Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Introduce yourself to the forum!
12 November 2016
10.21am
Evangeline
1334 North Beechwood Drive
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1808
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3481sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mellow greetings @BeatleSoul! john-lennon-salute_gif

The following people thank Evangeline for this post:

BeatleSoul

I am you as you are you as you are you and you are all together. 

12 November 2016
10.24am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22226
3482sp_Permalink sp_Print

BeatleSoul said
Uhm.. hello.. I’m rather terrible at introductions so bear with me please 🙂 

I’m a 20-year old Beatlemaniac from Italy. My mum’s a Beatles fan as well and it’s her who introduced me to their music when I was around 6. I had a blank period during school time with lots of homework and was more or less hiding my love for the Beatles due to my classmates laughing at it (if I could go back I’d probably punch them but what’s done is done) since it’s “something for old people and outdated in general”.  Finally I managed to let my “true self” out in a way during my last years at high school and bought my first guitar 3 years ago after my enlightening study holiday in Japan. Right there I found myself in a music shop and came across a shelf full of Beatles music and the love got back again. This time though it was stronger than before. 

It started off with me downloading everything I could from YouTube (somehow Beatles’ stuff there keeps disappearing, that’s why I downloaded it) so I could listen to them on the plane on the way to the US and back. It then continued with my purchase of the Beatles A Hard Day’s Night Album CD 2009 in Austin and it ended up with a lovely English lady that I will probably be thanking for my whole life who sent me 5 of their original 1963/1964 singles (From Me To You , She loves you, I Want To Hold Your Hand , Can’t Buy Me Love and I feel fine)  for free after I won her 1963 black/gold 1st pressing of Please Please Me at an eBay auction by miracle.

I then went on to buy some Beatles Monthly Books as soon as I discovered they were produced with the Beatles and the people who were with them during tours. I currently have 23 of them but I am not sure if all of them are originals yet as there’s been some identical 1970’s reprints and I found no useful guide to spot the differences between an original and the reprints. I’m planning on reading one every month though since I want to recreate the original suspense for the “new” month edition each month that fans felt back then 😀 

As to my favourite Beatle… I really can’t choose between John and George. I mean, John’s quick wit and George’s calm attitude, you can’t get better than that ? ? ? I do wish they were still here though.. I’ve never even met them and they’re obviously not from my family but for some reason it’s as if one of my family members passed away so I miss them all the same 🙁 

Lastly, if any of my ex classmates were to read this (I doubt it but you never know), my dear ex classmates, if only you had an inch of the Beatles’ style, both musical and fashion and hairstyle, you would most certainly be better people 😉

That’s all! 🙂 I hope I wasn’t too boring or wrote too much haha 😀   

@BeatleSoul, you are just so far ahead of your classmates. They will wake up out of their foggy haze one of these days and hear the music.

You are in the right place to let your Beatle wig down and Beatles as much as you want to.

I thoroughly enjoyed the two weeks I spent in Italy in 2014. Wonderful scenery and awesome food!

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

BeatleSoul
12 November 2016
12.45pm
natureaker
Blue Jay Way
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1477
3483sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome @BeatleSoul! ahdn_george_08

The following people thank natureaker for this post:

BeatleSoul
12 November 2016
10.01pm
BeatleSoul
Somewhere around the world
The Kaiserkeller
Members
Forum Posts: 55
3484sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
Welcome to the forum (fabulous avatar btw a-hard-days-night-george-10).

Your English is flawless, wish my Italian was as good as your English.

Also George is obviously  the best Beatle and should be considered the favourite of all, no bias at all of course.

I hope you enjoy the forum and stick around, the people are nice here and the chit-chat keeps flowing.  

It’s one of my favourites, he looks great with any hairstyle 🙂  

I’m doing my best not to make mistakes, especially since the Beatles were English and I don’t want to disappoint them, weird as it sounds 😀  I bet your Italian is very good. Usually people who say they don’t speak/write in Italian well are actually the best at it. 

George’s charm is probably the fact that he was the quietest and nearly always had that “thinking” look in his eyes, I don’t know how to explain it, mystically contemplating maybe. Also, he kept looking cool even in his later years.

The following people thank BeatleSoul for this post:

Beatlebug

Long Live The Beatles!

12 November 2016
11.13pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
3485sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome, @BeatleSoul ! Enjoy your time on the forum! paul-mccartney-thumb_gif

The following people thank WeepingAtlasCedars for this post:

BeatleSoul

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

13 November 2016
5.31am
The Hippie Chick
Counting the holes in Blackburn, Lancashire
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1387
3486sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome, @BeatleSoul !apple01apple01

The following people thank The Hippie Chick for this post:

BeatleSoul

“She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together.”  - J.D. Salinger

13 November 2016
7.05pm
GardeningOctopus
Under the Sea
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 256

Greetings and salutations to all! I decide Out Of The Blue to take a class in school about The Beatles and have fallen head over heels for them! I knew who they were before, but have gained such a great respect for them through this class. Not only am I enjoying the music, but the history of it all is incredibly fascinating to me. I happened upon this forum in my travels around the interwebs, lurked around for a while and have finally decided to join. a-hard-days-night-ringo-10

The following people thank GardeningOctopus for this post:

pepperland, Beatlebug
13 November 2016
7.10pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
3488sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome, @GardeningOctopus ! Good on you for taking that class. a-hard-days-night-george-10 Enjoy your time here.

