Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Introduce yourself to the forum!
6 May 2014
8.01am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2181sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome aboard new Beatles folks – great to see so many new posters in recent weeks – *wave*

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

6 May 2014
11.59am
TT454
Casbah Coffee Club
Members
Forum Posts: 17
2182sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello, my name’s Tom. I’ve joined this forum in an attempt to get back into The Beatles, excuse the pun. For about three years I’ve felt distanced from them due to the fact that I’m against drugs. Therefore, I’ve felt like a disgusting, idiotic hypocrite for enjoying them for so long because The Beatles wouldn’t have happened without drugs, and that’s sadly a fact that I had to accept. However, I’ve found that I miss them and their music, and I’ve come here to find drug-free Beatles fans who will help me feel less of an outcast and finally enjoy my childhood band again. I can’t be the only one online, surely. I just cannot be – and joining this forum will prove to me that I am not the only one.

Here’s a thread I made about this issue I have, and why it’s affected me. :(

https://www.beatlesbible.com/f…..s-anymore/

6 May 2014
2.32pm
Joe
Pepperland
Admin
Forum Posts: 5690
2183sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi Tom. Welcome to the forum.

Can buy me love! Please consider supporting the Beatles Bible on Amazon
Or buy my paperback/ebook! Riding So High – The Beatles and Drugs

Don't miss The Bowie Bible – now live!

6 May 2014
2.45pm
MrMoonlight
Alone in the clouds all blue...
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 832
2184sp_Permalink sp_Print

mWeber98 said
Ok, hi my name is Mimi. I am fifteen, I live in a small-ish town in Montana. I have been a devout Beatles fan for about two years now, all though I’ve always been a fan to some degree. My dad is a pretty big fan as well. I play guitar well, and a little bit of bass and piano. I have a Gretsch Electromatic, and its not a bad guitar, but I’m saving up for a vintage Grestch. Unfortunately not many people my age really care about the Beatles, and so in desperation to talk to some like minded people, I made an account on this site. 

So thats my story. 

Welcome to the forum! It’s always nice to meet new people in my age range who are fans of the Beatles – I don’t know many people outside of this site who are fans. I want to get a guitar myself, and as I’ve mentioned previously, to make a little tribute band. I just need to save up for a proper electric one! Once I’ve learnt the chords on a cheap acoustic, hopefully I’ll be able to save up for my birthday.

6 May 2014
2.46pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
2185sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi tom nice day it is today

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

6 May 2014
2.52pm
TT454
Casbah Coffee Club
Members
2186sp_Permalink sp_Print

Joe said
Hi Tom. Welcome to the forum.

Hi. :D

6 May 2014
3.14pm
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5447

Welcome to the forum, TT454 / Tom! :) You’ve certainly made a big splash with your very first thread.

If you stick around, you’ll find we’re a great bunch – even the handful of us who openly use recreational drugs! (While remaining productive members of society.)

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

6 May 2014
3.18pm
Beatleva
In my life
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 672
2188sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome to the forum @Mimi and @TT454!!!! I hope you’ll enjoy your time here at the forum!

I have been a member of this forum for only a month, and I’m already addicted to it (not in a bad way!!!)

And Tom, I hope you will get over your not-enjoying-The-Beatles-anymore. I myself am proud to say that I am a drug-free Beatle fan! But I am only 13… However, I have had the displeasure to have known people in my class who have taken drugs… I love the Beatles because of their music, not all  the things surrounding that. Of course they have their faults, like all human beings have! Just because John loved Yoko, it doesn’t mean I hate John and his music…

So, enjoy The Beatles!!!

The following people thank Beatleva for this post:

TT454
6 May 2014
3.24pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944
2189sp_Permalink sp_Print

Why would you hate John and his music because he loved Yoko?

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Beatleva

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

6 May 2014
3.32pm
TT454
Casbah Coffee Club
Members
2190sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beatleva said
Welcome to the forum @Mimi and @TT454!!!! I hope you’ll enjoy your time here at the forum!

I have been a member of this forum for only a month, and I’m already addicted to it (not in a bad way!!!)

And Tom, I hope you will get over your not-enjoying-The-Beatles-anymore. I myself am proud to say that I am a drug-free Beatle fan! But I am only 13… However, I have had the displeasure to have known people in my class who have taken drugs… I love the Beatles because of their music, not all  the things surrounding that. Of course they have their faults, like all human beings have! Just because John loved Yoko, it doesn’t mean I hate John and his music…

So, enjoy The Beatles!!!

