Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Introduce yourself to the forum!
5 May 2020
12.37pm
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3761
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4501sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello everyone, I am @sigh butterfly . Nice to meet you all a-hard-days-night-john-6

Screen-Shot-2020-05-05-at-11.19.43.pngImage Enlarger

The following people thank QuarryMan for this post:

Beatlebug, lovelyritametermaid, Von Bontee, sigh butterfly, The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars, CakeMaestor, Turn Left At Greenland

I've been up on the mountain, and I've seen his wondrous grace,
I've sat there on the barstool and I've looked him in the face.
He seemed a little haggard, but it did not slow him down,
he was humming to the neon of the universal sound. 

5 May 2020
6.38pm
sigh butterfly
Sea of Green (near the Golden Gate)
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4798
4502sp_Permalink sp_Print

Very creative username paul-mccartney-thumb_gif @QuarryMan Unknown-2.jpeg

The following people thank sigh butterfly for this post:

QuarryMan, lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, The Hole Got Fixed, Ahhh Girl, WeepingAtlasCedars, CakeMaestor, Turn Left At Greenland, vonbontee

You and I have memories
Longer than the road that stretches out ahead

19 May 2020
3.47pm
KaosTictaw
Banned From The forum
London Palladium
Guests
Forum Posts: 107
4503sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello, Beatles, I am @KaosTictaw. Garry Crimble.

The following people thank KaosTictaw for this post:

Jules

I am not right, I am right.

19 May 2020
7.39pm
Jules
In your wildest dreams
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 690
4504sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello @KaosTictaw, welcome to the forum. Your pic always cracks me up, I’ve seen you’ve posted in a number of threads and I like you’re concise and determined. I’m relatively new to the forum but I hope to see you around, cheersjohn-lennon-salute_gifjohn-lennon-salute_gif

the watusi

the twist

19 May 2020
9.43pm
KaosTictaw
Banned From The forum
London Palladium
Guests
Forum Posts: 107

Many greetings, @Jules . I would like to extend my Beatley greetings to you and all of the other Forumpudlians. 

The following people thank KaosTictaw for this post:

Jules, sir walter raleigh

I am not right, I am right.

8 June 2020
2.59am
Oar05
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 2
4506sp_Permalink sp_Print

skye said
Hello. How are you?

Tell us something about yourself. Smile

tumblr_m4zc0hMyHr1rwcc6bo1_400.gifImage Enlarger

Hi! I’m a 14 year old (will be 15 the 2nd of September) Norwegian boy who loves the Beatles. I got interested in Beatles because of my dad. I remember finding his mini disc player with pre-recorded Beatles songs. I remember laying in bed while listening to “I Am The Walrus ”, and imagining me sitting on a cornflake (which I thought was weird). And then there was We Can Work It Out . Maybe my earliest memory of the Beatles. I loved and still love that song, but I didn’t know what the name of the song was(it did not say in the screen, because ha had not put any title)! I know, it’s pretty obvious that it’s We Can Work It Out , because they sing it all the time, but I didn’t know that much English. That’s one of the wonderful feelings about music, where you like a song that much, but you don’t know the name, so you go on a long quest to find out. I didn’t want to ask my dad because (I don’t remember). Sooo everyday after that, I took my dads iPod and began listening to the Beatles. I have not jumped into the pool of different songs yet, so I was just listening to for example let it be or Hey Jude .

Later, when my family visited my grandma and grandpa, I fell in love with the vinyl format. I had a little bit of experience before that (it was just putting on a Swedish record called “mor sjunger”, which my grandma liked), but when I looked through her collection, I found the compilation album: The Beatles Rock And Roll Music . It was sooo cool! My grandma said that I could have it, so I took it to the nest destination: our cabin (it was summer break I think, so we had a lot of time). Every day, when I woke up, I took the big black discs out and studied them. It was this big mystery about this band with all the old songs. 
And then it was time to go home. AND I FORGOT THE RECORD. I know it’s weird that you can forget a thing that you care about so much and wondering how it’s going to sound. But either way, when I got home I went on the local used market (it’s on the internet. Finn.no.) and found a record player for 30$. My mom said that I could have it with her money, so we went and bought it. I already had speakers, and I hooked it up to my CD player (without grounding, so when I turned up the volume it was a LOT of this buzzing sound). And after that I went out and asked all my neighbors if they have any records. And then I came to the last neighbor which was a record collector (I did not know that!), and he gave me a kool and the gang record. Yes he gave me it and I was so happy because it was my first (and second) record in mint condition :)). I went home and played it. A LOT. 
And then a bit time after that we went to my grandmothers cabin (they did not have a record player at that place). One day we went to a place called “marknad” which means market. There my dad bought – little bit overpriced Beatles records (I didn’t know anything about how much they should cost), but it was okay (not that much more expensive). So the albums he bought for me was: the White Album , Past Masters , revolver and Pink Floyd the wall (not original pressings, except for Past Masters ). When I got home (to their cabin) again, I found the pictures of the four Beatles. I was so happy because the guy at the marked said that it wasn’t complete (I didn’t know that the White Album was supposed to come with a poster, so the guy was right) but there it had the pictures, in the middle of the sleeve inside. 

