Log In

Please consider registering
Guest

— Forum Scope —






— Match —





— Forum Options —





Min search length: 3 characters / Max search length: 84 characters

Register Ranks

Register Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Introduce yourself to the forum!
RSS
Avatar
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
1054 Posts
(Offline)
221
27 July 2010 - 10.24pm

Now we have a whole family. Holy buckets of yellow matter custard.

 

Welcomea-hard-days-night-george-6

"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."

Avatar
A Fiendish Thingy
By the banks of her own lagoon
373 Posts
(Offline)
222
27 July 2010 - 10.24pm

Haha, welcome! a-hard-days-night-george-9 You sound like a really groovy mom.

Are you a veggie too? I've been trying to become one, but MY mother is a huge meat lover and just always ends up mixing some chicken into the meal, despite my nagging. a-hard-days-night-paul-1

I'm in love, but I'm lazy.

LadyMadonna
Lying on the bed, listening to the music playing in my head.
6 Posts
(Offline)
223
27 July 2010 - 10.51pm

Thanks so much, A Fiendish Thingy. No, I'm not a vegetarian, but my husband and I never have been big meat-eaters. So when our older son asked five years ago if he could go veggie, it was hardly any trouble to accommodate him. Really, putting up with comments from well-meaning (or not-so-well-meaning) adults is more bother than accommodating the veggies. Our older daughter stopped eating meat a couple of years after her brother did. They were both pretty chuffed when they found out most of the Beatles were vegetarians too. The younger daughter dabbled in vegetarianism for a little while, until one night we were making cheeseburgers with bacon and blue cheese (which is funny in itself, as it was the third time in our married lives we'd even purchased bacon) and the smell was just too tempting for her to resist.

Most days we don't eat meat. When we do, it isn't much trouble to make meat-free portions for the vegetarians. There are a lot of recipes at the McCartneys' Meat Free Monday site if your mother is willing to try them. Another site we really enjoy is called The Veggie Table. (I don't know whether posting a link would be considered spamming, but I think you'll be able to find it.) I think summer is an excellent time to try going veggie because there's such a great variety of fruits and vegetables in season and readily available, and a nice salad is such a natural choice for dinner when it's too hot to cook. Good luck persuading your mom.

EDITED TO ADD: Don't worry, MrBig. I promise I won't post nearly as often as my daughter.

Avatar
skye
AZ
2252 Posts
(Offline)
224
28 July 2010 - 12.50am

Welcome to the forum. I'm a bit surprised LadyMadonna was free. brian-epstein

Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo! So little time! So much to know!

Avatar
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
1054 Posts
(Offline)
225
28 July 2010 - 1.12am

LadyMadonna said:

Thanks so much, A Fiendish Thingy. No, I'm not a vegetarian, but my husband and I never have been big meat-eaters. So when our older son asked five years ago if he could go veggie, it was hardly any trouble to accommodate him. Really, putting up with comments from well-meaning (or not-so-well-meaning) adults is more bother than accommodating the veggies. Our older daughter stopped eating meat a couple of years after her brother did. They were both pretty chuffed when they found out most of the Beatles were vegetarians too. The younger daughter dabbled in vegetarianism for a little while, until one night we were making cheeseburgers with bacon and blue cheese (which is funny in itself, as it was the third time in our married lives we'd even purchased bacon) and the smell was just too tempting for her to resist.

Most days we don't eat meat. When we do, it isn't much trouble to make meat-free portions for the vegetarians. There are a lot of recipes at the McCartneys' Meat Free Monday site if your mother is willing to try them. Another site we really enjoy is called The Veggie Table. (I don't know whether posting a link would be considered spamming, but I think you'll be able to find it.) I think summer is an excellent time to try going veggie because there's such a great variety of fruits and vegetables in season and readily available, and a nice salad is such a natural choice for dinner when it's too hot to cook. Good luck persuading your mom.

EDITED TO ADD: Don't worry, MrBig. I promise I won't post nearly as often as my daughter.


No, it's alright. What I meant was that a whole family has never joined this site.

"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."

LadyMadonna
Lying on the bed, listening to the music playing in my head.
6 Posts
(Offline)
226
28 July 2010 - 4.43am

skye said:

Welcome to the forum. I'm a bit surprised LadyMadonna was free. brian-epstein


 

Yeah, me too. I hope I'm not stepping on the toes of anyone who's already posting as Lady Madonna or Lady_Madonna.

Avatar
sarah machinella
877 Posts
(Offline)
227
28 July 2010 - 5.56am

Welcome to the forum! I haven't seen anyone with either of those names, and I've been here for a while, so it's alright. If anyone has them, they don't ever post.

Avatar
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
4618 Posts
(Offline)
228
28 July 2010 - 6.28am

Welcome Lady Madonna!! Your kids are very nice!! (ok guys now you pay me that dollar we talked about..)

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

Avatar
sarah machinella
877 Posts
(Offline)
229
28 July 2010 - 7.30am

A dollar? I was promised 50 cents... I see a bit of favouritism going on here

Avatar
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
4618 Posts
(Offline)
230
28 July 2010 - 4.00pm

Paulrus said:

A dollar? I was promised 50 cents... I see a bit of favouritism going on here


 

Ehhh the deal was you had to pay me.. LOL!!

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

Avatar
Bjway
On The Hill
166 Posts
(Offline)
231
30 July 2010 - 2.46am

Von Bontee said:

Hi Bj, there's a few of us Torontonians here! (Or close enough - Brampton, in my case.)


