Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Introduce yourself to the forum!
5 January 2021
2.39pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 19921
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4561sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, there's always ebay if you still need that John badge.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THE.....Swi2Rf1qlP

Sorry to hear about your bruv's passing. Good song for his funeral. 

The Beatles still pack that emotional punch after all these years. If you haven't discovered it yet, many of our posters are very young.

If you need any help navigating the forum, please ask. We are glad to help. You may find this thread helpful: https://www.beatlesbible.com/f.....-facets/ 

15 January 2021
7.26pm
Soapchick
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 2
4562sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello everyone. I found this site by randomly searching for some information - I forget exactly what information.

Long story short, I'm probably one of the oldest people here because I can actually remember when the Beatles came to America, in fact, to my home town of New York City when I was 8 1/2. I remember Beatlemania well. I remember the hot day when my parents took us to see A Hard Day's Night in August 1964. We were expecting a piece of trash (we would have loved it anyway) and it turned out to be awesome. 

Recently I've began to think of the events of the 60s and inevitably it led me back to the Beatles. I rediscovered my love for them. I am now obsessed with learning about them. There is so much we weren't told...

The following people thank Soapchick for this post:

Von Bontee, kelicopter
20 March 2021
9.39pm
hauserplenty
At the Denis
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 1
4563sp_Permalink sp_Print

How do you do...?

I'm Hauserplenty. Nice to be here. 

I first became aware of the Beatles by stealing Mom's records. The one with the plants and the bass drum on it I thought I'd save for later--after I'd listened to the earlier ones. Her collection started with the Beatles' second album, succinctly titled for the American market as "The Beatles' Second Album" so I figured I'd start there. I couldn't tell their voices apart, and really had no idea who played what yet, but I do remember playing Ringo's songs first, which Mom thought was a real hoot. She asked me who was my favorite Beatle, then said Paul was her favorite, so I chose Ringo. I got a practice pad and drumsticks not long afterward. Matched grip was so common in the mid-1980's that I took it for granted, and had no idea he had actually popularized it.  By the time I got around to playing Sgt. Pepper , it blew my mind so bad I spent a week on each song. 

So a bit later on, I was in the right place at the right time. After a brief stint as The Wonder Boy, I realized I had much more work to do, so I switched to bass, and  on it continues. Dreams do come true, but not always in the way one thinks they might. God has a plan. Many are called, but few are chosen. So I fired my agent and waited for the old contract to run out. Along the way I learned about How It Works. It wasn't how I thought at first...but I must say, I'm quite happy with my new representation. I don't know where I'd be if my jazz elders hadn't put up with me, so thanks to them all; they know who they are.

I'm known for my insouciance, as well as a somewhat...arid...sense of humor (as we say in the American.) John wouldn't change his drawing style, so I wouldn't let Them change that about me. But I've no wish to repeat the same mistakes. It's time to study Music, and get out of failure mode. So I'm off to play my 4-wired ostrich egg slicer. Goes well with the drooms, Y'know loike. If 45 years of never getting with the program have taught me one thing, it is that: 

Great artists steal.

And Love is all you need. --That Occam bloke who had the Gillette account (sic)

Now, what am I going to do with all my debb and duff books?...

...Had you remembering these owld custard of Boldy Street blowing?

We are not happy with her Queen Victorious Monologue, but...

...The Mersey Boat is selling another three copies to some go home foreigners who went home.

20210124_104909.jpg

22 March 2021
9.20pm
DumdyDrumrum
A Beginning
Members
4564sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello fellow Beatle fans!! Longtime lurker, first time poster. HUGE thanks for all the joy this site has brought and cheer's to many more! I've been playing drums for 40 odd years and  still get excited to hear how driving 'She Loves You ' is. I dabble in graphics and hope you like the logo I made.Cheer's!!!  finished-logo-5%-2.0-2.jpgImage Enlarger

The following people thank DumdyDrumrum for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Richard
22 March 2021
10.02pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8192
4565sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome, @DumdyDrumrum ! Glad to hear this site has brought you joy over the years. Hope you enjoy it for many more!

Your logo hasn't formatted properly - you may need to re-upload it?

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

DumdyDrumrum

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

22 March 2021
10.43pm
Richard
North of England
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3031
4566sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome, @DumdyDrumrum! john-lennon-salute_gif Thank you for your kind words.

I'm looking forward to seeing your logo.

The following people thank Richard for this post:

DumdyDrumrum

And in the end

The love you take is equal to the love you make

uk-flag-v-small-3.png

23 March 2021
12.38am
DumdyDrumrum
A Beginning
Members
4567sp_Permalink sp_Print

Maybe, just maybe.

View post on imgur.com

The following people thank DumdyDrumrum for this post:

Richard, The Hole Got Fixed
1 April 2021
4.56am
DylanRandall
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 1

Hello, i'm new here, glad to join you! c:

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16016
Ron Nasty: 11336
Zig: 9821
50yearslate: 8722
Necko: 7940
AppleScruffJunior: 7353
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6403
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2669
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 4998
Newest Members:
cotonboy, eyeksi, SunQueen, KMWL, zeke1369
Moderators: Joe: 5202, meanmistermustard: 23718, Ahhh Girl: 19921, Beatlebug: 17597, The Hole Got Fixed: 8192
Administrators: Joe: 5202