Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Introduce yourself to the forum!
8 June 2022
11.50pm
sigh butterfly
Sea of Green (near the Golden Gate)
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4798
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4661sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome back Peppy! apple01I’m glad to hear that your life is going well! Now you’re 21, next time I’m in England the first pint is on me a-hard-days-night-john-1. Actually for a person that grew up reading Robin Hood, your current location sounds very exotic. Btw-while you were gone Silly Girl became Beatlebug and then an official mod for the forum. She can be found most days on her youtube channel  (Thin White Axe) playing tunes and speaking philosophical thoughts.a-hard-days-night-ringo-13

The following people thank sigh butterfly for this post:

pepperland, Rube

You and I have memories
Longer than the road that stretches out ahead

9 June 2022
10.37am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213
4662sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh, yes, @pepperland, I remember you heart  I’m so glad you’ve hopped back onto the forum. heartGood luck with your studies!

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

pepperland, Rube
9 June 2022
12.59pm
pepperland
vanished in the haze (England)
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 749
4663sp_Permalink sp_Print

sigh butterfly said
Welcome back Peppy! apple01I’m glad to hear that your life is going well! Now you’re 21, next time I’m in England the first pint is on me a-hard-days-night-john-1. Actually for a person that grew up reading Robin Hood, your current location sounds very exotic. Btw-while you were gone Silly Girl became Beatlebug and then an official mod for the forum. She can be found most days on her youtube channel  (Thin White Axe) playing tunes and speaking philosophical thoughts.a-hard-days-night-ringo-13

I think I just caught when Silly Girl became Beatlebug at the time, but didn’t know @Beatlebug was a mod?? Awesome to hear, I’m a big fan. And I’ve seen the Thin White Axe youtube, it’s great.

Honestly, if you @sigh butterfly or anyone else are ever in the area, I would never decline a pint or any sort of meetup (although technically the drinking age is 18 here so I’m not particularly new to the activity!)

And I tend to forget that Nottingham’s kinda famous. I stumbled across a big statue of Robin Hood once when I was trying to walk home at 3am with a dead phone. I mean it was pretty dark but I’m fairly sure it was him, due to the bow and arrow he had and all.

The following people thank pepperland for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, Rube

Times I find it hard to say / With useless words getting in my waySuprised about this one.Sad about this one

9 June 2022
1.02pm
pepperland
Hollywood Bowl
Members
4664sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
Oh, yes, @pepperland, I remember you heart  I’m so glad you’ve hopped back onto the forum. heartGood luck with your studies!

Thanks @Ahhh Girl, I’m so happy to see that you’re still so active. The forum wouldn’t be the same without you. heart And thanks for the luck! I’ll probably need it. a-hard-days-night-ringo-8

Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, Rube

Times I find it hard to say / With useless words getting in my waySuprised about this one.Sad about this one

9 June 2022
4.08pm
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5444
4665sp_Permalink sp_Print

pepperland said
Hi everyone. john-lennon-salute_gif

My name is Sean so you can call me that or pepperland or peppy or whatever.

I’m not new really as I’ve been on this site for many years, I was around from 2012-2018, with several of those years being a daily user and poster. I wonder if anyone remembers me? a-hard-days-night-john-6

So yeah, hi again. Sorry for buggering off and I’m excited to hopefully reunite with some old friends and maybe even make some new ones!

Sorry for the long post!

I definitely remember you, Pepperland , nice to see that red-shirted avatar again! Welcome back! apple01

The following people thank vonbontee for this post:

pepperland, Rube

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

9 June 2022
7.14pm
pepperland
Hollywood Bowl
Members
4666sp_Permalink sp_Print

vonbontee said

I definitely remember you, Pepperland , nice to see that red-shirted avatar again! Welcome back! apple01

Thanks @vonbontee! It’s good to be back, I too remember you very well. So glad you’re still active after all these years. apple01

vonbontee, Rube

9 June 2022
8.40pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
4667sp_Permalink sp_Print

AHHH WELCOME BACK @pepperland I THOUGHT YOU’D DROPPED OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH

oh my god the absolute cringe emails we used to send each other…. [flashbacks]

Anyway it’s grand to have you back! Eager to see you around heartheartheart

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

pepperland

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

10 June 2022
9.03am
pepperland
Hollywood Bowl
Members
4668sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beatlebug said
AHHH WELCOME BACK @pepperland I THOUGHT YOU’D DROPPED OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH

oh my god the absolute cringe emails we used to send each other…. [flashbacks]

Anyway it’s grand to have you back! Eager to see you around heartheartheart

I’m very glad to see you again @Beatlebug, I promise I’ll never disappear for a long time again, unless I’m actually dead which I’ll try not to do for a while.

And true the emails did start to get a bit crazy by the end but I think my wroting’s gotten a bit better now, being how ancient I’ve now become.

Thanks for the welcome, from you and all the rest, it did warm me old heart. heartheartheart

11 June 2022
5.11am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
4669sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey @pepperland ! Been a long long long time ahdn_john_08_gif

Glad to hear you’ve been doing well. Hope to see you round more!

Would love to hear more about your course, that sounds mighty interesting (I did a similar course as a high school subject but ended up opting for Engineering for uni…)

pepperland said
<snip> And I tend to forget that Nottingham’s kinda famous. <snip>

Well, I write this while watching the live test match between England and NZ that’s being played at Trent Bridge, Nottingham, so it’s famous for more than one thing, tooa-hard-days-night-john-6

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

pepperland, Rube, Beatlebug

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

11 June 2022
11.06am
pepperland
Hollywood Bowl
Members
4670sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey there @The Hole Got Fixed! Long time no see. Congrats on being a mod now! I don’t think you were one last time I was here if I recall.

