Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Introduce yourself to the forum!
9 August 2014
11.47pm
Bulldog
The Rhythm Revue
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1512
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2461sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome @McCall1981! I’m sure you’ll love the Paul concert.

If you're lonely (or not!), you can talk to me. .....Hey! Are you a new member on this fine forum and don't know where to go to introduce yourself?
Well, you can do it here! Dig it?

10 August 2014
4.43am
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6147
2462sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome @UnidentifiedFiendishThingy and @McCall1981!

Fiendish: I too strongly dislike most modern music…

McCall: Have fun at the concert! I’m sure you’ll have a great time.

I see you two both have a dad/Sgt. Pepper memory in common.

The following people thank Mr. Kite for this post:

UnidentifiedFiendishThingy

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love!
If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible:

Amazon | iTunes

10 August 2014
5.47am
Across The Universe
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 542
2463sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks @Mr. Kite 

@McCall1981 My friend is going to the concert at Candlestick. I would have gone if there were still tickets available. paul-mccartneyIts kinda sad that this is the last concert at the Stick but its fitting that Paul is playing. Have fun. a-hard-days-night-george-9

Look its a thingy! A fiendish thingy!

10 August 2014
3.53pm
McCall1981
The Jacaranda
Members
Forum Posts: 27
2464sp_Permalink sp_Print

UnidentifiedFiendishThingy said
Thanks @Mr. Kite 

@McCall1981 My friend is going to the concert at Candlestick. I would have gone if there were still tickets available. paul-mccartneyIts kinda sad that this is the last concert at the Stick but its fitting that Paul is playing. Have fun. a-hard-days-night-george-9

Thanks!

Yeah, it’s sad Candlestick is going, but at least this is a good send off.

10 August 2014
10.01pm
Mimi
Left of greenland
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
Forum Posts: 480

@McCall1981 welcome to the forum, I hope you stick around. And enjoy Candlestick!! I saw Paul last week and I’m still in shock from the experience 

@UnidentifiedFiendishThingy (love the name) I’m 15! Glad you decided to join the forum

The following people thank Mimi for this post:

We were just trying to write songs about prostitutes and lesbians

11 August 2014
3.16am
ohthatmagicfeeling
southeastern MA
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 5
2466sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just joined this site after lurking about for a few months.  I originally found it it when I did a Google search for some information on a Beatles song, and I ended up browsing for awhile.

I have been into the Beatles since my sister got the “Rock ‘n Roll Music” compilation back in 1976.  At the time the only rock I had heard was the Monkees (we used to watch reruns of it) and I remember thinking that the Beatles were a lot louder and more aggressive sounding.  From there, I discovered them album by album on vinyl, and they have been one of my favorite bands since.

When I started playing guitar at the age of 10, I thought that Beatles songs would be easy to learn.  My guitar teacher gave me Yelllow Submarine and Let It Be .  Later I discovered that there were a lot more tricky chords then I thought; If I Fell was quite a revelation to me as a guitar player.

I don’t know if I have a favorite album or song.  I am very Zen about the Beatles; whatever I am hearing at the moment sounds great to me.  Sgt. Pepper and Abbey Road are up there, and I’ve been reconsidering Revolver since reading Geoff Emerick’s book as well as Robert Rodriguez’s book on it.  Then again, I also really love With the Beatles and the early stuff.  So much greatness in there!

I read the new Lewisohn book a few months ago, and while I thought I knew a lot about the Beatles, that book was amazing in the level of detail it provided.  Looking forward to the next volume — in maybe 5-10 years!

I am really looking forward to reading more on these pages.  Thanks for a great site! a-hard-days-night-john-6

"Soon we'll be away from here. Step on the gas and wipe that tear away."

11 August 2014
3.48am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
2467sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ Welcome to the site. Hope you stick around for a while

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

11 August 2014
4.03am
Mr. Kite
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
2468sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome @ohthatmagicfeeling! Lurking leads a lot of people (including myself) here, and it’s a great place to be! I’m sure you’ll enjoy learning even more about The Beatles…

The following people thank Mr. Kite for this post:

ohthatmagicfeeling

Can buy Joe love!
If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible:

Amazon | iTunes

12 August 2014
5.58am
paulramon1962
Cedar City, Utah
The Kaiserkeller
Members
Forum Posts: 53
2469sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, I’ve forgotten to introduce myself! I’ve been posting for a day now, and I suppose I should have come here first.

Ah, easy come, easy go. ahdn_ringo_09

ahdn_paul_01a-hard-days-night-john-7ahdn_george_07

Well? a-hard-days-night-ringo-12

Anyway, I’m a 22 year old college student and musician who has a lifelong passion for The Beatles. I’ve listened to them ever since I was a little baby, and to this day I find them the greatest band in the world. I know quite a bit about the Beatles, but I never get to geek out about them with anybody which is why I joined the group here! So far it has been quite fun to look around, read, and post some reviews on albums, songs, and movies.

My goal here is to be the best content contributing member I can, and maybe, just maybe, find somebody who can actually give me a run for my money in Beatles Trivial Pursuit. Everyone else I’ve played has forfeited due to lack of knowledge stuart-sutcliffe

I hope to keep having fun here. It’s been great so far!
-Marc

The following people thank paulramon1962 for this post:

Mr. Kite

Favorite Beatle of the moment: Paul McCartney

12 August 2014
6.08am
Across The Universe
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 542
2470sp_Permalink sp_Print

@paulramon1962 I shall now be the first to welcome you even though I have spoken to you already and am new myself. Welcome, I joined for the same reasons you did and this is a great place. We should play Beatles Trivial Pursuit, although from what I’ve seen you seem to be quite the opponent. I’m watching you a-hard-days-night-john-3

The following people thank UnidentifiedFiendishThingy for this post:

paulramon1962

Look its a thingy! A fiendish thingy!

