Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Introduce yourself to the forum!
2 January 2023
1.34am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22223
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4701sp_Permalink sp_Print

Neely said
Hello, I’m Neely (I go by my last name because I hate my first name due to….. reasons). My mom always told me “The Beatles aren’t all that great” but then I found a copy of Let It Be in my shed when I moved into this new house and I play that record like 3 times a day someone please help me. I’m going to try to get the White Album , Revolver , and Abbey Road soon because they are my other favourite Beatles records. I have to hide that I like The Beatles from like everyone so I decide to live an open life on this forum. My favourite Beatle is John, I don’t know why. Or is it Paul.. or Ringo. Oh my god I can’t decide. I genuinely just don’t like George though, and guess what? I DON’T KNOW WHY!

I hope ya’ll don’t hate me… for whatever reason. People always find a reason. 

Love,

Neely

@Neely, yes, this is the place to let your Beatles hair down and go full-throttle talking Beatlemania! We are all glad we have this outlet to let our inner Beatlemaniac run free. beatlemaniacs_02_gif

You have to be so super bad that the wrath of mods rain down on you for us to hate you. Keep posting like you are and you will get lots of love from us. heart

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Neely, Rube, Beatlebug
3 January 2023
12.08pm
Rube
United Kingdom
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1395
4702sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome to this fabulous forum @Neely! The four Beatles albums you mentioned are fantastic as well as the rest of their albums. 

Winner of Most Hardcore Beatles Bible Fan 2021

mosthardcore.png

9 January 2023
1.12am
Knight77
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 5
4703sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello guys!

Glad to be here. I’m from Naples.

I just posted about my father’s (upcoming) album related to the Beatles.

Have a nice day.

The following people thank Knight77 for this post:

Richard, Rube
9 January 2023
2.13am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4704sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ooo, I got to go to Naples for a few hours. I went to the Museo Archeologico Nazionale di Napoli and then had some pizza. Have a look around the site and contribute to the conversations that interest you.

Rube
11 February 2023
6.18am
wino john
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 2
4705sp_Permalink sp_Print

Same first name as my favorite Beatle

Just moved to Port Angeles, WA after 30 years in Dublin (Bay Area) CA, preceded by 37 years in Los Angeles area.

Old school-ish, listen to CDs, not streaming, and I make my own CDs which I call Cover-to-Covers where the artist songs alternate, for example:

Bob Dylan – Blowing in the Wind, Stevie Wonder – Blowing in the Wind, Stevie Wonder – Superstition, Jeff Beck – Superstition, Jeff Beck – She’s A Woman , Beatles – She’s A Woman , Beatles – Help !, Tina Turner – Help !, Tina Turner – Bitch is Back, Elton John – Bitch is Back, Elton John – Saturday Night’s Alright for Fighting,  Who – Saturday Night’s Alright for Fighting, Who – Eyesight to the Blind, Eric Clapton -Eyesight to the Blind, Eric Clapton – Little Wing, Jimi Hendrix – little Wing, Jimi Hendrix – All Along the Watchtower, Bob Dylan – All Along the Watchtower

The following people thank wino john for this post:

Sea Belt, Rube, Richard
11 February 2023
2.43pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4706sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome, @wino john. I’m looking forward to your thoughts on the topics we discuss here on the Fab Forum. Have an apple to get you started apple01

Rube
11 February 2023
8.30pm
Sea Belt
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 975
4707sp_Permalink sp_Print

@wino john Welcome!  I’m kind of new too, since November.  I never knew Tina Turner covered Bitch is Back!  Must check that out soon!

The following people thank Sea Belt for this post:

Rube

Now today I find, you have changed your mind

11 February 2023
10.38pm
Richard
North of England
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5286

Welcome to the forum, @wino john!john-lennon-salute_gif

That’s an interesting idea for compiling music.

The following people thank Richard for this post:

Rube

And in the end

The love you take is equal to the love you make

uk-flag-v-small-3.png

18 February 2023
7.41pm
Rube
United Kingdom
Candlestick Park
Members
4709sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome to the Fab Forum @wino john! I listen to CDs as well. 

