Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Introduce yourself to the forum!
30 April 2019
10.08am
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3761
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4241sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome @ThatWeirdBeatlesGirl and @Tangerine ! Kaniffee – I’m Coltrane from the Discord. 

The following people thank QuarryMan for this post:

Tangerine

I've been up on the mountain, and I've seen his wondrous grace,
I've sat there on the barstool and I've looked him in the face.
He seemed a little haggard, but it did not slow him down,
he was humming to the neon of the universal sound. 

30 April 2019
4.24pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
4242sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey @ThatWeirdBeatlesGirl and @Tangerine ! Hope you guys have a great time here.

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

Tangerine

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

30 April 2019
8.23pm
Tangerine
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1276
4243sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beatlebug said
We welcome you to Crackerbox Palace @ThatWeirdBeatlesGirl and @Tangerine! john-lennon-salute_gifapple01

Crackerbox Palace? Lol.

30 April 2019
8.28pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
4244sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Tangerine
its twooooo its twooooImage Enlarger

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

Getbackintheussr, StrawberryFields91, 50yearslate, The Hole Got Fixed, Tangerine

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

1 May 2019
5.59pm
jamessick
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 381

Hello all, my name is Jack. Born in the early 60’s, my first Beatle memories are my sister (9 years my senior, she was a little too young for the Beatlemania years) having a Beatles souvenir couch pillow. I can remember playing over and over on our multi-speed record player her copy of the single Hey, Jude/ Revolution . She also had the “Meet the Beatles” album with that great photograph, and a poster of the Four, similar to the “Let It Be poster with four quadrants, but their images in psychodelic colours.

Well, she graduated and was out of the house by the time I was nine, and so my Beatles familiarity was then limited to what was playing on the radio. However I always liked the local “oldies” (songs more than 10 years old were considered oldies back then) radio stations, WIOF and WWYZ in my home state of Connecticut.  I can still remember riding my bike and humming or singing in my head Here Comes The Sun to the rhythm of the rotating pedals, still my favorite Beatle song.

When I finally started making my own money with a summer job, my first record purchase ever was the British version of Help ! (along with The Greatest Hits of Carly Simon Volume 1). I had to pay extra for that British vinyl, $12, compared to Carly’s album which was $7.69.  I can remember thinking that the group looked “too threatening” on their later albums, plus I liked Yesterday , so it seemed like a “safe” purchase. I was so enthralled with the album, I was down at “The Disc” record store every couple of weeks to either order or buy the next British Beatle album to add to my collection. I went this route, unlike my roommates or my younger sister who went for the numerous American re-packagings and compilations.

Some of you may remember the 30-hour radio documentary The Beatles: The Day in Their Life.  I actually recorded it off the radio onto 30 one hour cassette tapes. This is where I learned about the holes in my collection, the early EP’s and the obscure A Collection of Beatles Oldies (but Goldie’s!). By now I had the reproduction Palladium Show poster and the White Album posters on my dorm room wall.

The nearby cinema on campus played old pictures, and the first Beatle picture I saw was Let It Be (yeah, I know, kind of a downer). Then came Yellow Submarine . The first biography I ever purchased was the Peter Brown book.

In the last twenty years the interest hasn’t faded. Absolutely loved the ABC anthology, the DVD explosion that allowed me to view A Hard Days’ Night, Help !, even Magical Mystery Tour With the issuance of the complete Mono versions of their Parlophone releases, I can hear the Four as they were meant to be heard.

My favorite Beatle? It has to be George. Except for his infidelities, he seemed to have things in their proper perspective when you see his interviews. Plus he wrote my favorite song of theirs. I hope he rests in peace.

The following people thank jamessick for this post:

Beatlebug, CouldntThinkOfABeatlesPun, The Hole Got Fixed, ScarlettFieldsForever, Getbackintheussr, Ahhh Girl, ThatWeirdBeatlesGirl, vonbontee
1 May 2019
6.01pm
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
4246sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yay, another George fan! A very warm welcome @jamessick , I hope you enjoy your time here on our lovely forum.

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

1 May 2019
6.04pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
4247sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome @jamessick. You were always quite the hardcore, it seems — well done with the UK Beatles albums!

We have quite the coalition of Harrifans on this forum, can’t wait to hear more from you john-lennon-salute_gif

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

1 May 2019
8.40pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
4248sp_Permalink sp_Print

Always great to see people obsessing over the exact albums that are needed to fill their obscure collection, welcome @jamessick ! I hope you have a fab time here.

Beatlebug

2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

1 May 2019
9.17pm
Tangerine
Candlestick Park
Members
4249sp_Permalink sp_Print

jamessick said 

My favorite Beatle? It has to be George. Except for his infidelities, he seemed to have things in their proper perspective when you see his interviews. Plus he wrote my favorite song of theirs. I hope he rests in peace.

This begs the question, what is your favorite Beatles song @jamessick ?

1 May 2019
9.20pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
4250sp_Permalink sp_Print

jamessick said 

Well, she graduated and was out of the house by the time I was nine, and so my Beatles familiarity was then limited to what was playing on the radio. However I always liked the local “oldies” (songs more than 10 years old were considered oldies back then) radio stations, WIOF and WWYZ in my home state of Connecticut.  I can still remember riding my bike and humming or singing in my head Here Comes The Sun to the rhythm of the rotating pedals, still my favorite Beatle song.

