Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Pet Peeves
25 April 2016
3.53pm
Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<
the Netherlands
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1435
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2401sp_Permalink sp_Print

cbatcu That’s a doggie woggie in Paul’s lap. Still a cute picture, though a-hard-days-night-paul-7heart

Formerly Known As JPM-Fangirl --Paul-Badge.png 2016

'Out There' - 07-06-2015 - Ziggo Dome Amsterdam -- 'One On One' - 12-06-2016 - Pinkpop Festival Landgraaf

25 April 2016
5.12pm
georgiewood
In my tree
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 792
2402sp_Permalink sp_Print

Necko said

georgiewood said

Ron Nasty said

All this recent changing of usernames. Half the time I don’t who I’m talking to! (And, yeah, I know, pot kettle black, as I changed mine a long while back, but still…)

@Necko said you know you’re a hardcore Beatles Bibler when you can identify the former names of our shape shifters by their post count. That works for AD40 because of her massive number, but now there’s too many others with too many similar post counts to figure out the rest of them.  I’ll throw one more in to support RN. blue-meanie

Actually, I don’t think I said that. I seem to remember someone else saying it, but I don’t remember who. 

Or maybe I said it and then forgot I said it. What do I know? 

You’re right, @Necko, it was trc–https://www.beatlesbible.com/forum/all-together-now-song/you-know-youre-a-hardcore-beatles-bibler-when/page-48/, post 956. It could have been you, however.  Couldn’t it?

The following people thank georgiewood for this post:

Necko

I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did'.
Kurt Vonnegut, Timequake, 1997

25 April 2016
5.31pm
Pineapple Records
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 842
2403sp_Permalink sp_Print

BluemeanAl said

Little Piggy Dragonfly said
There’s this girl in my dorm who likes to listen to music very loudly, and she also likes to listen to the same song on repeat for hours at a time. I have currently spent the past hour listening to “Umbrella” by Rihanna. a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

I love that one!  Reminds of a neighbor I had a long time ago, who just kept playing “Torn Between Two Lovers” (Mary MacGregor?  I couldn’t remember who it was, had to google it) over and over and over.  I’ll just say that she obviously had a reason why she got stuck on this particular song…

A friend from college went from America to travel around Europe.  He began by settling in Copenhagen, intent on learning Danish and studying Kierkegaard (he thought he was going to become a philosopher, but it didn’t turn out that way…).  While there, he roomed in a boarding house where his neighbor was a large, big-bosomed African-American girl who was studying singing in a show tunes genre, and every day she belted out the John Kander classic “NEW YORK, NEW YORK!!!!” — disturbing his attempts to study Danish philosophy…  He thought, what are the odds, I go all the way to Denmark to study Danish philosophy, only to be rudely interrupted by a Broadway show tune…?

A ginger sling with a pineapple heart,

a coffee dessert, yes you know it's good news...

25 April 2016
5.33pm
Gagamee
The Kaiserkeller
Members
Forum Posts: 49

my pet peeves are  Text Speak 

nodding dogs in a back window of a car 

people cracking their kuckles 

25 April 2016
5.36pm
Pineapple Records
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 842
2405sp_Permalink sp_Print

gembo555 said
One of my most annoying pet peeves is when I say to someone “i am pansexual” and they go “ew so you like pans?” It’s even worse when I say “No it means attraction to all genders” and they go “ew so you like everyone? ew do you like fucking dogs” 

arghhhh it’s annoying

If someone balks at you for being pansexual, you can retort, “Pot calling the pan black…” blue-meanie

A ginger sling with a pineapple heart,

a coffee dessert, yes you know it's good news...

25 April 2016
5.36pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
2406sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have a £25 Amazon.co.uk voucher and I’m not sure what to spend it on. I have 2 DVDs and a laptop case in my cart and that adds up to £18….so anyone know of any cool things for about or less than £7?

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

25 April 2016
5.39pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
2407sp_Permalink sp_Print

Pineapple Records said

gembo555 said
One of my most annoying pet peeves is when I say to someone “i am pansexual” and they go “ew so you like pans?” It’s even worse when I say “No it means attraction to all genders” and they go “ew so you like everyone? ew do you like fucking dogs” 

arghhhh it’s annoying

If someone balks at you for being pansexual, you can retort, “Pot calling the pan black…” blue-meanie

Oh Christ, the idea of somebody liking pans is hilarious.

Ah dear, I have no solution to your problem but I love the idea that people think pansexual means you like pans xD

25 April 2016
5.52pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
2408sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
I have a £25 Amazon.co.uk voucher and I’m not sure what to spend it on. I have 2 DVDs and a laptop case in my cart and that adds up to £18….so anyone know of any cool things for about or less than £7?

Perhaps you could get a little Beatles keychain or another related trinket. Those are always nice to have on backpacks/purses /etc to show your Beatle-preciation! a-hard-days-night-george-10

Anyways, one of my pet peeves: loud/annoying/screaming children; especially when nobody does anything to stop the things! 

Me and my mum went to get groceries earlier and there was this toddler who kept screeching their lungs out for the entire time we were there and the people with the kid didn’t do anything about it! People like that shouldn’t be allowed to have kids in the first place! blue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanie

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

25 April 2016
6.06pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members

^ I’m thinking of getting a new Beatles’ cardholder, my old own is kind of falling apart. I’ll need it for uni next year more than now so I might as well get a nice one while I can.

