Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Introduce yourself to the forum!
30 July 2014
1.23pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2401sp_Permalink sp_Print

Definitely close enough, @badbartimus! I will get my chance to cross it next year. I am thinking I will plan to be there very early on a Sunday morning when the traffic will be lightest. I love big world cities when they are bustling, but I also love them on quiet, early Sunday mornings.

30 July 2014
1.28pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2402sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey Jude said

I don’t know why i’m getting a strange feeling that @parlance is Paul McCartney in disguise !

I met parlance. No kissing happened. Not Paul.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Bulldog, parlance, Hey Jude !, Mr. Kite
30 July 2014
3.34pm
Hey Jude !
BeatlesBible House, Nowhere Land
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
Forum Posts: 494
2403sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

Hey Jude said

I don’t know why i’m getting a strange feeling that @parlance is Paul McCartney in disguise !

I met parlance. No kissing happened. Not Paul.

I wonder if either Paul or Ringo are members/users on this site.

30 July 2014
5.42pm
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2080
2404sp_Permalink sp_Print

If I were a famous musician I don’t think I could resist reading — at least once in a while — a website about ME ME MEblue-meanie

The following people thank Funny Paper for this post:

Starr Shine?, Bulldog, Ahhh Girl, Mr. Kite

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

2 August 2014
2.19am
badbartimus
St Peters Church
Members
Forum Posts: 12

Ahhh Girl said
Definitely close enough, @badbartimus! I will get my chance to cross it next year. I am thinking I will plan to be there very early on a Sunday morning when the traffic will be lightest. I love big world cities when they are bustling, but I also love them on quiet, early Sunday mornings.

That was my plan, originally. I arrived at Heathrow at 7 AM on a Sunday and was at my hotel by 9:30. I was exhausted, though, and went to sleep instead of sight-seeing. I hope to do this again with my whole family and get a shot of all five of us in the zebra crossing. THAT would be cool. I’d also love to do the Abbey Road Studio tour. 

The following people thank badbartimus for this post:

Ahhh Girl

There's more here than meets the eye.

3 August 2014
11.43pm
Rita Eleanor
Sitting in his nowhere land
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 110
2406sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, I find it easier to talk about The Beatles than myself! But I will try to speak a little
                 My name is Mariana and I am Brazilian (Brazil has some around here?), I’m a little crazy, funny and friendly. But I have an even stronger brand: my love for The Beatles. They simply changed me and the whole world!
                 I started listening to The Beatles and live to 12 years, thanks to nostalgic In my life, I was charmed face and never let them aside.
                 I’m so fanatical that made ??a book of all the songs of The Beatles and their translations at hand! Gave almost 400 pages! I’ve read the book The Biography by Bob Spitz and Here There and Everywhere by Geoff Emerick
                   I do not know anybody who likes the Beatles as much as I do, then I love to discuss and talk with those who understand me, so I‘m at The Beatles Bible, to talk to all of you! I will not say anything more because I prefer to let you discover!

PS: I do not speak very much English, sometimes I have to use the Google translator, sorry
Hello, Goodbye !

The following people thank Rita Eleanor for this post:

Starr Shine?

Nobody told me there'd be days like these!!

3 August 2014
11.44pm
Sugarplum fairy
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 241
2407sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello everyone.  What a great place!  I can’t understand how I didn’t come across you all before..  I’m from Cornwall England and I’m a huge Beatles fan.  Favourite album would have to be the White Album .  Hard to pick favourite track ’cause I like them all except Revolution no 9 and Goodnight!

I like trying to play acoustic Beatles covers and I’ve spent quite a while today listening to some of the great ones here!  I have some on youtube but I’ve sort of given up playing lately.  But today has cheered me up no end. 🙂  

The following people thank Sugarplum fairy for this post:

Bulldog
3 August 2014
11.46pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
2408sp_Permalink sp_Print

It’s okay there are quite a few members on here who are not the best at English. I hope you have a fantastic time on this site!

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

Rita Eleanor

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

3 August 2014
11.47pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
2409sp_Permalink sp_Print

ahdn_paul_06 Welcome @Sugarplum fairy (I like your username) I hope that you have a fab time on this fab forum!

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

Sugarplum fairy

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

4 August 2014
12.12am
Bulldog
The Rhythm Revue
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1512
2410sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome @Sugarplum fairy! I’m glad this forum has improved your mood, and I hope it will continue to do so as it has for me. a-hard-days-night-george-9

The following people thank Bulldog for this post:

Sugarplum fairy

If you're lonely (or not!), you can talk to me. .....Hey! Are you a new member on this fine forum and don't know where to go to introduce yourself?
Well, you can do it here! Dig it?

4 August 2014
1.10am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2411sp_Permalink sp_Print

Greetings, Sugarplum Fairy. How did you stumble upon Joe’s website and its happy forum?

Sugarplum fairy
4 August 2014
1.17am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
2412sp_Permalink sp_Print

Nothing to apologise for @Rita Eleanor, its great to have you here with us all.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Bulldog, Rita Eleanor

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

4 August 2014
1.27am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2413sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello Rita Eleanor. I moved your introduction post to this thread so it could be found with the other introductions from our members.

Being from Brazil, do you know the Lizzie Bravo story?

Rita Eleanor
4 August 2014
1.45am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
2414sp_Permalink sp_Print

Was Lizzie Bravo from Brazil? Well i never knew that. Shame her efforts didnt matched the possible greatness of the song.a-hard-days-night-paul-3

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Rita Eleanor

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

4 August 2014
7.35am
Sugarplum fairy
Members
Forum Posts: 241

Ahhh Girl said
Greetings, Sugarplum Fairy. How did you stumble upon Joe’s website and its happy forum?