So we went home and after going to my grandmothers place (not cabin so they had a record player) AGAIN, it just took off. I went to my first visit of a record store and bought Abbas Waterloo and the Beatles in Hamburg for a dollar each. I also took home moms records (Michael Jackson dangerous and off the wall and madonnas I’m breathless) And that’s the weekend I switched from spending all my pocket money on games, to records. I got a new turntable for Xmas (at-120X USB), so now I could trust my record player. And oh, I almost forgot: before Xmas I went to my grandpas place, and he liked the same music as me. There, from his collection, I took home a rare norwegian Paul McCartney single (I take GOOD care of my records. Also at that time, because then records was so exclusive and rare for me), Give My Regards To Broad Street , record two of the Red Album (the rest of it was lost and still is) and Venus And Mars . Later I got a deal with him that I could take 10 records from his collection every time I’m there (he has a really good collection from the 70’s. All from the red and the blue albums to Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin).

Now I listen to the Beatles every day, both streaming and records (mostly records). If you want to see my collection, here is the link: will post it separately because it won’t work (I don’t have that many records, but the collection is growing fast! Remember I have not collected records for even a year yet.). 

The following people thank Oar05 for this post:

Jules, CakeMaestor, Getbackintheussr, KyleKartan
8 June 2020
3.00am
Oar05
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 2
4507sp_Permalink sp_Print

The following people thank Oar05 for this post:

Jules, CakeMaestor, Von Bontee
8 June 2020
4.44am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
4508sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey @Oar05 ! Great to meet you.

That’s quite a story you’ve got there! 

I totally agree about going on a quest to find a name of a song – we’ve all been there, and it’s so satisfying to find the name at the end!

I look forward to seeing you around!

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

8 June 2020
8.34am
Jules
In your wildest dreams
Hollywood Bowl
Members
4509sp_Permalink sp_Print

Finally someone younger than me, hey @Oar05 many greetings. As long as you stay around you’ll have lots of interesting stuff to read and respond to ’round here. Welcomejohn-lennon-salute_gifjohn-lennon-salute_gif

the watusi

the twist

8 June 2020
8.42am
CakeMaestor
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 767
4510sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Oar05 Greetings. Welcome to the forum lad. That’s quite the story you’ve got there, and we hope your journey ahead will be just as interesting. If you’d like to learn about all the nitty-gritty pieces of detail in the Beatles’s career, the Beatles Bible will be quite the encyclopedia for you. Any other questions you have doubts with, feel free to ask anyone for recommendations or new information, including myself. 

Once again, welcome to the forum, and we hope you’ll stay.

We do a little trolling

- Faul

8 June 2020
11.13am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22240
4511sp_Permalink sp_Print

What a lovely story, @Oar05! Thank you for telling us how you got into the Beatles. Yay for a dad and grandparents with good musical taste and for keeping their records in good shape.

I see that you have Rubber Soul . How do you like the song Norwegian Wood ?

Your command of written English is superb. Are you comfortable hearing and speaking the language now?

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Von Bontee
8 June 2020
9.32pm
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5457
4512sp_Permalink sp_Print

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

14 July 2020
4.34am
KyleKartan
Germany
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 387

Hello all. 33 year old german guy. Have read and lurked that page and forum lots and lots of times and finally joined the Forum.

I’ve been into the Music of the 50’s, 60’s, 70’s and 80’s since my teenage years and have been a big fan of Elvis Presley during my adolasence. I’ve known a few Beatles Songs back then but mostly the very common ones (Help , She loves you, Let it be, Yellow Submarine ) and some of the ones Elvis had covered during his Touring era in the 70’s (Yesterday , Hey Jude ). Beside that I didnt have much Connection to the Beatles and considered them rivales to the King.

In my twenties that started to change. I read the article of the Rolling Stones Magazines about best Albums of all time which featured Stg. Pepper on #1. That got me curious and I loved the cover of the Album. I got my hands on the digital copies of all the Beatles UK LPs through a friend. I started to read about them and their influence in Music and Pop culture. I started getting interested in their history and Music and how they evolved during their rather “short” time of existence. So I decided to listen myself through their entire catalogue of LPs. I started with Please Please Me and ended with Let it Be. I was mind blown by their muscial evolution, their harmonies and lyrcis, by their way of making music and arranging Songs. I noticed how clever and artistic they had become with each Album they recorded and how they made it possible for Pop Music to be as sophisticated. I started to LOVE LOVE LOVE them. At the gym I listend to their Albums again and again not getting tired of them. I started to watch documentaries about them on YT and their individual ways after splitting apart. I became a dedicated and passionate Beatles fan.

