Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Introduce yourself to the forum!
1 November 2019
9.13am
ognirrrats69
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 5
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4401sp_Permalink sp_Print

Okay. 

Hello, I’m a 16 year old kid from Australia. (I’m not one to share my name, apologize).

I’m kind of autistic (from what I’m told), so I guess some of my views on things can be unusual…I can also go on tangents…

I knew the Beatles since I was about five-six: not into them at the time, but I remember While My Guitar Gently Weeps being on my dad’s mixtape every time we went out on the road. But as for getting into them, it wasn’t until early 2017, when I started checking them out on Spotify. I’d been a ‘rock music connoisseur’ ever since seeing footage of the Who doing My Generation at Monterey Pop in March 2015. If I recall correctly, Abbey Road was my first Beatles album (that I listened to, not bought). I was obsessed with the song Maxwell’s Silver Hammer , which nobody else seems to like that much. It was from there I began a pilgrimage through their discography, although not in any order. When I dig deep into bands, I usually become obsessed with one, two or three songs of theirs, then expand from there. (At the time of writing this, this is currently happening with The Strokes’ This Is It, in which the songs Last Nite and Barely Legal are in personal heavy rotation). It slowed down in late 2017, but picked up in early 2018, and again 

Apart from listening to the Beatles’ music, I’ve become fascinated in parts of their history, especially what went on between Paul and his girlfriend Jane Asher. The stories of John and Cynthia/Yoko and George/Pattie have been oft repeated, but Paul/Jane, while not forgotten, is sort of obscure, and I find myself feeling really really bad for her in that situation, especially adding up various things I’ve read…I’d like to talk about the Jane thing because it’s just so fascinating.

But I dig the Beatles immensely.

The following people thank ognirrrats69 for this post:

QuarryMan, aNowhereMan, WeepingAtlasCedars
1 November 2019
4.53pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
4402sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey @ognirrrats69 ! I am actually a 17 year old kid from Australia – so we are pretty similar in that regard!

Glad to hear some love for Maxwell’s Silver Hammer – a better song than most make it out to be.

ognirrrats69 said
<snip> so I guess some of my views on things can be unusual…I can also go on tangents… <snip>

You’ll fit right in here… trust me!

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

ognirrrats69, Ahhh Girl, aNowhereMan

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

1 November 2019
5.16pm
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
4403sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi @ognirrrats69 ! I love your name! Welcome :)))

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

ognirrrats69

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

2 November 2019
7.32am
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3752
4404sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome, @ognirrrats69 ! Dig the profile picture, Nonagon Infinity opens the door. 

The following people thank QuarryMan for this post:

ognirrrats69

“While I will admit to a certain cynicism, the fact is that I’m a naysayer and hatchet man in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I’ll gladly take another - because I choose to live my life in the company of Ghandi and King. My concerns are global. I reject absolutely revenge, aggression and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love. I love you, Sheriff Truman.”

2 November 2019
8.16am
ognirrrats69
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 5
4405sp_Permalink sp_Print

HAHAHA

QuarryMan said
Welcome, @ognirrrats69 ! Dig the profile picture, Nonagon Infinity opens the door. 

Yesssss The Gizz are awesome

The following people thank ognirrrats69 for this post:

QuarryMan
3 November 2019
2.20am
Turn Left At Greenland
Writing home every day
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 192
4406sp_Permalink sp_Print

Greetings everyone!

My name is Scotty, and I’m 22 years old and recently graduated from college (sort of–hard to explain). I’ve been to the Beatles Bible before, but I never spent much time on it, so I never noticed all the forums and what not. After checking everything out (and by everything, I mean a minuscule sliver of the activity here), I felt inspired to join in the fun.

I’ve never actually been on an internet forum, so this is all very new to me. However, I am a diehard Beatles fan, and have been for as long as I can remember. My dad used to play the red and blue greatest hits albums on car trips, and my love for them only grew from there. 

I like all sorts of music (though I definitely skew towards older stuff, and generally have the tastes of a baby boomer), but the Beatles are on a whole other level for me. They are one of my greatest loves, along with philosophy (which I plan to pursue a PhD in), history, old monster movies, Monty Python, and my seven adorable cats (who all live outside, in case anyone was worried). 

Because I’m new to all this, I can’t deny that I’m a little intimidated, but I hope that with time I’ll adjust and learn how to enjoy this community to the fullest. Through thick and thin (of which there’s been a lot in my life lately), the Beatles have always been my friends. I’m sure many people here can say the same.

