Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Introduce yourself to the forum!
18 March 2017
6.39pm
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3157
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3621sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome @StrawberryRose! Hopefully there will be ‘nothing to get hung about’ when you’re around.  a-hard-days-night-john-6

The following people thank SgtPeppersBulldog for this post:

StrawberryRose

"Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles... " 

2017: 

18 March 2017
8.50pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4470

Welcome to the club @StrawberryRose. How old were you when you first saw The Beatles on The Ed Sullivan Show, I’m guessing you were born somewhere in between 1955 and 1961, and since 1958 is in the middle of there, I’d guess 6, but I have nothing to base that claim off besides pure guesswork.

The following people thank Dark Overlord for this post:

StrawberryRose

If you're reading this, you are looking for something to do.

18 March 2017
8.55pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
3623sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome, @StrawberryRose! I’m sure you’ll love it here.

The following people thank WeepingAtlasCedars for this post:

StrawberryRose

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

19 March 2017
12.16am
StrawberryRose
San Diego, California, USA
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 7
3624sp_Permalink sp_Print

SgtPeppersBulldog said
Welcome @StrawberryRose! Hopefully there will be ‘nothing to get hung about’ when you’re around.  a-hard-days-night-john-6  

SgtPeppersBulldog said

Thanks SgtPeppersBulldog!  That is actually one of my fave lines in SFF!  And I love cranberry sauce.  john-lennon-salute_gif

The following people thank StrawberryRose for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog

This message brought to you by just another Beatles fan.

19 March 2017
12.25am
StrawberryRose
A Beginning
Members
3625sp_Permalink sp_Print

gettingbetter said
Welcome to the club @StrawberryRose. How old were you when you first saw The Beatles on The Ed Sullivan Show, I’m guessing you were born somewhere in between 1955 and 1961, and since 1958 is in the middle of there, I’d guess 6, but I have nothing to base that claim off besides pure guesswork.  

Good question.  I was a wee lass of eight.  We had heard The Beatles’ music on the radio and I believe seen photos somewhere.  Beatlemania was being born.  I’ll never forget seeing the ESS that night.  We were at my aunt’s house to celebrate my mom’s birthday (February 9) and knew of the upcoming performance.  We were glued to the TV set in the back room.  My most cherished possession was my Rubber Soul album (the US version, of course).  Somewhere along the line I had lost it (through moving or my mother throwing it out) and I found it physically impossible to not have the actual vinyl record in my possession.  (Imagine no possessions.)  I repurchased it and also have it on CD for my car.  I love that album.  I think that’s when I fell in love with John Lennon .  Looking into his eyes on the album cover.  He was a nifty little performer on stage too.  The night John Lennon was murdered in cold blood was devastating to me.  I actually went into a severe crying jag, lit the only candle I had just purchased to celebrate the Christmas season with, and was forever gutted, as are all his other fans in this world.  I was deeply saddened that George passed away and had been suffering from illness.  He was such a wonderful songwriter, musician, talent and spirit.

SgtPeppersBulldog, Martha, Beatlebug, Beatlebug, Dark Overlord, WeepingAtlasCedars, vonbontee

19 March 2017
12.27am
StrawberryRose
A Beginning
Members
3626sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thank you to all of you for the warm welcome!  heart 

Ahhh Girl, Starr Shine?, WeepingAtlasCedars

19 March 2017
2.35am
meanmrswalrus
St Peters Church
Members
Forum Posts: 14
3627sp_Permalink sp_Print

‘Ullo everyone! I used to be an occasional non-registered visitor here, mostly for the thread discussing what songs were used in LOVE, and I thought this is a nice little community. I’ve just recently “rediscovered” my love for The Beatles, after a brief spell with prog rock, heavy metal etc. And it felt like nice old “welcome home” listening to them again. That and my growing fascination with their work in the studio brought me back. Anyway, I’m sure it’s gonna be “wonderful to be here”, and meeting you folks is “certainly a thrill”.

