Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Introduce yourself to the forum!
19 June 2014
3.43am
Crinsk
Ringoes
The Indra
Members
Forum Posts: 44
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2301sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey all, I’m going by the name “Crinsk”.  I used to live in a town called Ringoes, no joke.  I “discovered” The Beatles in grade school when one of my teachers played a “history of rock n’ roll” video, and, I dunno, when I saw 4 young guys coming off a plane with long roundish hair and beautiful faces, with a backdrop of music I somehow already knew, that was it!

My earliest concrete Beatles memory is hearing Penny Lane – and realising it fully for the first time, hearing every sound and lyric – when I was about 4 or 5, on my way to the doctor, too sick and slumped down to see anything but blue suburban skies.  It made sense.  The song made me feel a lot better.

Once I heard more songs, I realised I knew them all along.  I got a library card, borrowed whatever CDs and books were available.  Soon I even knew trivia.  I tried out for Theatre and sang Yesterday .  Maybe that was too obvious.  But The Beatles really lifted me up.  I was into something that no one else was.  It was strange that one of my classmates had chosen to use “Here Comes The Sun ” for his video science project, and someone nudged me, and there was giggling.  I thought they were all making fun of me.  But years later someone told me that he had liked me and put the song in on purpose.  And in thinking about it… he asked me to dance at the school dance… but it never went anywhere.  Imagine a love kindled by The Beatles!

I went nuts when Anthology hit the scene.  “New” Beatles music in MY lifetime?  Wow.

My best friend got hooked on their music, too.  Somehow, her aunt got us tickets to a concert.  Not great seats, but I can proudly say that my very first concert was a Paul McCartney concert.  It was certainly a thrill.

I did a major artwork for my high school, and the Beatles and 60s influence is extremely obvious.  Last I saw, it’s still there!  I wore Beatles t-shirts almost every day then, when I wasn’t dressed up in my mock-60s clothes.  I was so into it.

In college I discovered a lot of new music and my best friend went away, and so did The Beatles.  I even visited Central Park with someone and very intentionally avoided the Imagine mosaic.  I wanted to graduate from Beatles.  Grow up.  I sold, tossed, or gave away all of my Beatles things, from clippings to records to toys.  Everything.  I have nothing left from that time.  And I’ve had to leave home, too.

As I need a little sunshine in my life right now, suddenly The Beatles popped into my head and got stuck again.  I’ve just been to see Rain , and I am slated for 2 upcoming events that I hope to talk about on this forum, amongst much more.  I’ve been devouring Beatles books as I can, finding CDs that have come out in my hiatus.  Of all things, at one of the places I work, a school kid left a folder behind.  Months passed and I decided it was time to chuck it.  But I looked inside for kicks and decided to read the juvenile version of “Time” that was inside, and… there was a little section on The Beatles, waiting for me.  I almost passed it by.  

It was a sign.  I am a reborn Beatles fan, today, on Sir Paul McCartney ‘s birthday.  It’s getting better.

The following people thank Crinsk for this post:

ScrambledEggs, Ahhh Girl, vonbontee

I like grapes!

19 June 2014
3.45am
Crinsk
Ringoes
The Indra
Members

Oh that’s very sad, it’s still June 18 here but my membership will forever say 19 June :(  I was going to ask, at some point, if this forum is based in England.  I didn’t notice I was late.

I like grapes!

19 June 2014
4.28am
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6147
2303sp_Permalink sp_Print

Crinsk said

Oh that’s very sad, it’s still June 18 here but my membership will forever say 19 June :(  I was going to ask, at some point, if this forum is based in England.  I didn’t notice I was late.

Still the 18th here too, you think it would register with the date in your time zone because you choose that when you sign up!

Great intro. Sorry you got rid of all your Beatley collection, but glad you’re back here with us, I’m sure you’ll enjoy the forum!

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love!
If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible:

Amazon | iTunes

19 June 2014
2.10pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22223

Greetings @StrawberryFieldsForever @Beatlesneverdie and @Crinsk I’m glad you folks have joined our merry forum. Let me know if there are any forum things I can help you with.

The server for the site is in the US, but Joe has the time for it set to his time zone.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

StrawberryFieldsForever
19 June 2014
2.12pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
2305sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello new people

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

StrawberryFieldsForever

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

19 June 2014
2.45pm
Beatleva
In my life
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 672
2306sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome @Crinsk!

Hope you’ll enjoy the forum!

Nice to see you have joined us on Paul’s birthday, such a beautiful day…

19 June 2014
3.35pm
thisbirdhasflown
Standing in the dock at Southhampton...
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1762
2307sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Crinsk It’s good to see you here to join us! I hope you’ll be able to enjoy it here and have a great time!

Cheers!

thisbirdhasflown

By hook or by crook, I'll be last in this book.