The following people thank Turn Left At Greenland for this post:

QuarryMan, CouldntThinkOfABeatlesPun, Ahhh Girl, aNowhereMan, WeepingAtlasCedars

"And life flows on within you and without you"

"I guess I just wasn't made for these times"

3 November 2019
2.48am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
4407sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey @Turn Left At Greenland ! I hope you have fun with us!

I think you’ll fit in perfectly here – we have a philosophy thread, a number of Monty Python lovers, and of course we’re all Beatles fans.

If you need anything, let someone know – we’ll all be glad to help!paul-mccartney-thumb_gifpaul-mccartney-thumb_gif

Turn Left At Greenland said
Through thick and thin (of which there’s been a lot in my life lately), the Beatles have always been my friends.

I see what you did there… great pun! heart

I’m sure many people here can say the same.

Absolutely.

Welcome!

Turn Left At Greenland

2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

3 November 2019
10.40am
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
4408sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome! Don’t worry, you’re not alone- this was my first forum too, but everyone was so welcoming I felt at home right away. I hope the same will happen for you. a-hard-days-night-george-9apple01heart

QuarryMan, Ahhh Girl

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

4 November 2019
11.58am
William Shears Campbell
Somewhere In The Black Mountain Hills Of Utah
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3629
4409sp_Permalink sp_Print

@ognirrrats69 said
… I was obsessed with the song Maxwell’s Silver Hammer , which nobody else seems to like that much….

I love Maxwell’s Silver Hammer .  You need to find people with better opinions.

Anyway, welcome to the forum

And welcome to you too @Turn Left At Greenland

Here | There | Everywhere

It's ya boi!  The one and only Billy Shears (AKA Paul's Replacement)

"Sometimes I wish I was just George Harrison" - John Lennon

4 November 2019
1.31pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198
4410sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome ognirrats69! You mentioned in your introduction “But as for getting into them, it wasn’t until early 2017, when I started checking them out on Spotify.” We learned recently that Here Comes The Sun is the most played Beatles song on Spotify. Did you stream that song a lot to get the song to the #1 spot? And, yes, I agree with you that the history of the group is fascinating.

Turn Left at Greenland – welcome to you, too. Surely you can write some papers combining Beatles and Philosophy while pursuing your PhD ahdn_john_08_gif If there’s anything we can do to help you navigate the forum, let us know. We are eager beavers when it comes to helping people. We get by with a little help from our friends. 

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

50yearslate, QuarryMan
5 November 2019
9.17am
aNowhereMan
USA
Casbah Coffee Club
Members
Forum Posts: 22
4411sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome both, and I echo all the sentiments about Maxwell’s Silver Hammer , absolute banger of a song

Everybody seems to think I'm lazy. I don't mind, I think they're crazy

21 November 2019
2.43pm
The Fool on the Bus
Liverpool
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 2
4412sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello! I’m a Beatles fan from near sunny Liverpool. Great to be here, I cant wait to get involved in discussions!

The following people thank The Fool on the Bus for this post:

CouldntThinkOfABeatlesPun, Father McKenzie

Day after day

21 November 2019
2.58pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
4413sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey @The Fool on the Bus ! I hope you enjoy the discussions!

The Fool on the Bus

aus-flag-v-small.png

22 November 2019
10.38am
Father McKenzie
Liverpool England
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1544
4414sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome @thefoolonthebus. I’m Scouse born and bred. Looking forward to chatting with you about the Fabs paul-mccartney-thumb_gif

The following people thank Father McKenzie for this post:

QuarryMan

Still writing the words to the sermon that no one will hear......

8 December 2019
8.57pm
lovelyritametermaid
You can meet me after heavy rain has fallen
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1445
4415sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oof I’m completely new to forums and all that jazz but I’m excited to be apart of this community! So here goes nothing: 

Hello! My name’s Madison and I’m currently a junior in a high school located in the lovely suburbs of Pittsburgh, PA. I’m a swimmer on my school’s varsity swim team (where at every practice I sing Beatles songs to myself while swimming long laps and doing particularly challenging workouts) and I play the trumpet (Interestingly, Paul’s first instrument) in the marching and jazz band, though I’m currently about to start taking guitar lessons and I’m extremely excited! I’m also the current Literary Editor of my school’s magazine, stage manager for the Drama Club, and a member of Model UN. In my free time (if I have any), I enjoy learning about and immersing myself in the culture and music culture of the ’60s and ’70s (including The Beatles, obviously), watching good TV and movies, and reading books. I’m also an amateur artist, as well as a writer of short stories and poems that I hope to publish one day. Sgt. Pepper ‘s is ~currently~ my favorite Beatles album and I’m extremely looking forward to seeing Ringo in concert this summer!!

