Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Introduce yourself to the forum!
31 October 2016
9.25am
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3461sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome to Forumpool, @Pablo Ramon! apple01

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

31 October 2016
11.09am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22212
3462sp_Permalink sp_Print

You’ve found the right place to feed your inner Beatlemaniac, @Pablo Ramon. ahdn_ringo_09

31 October 2016
12.53pm
The Hippie Chick
Counting the holes in Blackburn, Lancashire
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1387
3463sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome, @PaulRamon ! Hope you enjoy it here, I know I do!

“She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together.”  - J.D. Salinger

31 October 2016
1.09pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
3464sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi Pablo!

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

31 October 2016
6.24pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
3465sp_Permalink sp_Print

Bienvenidos, Pablito (:

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

31 October 2016
6.34pm
William Shears Campbell
Somewhere In The Black Mountain Hills Of Utah
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3629
3466sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello @Pablo Ramon 

Here | There | Everywhere

It's ya boi!  The one and only Billy Shears (AKA Paul's Replacement)

"Sometimes I wish I was just George Harrison" - John Lennon

2 November 2016
1.39pm
moriz
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 127
3467sp_Permalink sp_Print

Greetings, everyone! My name is Moriz.

A few weeks ago, I suddenly remembered that I own the entire Beatles discography. I ended up listening to the whole thing over the course of a few days, and have hardly been able to listen to anything else! Since no one I know shares my love for this band, I decided to join this forum so I can stop annoying my poor friends with my ramblings. Nice to see some like-minded people about. I hope I can have a good time here!

The following people thank moriz for this post:

William Shears Campbell, WeepingAtlasCedars, natureaker
2 November 2016
1.47pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22212
3468sp_Permalink sp_Print

This is the place to come to get your Beatles on, @moriz. stuart-sutcliffe Glad you joined us. Have fun learning and sharing your thoughts with us.

2 November 2016
1.47pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
3469sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi moriz, like your avatar.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

2 November 2016
2.13pm
The Hippie Chick
Counting the holes in Blackburn, Lancashire
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1387
3470sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome, @moriz ! apple01apple01apple01

“She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together.”  - J.D. Salinger

2 November 2016
11.32pm
William Shears Campbell
Rishikesh
Members
3471sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello @moriz 

3 November 2016
4.39pm
limitlessundyinglove
At the local Bird and Bee
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 347
3472sp_Permalink sp_Print

moriz said
Greetings, everyone! My name is Moriz.

A few weeks ago, I suddenly remembered that I own the entire Beatles discography. I ended up listening to the whole thing over the course of a few days, and have hardly been able to listen to anything else! Since no one I know shares my love for this band, I decided to join this forum so I can stop annoying my poor friends with my ramblings. Nice to see some like-minded people about. I hope I can have a good time here!  

You sure can!  Welcome to the forum @moriz apple01

Grooving some cookie spaghetti since 1968.

5 November 2016
8.41pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
3473sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m kinda late, but hey: welcome @moriz ! paul-mccartney-thumb_gif

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

6 November 2016
7.09am
natureaker
Blue Jay Way
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1477
3474sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome to the forum @moriz ! Have an apple for your journeys around the forum! apple01a-hard-days-night-john-3

11 November 2016
11.13pm
BeatleSoul
Somewhere around the world
The Kaiserkeller
Members
Forum Posts: 55
3475sp_Permalink sp_Print

Uhm.. hello.. I’m rather terrible at introductions so bear with me please 🙂 

I’m a 20-year old Beatlemaniac from Italy. My mum’s a Beatles fan as well and it’s her who introduced me to their music when I was around 6. I had a blank period during school time with lots of homework and was more or less hiding my love for the Beatles due to my classmates laughing at it (if I could go back I’d probably punch them but what’s done is done) since it’s “something for old people and outdated in general”.  Finally I managed to let my “true self” out in a way during my last years at high school and bought my first guitar 3 years ago after my enlightening study holiday in Japan. Right there I found myself in a music shop and came across a shelf full of Beatles music and the love got back again. This time though it was stronger than before. 

It started off with me downloading everything I could from YouTube (somehow Beatles’ stuff there keeps disappearing, that’s why I downloaded it) so I could listen to them on the plane on the way to the US and back. It then continued with my purchase of the Beatles A Hard Day’s Night Album CD 2009 in Austin and it ended up with a lovely English lady that I will probably be thanking for my whole life who sent me 5 of their original 1963/1964 singles (From Me To You , She loves you, I Want To Hold Your Hand , Can’t Buy Me Love and I feel fine)  for free after I won her 1963 black/gold 1st pressing of Please Please Me at an eBay auction by miracle.