Thank you so much, Beatleva. <3 I am on my way to rediscovering the Beatles again.

The following people thank TT454 for this post:

Beatleva
6 May 2014
3.42pm
Beatleva
In my life
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 672
2191sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
Why would you hate John and his music because he loved Yoko?

Well I don’t know… It was just an example. There might be people who think like that, I’m not one of them, though. But anyway we’re getting a bit off topic…

6 May 2014
5.47pm
Von Bontee
Apple rooftop
Members
2192sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello to you, btw, Beatleva! :)

I don’t greet nearly enough people on this thread. I really should check it more than every coupla of months or so.

The following people thank Von Bontee for this post:

Beatleva

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

6 May 2014
7.38pm
Mimi
Left of greenland
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
Forum Posts: 480
2193sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
You’ve come to the right place, Mimi. We will talk your ears off about the Beatles.

Poke around in the various threads/conversations. Let me know if I can help you on your forum adventure.

Would you like for us to call you Mimi or mWeber98?

No real preference. I think I’ll just change my user name anyway

We were just trying to write songs about prostitutes and lesbians

6 May 2014
7.43pm
Mimi
Left of greenland
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
2194sp_Permalink sp_Print

MrMoonlight said

mWeber98 said
Ok, hi my name is Mimi. I am fifteen, I live in a small-ish town in Montana. I have been a devout Beatles fan for about two years now, all though I’ve always been a fan to some degree. My dad is a pretty big fan as well. I play guitar well, and a little bit of bass and piano. I have a Gretsch Electromatic, and its not a bad guitar, but I’m saving up for a vintage Grestch. Unfortunately not many people my age really care about the Beatles, and so in desperation to talk to some like minded people, I made an account on this site. 

So thats my story. 

Welcome to the forum! It’s always nice to meet new people in my age range who are fans of the Beatles – I don’t know many people outside of this site who are fans. I want to get a guitar myself, and as I’ve mentioned previously, to make a little tribute band. I just need to save up for a proper electric one! Once I’ve learnt the chords on a cheap acoustic, hopefully I’ll be able to save up for my birthday.

I tried to make a tribute band. It was doing ok, but bands can fall apart really easily, especially high school bands. I’m getting more interested in bass though. I think I want to be solid at both of them. Hopefully by my next birthday I’ll be able to afford a hofner.

6 May 2014
8.52pm
Von Bontee
Apple rooftop
Members
2195sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello Mimi! (And goodbye mWeber98.) :) Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have good taste in guitars!

6 May 2014
9.16pm
The Lost Beatle
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 208
2196sp_Permalink sp_Print

´My Name Is Salvador And I Born In Cadiz,Spain. I Like Beach Boys , But In 2012 (With 10 Years Old) I Discovered This Group.

I Got Much Discs. I Like The Get Back Sessionsneil-aspinall

From The Cavern To Candlestick Park
And From Sgt Pepper To Break Up

6 May 2014
9.23pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
2197sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome have a happy day!

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

The Lost Beatle

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

6 May 2014
10.57pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198
2198sp_Permalink sp_Print

@The Lost Beatle , we are glad you found The Beatles and us.

Rock on!

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

The Lost Beatle
10 May 2014
7.35pm
Mimi
Left of greenland
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
2199sp_Permalink sp_Print

primadonna paul said
‘ello! i uh… i have to admit i’m not very good with introductions. i suppose i’ll start with my name. i go by a nickname; beanie. though, my birth name is emily. don’t call me that unless you want to be despised for life, haha. i currently am 15 years old and run a few beatle blogs on instagram and tumblr. i was introduced to the beatles about 4 or 5 years ago. the first song i’ve ever heard was “I Want To Hold Your Hand “. i remember the excitement from the first few notes and how much i adored their voices and their hyperactivity throughout concerts and i simply fell in love with all four boys. i have been for 5 years now! currently, my favorite beatle is paul. i am in love with his sweet voice and cute little puppy dog face and i could go on for hours just how much he means to me. my favorite album is probably Beatles For Sale , Please Please Me , help!, or meet the beatles. as for favorite song, i just like to say i love at least a few songs off every album, so those could count as my favorites (right?). my favorite movie is a hard days night. they are so young there and it just makes my heart so happy ?. other than the beatles, i am into alternative sub-genres and singers such as lana del rey, lorde, marina and the diamonds, etc. and shockingly enough, i am also into today’s pop such as miley cyrus, lady gaga, and one direction. i probably lost your interest in me there hm? i recently joined this site just to see what it was all about, and to see if i could make any new beatle buddies. i’m very bad at talking to new people due to my anxiety problems but i know just how easy it is to talk about something you love! i could talk about the beatles for hours on end. anyways- sorry if this all comes out as cliche AND sorry this was so long. i cannot wait to interact w/ other members!  cheers!xxa-hard-days-night-paul-7