12 August 2014
1.09pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
2471sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome! Hope you have fun and stick around for a  bit

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

paulramon1962

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

12 August 2014
3.22pm
Bulldog
The Rhythm Revue
Candlestick Park
Members
2472sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome @paulramon1962!

The following people thank Bulldog for this post:

paulramon1962

If you're lonely (or not!), you can talk to me. .....Hey! Are you a new member on this fine forum and don't know where to go to introduce yourself?

12 August 2014
4.39pm
Beatleva
In my life
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 672

Welcome to the forum @paulramon1962! Hope you’ll enjoy it!

The following people thank Beatleva for this post:

paulramon1962
16 August 2014
3.54pm
Marmalade skies
Southwest USA
Casbah Coffee Club
Members
Forum Posts: 21

Thank you for acknowledging me Mr. Kite.  

Just found this site today…  Was searching for a fun forum where I could meet people and chat about my favorite topic, The Beatles.  I’m going to see Sir Paul McCartney Oct. 13th in Dallas and am super psyched.  I’ve never seen him in concert so this is a big first.  I was born in 1959, so I was approximately 5 years old during the American invasion and the first Ed Sullivan show.  

Oh, I did travel to NYC in 2010 for Yoko’s special exhibit for John (part of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame).  That was so awesome.  The other sites I found while in NYC was The Dakota and the memorial in Central Park, Imagine .  So, not many exciting things to have experienced, but hope to do more in the future, like visit Liverpool!

Thanks again and I hope with time and I can navigate myself around this forum better:)

Marmalade skies:)

a-hard-days-night-john-3

The following people thank Marmalade skies for this post:

Mr. Kite

Favorite Beatle: John

16 August 2014
4.43pm
Mr. Kite
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
2475sp_Permalink sp_Print

marmalade skies said

Just found this site today…  Was searching for a fun forum where I could meet people and chat about my favorite topic, The Beatles.  

Anytime! You found the perfect place… Have fun seeing Paul, I’m sure you’ll tell us all about it after.

Can buy Joe love!

Amazon | iTunes

16 August 2014
4.59pm
Bulldog
The Rhythm Revue
Candlestick Park
Members
2476sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome @Marmalade skies! I’m sure you’ll enjoy the Paul show, I’ve seen him in concert before. I’m actually going to the Paul show two days after the one you’re going to! 

16 August 2014
5.31pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
2477sp_Permalink sp_Print

marmalade skies said

Just found this site today…  Was searching for a fun forum where I could meet people and chat about my favorite topic, The Beatles.  I’m going to see Sir Paul McCartney Oct. 13th in Dallas and am super psyched.  I’ve never seen him in concert so this is a big first.  I was born in 1959, so I was approximately 5 years old during the American invasion and the first Ed Sullivan show.  

Oh, I did travel to NYC in 2010 for Yoko’s special exhibit for John (part of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame).  That was so awesome.  The other sites I found while in NYC was The Dakota and the memorial in Central Park, Imagine .  So, not many exciting things to have experienced, but hope to do more in the future, like visit Liverpool!

Thanks again and I hope with time and I can navigate myself around this forum better:)

Marmalade skies:)

a-hard-days-night-john-3

Welcome to the forum

16 August 2014
5.59pm
Beatleva
In my life
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 672
2478sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome @Marmalade skies! 

Don’t worry, you will get used to navigating yourself around this forum soon enough. :)

I always get jealous when people talk about going to Paul’s concerts, I’ve never been to one. Why doesn’t he ever come to Holland? ahdn_paul_01

17 August 2014
4.35pm
mcpon14
Casbah Coffee Club
Members
Forum Posts: 21
2479sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thank you Bulldog.  Thank you Beatleva.  For the welcomes.  🙂  

Thank you everybody else that I might’ve missed.  🙂

The following people thank mcpon14 for this post:

Bulldog, Beatleva
24 August 2014
9.43pm
cleaner101
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 5
2480sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello all,

Just a quick introduction from myself. I’m a 34-year-old lifelong Beatle fan… although I didn’t realise it until around 1994.

My parents played a lot of The Beatles all through my childhood but the songs sort of blended into the background of me playing on my Amstrad CPC and I wasn’t really interested in music at all until my parents bought the Beatles anthology. Then, upon hearing that (the first CD in my home) I found myself digging out their old vinyl albums and consuming them with complete obsession. All the songs I had heard in the background through my childhood suddenly seemed to have gained a new level of greatness… that’s the best way to describe it I suppose.

When I started to go through The Beatles catalogue, I was amazed by how many songs this band had written that I had heard previously but wasn’t even aware it was them that had written them. This is embarrassing now to admit but my level of nativity stretched to not knowing that they had penned such famous songs as ‘Help ‘ and ‘I’m Only Sleeping ‘ – crazy!!!

My favourite album is either Revolver or Rubber Soul (this changes) but I can find something I love in every one of their albums. Favourite songs is harder but I’ll list a few that come to mind below (but please don’t hold me to these, as they can also change hourly!!)

That list is wholly unsatisfactory as I could have kept going for a very long time, but there it is for this very moment. Anyway, I’ve rambled for long enough. I’m looking forward to reading others opinions on this forum and hopefully learning a few things about this band I hadn’t previously known.

All the best,

Cleaner101

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22223, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694