Odd really.  I was listening to the haunting song ‘Sparrow’ on youtube by Mary Hopkin, the B side of Macca’s Goodbye.  I went looking for the words and somehow ended up here!

Macca didn’t write Sparrow but he produced it.  I especially like the weird bit on the fade out.

Edit- Sorry I only meant to put a quiet youtube link in and it went Poof! and turned into a big screen!  So much to learn… 

4 August 2014
1.21pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

@meanmistermustard, I learned about her from wetsroosa’s interviews. Start with the last post on

https://www.beatlesbible.com/f…..en/page-7/

and continue on for a few posts on the following page.

He mentioned that he would be able to post the interview at some point.

Thank you for the story @Sugarplum fairy! YouTube videos usually display that way. @Von Bontee, or is it @vonbontee a-hard-days-night-george-9, has a campaign out for people to delete the video url if they quote a post with a video in it so that the video doesn’t show up more than once on a page. Just so you know, those two people are the same person. He had something to post one day, but couldn’t remember his password so he created a new account. It is one of our running jokes on the forum.

Sugarplum fairy, vonbontee
4 August 2014
5.04pm
StrawberryWalrus
Members
Forum Posts: 278
2417sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, to introduce myself since I can see myself stumbling about in future, especially reading songs category on this website. I’m StrawberryWalrus, I’m 18 years old, enjoy music a lot, play guitar, blah blah. Besides that, I do not have any meaningful life experiences to share with you. Would love to have a job related to music or become a performer myself, but unfortunately I do not have support from family. And in my country (Croatia), it’s not the best thing to do if you aren’t a braindead performer.

My “Beatles Journey” isn’t even that interesting, it’s primarily over internet. 

When I was in 7th grade in primary school, we had a music class. Sometimes we’d had to play some tunes’ melodies on synthesizers to get a grade, it was pretty simple overall. So, one day we moved on to more “modern” music and we mentioned Rock Around The Clock, Elvis and eventually Beatles. The song we had to learn was All My Loving (precisely, only the verse “Close your eyes/ And I’ll kiss you/…” and so on all until the chorus (if this is the chorus “All My Loving /I will send to you/…”). At that time I listened to something… I think it was rap, lol. I didn’t even care about Beatles then, but I found that tune catchy and I learned the “chorus” part too and played it. No one else did, teacher said it was nice of me to learn that, no one really cared for that, the end.

Fast forward two or three years later, there I am, almost out of primary school, thinking I was all grown up and cool (opposite of today – I’d rather be a child forever) and I started listening to Green Day. Rather embarassing phase, but I knew every song by heart. Every. Wanting to prove myself as some kind of cool rocker/punker, I searched for some cool rock or even metal songs. I found Helter Skelter over internet and it was awesome. I liked that song very much. Nothing interesting happened after that and I proceeded to listen to metal mostly.

Fast forwarding even further to year 2013., second half of it. I searched for honest, good, or just simple music. I still loved rock, I kinda “grew over” my previous “child” bands and started to appreciate older work some more. And I found about Blondie. That’s a great band, I still love it (especially Debbie Harry – the most beautiful girl ever). It had a poppy nature, punk hostility, mix of disco and stuff like that. But I was hungry for more Blondie, so I searched for Blondie or something like that. I stumbled upon a great review site, written in some older website creating program for sure, lots of lots of text (I still read it – Only Solitaire) and found Blondie reviews. Enjoyed reading them a lot.

Now, this is where the 7th grade experience comes in handy – for some reason I remember that song and decide to listen to it on YouTube. Magnificient song. Then my mother told me how she used to sing Hey Jude to me when I was a baby, so I listened to that and it was magnificent once again. Then I remembered Helter Skelter . Eventually, I read that old review site again and look up the Beatles section – something I did purely out of boredom and it’s probably my best musical find ever. I heard about Sgt. Pepper before and review was interesting enough to make listen to it… and so I did! Nothing majestic to it, really. I liked it instantly – of course, some songs weren’t as catchy for me – Lovely Rita , When I’m 64 – tho I instantly loved Kite, Reprise, LSD and A Day In The Life .

Even more boredom lead me to listening to their first album, Please Please Me . I decided I would listen to them chronologically. And so I did. I loved Please Please Me , WTB was a huge, huge smile bringer to my face and AHDN was just to perfect. I just continued like that, carefully watching so I don’t hear them all too soon. I just listened to Abbey Road and Let It Be last week or so. And that was a magical tour, indeed. It kinda spoiled me for other musicians tho, I find myself listening to Beatles just about all the time. But not in that teenage “repeat songs till end” way, of course. This was my best bored decision, so now I plan to discover other bands’ work in this fashion. I have a lot to discover, and that’s just what makes me happy, since tht can show you things like Beatles.

4 August 2014
5.06pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
2418sp_Permalink sp_Print

ahdn_paul_06 Welcome @StrawberryWalrus (Cool username) Hope you have loads of fantastic fun on this site!

4 August 2014
5.32pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2419sp_Permalink sp_Print

@StrawberryWalrus, you are well into your Beatles journey. Congrats!

We have another member (@IveJustSeenAFaceo) who likes Green Day. He has had some computer problems the past few weeks, but he will log in when he can.

4 August 2014
5.33pm
Beatleva
In my life
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 672
2420sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome to all newcomers!

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5518
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694