You have no how happy I am to read your post, because I’m fifteen too! And completely in love with Paul, so I know exactly what you mean about wanting to go on for hours about him, and the first song that got me interested in the Beatles was I wanna hold your hand, AND my favorite album is Beatles For Sale .

I’m not exaggerating at all. Everything you said in your post was eerily similar to my history with the Beatles haha

10 May 2014
7.44pm
Mimi
Left of greenland
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
2200sp_Permalink sp_Print

LSDTripper said
Hi everybody ! I’m Andrea, I’m 15, I live in Belgium but my Mother is from England so english is’nt a problem I think( excuse me if there’s some mistakes) All my life since I was in my mom’s belly is about the Bealtes, I always knew they were there as the best band ever, but it really made me something when I starded understanding all those beautiful meanings. I remember 5 or 6 years ago my parents who always sung the bealtes to me, offered me The Beatles Rock Band game for Christmas, I remember I played a looooot but those 4 guys didn’t really make me something( exept making me happy and make me sing all day long ) until I sang to communicate with an American exchange student, Yellow Submarine … That’s when I really fell in love with them because everybody knows The Beatles and their most popular music so with my piano I began to play like them. And I sang and sang Yellow Submarine , I began to listen to every album and to every album and I related to them. And so every day I come up with an another song to sing with my friends. I loved so much to play them, and singing them to people that I couldn’t just do piano( even if my teacher said : Don’t do guitar you’ll lose piano ! ) I bought a guitar, and with my large music knowledge ( god bless my old piano teacher who’s the last in Belgium teaching the good old way haha ! academy has changed here no more exercices ! ) I learned by myself. And I converted my friends to the good side of music(everybody knows The Bealtes but do they know the real thing behind, the meanings ?) and 2/3 month after, I formed my band, we played so many beatles songs that we discovered the HUGE thing behind and I fell in love with Psychedelism. So I started to open my playing repertoire to more things( I don’t only listen to the beatles but I like to play only them and some good 50s/60s old rock’n’roll !) My band and I are lost, I’m kind of good at school but they aren’t really ( they always think like : if we don’t succeed in music what am I going to do ?, i’m like : Don’t you know it’s gonna be, Allright ! )  That how I looked back and realised that I was kind of alone in my Bealte sense of life. Everybody in my school listen to the beatles cause they listen to me and I’m like the Beatles prophet haha. And they like, love, even play them sometimes but I don’t think they live in like me. Now I write music, it’s my life you know, in June I’ll play my first payed gig at a village festival. I don’t know if I’m the only one but seriously if the Beatles weren’t there, I don’t know what I’ll be doing right know and what I’ll be doing with my life. 

After this long presentation( not even sure it’s one haha) I’d like to say that I don’t really have a favourite song am I the only one ? It’s like they are different bands on every different album ! They work is amazing. I love the four Liverpool lads playing in Hamburg as much as the 4 grown up guys playing on the top of a roof passing by the the moptops. How could you prefer one song to an other one haha ?. Of course there’s some song that have a lot more meanings for me and I kind of like them more but I can’t choose.

If I could choose my birthdate it defenetly be in the 40s to live at the bealtes time and to have some real music to listen.

I think I’ll finish writing now this was so long.Good Day (Sunshine) to everybody. I’m happy to be here. Peace and Love I send All My Loving to you.

Andrea 

I’m 15 too. And that was a great pun-filled introduction by the way. I was in a band playing early Beatles and late fifties rock and roll, but unfortunately it fell apart, so I am working on starting another one. and I was self taught on guitar also. 

So anyway welcome to the forum. Ive never met anyone from belgium (’til there was you) 

The following people thank Mimi for this post:

LSDTripper

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Filipe
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690