Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Pet Peeves
13 May 2016
4.20pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2521sp_Permalink sp_Print

Two words, which is actually one word, which says it all really: Hay fever!ahdn_paul_01

The following people thank Linde for this post:

Beatlebug, Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<, Necko
13 May 2016
6.33pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
2522sp_Permalink sp_Print

Local TV stations who are under the impression we think they are the only source of information. I’ll see an advert for the 11 o’clock news in which the weather forecaster will say something like, “when will this rainy spell come to an end? Tune in at 11 for details”.  Or, I could flip over to the Weather Channel or go online you schmuck. 

The following people thank Zig for this post:

Beatlebug, Midori78, Necko

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

13 May 2016
7.54pm
Jolly Jimmy
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1047
2523sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig said
Local TV stations who are under the impression we think they are the only source of information. I’ll see an advert for the 11 o’clock news in which the weather forecaster will say something like, “when will this rainy spell come to an end? Tune in at 11 for details”.  Or, I could flip over to the Weather Channel or go online you schmuck.   

To supplement what Zig says about local TV stations.

The overuse of the term “Breaking news”.  They use this for old news sometimes.  Keep doing this and I will treat it like the villagers who treated the boy who cried wolf.

A second peeve is when they promo a story like it will be an in depth 5-10 minute piece and it barely lasts 30-60 seconds.  The promos are longer than the story itself.

They also plug a story as if it will be the first thing they do after a commercial break.  But story is covered much later in newscast.

The following people thank Jolly Jimmy for this post:

Beatlebug, Zig, WeepingAtlasCedars

You are all my friends.

14 May 2016
7.36am
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
2524sp_Permalink sp_Print

As long as we are piling on local newscasters…

For some macabre reason, they go to ludicrous lengths to make a local connection to some far off disaster. “While clean-up efforts are ongoing after that devastating earthquake in Mongolia three days ago, we found a local man whose cousin’s neighbor’s mailman once delivered a postcard from Mongolia. We’ll get his reaction to this disaster on tonight’s newscast.”

pepperland

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

14 May 2016
7.54am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
2525sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig said

People with nothing better to do than to tell me “a tomato is not vegetable, it’s a fruit” or “a strawberry is not a berry, it’s a fruit” or some such banality.

First – thank you on behalf of the rest of us knuckle-dragging morons for setting us straight. How on Earth would we ever survive without the vast breadth and scope of your knowledge? Say, that’s a pretty nifty Produce Police badge ya got there, Bucko.

Second – other than you, who the Hell cares?!?! Let the 99.99999999% of the population who incorrectly categorize produce have our fun

I was looking back and I saw this post again. It’s interesting how people will be stuck on their own thing even if they are wrong. I think stuff like this is part of why things take so long to progress like science back in the day when the church said that the everything orbited the Earth. People were finding out that it wasn’t true and people refused to accept it for a long time and would punish the people who spoke out against the beliefs they want to hold.

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

14 May 2016
8.01am
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
2526sp_Permalink sp_Print

I wouldn’t go as far as likening the Earth’s incorrect place in the solar system with incorrect categorization of produce, but I do see your point.

pepperland

14 May 2016
12.15pm
Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<
the Netherlands
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1435
2527sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^< said
That Richard bloke from the Something About The Beatles podcast. Why would you do a Beatles podcast if you dislike Paul so much? paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif  

Remember this?

Well, I managed to get banned from their facebook page. I’ve never been banned anywhere before, so it’s a rather new experience, but I have no regrets. I’ve given Richard a taste of his own medicine by tearing him down the way he keeps ragging on Paul. So, of course, they banned me. I’m rather proud of that. So, it’s not really a peeve, though that podcast and the way it keeps taking cheap shots at Paul is.

The following people thank Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^< for this post:

Beatlebug

Formerly Known As JPM-Fangirl --Paul-Badge.png 2016

'Out There' - 07-06-2015 - Ziggo Dome Amsterdam -- 'One On One' - 12-06-2016 - Pinkpop Festival Landgraaf

14 May 2016
8.31pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
2528sp_Permalink sp_Print

My computer. a-hard-days-night-john-7

One moment I’ll be browsing the forum as usual, and the next my computer will just log out, update and shut down with no warning whatsoever! Sure, it doesn’t take an hour to complete the process, but why wouldn’t it at least notify me beforehand?!? 