[Sorry for the tangent lol]:

My love affair with the Beatles is one that is kind of hard for me to streamline when talking about it linearly, but I’ll try my best! Like nearly all kids of my generation, the Beatles have always been present in the backgrounds of our childhoods. It seems that through all of my life I’ve known Beatles songs, even before I knew the Beatles were a thing that existed. I’ve seemed to always know about Sgt. Peppers and Abbey Road because of how ingrained they are in pop culture, and songs like “Eleanor Rigby ” and “Lucy”  and “Hey Jude ” and “Yesterday ” and “Here Comes The Sun ” and “Come Together ” have always, always been in the back of my mind seemingly since birth! The earliest memory I have of actually knowing where I knew a song from was the Sesame Street CD that my mom played in the car for me that had Elmo’s cover of “Drive My Car ” on it! That’s why it’s hard for me to pinpoint a time in my life where I really “found out” about the Beatles. They’ve just always been a constant, present thing in the culture I was born into (even though no one in my family was or is a Beatlemaniac, though I am in the process of slowly converting my younger sister). Consequently, I can only really pinpoint when and where and how my obsession and absolute pure love and fascination with them catalyzed. It all started in the seventh grade, where I decided that it was about time that I listen to these famous British guys and figure out why Apple Music keeps recommending them to me. Seventh grade was my Emo PhaseTM, so at the start, I wasn’t too keen on listening to this kind of pop and hippy rock n’ roll, but I gave in and downloaded all of their greatest hits and listened. My emo reaction: meh, it’s okay. Which, thinking back on it now, I’m kind of mad at my past self for being so underwhelmed! I don’t know my thoughts or opinions verbatim, but I do know that I gave up trying to become a fan after a couple listens of “Please Please Me ” and “Help ” (the songs, not the albums. 12-year-old me wasn’t so cultured as to listen to entire albums unless it was Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge by My Chemical Romance.) I ended up returning to the Beatles my sophomore year after “Savoy Truffle ” was played on Ezra Koenig’s internet radio show Time Crisis (highly recommend btw if you’re a Deadhead or overall music fanatic, though might be hard to find if you don’t have Apple Music). This rediscovery was further encouraged by my friends at the time, who were casual Beatles fans and made song recommendations. That year, I gave the Beatles another chance, this time through the point-of-view of a new, non-emo me. I already was more familiar and comfortable with classic rock through my newfound and casual love of 70’s rock, as well as my love for Britpop, which introduced me to Beatles-influenced 90’s bands that had a big hand in shaping my musical tastes and inclinations, such as Blur and Oasis. I first fell in love with what is known as The White Album , the first Beatles album that I listened to all the way through when I started my sophomore exploration of the Beatles discography. My friends thought it was an odd place to start, but I did it because I already loved some of the tracks on it (“Happiness Is A Warm Gun ” and “Savoy Truffle ” and “Ob-Lah-Di, Ob-Lah-Da”). I absolutely fell in love with it and for a whole month, it was all that I listened to! I loved the wackiness that was incorporated, it really changed my perspective on the Beatles as artists. “Honey Pie ” and “Martha, My Dear” caught my attention (I love Paul’s “granny” songs), as well as “The Continuing Story Of Bungalow Bill ” and “Rocky Raccoon ” for being just straight weird. “I Will ” and “Julia ” and “Blackbird ” tugged at my heartstrings tremendously. “While My Guitar Gently Weeps ” especially introduced me to George as a prominent figure. To this day, The White Album is in my top 5 all-time favorite albums. Next, also quite oddly and on a whim, I downloaded the entirety of With The Beatles and then fell in love with that, too. Their second album really made me appreciate the earlier stuff that I brushed away before. I know every track by heart, tracks that I found that most people (even fellow Beatlemaniacs, in my experience) have overlooked. I listened to With the Beatles even more than The White Album It was on repeat all the time over and over and over again. I started listening to these songs all the time. I was intimidated by the other albums though, scared off by the fact that I might be disappointed. Boy, was I wrong! Last year, I watched the movie Across The Universe and fell in love, which I’ve since watched six times. Then I watched Nowhere Boy, which is what really turned me into a hardcore Beatlemaniac, introducing me to the lore of the Beatles and their mythical backstories and individual lives. I then made it my mission to listen to every single Beatles song– which I did, bringing us to today. I’m a relatively fresh Beatles fan, but I am so so indescribably passionate. Without them in my life right now, I don’t know if I’d be the same person. They’ve changed me forever and I unconditionally love them like a dear friend. I just get so emotional about them and I love them so so much, and I’m excited to be apart of this community that feels the same! I’m gonna end it here because if I continue I’m pretty sure this is gonna turn into a whole book (if it hasn’t already), but I still have so much more to say and talk about, which I’m sure I’ll get a chance to in these wonderful forums! Thank you and I’m excited to be here! beatlemaniacs_02_gif