The following people thank Rube for this post:

Richard

mosthardcore.png

12 May 2023
9.43pm
barto
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 2
4710sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello! I have been posting on beach boys forums for several years and wanted to join this space as well. Beatles and beach boys are my very favorite music of all time. I also make music under the name Darnomite. Thanks for having me and looking forward to joining the discussions 🙂 

28 June 2023
3.37am
HartoTarto
On a floor that needs sweeping
The Star-Club
Members
Forum Posts: 68

Hi Hi Hi there! I’m Harto lol (not my actual name as I prefer not to share it). This is my first time messaging in a forum so I thought it’d be best to type here paul-mccartney-thumb_gif
Found out about this site from looking at sources listed from Wikipedia for their page on the Beatles history timeline and am planning to read up all this cool stuff here. Quite comprehensive, I’d say! (Tho I’m not sure if there may be some mistakes here or there (not everywhere) because I’m not a hardcore Beatles historian haha) 

I got obsessed over the Beatles because of my English teacher of all things. She said that Help is the best album once and I thought “But is it really?”. I decided to listen to all their music then. Now, I’d put it lower in my favourites (even though Yesterday ’s really good). My two favs (cause i can’t decide on a single one) is Magical Mystery Tour (love the psychedelia) and A Hard Day’s Night (I share the same bday as its UK release and so that’s nice)

Dunno what else to write so (hello) goodbye! Hope this site gets more traction

The following people thank HartoTarto for this post:

Richard, Rube

Maybe the walrus is the friends we made along the way

28 June 2023
12.43pm
Joe
Pepperland
Admin
Forum Posts: 5694
4712sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey @HartoTarto, welcome to the forum! Make yourself at home.

If there are any inaccuracies or mistakes it’s my fault (I’m the site owner), but people normally post corrections in the comments so it’s getting better all the time. I’m pretty sure it’s mostly OK though.

The following people thank Joe for this post:

HartoTarto, Richard, Rube

Can buy me love! Please consider supporting the Beatles Bible on Amazon
Or buy my paperback/ebook! Riding So High – The Beatles and Drugs

Don't miss The Bowie Bible – now live!

28 June 2023
5.12pm
quackman
St Peters Church
Members
Forum Posts: 13
4713sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello, I’m new to the forum as well as The Beatles!

I figured I’d introduce myself by relaying how I finally got into The Beatles way “late” now that I’m in my mid-30s.  I didn’t think much about music as a 90s kid (though I remember my dad was against these Beatles hippies), then in my teens I fell in love with ’70s+ artists like Queen and Bowie.  Like everyone in the world I knew who The Beatles were, but went most of my life thinking they were just some boring, early rock band who only played stuff like “I Saw Her Standing There ,” “Love Me Do ,” “Back In The USSR ,” and most of their earlier catalog I’d hear.

Then in my 20s a British-loving friend helped me realize a couple of weird/psychedelic 60s songs I’ve always loved hearing were actually by The Beatles, such as the dissonant Strawberry Fields Forever and even Come Together .  Hearing Revolution #9 was a revelation in what these guys were capable of, “Did I accidentally queue up some John cage in the middle of The Beatles?!” I figured okay, they had some strange later hits; it was the 60s after all. I also assumed they “broke up bc they got bad and started to truly dislike each other because of it.”
Finally, fast forward to last year, a nice man, who also posts on here, reintroduced me to these guys with his book “Into the Sky with Diamonds.” As a kid, I was always into reading about astronomy from a scientific point of view… but didn’t know much about the practical history.  Reverse with The Beatles: even as I got older I had only a”popular/practical” knowledge of who they were, just a passing interest in their songs.  Reading this book filled in both holes, especially when listening along with The Beatles’ discography.  I learned a lot about the history/development of the American space program instead of just who Neil Armstrong and John Glenn were.  The book’s connecting those massive, popular space achievements with a massively popular and original band really started to make sense of just how significant each one of these world-changers were since they could compete for my interest (and I’m sure many others’).  The enjoyably written narrative made it a fun, easy read (currently listening to Halstead’s audiobook version).