Bleh. a-hard-days-night-paul-3

The following people thank WeepingAtlasCedars for this post:

natureaker

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

14 May 2016
8.38pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
2529sp_Permalink sp_Print

WeepingAtlasCedars said

One moment I’ll be browsing the forum as usual, and the next my computer will just log out, update and shut down with no warning whatsoever! Sure, it doesn’t take an hour to complete the process, but why wouldn’t it at least notify me beforehand?!? 

Same thing happens to me.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

15 May 2016
10.49am
natureaker
Blue Jay Way
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1477
2530sp_Permalink sp_Print

WeepingAtlasCedars said

What makes it worse for me is sometimes my computer will update twice in a day and update 3 or 4 times within only two days. Most annoying thing ever!

The following people thank natureaker for this post:

WeepingAtlasCedars
15 May 2016
11.07am
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
2531sp_Permalink sp_Print

natureaker said

WeepingAtlasCedars said

What makes it worse for me is sometimes my computer will update twice in a day and update 3 or 4 times within only two days. Most annoying thing ever!  

My computer always asks to update and I always tell her later.

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

15 May 2016
6.48pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
2532sp_Permalink sp_Print

Here’s what pees me off, and this may be laptop specific, usb ports. My new laptop has three. On the left, two 2.0 ports, and the headphone socket. On the right, the 3.0 port.

Now, my 2TB external plugs into the 3.0 no problems. However, my internet dongle is about a third wider than a usb. So, where I have 2 2.0 ports, because they’re close together, I can only use one.

I can see how it can be done, why can’t you????

blue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanie

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<, Beatlebug

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

16 May 2016
12.49am
Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<
the Netherlands
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1435
2533sp_Permalink sp_Print

I hope I won’t run into any similar issues, RN. My iPad is rapidly dying, so I’m replacing it with a laptop next week. 

Formerly Known As JPM-Fangirl --Paul-Badge.png 2016

'Out There' - 07-06-2015 - Ziggo Dome Amsterdam -- 'One On One' - 12-06-2016 - Pinkpop Festival Landgraaf

16 May 2016
2.11am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
2534sp_Permalink sp_Print

Regarding computer updates you have the option on when the updates occur, you just have to change the settings. 

They are automatically set on the default setting of immediately but you can alter it to when it shuts down or during a period of inactivity. 

Going back to the ‘Something About The Beatles’ podcast I hate the theme song. It’s atrocious. And at some point they need to start disagreeing more. At times it’s like they’re having a contest to see who can blow the most smoke up the others backside. ‘Fab4Free4All’ is much better – until they go off topic and/or start doing stupid voices. 

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

WeepingAtlasCedars

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

20 May 2016
9.17am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
2535sp_Permalink sp_Print

When people talk about Native Americans as if they are all the same.

20 May 2016
11.02am
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
2536sp_Permalink sp_Print

Starr Shine? said
When people talk about Native Americans as if they are all the same.  

And while we are on that topic, I find it a shame that labels like that have been placed on people. Native Americans, African Americans, Irish Americans, Italian Americans, etc… Why can’t all citizens of America simply be called Americans? 

Further, Cherokee, Apache, Navajo and the rest of the tribes inhabited this land long before it became America. So even the term Native American is a misnomer. I was born here, so technically I am a native American regardless of where my ancestors came from.

Beatlebug, Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<, WeepingAtlasCedars

20 May 2016
11.10am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
2537sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig said

And while we are on that topic, I find it a shame that labels like that have been placed on people. Native Americans, African Americans, Irish Americans, Italian Americans, etc… Why can’t all citizens of America simply be called Americans? 

Further, Cherokee, Apache, Navajo and the rest of the tribes inhabited this land long before it became America. So even the term Native American is a misnomer. I was born here, so technically I am a native American regardless of where my ancestors came from.  

People are doing that

Less of a misnomer than Indian.

20 May 2016
11.18am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members

zig, do you view yourself as American with no hyphen? Why or why not?

I think looking how people view themselves can help sort out labels.

20 May 2016
11.23am
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
2539sp_Permalink sp_Print

What hyphen? Like Amer-ican?

Seriously though, I view myself as a human being. That is how I view others.

Starr Shine?, Beatlebug, Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<, WeepingAtlasCedars, BeatleSnut

20 May 2016
11.31am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
2540sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig said
Seriously though, I view myself as a human being. That is how I view others.  

So you label based on species?

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: wormz
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22223, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694