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

13 November 2016
7.28pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
3489sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome @GardeningOctopus! I think you’re the chosen one prophesied by the Ancient Scrawls.

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

13 November 2016
7.33pm
Evangeline
1334 North Beechwood Drive
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1808
3490sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello, @Gardening Octopus! apple01apple01

I am you as you are you as you are you and you are all together. 

13 November 2016
8.26pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
3491sp_Permalink sp_Print

Really cool name, @GardeningOctopus. ahdn_ringo_09

Does your teacher know about this site?

13 November 2016
10.04pm
William Shears Campbell
Somewhere In The Black Mountain Hills Of Utah
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3629
3492sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome to Fourumpool, @GardeningOctopus feel free to share your love for the Beatles here.  We all are probably as obsessed, if not more obsessed than you with the Beatles, and would love to discuss them.

Here | There | Everywhere

It's ya boi!  The one and only Billy Shears (AKA Paul's Replacement)

"Sometimes I wish I was just George Harrison" - John Lennon

14 November 2016
5.47am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
3493sp_Permalink sp_Print

William Shears Campbell said
We all are probably as obsessed, if not more obsessed than you with the Beatles, and would love to discuss them.  

Plot twist! Gartopus is the most obsessed out of all of us.

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

William Shears Campbell

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

14 November 2016
9.31am
GardeningOctopus
Under the Sea
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 256
3494sp_Permalink sp_Print

Starr Shine? said

William Shears Campbell said
We all are probably as obsessed, if not more obsessed than you with the Beatles, and would love to discuss them.  

Plot twist! Gartopus is the most obsessed out of all of us.  

@William Shears Campbell @Starr Shine? You both can rest your pretty little mop top heads easy tonight knowing that I most certainly am not more obsessed than ya’ll.

@Ahhh Girl If she is she has not mentioned it, I’m sure she has seen it at some point though. 

14 November 2016
9.44am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
3495sp_Permalink sp_Print

You might drop a hint to her about the site. I’d love to see her analysis of the site.

23 November 2016
4.24pm
Mojan
London
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 2
3496sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey guys,

I’m a 17 y/o English/Nigerian sixth former who lives in London. I got into The Beatles a month or two ago thanks to A Day In The Life which I found to be a captivating song. I first listened to them out of curiosity, I always used to brush them off as an overrated band from the sixties before then. Afterwards I went on a downloading spree on Google Play music to hear more 😀

I’m really bummed out that I didn’t fall in love with them earlier and that I missed the Premiere in Lieseter Square though.

I think my favourite Beatle would either be George or Ringo. 

The following people thank Mojan for this post:

Beatlebug, natureaker, WeepingAtlasCedars

“Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do without.” ? Confucius, The Book of Rites.

23 November 2016
6.53pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
3497sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome, @Mojan. I was 45 before I discovered The Beatles. I’m glad you found them much earlier in your life’s journey.

A Day In The Life is the song that got Joe, the creator of this site, really into The Beatles too.

Hope you stick around and be Beatles talk with us.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Mojan
23 November 2016
8.02pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
Welcome, welcome, new people! 

HiImage Enlarger

@BeatleSoul, I have to concur with those who’ve complimented your English… and I’m a grammar-Nazi, so that’s saying something. john-lennon-salute_gif 

@GardeningOctopus, love the username. Good choice in classes, too. 

@Mojan Glad to have you! I forgive your original oversight of the Fabs, since you have since seen the light. a-hard-days-night-george-10We are all so glad you found your way to Beatledom. 

Don’t be afraid to jump right in! If there’s anything that you want, if there’s anything I can dooooo, just call on me or any Forumpudlian. We’ll be glad to help. I hope you have a great time in what I consider to be the friendliest, Beatliest place on the ‘nets. a-hard-days-night-george-9 apple01apple01apple01

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

William Shears Campbell, Mojan, BeatleSoul

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

23 November 2016
9.25pm
William Shears Campbell
Somewhere In The Black Mountain Hills Of Utah
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3629
3499sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome to the forum @Mojan!  It’s nice to see another young’n getting into the Beatles.  I’m 17 as well for another 2 months and a couple of weeks.

Here | There | Everywhere

It's ya boi!  The one and only Billy Shears (AKA Paul's Replacement)

"Sometimes I wish I was just George Harrison" - John Lennon

24 November 2016
9.33am
natureaker
Blue Jay Way
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1477
3500sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome to forum @Mojan! Have fun around this great forum!a-hard-days-night-george-9

The following people thank natureaker for this post:

Mojan
Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: PauliesGirl, wormz
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page: PauliesGirl
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22225, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694