19 March 2017
6.43am
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3157
3628sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8It certainly is! a-hard-days-night-john-6 Welcome, @meanmrswalrus! heart

"Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles... " 

2017: 

19 March 2017
8.04am
Martha
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1277
3629sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome to the forum @StrawberryRose and @meanmrswalrus !heart

Not once does the diversity seem forced -- the genius of the record is how the vaudevillian "When I'm 64" seems like a logical extension of "Within You Without You" and how it provides a gateway to the chiming guitars of "Lovely Rita. - Stephen T. Erlewine on Sgt Pepper's

19 March 2017
9.48am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213
3630sp_Permalink sp_Print

We will be such a lovely audience for your contributions to the forum, @meanmrswalrus. Welcome. heart

19 March 2017
10.27am
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
3631sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome to our wonderful new people @StrawberryRose and @meanmrswalrus! I hope you both stick around the best Beatles forum on the ‘nets, and I can’t wait to get to know you better. john-lennon-salute_gifapple01apple02heart

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

19 March 2017
10.42am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
3632sp_Permalink sp_Print

Like your avatar Strawberry Rose!

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

19 March 2017
3.20pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
3633sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome @meanmrswalrus! I hope to see you around!

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

19 March 2017
5.21pm
The Hippie Chick
Counting the holes in Blackburn, Lancashire
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1387
3634sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome, @meanmrswalrus !

“She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together.”  - J.D. Salinger

19 March 2017
5.28pm
William Shears Campbell
Somewhere In The Black Mountain Hills Of Utah
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3629
3635sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome to Fourumpool @meanmrswalrus! Feel free to make yourself at home here.

Here | There | Everywhere

It's ya boi!  The one and only Billy Shears (AKA Paul's Replacement)

"Sometimes I wish I was just George Harrison" - John Lennon

19 March 2017
8.10pm
Elementary Penguin
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1008
3636sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello everyone,

I found this this website while trying to find some information about unreleased Beatles songs and came across this forum and enjoyed reading through it and I have now decided to register so I can join in on the conversation.

A little bit about myself. I became a fan of The Beatles because of The Beatles through The Beatles Anthology and they have been my favourite band ever since.

I was aware of them before the anthology as my Mum was a fan but I wasn’t very interested until I saw the anthology and was instantly hooked and I insisted on recording it on VHS tape so I could watch them over and over and over again and then my Mum bought the red and blue compilations which I listened religiously.

From then I went onto the studio albums, Past Masters compilations, and watching the films. I read a lot and collect Beatles books.

I look forward to contributing to the conversations on this forum and talking to like-minded people.

The following people thank Elementary Penguin for this post:

ewe2, Dark Overlord

And in the end the lunch you take is equal to the lunch you bake.

20 March 2017
8.43am
Martha
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1277
3637sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome to the forum @Elementary Penguin ! heart 

Make yourself at home! There are many great discussions with nice forum members waiting for you! (as long as you don’t kick anybodya-hard-days-night-george-10)

Not once does the diversity seem forced -- the genius of the record is how the vaudevillian "When I'm 64" seems like a logical extension of "Within You Without You" and how it provides a gateway to the chiming guitars of "Lovely Rita. - Stephen T. Erlewine on Sgt Pepper's

20 March 2017
8.47am
The Hippie Chick
Counting the holes in Blackburn, Lancashire
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1387
3638sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome, @Elementary Penguin !

“She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together.”  - J.D. Salinger

20 March 2017
8.50am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213
3639sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome, @Elementary Penguin. There’s a running joke on the forum about @ewe2 and a penguin. Check out his signature line:

I’m like Necko only I’m a bassist ukulele synthesizer penguin and also everyone. Or is everyone me? Now I’m a confused bassist ukulele synthesizer penguin everyone who is definitely not @Joe.

If you ever wonder about our inside forum jokes, just ask. Someone will tell the tale or pull up the post where it all started.

20 March 2017
10.52am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
3640sp_Permalink sp_Print

Cant just explain an in joke before it is even used.

Ruins the reaction.

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5509
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691