@Tangerine 

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

Getbackintheussr, Tangerine, jamessick

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

1 May 2019
9.43pm
Tangerine
Candlestick Park
Members
4251sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh thanks! I tend to miss that kind of thing.

The following people thank Tangerine for this post:

50yearslate
1 May 2019
10.06pm
jamessick
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 381
4252sp_Permalink sp_Print

I will admit to a little bit of OCD, in that I nearly always get interested in owning a complete discography of musicians I like. But the American albums barely make it to 15 minutes a side, whilst the British vinyl was at least 20. The record dealer also sold me on the higher quality of the vinyl. Of course, now those albums gather dust (sigh!)–just not as convenient as digital, take-it-in-the-car ability of CD or a download.

But millennials will never really know the joy of album art (even the CD-sized images don’t do them justice), reading the liner notes and studying that cover while just sitting on my bed listening to the record.

The following people thank jamessick for this post:

Getbackintheussr, vonbontee
1 May 2019
11.54pm
ScarlettFieldsForever
Marmalade Skies
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1063
4253sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Yeah, I can totally understand. I always envy those who own a huge collection of vinyl records, but I still end up a streaming person. I don’t have the spare money or space for records and the facilities, and though I can save up, I focus more on the music itself.mccartney-shrug_01_gif

Welcome, @jamessick a-hard-days-night-george-10

The following people thank ScarlettFieldsForever for this post:

Getbackintheussr

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes...

5 May 2019
6.52am
Paul McCharmly
Alone on a hill.
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 7

Good Morning, Good Morning folks. My name is Tom. As this jolly post is being written, I’m currently sixteen years old. I’ve been a massive fan of The Beatles for quite a few years now. I don’t really know how I got into them to be honest. I think it’s kind of like what John Lennon once said, “Do you remember falling in love? Not really, it just sort of happens.” I kind of remember hearing “Here Comes The Sun ,” or “Yellow Submarine ” years back but I don’t think I really latched onto it. I really don’t remember. ahdn_paul_06My favourite Beatle would probably be Paul because of his charisma, his dedication, his personality, “and all that sort of stuff.” As for my favourite album, I’d probably go for “Abbey Road .” Unpopular opinion. On that album, I’m especially fond of “Come Together ,” “Oh! Darling ,” and the entire medley.

Last year, I was given an old-fashioned record player and are beginning to build on a collection. At the moment, I have “1”, “Abbey Road “, and “Past Masters “. Just this last week, I took a trip to good ol’ Liddypol, where we stayed in The “Hard Day’s Night” Hotel. We went to The Beatles Story, visited the Cavern and took a Fab Four taxi tour to all the locations. It was actually quite an emotional experience, having seen all those places photographed before.  Actually visiting the real thing, knowing what had happened there was just amazing. It made me even more of a fan than I already was, if that was even possible.

Their music has had such an impact on me in ways that I can’t describe. It changes your life, it really does. As funny as it is to say. This website I have browsed on quite a few times and I was very surprised that I wasn’t yet on board this “Magical Mystery Fourm”. (That’s the best I can come up with ahdn_john_08_gif)  I’m very happy to be here and I’m looking forward to what happens next. “Hello, Goodbye “. a-hard-days-night-george-10

The following people thank Paul McCharmly for this post:

Ahhh Girl, ScarlettFieldsForever, Tangerine, Getbackintheussr, 50yearslate, vonbontee, CouldntThinkOfABeatlesPun, Beatlebug
5 May 2019
8.18am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22238

@jamessick, have you gotten past thinking that the group looked “too threatening” on their later albums? Does your sister still listen to the Beatles? Have you followed the solo careers of the Fab Four throughout the years?

@Paul McCharmly, yay for getting to go to Liverpool and enjoying all those Beatley sites! May you get to return there many times. If you have any pictures or mental impressions of Liverpool you’d like to share, here’s the thread: https://www.beatlesbible.com/f…..es-places/

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Beatlebug, Paul McCharmly
5 May 2019
8.33am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
4256sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Ahhh Girl said
https://www.beatlesbible.com/f…..es-places/

Broken link, AG.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

Ahhh Girl

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

5 May 2019
8.42am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22238
4257sp_Permalink sp_Print

Fixed. Thanks, RN.

5 May 2019
4.33pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
4258sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey @Paul McCharmly ! Us teens must be doing a Revolution on this forum there are so many of us… (yikes that was a bad pun…)

Anway, welcome aboard! Hope you have a great time. 

Paul McCharmly

aus-flag-v-small.png

5 May 2019
4.44pm
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5446
4259sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome to new people, in this new month of May, young and past young! Take a look around and say some things. I’m vonbontee and also Von Bontee, same apple, same person. Free apples for all! apple01apple01apple01apple01

The following people thank vonbontee for this post:

Beatlebug, Paul McCharmly

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

5 May 2019
4.46pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
4260sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Paul McCharmly hello and welcome! a-hard-days-night-george-9apple01heart

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

Paul McCharmly

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5520
Newest Members:
NJtoTX, seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22238, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694