The following people thank lovelyritametermaid for this post:

Beatlebug, The Hole Got Fixed, QuarryMan, WeepingAtlasCedars, vonbontee

"....When I cannot sing my heart, I can only speak my mind...." 

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

8 December 2019
9.09pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
4416sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome welcome welcome @lovelyritametermaid! Your passion and enthusiasm is truly refreshing. I only hope you haven’t said everything you’ll ever want to tell us in that one post, because we’d love to see you around a-hard-days-night-george-10

and if you ever want guitar talk/advice, there’s lots of guitarists here (including myself) and a fine thread for that: https://www.beatlesbible.com/f…..ts-thread/

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, QuarryMan

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

8 December 2019
9.29pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
4417sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey, @lovelyritametermaid ! That’s a fantastic story as to how you’ve come to be here – I look forward to seeing you around.

And yes, I do agree that With the Beatles gets generally underlooked. ahdn_john_08_gifahdn_john_08_gif

lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug

aus-flag-v-small.png

9 December 2019
1.51pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
4418sp_Permalink sp_Print

@lovelyritametermaid welcome! We’re always happy to welcome a new and passionate Forumpudlian a-hard-days-night-george-9 looking forward to lots of fun conversations!

(btw, I’m a junior too ahdn_ringo_09)

lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

13 December 2019
9.27pm
TangerineTrees
Behind That Locked Door
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 125
4419sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello fellow Beatlemaniacs! I’m TangerineTrees and I am a teenager from the US. I’m a bit nervous as this is my first forum, but I really can’t wait to discuss the Beatles with all of you!

I guess you could say that I’ve been exposed to the Beatles for all of my life, even though I only started getting into them about two years ago. I loved to watch Yellow Submarine when I was really little, and although I didn’t really understand the plot at the time, I loved watching the bright colors flash across the screen. When I was about six years old, I got an original iPod that my dad periodically downloaded music for me on. One day, I found that the Blue Compilation Album had been downloaded onto the device, so I was naturally curious as I didn’t know what it was. I looked at the track titles, and the only titles that stood out to six-year-old me were Strawberry Fields Forever and Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds . I really enjoyed both of those songs, my favorite being the latter at the time. Sadly, six-year-old me never bothered to listen to the rest of the songs, so I had to wait another couple of years to really delve deep into the Beatles’ catalog. It wasn’t until a couple of years ago when I really discovered the true magic of the Beatles’ music. It all started when I was on a road trip and the Beatles Channel on SiriusXM was playing. I decided to listen to a few songs, but I became instantly hooked! No music had made me laugh or cry more than the Beatles. I then made it a point to listen to more of their music to feel more of the beauty that I felt on that road trip. Thus, I began my journey through the Beatles’ discography and overall history. My search for Beatles information led me to this wonderful site, which I may or may not have been lurking on for some time now. After much thought, I finally decided to take the plunge and join the Beatles Bible. I may not post on here often as this is, again, my first forum, but I do feel that I made the right decision when joining this website. 

My favorite Beatle is George, although I adore them all and my current favorite album is Revolver (even though this is bound to change within the next month or so) and my favorite Beatles song is the Anthology 3 Version of While My Guitar Gently Weeps .

Anyways, thanks for reading my spiel and I thank you immensely for letting me join this community!a-hard-days-night-george-9

The following people thank TangerineTrees for this post:

CouldntThinkOfABeatlesPun, lovelyritametermaid, WeepingAtlasCedars

"Everyone should have themselves regularly overwhelmed by nature." ~ George Harrison

"I'm Nobody! Who are you? Are you -- Nobody -- too?" ~ Emily Dickinson

13 December 2019
10.13pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198
4420sp_Permalink sp_Print

No need to feel nervous, @TangerineTrees. Welcome to this groovy grove of Beatles heaven on Earth. You’re in the company of your fellow Beatlemaniacs. 

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

TangerineTrees
Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690