_Permalink sp_Print

Weird is a relative term, I guess. I wouldn’t do it only because I’ve seen too many old men with old tattoos that just look sad, pathetic and wrinkly. No thanks. Zag does have a cool one on her ankle. It features her horse and incorporates a pet adoption symbol – the one with the paw print on the palm of a hand. It’s quite impressive. The tattoo artist had a lot of fun helping her design it. 

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

3 March 2017
1.59pm
HMBeatlesfan
Candlestick Park
Guests
3418sp_Permalink sp_Print

Joe said

HMBeatlesfan said

You’d have to play the 7″ at 33rpm to get that much music on a disc, but the sound quality would suffer significantly – fidelity deteriorates the closer you get to the centre of the label (so 12″ is better than 7″), and having a slowly spinning disc would make the problem even worse.

Read up on inner groove distortion. This explains it better than I can: http://www.soundmattersblog.co…..planation/

A 10″ EP would have made more sense for MMT, but they weren’t too popular in the 60s and might have been harder to market. And a 12″/45rpm EP might have just highlighted how few songs there were.  

Thanks for replying and you’ve got some good points there, but for your claim about how 10″ EP’s weren’t common, Magical Mystery Tour was the only double EP released in 1967 and on top of that, The Beatles were well known for thinking outside of the box, so that’s a weak claim. Also, if they chose to let the quality deteriorate at the end of each side, it would work well for the outro of I Am The Walrus .

3 March 2017
3.01pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
3419sp_Permalink sp_Print

While there may have been a few, what would become known as, “maxi singles” in the ’60s (and I don’t know if there was any) as a format it did not emerge until the ’70s, @HMBeatlesfan. The same with 12-inch singles, which I remember starting to be released in the second half of the ’70s.

The 10-inch might have been a way to go, but did EMI have the facilities to press and make sleeves for the numbers needed for a Beatles release.

You make the point about them being able to think outside of the box. Too true. And they did, they came up with a double-EP whose gatefold sleeve also acted as the cover of a book. Something that hadn’t been done. Thinking outside the box.

That you’re not keen on the solution they came up with to release the six MMT songs in the UK doesn’t mean they were not original and innovative in the package they came up with.

I owned the Capitol album first, I far prefer the EP for its packaging.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

HMBeatlesfan

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

3 March 2017
3.59pm
HMBeatlesfan
Candlestick Park
Guests
3420sp_Permalink sp_Print

Good point, that’s such a great post, I decided to single thank it instead of multi thank it.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Timpetus
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22227, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694