Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Introduce yourself to the forum!
28 August 2018
4.59am
endofthebeginning
You're really only very small
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 4
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Thanks, @Ron Nasty. Ah exams, the memories! Really great to hear that there are lots of young’uns about like myself. When I was teaching teenagers in Hamburg my attempts to introduce them to the Beatles mostly fell flat to my utter dismay. Glad to find that is definitely not the case here!

I’ve been checking out Riding So High since hearing about it on the SATB podcast and had no idea it was written by the founder of the Beatles Bible. It’ll definitely be getting purchased! 

The following people thank endofthebeginning for this post:

Ahhh Girl, vonbontee
28 August 2018
6.38am
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3761
4022sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome, @endofthebeginning heart 

The following people thank QuarryMan for this post:

endofthebeginning

I've been up on the mountain, and I've seen his wondrous grace,
I've sat there on the barstool and I've looked him in the face.
He seemed a little haggard, but it did not slow him down,
he was humming to the neon of the universal sound. 

28 August 2018
9.35am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22229
4023sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome, @endofthebeginning. I’m glad you found this enclave of all things Beatles. We are proud Beatlemaniacs! I am looking forward to seeing your posts on the forum.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

endofthebeginning
4 September 2018
7.24pm
FeelieBlue
A Beginning
Members
4024sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello, all,

I recently realized there was something missing in my life and it was the Beatles.  I’ve been away from them too long.  I’ve been a “right lurker” on the site for a few weeks when I should have been Brummer Striving and figured it was time to register!  Love the site and forum.   

The following people thank FeelieBlue for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog
4 September 2018
7.44pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4025sp_Permalink sp_Print

So, you’ve been thinking Got To Get You Into My Life ?

Glad you decided to dance along with us.

4 September 2018
8.16pm
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5012
4026sp_Permalink sp_Print

FeelieBlue said
Hello, all,

I recently realized there was something missing in my life and it was the Beatles.  I’ve been away from them too long.  I’ve been a “right lurker” on the site for a few weeks when I should have been Brummer Striving and figured it was time to register!  Love the site and forum.     

Welcome. One should definitely not go too long without The Beatles.

The following people thank Expert Textpert for this post:

Ahhh Girl, FeelieBlue

"If you're ever in the shit, grab my tit.” —Paul McCartney 

5 September 2018
3.11am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
4027sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hopefully we can help fulfill your gap in your life – the fab four are essential to everyone’s wellbeing!

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

Timothy, FeelieBlue

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

5 September 2018
3.56am
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3157
4028sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome, @FeelieBlue! apple01heart 

The following people thank SgtPeppersBulldog for this post:

FeelieBlue

"Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles... " 

2017: 

11 September 2018
2.50am
Tony Japanese
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 913
4029sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello,

For now I will keep my name and bank details secure, but I will confess a few of my sins and follies for the strangers on this forum. I have been visiting this site for a few months now, for one reason or another, and thought I’d take the plunge and join in the discussions (eventually). For those interested, I’m thirty-two and the first Beatles album I owned was ‘1’ – which I was given for Christmas in 2000 (I think?). There was a copy of the Beatles at the BBC in the house, and it took me ages to work out who was who.

Fast foward eighteen years, and I can now recognise a photo of Paul McCartney from fifty paces. I’ve heard the songs and read the books (though not all of them of course). I’ve been married since May (sorry ladies!) and in my spare time I write poetry and furrow my brow.

The following people thank Tony Japanese for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, Ahhh Girl, sir walter raleigh, vonbontee
11 September 2018
12.23pm
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
4030sp_Permalink sp_Print

Tony Japanese said

Fast foward eighteen years, and I can now recognise a photo of Paul McCartney from fifty paces. I’ve heard the songs and read the books (though not all of them of course). 

You can be certain you’re a hardcore Beatles fan when you can do things like that, @Tony Japanese! ahdn_george_08Welcome to the forum! apple01heart

2017: 

11 September 2018
6.45pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4031sp_Permalink sp_Print

Tony Japanese said
Hello,

For now I will keep my name and bank details secure, …  

Guess you don’t keep your money in a big brown bag inside a zoo. a-hard-days-night-george-4

You’re only 32. Do you a-hard-days-night-ringo-15 want to Boogaloo? ahdn_ringo_09

Welcome, glad you found us worthy of joining. Please, please us by joining in the discussions-of-an-obsessive-nature a-hard-days-night-john-1 that you find on this fine forum.

12 September 2018
4.02am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
4032sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello @Tony Japanese and welcome! Hope you have a great time around here!!

