Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Introduce yourself to the forum!
26 March 2018
8.20am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22238
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3981sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome, @Joey Self! Here’s a thread you might enjoy: https://www.beatlesbible.com/f…..documents/

Being a Christian and a Bible class teacher, what do you make of John’s song Imagine since he sings “and no religion too” and of the whole “bigger than Jesus” controversy?

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Joey Self
26 March 2018
10.02am
Joey Self
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 4
3982sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
Welcome, @Joey Self! Here’s a thread you might enjoy: https://www.beatlesbible.com/f…..documents/

Being a Christian and a Bible class teacher, what do you make of John’s song Imagine since he sings “and no religion too” and of the whole “bigger than Jesus” controversy?  

Is this the thread to me to answer those questions in depth?

The short answer is I don’t look to John Lennon (or any other celebrity) for theological insights, and his “Bigger than Jesus” remarks were obviously wrong, but the furor over a rock star saying dumb things was blown way out of proportion. 

JcS

The following people thank Joey Self for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, SpecialCup
26 March 2018
10.03am
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3157
3983sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome, @Joey Self! apple01heart 

The following people thank SgtPeppersBulldog for this post:

Joey Self

"Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles... " 

2017: 

26 March 2018
10.28am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
3984sp_Permalink sp_Print

Joey, here’s a thread for you thoughts on Imagine : https://www.beatlesbible.com/f…..s/imagine/

And one for the bigger than Jesus incident: https://www.beatlesbible.com/f…..opularity/

Of course, you don’t have to if you don’t want to. I just think it would be cool to see your thoughts on those two topics. stuart-sutcliffe

Joey Self, Beatlebug
31 March 2018
10.07pm
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2146
3985sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just want to say I’m enjoying the forum. I love how there’s always new discussion from users about The Beatles to satisfy my fandom, and you’re all a good bunch of people. Peace! a-hard-days-night-ringo-10

The following people thank Timothy for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, SgtPeppersBulldog, Father McKenzie, Beatlebug, sir walter raleigh, Ahhh Girl, SpecialCup

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

31 March 2018
10.24pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
3986sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m very glad you enjoy the forum, @Timothy! Hope there are many more discussions in the future.ahdn_john_08_gif

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

SpecialCup

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

1 April 2018
6.16am
Father McKenzie
Liverpool England
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1544
3987sp_Permalink sp_Print

I personally love how I never knew this place existed till last year,but yet I now come here every day,and how it’s become the norm for me. I agree with @Timothy. I love how the discussions never get old,and how someone will have an opinion on a subject or a particular song,that gives you an entirely different perspective on it,makes you look at it in a way that you never saw before. I’ve also loved how I’ve learnt so much new stuff about the band. I also like to think of you guys as my friends now. I’ve posted here over 800 times,and i’ve only been here since November beatlemaniacs_02_gif. I love this site heartheart

The following people thank Father McKenzie for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, SgtPeppersBulldog, Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl, Timothy, SpecialCup

Still writing the words to the sermon that no one will hear......

1 April 2018
8.21am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
3988sp_Permalink sp_Print

That’s literally my exact thoughts summed up in a post…

The amount of times I talk about this site with my family, (‘I just read on the Beatles Bible that ….’), yet it never gets old. And it feels like years ago that I joined, because everyone here is so closely knit together that it is literally another family – sometimes it’s more than friendship, in that we know each other so well. Which is a testament to how fab everyone here is.heartapple01

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, Beatlebug, Father McKenzie, SpecialCup, WeepingAtlasCedars

2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

13 April 2018
10.53pm
Paul
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 1
3989sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello everybody, just checking in and hoping the site is as good as it appears to be.

The following people thank Paul for this post:

SpecialCup
1 May 2018
2.32pm
Hippymama
The Kaiserkeller
Members
Forum Posts: 54
3990sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi everyone!

I’ve been lurking for a while but finally joined today 🙂 Not sure what to say to introduce myself really! I grew up listening to The Beatles and can’t remember a time when I didn’t know their music. My parents had the Red and Blue albums and one of my earliest memories is lying on the floor in our living room with my head next to the speaker listening to “Michelle “. I really got into them when I was about 15 or so. I remember listening to Abbey Road a lot that summer. I’m not from Liverpool, but I went to university there and lived in what used to be Liverpool Maternity Hospital (where John Lennon was born). I also lived in the Canning area, not too far from Gambier Terrace (where John and Stuart Sutcliffe shared a flat). When I graduated I ended up working for a housing association on the estate where Paul and George lived growing up in Speke. I often visited Ardwick Road, Western Avenue and Upton Green in the course of my job 🙂 I spent about 13 years living and working in Liverpool.