I then went on to buy some Beatles Monthly Books as soon as I discovered they were produced with the Beatles and the people who were with them during tours. I currently have 23 of them but I am not sure if all of them are originals yet as there’s been some identical 1970’s reprints and I found no useful guide to spot the differences between an original and the reprints. I’m planning on reading one every month though since I want to recreate the original suspense for the “new” month edition each month that fans felt back then 😀 

As to my favourite Beatle… I really can’t choose between John and George. I mean, John’s quick wit and George’s calm attitude, you can’t get better than that ? ? ? I do wish they were still here though.. I’ve never even met them and they’re obviously not from my family but for some reason it’s as if one of my family members passed away so I miss them all the same 🙁 

Lastly, if any of my ex classmates were to read this (I doubt it but you never know), my dear ex classmates, if only you had an inch of the Beatles’ style, both musical and fashion and hairstyle, you would most certainly be better people 😉

That’s all! 🙂 I hope I wasn’t too boring or wrote too much haha 😀 

The following people thank BeatleSoul for this post:

pepperland

Long Live The Beatles!

12 November 2016
5.44am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
3476sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

BeatleSoul

12 November 2016
7.16am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
3477sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome to the forum (fabulous avatar btw a-hard-days-night-george-10).

Your English is flawless, wish my Italian was as good as your English.

Also George is obviously  the best Beatle and should be considered the favourite of all, no bias at all of course.

I hope you enjoy the forum and stick around, the people are nice here and the chit-chat keeps flowing.

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

BeatleSoul

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

12 November 2016
7.28am
Pablo Ramon
Some Time in NYC
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 687
3478sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome @BeatleSoul 

The following people thank Pablo Ramon for this post:

BeatleSoul
12 November 2016
8.28am
William Shears Campbell
Rishikesh
Members
3479sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello and Welcome to the forum @BeatleSoul 

The following people thank William Shears Campbell for this post:

BeatleSoul

12 November 2016
8.36am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
3480sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
I was just looking over my post and I thought what a crappy job I did introducing myself, so I’ve nicked one of them “Get To Know Me” questions off tumblr so here we go:

Put your music on shuffle. First 5 songs that pop up: I Want You (She’s So Heavy)- The Beatles. Live a Lie- thenewno2. If I Fell -The Beatles. Strawberry Fields Forever – The Beatles. Hey Joe-The Jimi Hendrix Experience…let it be known that I do have other songs that are not by The Beatles ahdn_george_08

Grab the book nearest to you, page 23 line 17, what is it?: “They originally came from central Europe but eventually spread their influence over much of the continent especially in Ireland, Britain, France, Spain and as far south as Turkey in Eastern Europe (my history book, go figure)

What’s your strangest talent: I can put my leg behind my head

Whats a sound you hate: People mmmmming as they eat their food. SHUT UP, SHUT UPPPPP!!!

Sound you love: Fingers tapping on keyboards (I don’t know why…)

What was the last movie you saw: Withnail and I, it’s brilliant on my favourite films list!

What’s the last thing you bought: A bottle of milk

What is your heritage: As far as I can date back, I’m 100% Irish

Whats a song that always makes you happy whenever you hear it: Miss O’Dell-George Harrison (his laugh,*giggles girlishly over George’s  cuteness*)

What is a saying you say a lot: I have three: Well you know yourself, speak of the devil and BEH JAYSUS

You just got a free plane ticket to anywhere. Where do you go: To Orlando, it costs €1000 to fly from Orlando to Dublin and if I’m getting it for free then AWAY I GO!

Quick, look at your movie collection: first movie you see: V for Vendetta

Look everyone it’s one of my first posts!

It’s nice to look through this thread every few months and see what is generally the first post that all of our long terms users made. 

Actually I might redo this:

Put your music on shuffle. First 5 songs that pop up: For Emily,  Whenever I May Find Her’- Simon & Garfunkel. Till There Was You – The Beatles. Break On Through (To The Otherside)- The Doors. Going Down to Golders’ Green-George Harrison . Pure Smokey- George Harrison

Grab the book nearest to you, page 23 line 17, what is it?: “Non-economists, argues Budd, tend to see things from a partial equilibrium point of view”- thanks Budd (it’s an economics book as you could probably tell)

What’s your strangest talent: Apart from my leg trick, (quite disgusting but) I can burp whenever I want, it’s good when you have something stuck in your throat.

What’s a sound you hate: Along with people mmmmming, people slurping soup/liquid “SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UPPPPP”

Sound you love: Rain knocking against a wind/roof when I’m all inside and cosy.

What was the last movie you saw: The World’s End, the last film in the Three Flavours Cornetto series. It’s good for what it is.

What’s the last thing you bought: A packet of toffee popcorn, omnomnomnom

What is your heritage: Well I haven’t been reborn since 2013 so I don’t think it has changed

What’s a song that always makes you happy whenever you hear it: About from Miss O’Dell (which still does the trick), ‘Here Comes The Sun ‘ is a good one and I also like ‘Always Look On the Bright Side of Life’.

What is a saying you say a lot: Not so much sayings but words; “bollocks”, “thanks hun (said in a demeaning way), “bless your heart sugar” (another demeaning one)

You just got a free plane ticket to anywhere. Where do you go: Apart from Orlando, probably Tokyo. I’d get to practice my rubbish Japanese.

Quick, look at your movie collection: first movie you see: The Producers, the original film version. Great film, one of my favourites.

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

Beatlebug, BeatleSoul

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5510
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22212, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691