Nowadays the LPs are always on my Ipod for listening to whenever I want. I own the Beatles Stereo and Mono Box sets from 2009, the red and Blue Album , the Yellow Submarine Songtrack , Live At The BBC Volumes 1 and 2, Everything Anthology (CDs, Book, DVD Set) and the movies A Hard Days Night, Help , Yellow Submarine and The Touringyears on Bluray (I’ll get Magical Mystery Tour eventually). Everything is still sealed and save. My girlfriend and I were on my first ever Beatles Tribute Band Concert in January of this year for my birthday (“All You Need Is Love ” The Beatles Musical) and we visited Abby Road last year for our first ever trip to the UK. It was magical walking over that street and seeing the recording Studio were so much Magic happend.

I love the Beatles very much and are obsessed with their Music, their cultural Impact, their individual characters and unique style. I think each of them brought something to tabel to make them as fantastic and great as they were and even by the end when the split was about to happen their talent and dedication made amazing music possible like on Abby Road and Let it Be. A dream would be to see Paul and Ringo live on Stage one day. I dont have a favorite Album because I think each of the Albums Shows their Evolution, their state of mind and state of artistic Level they were on. There would not be a White Album without Please Please Me , there would not be a Stg. Pepper without Help . All of their Albums and Past Masters are part of their amazing legacy and bring something important and unqiue to the table for us fans.

Beside that I love STAR WARS, Harry Potter and movies in General. Iam a huge Soundtrack buff and work out alot. I use the time at the gym to check out new Music and audiobooks and relax from work.

The following people thank KyleKartan for this post:

CakeMaestor, vonbontee, Jules, kelicopter, Ahhh Girl, WeepingAtlasCedars, QuarryMan

For the Benefit of Mr. Kyle

14 July 2020
6.00am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
4514sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome to the forum, @KyleKartan ! 

I was mind blown by their muscial evolution, their harmonies and lyrcis, by their way of making music and arranging Songs. I noticed how clever and artistic they had become with each Album they recorded and how they made it possible for Pop Music to be as sophisticated. 

This is such a perfect way of putting it. They were way ahead of their time, that’s for sure!

I hope you enjoy yourself around here!

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

KyleKartan

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

14 July 2020
6.40am
CakeMaestor
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 767
4515sp_Permalink sp_Print

KyleKartan said
Hello all. 33 year old german guy. Have read and lurked that page and forum lots and lots of times and finally joined the Forum.

I’ve been into the Music of the 50’s, 60’s, 70’s and 80’s since my teenage years and have been a big fan of Elvis Presley during my adolasence. I’ve known a few Beatles Songs back then but mostly the very common ones (Help , She loves you, Let it be, Yellow Submarine ) and some of the ones Elvis had covered during his Touring era in the 70’s (Yesterday , Hey Jude ). Beside that I didnt have much Connection to the Beatles and considered them rivales to the King.

In my twenties that started to change. I read the article of the Rolling Stones Magazines about best Albums of all time which featured Stg. Pepper on #1. That got me curious and I loved the cover of the Album. I got my hands on the digital copies of all the Beatles UK LPs through a friend. I started to read about them and their influence in Music and Pop culture. I started getting interested in their history and Music and how they evolved during their rather “short” time of existence. So I decided to listen myself through their entire catalogue of LPs. I started with Please Please Me and ended with Let it Be. I was mind blown by their muscial evolution, their harmonies and lyrcis, by their way of making music and arranging Songs. I noticed how clever and artistic they had become with each Album they recorded and how they made it possible for Pop Music to be as sophisticated. I started to LOVE LOVE LOVE them. At the gym I listend to their Albums again and again not getting tired of them. I started to watch documentaries about them on YT and their individual ways after splitting apart. I became a dedicated and passionate Beatles fan.

Nowadays the LPs are always on my Ipod for listening to whenever I want. I own the Beatles Stereo and Mono Box sets from 2009, the red and Blue Album , the Yellow Submarine Songtrack , Live At The BBC Volumes 1 and 2, Everything Anthology (CDs, Book, DVD Set) and the movies A Hard Days Night, Help , Yellow Submarine and The Touringyears on Bluray (I’ll get Magical Mystery Tour eventually). Everything is still sealed and save. My girlfriend and I were on my first ever Beatles Tribute Band Concert in January of this year for my birthday (“All You Need Is Love ” The Beatles Musical) and we visited Abby Road last year for our first ever trip to the UK. It was magical walking over that street and seeing the recording Studio were so much Magic happend.