Now for my specific interest in Beatles Bible: couple months ago, The Beatles hooked me in for almost a whole day with their discography on random… Every other song was catching my ear, including their “one-time boring” earlier stuff. I needed answers to every song question I could think of–which album, songwriter(s), all the weird instruments… and fast before the next song would steal my attention away.  So I started quickly Googling and after speeding through different sites each time for the best info, I eventually realized one site had everything I wanted to know and more, all cleanly laid out, kept-current, etc.–Beatles Bible.  Your main wiki is as helpful as I’ve already mentioned, and this also seems like a lovely, tight-knit board full of Beatles fanatics.  A site to stick with for every Beatles listening session.

First/current favorite album: Sgt. Pepper ‘s Lonely Hearts Club Band, as IMO it’s their first experimental breakout not just in album-concept, but in how they mixed some hard rockers like the intro with plenty of strange/dissonant songs like Lucy or Mr. Kite.  The only thing missing from here is Revolution #9…

The following people thank quackman for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Into the Sky with Diamonds, Richard, HartoTarto, Rube
28 June 2023
10.52pm
Richard
North of England
Apple rooftop
Members
4714sp_Permalink sp_Print

That’s an interesting introduction. paul-mccartney-thumb_gif Welcome to the forum, @quackman!john-lennon-salute_gif

Rube, quackman

And in the end

uk-flag-v-small-3.png

1 July 2023
10.24pm
Rube
United Kingdom
Candlestick Park
Members
4715sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome to our Beatles family @HartoTarto and @quackman! john-lennon-salute_gifheart

The following people thank Rube for this post:

Richard, HartoTarto, quackman

mosthardcore.png

28 July 2023
9.45pm
his weeping guitar
ringo's bass drum
Decca
Members
Forum Posts: 88

Hello! 

My name is Marley and I have been an avid Beatles fan since I was seven (and I don’t plan on that changing)! My grandpa was the one that introduced me to the band, as he grew up with their music. Every morning he would blast their songs from his office in the basement, and I would pretend to hate every second of it. Some of the Beatles’ music has a sort of nostalgic feel to me, and some is brand new! I hope to learn even more about the Fab Four on this fantastic website and engage with other devoted fans!!

The following people thank his weeping guitar for this post:

Beatlebug, HartoTarto, Richard, Ahhh Girl, Rube

' I was half an hour looking for the sugar!'

sugar-2.jpeg

29 July 2023
12.27am
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
4717sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome to the forum, @his weeping guitar! I was 8 years old when I fell in love with the Beatles, so I think we have a bit in common a-hard-days-night-john-6 I look forward to seeing you around. john-lennon-salute_gif

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

Richard, his weeping guitar, his weeping guitar, Rube

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

29 July 2023
1.25am
HartoTarto
On a floor that needs sweeping
The Star-Club
Members
Forum Posts: 68
4718sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello there @his weeping guitar ! Like Beatlebug said, welcome!

There really is a lot of Beatles info here, like really (all thanks to Joe who documents all of this) so read your heart out

Anyways, check out some of the forums also. It’s a cool place. See ya!john-lennon-salute_gif

The following people thank HartoTarto for this post:

Beatlebug, Richard, his weeping guitar, Rube

Maybe the walrus is the friends we made along the way

29 July 2023
12.50pm
StrawberrySauce
Penny Lane
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 153

Hello @his weeping guitar!

Hope we’ll get along, Have a nice time here!a-hard-days-night-john-6

The following people thank StrawberrySauce for this post:

Richard, his weeping guitar, Rube
29 July 2023
9.31pm
Richard
North of England
Apple rooftop
Members
4720sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome to the forum, @his weeping guitar!john-lennon-salute_gif 

HartoTarto, his weeping guitar, Rube

And in the end

uk-flag-v-small-3.png

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22223, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694