19 June 2014
6.11pm
StrawberryFieldsForever
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 833
2308sp_Permalink sp_Print

thank you @Ahhh Girl and everyone else who I havent mentioned ! 🙂 ahdn_paul_06

19 June 2014
6.22pm
thisbirdhasflown
Candlestick Park
Members
2309sp_Permalink sp_Print

StrawberryFieldsForever said
thank you @Ahhh Girl and everyone else who I havent mentioned ! 🙂 ahdn_paul_06

We really like having you here, @StrawberryFieldsForever ! There’s nothing to get hung about, so have fun!a-hard-days-night-john-6

The following people thank thisbirdhasflown for this post:

StrawberryFieldsForever

26 June 2014
7.54pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
2310sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome, @kristin170892! Hope you soon join our conversation. We really are a friendly bunch, I promise.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

Starr Shine?, thisbirdhasflown

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

26 June 2014
8.18pm
thisbirdhasflown
Candlestick Park
Members
2311sp_Permalink sp_Print

@kristin170892 It’s good to have you here! I hope you’ll enjoy the place and decide to stay!

thisbirdhasflown

1 July 2014
11.51pm
BlueJayFields
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 2
2312sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi! I joined this site a month ago but this is my first post. I thought I’d introduce myself. I’m almost 17 and I only got into the Beatles early this year. I’ve listened to every album and whatnot, it’s pretty much the only music I listen to now! So hi and stuff

1 July 2014
11.59pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
2313sp_Permalink sp_Print

BlueJayFields said
Hi! I joined this site a month ago but this is my first post. I thought I’d introduce myself. I’m almost 17 and I only got into the Beatles early this year. I’ve listened to every album and whatnot, it’s pretty much the only music I listen to now! So hi and stuff

Welcome aboard (and welcome to all the other recent joinees as well)  *wave*

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

2 July 2014
12.13am
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5445
2314sp_Permalink sp_Print

BlueJayFields said

“Well he was just/Sev-en-teen”…Welcome @BlueJayFields, good to have you here! Hope you brought your wallet, because you have to buy us all a drink after making your first post here! :D

That’s the rule, just ask @Crinsk if you don’t believe me. And btw, WELCOME CRINSK! Liked your intro.

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

2 July 2014
12.47am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
2315sp_Permalink sp_Print

BlueJayFields said and stuff

Hey welcome and stuff! brian-epstein Hope you have fun on this site

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

2 July 2014
1.11am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2316sp_Permalink sp_Print

BlueJayFields said

@BlueJayFields, I’m only a few months ahead of you on this quest to learn more about the Beatles. You’ve found the right place to do so. I’m glad you found us enough to your liking to start posting. Enjoy!

3 July 2014
1.22am
Crinsk
Ringoes
The Indra
Members
2317sp_Permalink sp_Print

@vonbontee uh the buying drinks thing will make me go broke, so you’ll have to take a Rain -check.  Got to save for AHDN this Friday, Paul this Saturday, and Beatlefest Chicago in August.  Money, that’s what I want.  Sentimentality doesn’t go far with most people but it amazingly did with you, so thank you for liking my storylike post.  I like my memories of this stuff. ahdn_george_05Thinking… remembering… losing myself in Beatley thought…

*snap* oh! Hi to all the new people and thanks to the established members for welcoming me in.  

The following people thank Crinsk for this post:

vonbontee

I like grapes!

3 July 2014
3.08am
JauntyMonty
Decca
Members
Forum Posts: 93

Hello everyone! I’ve gotten a few replies saying I should introduce myself, so here it goes!

I’m a Canadian living in America, and I have gotten really into – ok, OBSESSED with the Beatles around a few months ago. I might be a little slow on the whole Beatles train, but I wouldn’t say that’s too bad for a 13 year old girlie with Asian immigrant parents :).

The first songs I knew by the Beatles were probably “Hey Jude ” and “Here Comes The Sun “, but I didn’t know that it was sung by them and I got a real shocker when I found out. The first songs I heard that I knew by them were “Twist And Shout ” and “From Me To You “. Now I know they have WAAAYY much more to offer.

Now it’s time for favorites!!!! 

1. Favorite Song: Nowhere Man (catchy, relatable, and you can’t go wrong with la la las)
  2. Favorite Underrated Song: Martha My Dear  
  3. Favorite Hippie Song: Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds (but I Am The Walrus and Strawberry Fields Forever are great too. Wasn’t John Lennon just great?)
  4. Favorite Paul McCartney Granny Song: Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
  5. Favorite Album: Magical Mystery Tour (chock full of incredible songs!)
  6. Favorite Beatle: George Harrison  
  7. Favorite Movie: A Hard Day’s Night (though Yellow Submarine is a close one!)
  8. Favorite Facial Hair: Paul Mccartney’s Beard
  9. Favorite Haircut: Arthur! (which grew into incredible Jesus hair)
  10. Favorite Wife: Yoko Ono (haha, just kidding)

See you guys around! ;D

The following people thank JauntyMonty for this post:

Mr. Kite, vonbontee

"Something in the way she moves . . . attracts me like a pomegranate" - George Harrison

3 July 2014
3.14am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

@JauntyMonty

If this is a train, I’d say you are in a first class carriage (for starting so early in life) compared to me. I didn’t catch Beatlemania until I was 45.

Welcome on board. Enjoy the ride.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

JauntyMonty
3 July 2014
8.30am
Beatleva
In my life
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 672
2320sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome @BlueJayFields and @JauntyMonty! I hope you guys will enjoy the forum! 

By the way, @JauntyMonty, I am also 13 a-hard-days-night-ringo-10

The following people thank Beatleva for this post:

JauntyMonty
Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: wormz
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22223, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694