 

Hi thanks. Now there's one more, also not technically in the municipality.

The Pope owns 51% of General Motors

Avatar
PLovesBeatles
1 Posts
(Offline)
232
8 August 2010 - 12.37am

Hello!!

I just got one thing to say: I Love The Beatles

BUt it is so hard to find someone (besides my dad!!! :S) who likes the beatles as much as I do!!

I think I found the right place!!

😀

a-hard-days-night-john-4

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality. " - John Lennon


Avatar
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
1054 Posts
(Offline)
233
8 August 2010 - 12.48am

PLovesBeatles said:

Hello!!

I just got one thing to say: I Love The Beatles

BUt it is so hard to find someone (besides my dad!!! :S) who likes the beatles as much as I do!!

I think I found the right place!!

😀

a-hard-days-night-john-4


Indeed you havea-hard-days-night-john-6

"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."

Avatar
Dear Prudence
Coming down fast but miles above you.
1143 Posts
(Offline)
234
8 August 2010 - 5.33pm

MrBig said:

Am I the only one who thought this was about the early version of Hello Goodbye?


No, I did too.a-hard-days-night-paul-1

Note by Ahhh Girl 10 August 2014: For the context of this post and the next one see
http://www.beatlesbible.com/fo.....e-9/#p8062

Dear Prudence

Giving you quality -Facepalms- , since August 7, 2010.

Avatar
Dear Prudence
Coming down fast but miles above you.
1143 Posts
(Offline)
235
8 August 2010 - 5.35pm

They say its you birthday, well its my birthday too.a-hard-days-night-ringo-10

Dear Prudence

Giving you quality -Facepalms- , since August 7, 2010.

Avatar
A Fiendish Thingy
By the banks of her own lagoon
373 Posts
(Offline)
236
8 August 2010 - 7.42pm

Welcome! I am in love with your signature (the John quote)! a-hard-days-night-george-9

I'm in love, but I'm lazy.

Avatar
Dear Prudence
Coming down fast but miles above you.
1143 Posts
(Offline)
237
8 August 2010 - 8.04pm

Addie_1899 said:

Sunii said:

skye said:

Yeah, as long a people avoid ones like this, I think we'll be fine.


 
HEY! Bob Dylan is cool! But no, I wouldn't use it for this site.

 
Whooo..... that is crazy! Thanks for the link, I will give it a try!

skye said:

I wasn't complaining about the subject, just the seizure inducing medium. a-hard-days-night-george-7


I think it's pretty.

Dear Prudence

Giving you quality -Facepalms- , since August 7, 2010.

Avatar
Dear Prudence
Coming down fast but miles above you.
1143 Posts
(Offline)
238
8 August 2010 - 8.36pm

Joe said:

OK, I'll keep this brief as I have a new year party to sort out (happy new year to all, by the way, and I hope 2010 is just great!).

I'm Joe, and I made this site. I'm currently 33 (born April 1976). I live in a small village just outside Cardiff in Wales, though I'm English (I grew up in the lovely city of Bath). Work-wise I'm a website producer for a broadcasting company that will remain nameless here for now. I only really started The Beatles Bible because I hated my then boss and was deeply bored and looking for a new challenge.

My Beatles epiphany came, I think, in 1990, when my older brother played me A Day In The Life. I was at that age when everything your older sibling does carries automatic authority, and true to form, he was bang on the money - "Listen to this, it's brilliant," he said. After that I raided my parents' record collection for everything Beatles-related (I have about half the albums on 1960s vinyl, plus the first two fan club flexi-discs).

Since then I've always loved The Beatles, although there's plenty of other stuff I couldn't live without - David Bowie, Blondie, Pixies, Nirvana, Roxy Music, Patti Smith, Velvets etc. Nobody else in my family really loves them like I do, though my endlessly patient wife bought me The Beatles: Rock Band for Christmas and I think she's really starting to appreciate how great the songs are.

Like MJB I don't really do the memorabilia thing, but have loads of Beatles books. I do have an original Cavern Club membership card with the expiry date of December 1964 (I think) and some Beatles hair pomade. My uncle goes to rock auctions now and then to buy Hendrix stuff and he gave me those.

Anyway, that'll do for now. As I said, I have a party to arrange and it's already 6.30!


I dont understand, whats a pomade, Do you hate the British invasion like most people in England?

Dear Prudence

Giving you quality -Facepalms- , since August 7, 2010.

Avatar
skye
AZ
2252 Posts
(Offline)
239
8 August 2010 - 9.43pm

Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo! So little time! So much to know!

Avatar
Admiral Halsey
My mind
1 Posts
(Offline)
240
8 August 2010 - 11.00pm

Hey evryone Im new here 😀

I'm 15 and I too am obsessed with The Beatles... I haven't got much to say!

 

Sorry about my english .its not perfect

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
All RSS Show Stats

Administrators:
Joe
Ellie

Moderators:
Ahhh Girl
meanmistermustard
Zig
Joe

Top Posters:

Starr Shine?: 12288

Silly Girl: 8623

parlance: 7065

mr. Sun king coming together: 6429

Mr. Kite: 6131

trcanberra: 5856

Ron Nasty: 5562

Necko: 5470

mithveaen: 4618

AppleScruffJunior: 4056

Newest Members:

Sean

markus567r

herseydenvar2

JohnBeatle

Michael Varn

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 42

Topics: 4013

Posts: 227929

 

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 3637

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Pineapple Records, piggylane
41 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
Today: O Boogie
Upcoming: Amber1965