Just thinking back: I don’t know why I posted this here in the Pet Peeves thread well to bring it back around:

I hate the delivery costs to Ireland from amazon.co.uk, I wish we’d get an Irish branch already 🙁

25 April 2016
8.46pm
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
2410sp_Permalink sp_Print

Pineapple Records said

BluemeanAl said

Little Piggy Dragonfly said
There’s this girl in my dorm who likes to listen to music very loudly, and she also likes to listen to the same song on repeat for hours at a time. I have currently spent the past hour listening to “Umbrella” by Rihanna. a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

I love that one!  Reminds of a neighbor I had a long time ago, who just kept playing “Torn Between Two Lovers” (Mary MacGregor?  I couldn’t remember who it was, had to google it) over and over and over.  I’ll just say that she obviously had a reason why she got stuck on this particular song…

A friend from college went from America to travel around Europe.  He began by settling in Copenhagen, intent on learning Danish and studying Kierkegaard (he thought he was going to become a philosopher, but it didn’t turn out that way…).  While there, he roomed in a boarding house where his neighbor was a large, big-bosomed African-American girl who was studying singing in a show tunes genre, and every day she belted out the John Kander classic “NEW YORK, NEW YORK!!!!” — disturbing his attempts to study Danish philosophy…  He thought, what are the odds, I go all the way to Denmark to study Danish philosophy, only to be rudely interrupted by a Broadway show tune…?

That reminds me of something that happened to me during my freshman year of college. My suitemate in the room next door was playing “Electric Feel” by MGMT really loud in his room. Then – for whatever reason that I never did find out – he had to leave his room abruptly. Unfortunately, it was set on repeat. He didn’t return to his room for another forty-five or fifty minutes, and I heard “Electric Feel” over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over…..

It was years before I could hear that song again without getting pissed (in the American sense, meaning irate). I never said anything to him, because we were good friends and I liked the guy. 

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

25 April 2016
8.50pm
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
2411sp_Permalink sp_Print

Gagamee said
my pet peeves are 

You’d hate me in real life. I crack every joint in my body.

As for a peeve, I hate spitting. People who spit gross me out. I don’t even like doing it myself and avoid it as much as possible. 

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

26 April 2016
3.23am
Harrison7
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 238
2412sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said

Pineapple Records said

gembo555 said

arghhhh it’s annoying

Oh Christ, the idea of somebody liking pans is hilarious.

Ah dear, I have no solution to your problem but I love the idea that people think pansexual means you like pans xD

You have no idea how much people say that XD

26 April 2016
8.25pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
2413sp_Permalink sp_Print

Necko said

As for a peeve, I hate spitting. People who spit gross me out. I don’t even like doing it myself and avoid it as much as possible. 

That is one of Zag’s peeves as well.

gembo555 said
One of my most annoying pet peeves is when I say to someone “i am pansexual” and they go “ew so you like pans?”

Tell them to wok off.

The following people thank Zig for this post:

Beatlebug, Necko, natureaker, BeatleSnut

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

27 April 2016
8.03am
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
2414sp_Permalink sp_Print

Necko groused 

Gagamee grumbled 
my pet peeves are 

You’d hate me in real life. I crack every joint in my body.

You’d hate me in real life… well, I don’t spit as a general thing, but after I’ve had a cold, I have no choice. ahdn_paul_01 

It ain’t fun though a-hard-days-night-paul-3 

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

27 April 2016
3.59pm
natureaker
Blue Jay Way
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1477
2415sp_Permalink sp_Print

Gagamee said
my pet peeves are  Text Speak 

nodding dogs in a back window of a car 

Oh boy, you should see the people at my school who crack everywhere possible, including myself. People crack their knuckles, backs, toes, elbows, knees, you name it, they crack it! (most likely, not 100% positive).

27 April 2016
7.33pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
2416sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ I’m 52. Everything cracks just getting out of bed in the morning.

Peeve: People who perpetuate their own agenda despite what may be in everyone else’s best interest.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

28 April 2016
12.20pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24963
2417sp_Permalink sp_Print

Walking up at stupid times in the morning. This morning it was 5:30am. a-hard-days-night-paul-3

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

28 April 2016
12.24pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
2418sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ Did you have to get up at that time or is it just your brain going like “hey mmm, get up, come on, you’ve got nothing better to do, get up!”- because I hate when both of those things happen.

I find that I work the best when I get up at around 9am.

28 April 2016
12.38pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
2419sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
^ Did you have to get up at that time or is it just your brain going like “hey mmm, get up, come on, you’ve got nothing better to do, get up!”– because I hate when both of those things happen

That happens to me, even if I go to bed late so I accepted that I’m a morning person and learned to chill with it.

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

28 April 2016
12.45pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24963
2420sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
^ Did you have to get up at that time or is it just your brain going like “hey mmm, get up, come on, you’ve got nothing better to do, get up!”- because I hate when both of those things happen.

I find that I work the best when I get up at around 9am.

I had to get up at 1/2 7. Just woke up and that was it. 

A couple of days ago I didnt have to get up at any time and woke at 1/2 6 in the morning. 

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: sleeptalker
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5518
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24963, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694