Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Introduce yourself to the forum!
5 January 2021
12.26pm
EasyZyder
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 2
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4561sp_Permalink sp_Print

Still feeling my way with these posts....

Below is a pic of the badge I never got. Poor old Ringo ended up in a drawer.

Plastic Beatles badge

My bruv and I became massive Beatles fans. We never saw them live but bought all the singles, most of the albums and watched all the movies.

I still listen to them today (mainly via my Spotify playlist) and always favoured John's songs. Strawberry Fields Forever and Tomorrow Never Knows still have a special place in my soul.

It's impossible to properly describe how the emotional impact of their songs affected kids like us at the time. I thought they were so creative and totally different to everyone else on the music scene.

Sadly my brother died unexpectedly in his mid-50s. We played Across The Universe at his funeral.

The following people thank EasyZyder for this post:

Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl, The Hole Got Fixed
5 January 2021
1.02pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 17481
4562sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome to the forum @EasyZyder! It's always very cool to hear from fans who lived through Beatlemania. Sorry to hear of your loss of your brother, too - Across The Universe is a beautiful tribute, though. heart

it verges from the sublime to the ridiculote
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
ScotsIrishFlag-1.jpeg creativehmmavatars.png Vietnam Heritage and Freedom Flag
StarSpangledBanner.png

5 January 2021
2.39pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 19728
4563sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, there's always ebay if you still need that John badge.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THE.....Swi2Rf1qlP

Sorry to hear about your bruv's passing. Good song for his funeral. 

The Beatles still pack that emotional punch after all these years. If you haven't discovered it yet, many of our posters are very young.

If you need any help navigating the forum, please ask. We are glad to help. You may find this thread helpful: https://www.beatlesbible.com/f.....-facets/ 

15 January 2021
7.26pm
Soapchick
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 2
4564sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello everyone. I found this site by randomly searching for some information - I forget exactly what information.

Long story short, I'm probably one of the oldest people here because I can actually remember when the Beatles came to America, in fact, to my home town of New York City when I was 8 1/2. I remember Beatlemania well. I remember the hot day when my parents took us to see A Hard Day's Night in August 1964. We were expecting a piece of trash (we would have loved it anyway) and it turned out to be awesome. 

Recently I've began to think of the events of the 60s and inevitably it led me back to the Beatles. I rediscovered my love for them. I am now obsessed with learning about them. There is so much we weren't told...

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: meanmistermustard, AppleScruffJunior, William Shears Campbell, Magill
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16007
Ron Nasty: 11196
50yearslate: 8714
Necko: 7930
AppleScruffJunior: 7296
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6403
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
sir walter raleigh: 5244
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2607
Moderators: 6
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 4972
Newest Members:
theplasticmac, All You Need Is Cash, MagicalMysteryTourettes, Soapchick, NightFalcon500
Moderators: Joe: 5190, Zig: 9812, meanmistermustard: 23534, Ahhh Girl: 19728, Beatlebug: 17481, The Hole Got Fixed: 8111
Administrators: Joe: 5190