The Hole Got Fixed said

Well, I write this while watching the live test match between England and NZ that’s being played at Trent Bridge, Nottingham, so it’s famous for more than one thing, tooa-hard-days-night-john-6

I’m not a cricket fan meself really, but I’ve played a few little games of football on a field just down the road from Trent Bridge! – and I’ve got a friend who I’ve been to see play at the rugby club right next door too. Small world innit. a-hard-days-night-john-3

The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug

13 June 2022
9.12am
Rube
United Kingdom
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1395
4671sp_Permalink sp_Print

It’s lovely to meet you @pepperland. It’s great to hear you are doing well and good luck with your studies. Nottingham is where Jake Bugg, one of my favourite artists is from. 

Winner of Most Hardcore Beatles Bible Fan 2021

mosthardcore.png

15 June 2022
3.38pm
Pennys Poppies
France
The Cavern Club
Members
Forum Posts: 78
4672sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello everyone !

I’m French and it’s been a year since I became obsessed passionate about the Beatles thanks to youtube which recommended the intro of the game Rockband to me, I loved the style so much (especially the moment when the plane lands with Paperback Writer ) that I wanted to know more about this group. I only knew the big classics (Let it Be, Yesterday , Eleanor Rigby (I always loved this song), Penny Lane , She Loves You ..) a lot of Paul’s a-hard-days-night-paul-7  Musically, I don’t have a particular period, I like them all very much. (But aesthetically, I have a preference for the 64-65 period) I love Rubber Soul , Sgt Peppers, Abbey Road and Revolver (I admit for this one, it took me several listens to fully appreciate it mal-evans). As for our 4 guys, I’m going to be ORIGINAL by saying that I really like John and Paul. For John, I am especially fascinated by the man, much more complex than the cliché “Peace And Love”, John&Yoko..).

For their solo period, I really like Paul’s work. (Ram paul-mccartney-thumb_gif) Finally, I love to draw, play video games (Zelda and Silent Hill are among my favorite licenses) and cinema (generally the old ones, I really like the old Hollywood period or filmmakers like Scorsese (by the way, I have to find his documentary about George, it seems to be excellent ! )

PS : This is a serious message to everybody reading my…message : I use Google Trad and my knowledge for write in english, so if there are some weird phrases and mistakes don’t be surprise. I’m warning you with Peace &Love a-hard-days-night-ringo-15

The following people thank Pennys Poppies for this post:

sigh butterfly, Ahhh Girl, Richard
16 June 2022
2.43am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
4673sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey @Pennys Poppies ! Welcome to the forum.

The Rockband intro is absolutely amazing, I’m glad it convinced you to explore the Beatles!

a-hard-days-night-john-6

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

Rube, Pennys Poppies

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

16 June 2022
3.50am
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5777
4674sp_Permalink sp_Print

Shouting out Ram is a great way to introduce yourself, you may be disappointed to know it’ll be tough to find music much better than that, but that’s why we are always searching for unheard material and relistening. Welcome

The following people thank sir walter raleigh for this post:

meaigs, Beatlebug, Pennys Poppies

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

16 June 2022
7.26am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213
4675sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome, @Pennys Poppies! My husband’s aunt is German. I use Google translate to communicate with her. We do fine with it. You’ll be fine here on the Forum!

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Pennys Poppies
16 June 2022
8.19am
Rube
United Kingdom
Candlestick Park
Members
4676sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome to the Fab Forum @Pennys Poppies! Ram has always been one of my favourite solo Beatles albums. I don’t have a particular favourite period either as I love their entire career. You will enjoy the Living In The Material World documentary. 

The following people thank Rube for this post:

Pennys Poppies

mosthardcore.png

16 June 2022
11.59am
Pennys Poppies
France
The Cavern Club
Members
Forum Posts: 78
4677sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thank you for this warm welcome!

The following people thank Pennys Poppies for this post:

Rube
16 June 2022
3.17pm
Richard
North of England
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5274
4678sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome, @Pennys Poppies! john-lennon-salute_gif I hope you enjoy the forum.

Rubber Soul , Sgt Pepper , Abbey Road , Revolver and Ram are all great choices. paul-mccartney-thumb_gif

The following people thank Richard for this post:

Rube, Pennys Poppies

And in the end

The love you take is equal to the love you make

uk-flag-v-small-3.png

25 June 2022
12.32am
Maddingway
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 8
4679sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello, I just signed up! I like the Beatles obviously so I figured I should register here and see what everyone’s saying. Like many people I’m piggybacking off the Get Back documentary. Also like many people I’m someone who was raised on the Beatles so their discography is very much part of my DNA. My dad raised me right I tell you.

I’ll probably keep my posts limited to the movies since I’m better with visuals but once I conjure up something to say about the music then I’ll post that too. I’m a musician myself but I never learned to read music (I’m a singer, I always failed out of choir competitions because I can’t sight read) and I only just inherited my dad’s guitar. (He’s not dead or anything, I just decided I wanted to learn how to use it.)

I have many different hobbies but the biggest one right now is my hyperfixation on the boys. Such beautiful men and so talented too.

The following people thank Maddingway for this post:

Rube, meaigs, Pennys Poppies, Ahhh Girl, Richard
25 June 2022
12.02pm
Rube
United Kingdom
Candlestick Park
Members
4680sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome to the Fab Forum @Maddingway! a-hard-days-night-john-6a-hard-days-night-paul-8ahdn_george_08ahdn_ringo_09

mosthardcore.png

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: PauliesGirl
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5510
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691