I’m now introducing my own children to The Beatles. My 6 year old is a HUGE fan and loves trying to work out who is singing on each of their songs 🙂

Looking forward to joining in here!

The following people thank Hippymama for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, Beatlebug, Father McKenzie
1 May 2018
4.17pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
3991sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Joe may be jealous of your attendance at Liverpool U.

Thanks for joining us. I am looking forward to your input in the conversations here.

Have you seen this thread? https://www.beatlesbible.com/f…..e-beatles/

Joe
1 May 2018
4.22pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
3992sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome to the forum, @Hippymama and I hope you learn something new here! john-lennon-salute_gif

aus-flag-v-small.png

1 May 2018
6.05pm
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3157
3993sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome aboard, @Hippymama! apple01heart

"Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles... " 

2017: 

1 May 2018
6.58pm
Hippymama
The Kaiserkeller
Members

Thank you for the welcome! I’ll be sure to check out that thread now 🙂

1 May 2018
7.28pm
Father McKenzie
Liverpool England
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1544
3995sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome to the site @Hippymama apple01

Still writing the words to the sermon that no one will hear......

2 May 2018
7.50am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
3996sp_Permalink sp_Print

A very Nasty welcome to the forum, @Hippymama.

@Ahhh Girl will be jealous of you knowing Stu’s flat on Gambier. She’s a great Stu fan. And happy to sit on the grass outside the wrong number, even when she’s been told it’s further up the terrace. Oh no! She has the book. I am wrong!

So I sit and start making a roll-up. She sits beside and starts reading her book. She looks at me struggling with my roll-up in the breeze, and looks back at the book. She looks at the door number we’re sat in front of, and looks back at her book. She looks back at me again.

Couple of minutes later we’ve moved in front of where I said we should be, instead of sitting outside somewhere Stu, John and the others would walk past to get to Stu’s flat.

No scars here from that visit!

a-hard-days-night-george-10

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

Hippymama, Ahhh Girl, AppleScruffJunior, The Hole Got Fixed, Joe, WeepingAtlasCedars

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

2 May 2018
8.17am
Hippymama
The Kaiserkeller
Members
3997sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ron Nasty said
A very Nasty welcome to the forum, @Hippymama.

@Ahhh Girl will be jealous of you knowing Stu’s flat on Gambier. She’s a great Stu fan. And happy to sit on the grass outside the wrong number, even when she’s been told it’s further up the terrace. Oh no! She has the book. I am wrong!

So I sit and start making a roll-up. She sits beside and starts reading her book. She looks at me struggling with my roll-up in the breeze, and looks back at the book. She looks at the door number we’re sat in front of, and looks back at her book. She looks back at me again.

Couple of minutes later we’ve moved in front of where I said we should be, instead of sitting outside somewhere Stu, John and the others would walk past to get to Stu’s flat.

No scars here from that visit!

a-hard-days-night-george-10  

Haha! That made me laugh 🙂 I lived for a while on Canning Street and then later I lived in the grounds of the Cathedral so I used to walk past Gambier Terrace a lot! 

2 May 2018
11.33am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
3998sp_Permalink sp_Print

Trust the Nasty!!!!!

6 July 2018
3.10pm
RF
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 1
3999sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello:

I could write a treatise on what this band’s influence has meant to me since 1964, but I’d be here all day. 🙂

I’m a high school choir director from Ohio, USA. Just last month (June 2018), I finally hopped a plane for a pilgrimage 40+ years in the making: I went to Liverpool. Life-changing experience. (My dear husband passed away last Christmas Eve, and this was a trip he always wanted me to take. I decided the time was right, and did so in honor of his memory.)

Since I’m a career singer and music theorist, their approach to songwriting has always fascinated me. As I’m sure has been discussed here many times over, doing harmonic analysis on their stuff is astonishing; they knew next to nothing about harmonic/melodic progression, yet their structure and melodies are so inventive and pleasing and — even for our modern time — refreshing and different. As a performer, I continue to be amazed by their ability to gig in a huge stadium with thousands of screamers, and still somehow be able to sing mostly in tune. Blows my mind.

Anyway, I’m glad to be here. I don’t know why I haven’t joined until now, but I’m glad I made the jump. I look forward to talking with you all.

The following people thank RF for this post:

Richard, SgtPeppersBulldog, Beatlebug
6 July 2018
4.06pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4000sp_Permalink sp_Print

How lovely to have you join us, @RF. heart

You were there when it all began beatlemaniacs_02_gif I am looking forward to your Beatley thoughts!

Richard
Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
NJtoTX, seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22238, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694