2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

12 September 2018
8.50am
Tony Japanese
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 913
4033sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks for the warm response. I look forward to contributing in any way possible.

The following people thank Tony Japanese for this post:

Ahhh Girl, SgtPeppersBulldog
12 September 2018
12.12pm
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5789

Welcome @Tony Japanese  

Hopefully you’ll hang around a little while longer and I can get you to spill the beans about your bank information a-hard-days-night-george-10

just playing. I look forward to reading your thoughts surrounding The Beatles. 

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

19 September 2018
7.50pm
WatusiTwist
A Beginning
Members
4035sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi Everyone-

Beatles Bible has been a fabulous resource for me when doing Beatles research which is a fave (THE fave) topic of mine. Been here many times and I LOVE this website. Thought I’d join the site forum (and the 21st century) but I should let you know that I have very little experience posting on a forum site. Not quite sure how to do it but I’ll give it a go.

The Beatles-related question on my mind right now – and I’m truly hoping someone has the answer – or perhaps point me in the right direction – is:  what guitar does George play on the Traveling Wilbury’s “Rattled”? This solo has got to be one of the hottest /most prefect guitar solos EVER after the one he played in “Everybody’s Trying To Be My Baby “, of course.

Thanks for any help and HELLO OUT THERE!a-hard-days-night-john-3

The following people thank WatusiTwist for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog
19 September 2018
8.44pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4036sp_Permalink sp_Print

You have already changed your avatar and used the smileys. You’re doing great, @WatusiTwist! We are here to help you learn the ropes of posting on the forum.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Beatlebug
19 September 2018
10.19pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
4037sp_Permalink sp_Print

It seems you joined the 21st century 18 years agoa-hard-days-night-george-10but welcome to the forum @WatusiTwist! Unfortunately I don’t know the answer to your question, but I’m sure there are others around here who might.

aus-flag-v-small.png

20 September 2018
1.01pm
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
4038sp_Permalink sp_Print

Greetings, @WatusiTwist Eldoradoapple01heart It Won’t Be Long til you get used to using the forum, especially this one. Believe me! a-hard-days-night-john-6

2017: 

25 September 2018
10.49am
WatusiTwist
A Beginning
Members
4039sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks for the kind welcoming words.

I’m pretty psyched about the White Album anniversary news. Definitely onboard for the Deluxe CD/Blu Ray version. Those Escher sessions are going to sound amazing having been remastered.

The following people thank WatusiTwist for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog
2 October 2018
11.39am
rd338088
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 1
4040sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi folks, my name is Rick Dodgson. I’m English by birth but I’ve lived in the US for the past 20 years, studying and now teaching History at a small Liberal Arts college in Sheboygan, Wisconsin. I’m a sixties historian, specializing in the history of Ken Kesey and the Merry Pranksters. I published a book in 2012 on Kesey’s early life called It’s All a Kind of Magic: The Young Ken Kesey, and I’m working on a follow-up called Fun for the Revolution of It: A History of Ken Kesey and the Merry Pranksters.  I’m also a musician and performer, and the proud creator of Mission to the Stars: A Space Rock Opera (which is exactly what it sounds like!). I’m a huge Beatles fan, and I’m hoping that folks on this forum will be able to help me with a couple of questions about Kesey and the Beatles.

1. Magical Mystery Tour : I read in lots of Beatles books that Paul McCartney was inspired by Ken Kesey’s famous 1964 bus trip–see Tom Wolfe’s Electric Kool Aid Acid Test (1968)–to come up with the idea for the Magical Mystery Tour . But I doubt it. No one really knew much about Kesey’s history until Wolfe’s book came out in August 1968, almost a year after the Magical Mystery Tour was filmed. Can anyone find a quote or a good source that would substantiate the claim that McCartney was inspired by Kesey’s earlier adventures?

2. Apple and Zapple: As most Beatles fans know, Ken Kesey visited Apple with the Hell’s Angels in December 1968, then worked at Zapple in London in 1969. I’m hoping that people on this forum can help me track down more information about this history. There’s lots out there already. Kesey wrote about his experiences in a book called Demon Box. Others along on that trip, like actor Peter Coyote, have also written about it, as have lots of Apple folks like Richard DiLello, Derek Taylor, and Chris O’Dell. A recent documentary called Beatles, Hippies and Hell’s Angels also covers this history. Can anyone point me to additional sources about Kesey’s time at Apple, either during the Hells Angels trip or later with Zapple? 

Thanks in advance,

Rick 
Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: glazball
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
NJtoTX, seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22229, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694