I love the Beatles very much and are obsessed with their Music, their cultural Impact, their individual characters and unique style. I think each of them brought something to tabel to make them as fantastic and great as they were and even by the end when the split was about to happen their talent and dedication made amazing music possible like on Abby Road and Let it Be. A dream would be to see Paul and Ringo live on Stage one day. I dont have a favorite Album because I think each of the Albums Shows their Evolution, their state of mind and state of artistic Level they were on. There would not be a White Album without Please Please Me , there would not be a Stg. Pepper without Help . All of their Albums and Past Masters are part of their amazing legacy and bring something important and unqiue to the table for us fans.

Beside that I love STAR WARS, Harry Potter and movies in General. Iam a huge Soundtrack buff and work out alot. I use the time at the gym to check out new Music and audiobooks and relax from work.

@KyleKartan Greetings, my fellow Star Wars fan. I too love Star Wars, and I have probably played “Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic” more times than I could count. Have I mentioned that I love Star Wars?

Jokes aside, welcome to the forum. The mods here are quite active and they are very friendly, so do ask them for any help should you need any. And as always, we hope you have a pleasant time, and we sincerely hope you’ll stay.

Side note: I like Star Wars (oh, and the Beatles, I suppose).

The following people thank CakeMaestor for this post:

KyleKartan

We do a little trolling

- Faul

14 July 2020
7.23am
KyleKartan
Germany
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 387
4516sp_Permalink sp_Print

The Hole Got Fixed said
Welcome to the forum, @KyleKartan ! 

I was mind blown by their muscial evolution, their harmonies and lyrcis, by their way of making music and arranging Songs. I noticed how clever and artistic they had become with each Album they recorded and how they made it possible for Pop Music to be as sophisticated. 

This is such a perfect way of putting it. They were way ahead of their time, that’s for sure!

I hope you enjoy yourself around here!

Thank you! I’ve tried to get my Feelings down about the Music of the Beatles and how it evolved over time. English isnt my first language so I sometimes struggle to put my thoughts down clearly and with the right words.

CakeMaestor said

KyleKartan said

@KyleKartan Greetings, my fellow Star Wars fan. I too love Star Wars, and I have probably played “Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic” more times than I could count. Have I mentioned that I love Star Wars?

Jokes aside, welcome to the forum. The mods here are quite active and they are very friendly, so do ask them for any help should you need any. And as always, we hope you have a pleasant time, and we sincerely hope you’ll stay.

Side note: I like Star Wars (oh, and the Beatles, I suppose).

Thank you for the warm welcome! KotoR for sure is one of the most epic and best SW games ever. Played it countless times too. Glad to meet other SW fans here too.

Just browsing through some threads now. So much to discover 🙂

The following people thank KyleKartan for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed

For the Benefit of Mr. Kyle

14 July 2020
11.11am
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5446
4517sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome, Kyle, glad to have you! Stick around, explore the threads, contribute your thoughts! apple01

(Another SW fan here, although it’s primarily the 1977 original film that I obsess over, more than any other product of the franchise; I’m old enough to have seen it upon release, age 10.) 

The following people thank vonbontee for this post:

Ahhh Girl, KyleKartan

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

14 July 2020
12.14pm
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5789
4518sp_Permalink sp_Print

Big star wars fan here. Big Batman guy as well. I’m really looking forward to the new Clone Wars spinoff that was recently announced, The Bad Batch

The following people thank sir walter raleigh for this post:

KyleKartan

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

14 July 2020
12.14pm
Jules
In your wildest dreams
Hollywood Bowl
Members

hes-got-the-high-ground.gifImage Enlarger

Big movie fan as well, I’m on the Harry Potter end of things for that matter, but have seen the Star Wars films and own the original trilogy and the prequels. I love soundtracks as well, and I assume you heard of Morricone’s passing recently, to whom I dedicated a long-ass speech on here. We’ve got stuff in common, I usually work out to albums I haven’t heard before, shooting two birds in one shot. Welcome to the forum @KyleKartan.

The following people thank Jules for this post:

Ahhh Girl, KyleKartan, vonbontee

the watusi

the twist

14 July 2020
4.59pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22240
4520sp_Permalink sp_Print

vonbontee said
Welcome, Kyle, glad to have you! Stick around, explore the threads, contribute your thoughts! apple01

(Another SW fan here, although it’s primarily the 1977 original film that I obsess over, more than any other product of the franchise; I’m old enough to have seen it upon release, age 10.) 

I’ve been a Star Wars fan since the very beginning too. I wish I could have been there for the beginning of the Beatles…for Beatlemania beatlemaniacs_02_gif

Lots of Star Wars fans on here, @Joe

@KyleKartan, have you seen this video before?

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Jules, KyleKartan, QuarryMan
Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: LucyInTheSkyWithHackneyDiamonds
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5520
Newest Members:
NJtoTX, seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22240, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694