Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Introduce yourself to the forum!
12 February 2014
1.48pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2041sp_Permalink sp_Print

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
Oh right. Knew I was missing someone. 

Kermy, for all your Paul needs, see LongHairedLady, Ahhh Girl, Hey Trud, and sky999. 

Beatleneard you mean. 

12 February 2014
9.39pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842
2042sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sky999 said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
Oh right. Knew I was missing someone. 

Kermy, for all your Paul needs, see LongHairedLady, Ahhh Girl, Hey Trud, and sky999. 

Beatleneard you mean. 

Yes, yes I do.

*hem hem* (cue Geoff Emerick) Post, Take 3

BeatleNerd, for all your Paul needs, see LongHairedLady, Ahhh Girl, Hey Trud, and sky999.

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

13 February 2014
2.49pm
Matt Busby
In the town where I was born
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 932
2043sp_Permalink sp_Print

Joe said
OK, I’ll keep this brief as I have a new year party to sort out (happy new year to all, by the way, and I hope 2010 is just great!).

I’m Joe, and I made this site. I’m currently 33 (born April 1976). I live in a small village just outside Cardiff in Wales, though I’m English (I grew up in the lovely city of Bath). Work-wise I’m a website producer for a broadcasting company that will remain nameless here for now. I only really started The Beatles Bible because I hated my then boss and was deeply bored and looking for a new challenge.

Hi Joe!  So we have you to blame for this?  I personally think that boss you hated is due a promotion if this came out of his managerial style!  I’m new here (as you can see I still haven’t got the quoting all the way down yet!), and just want to say this place is pretty damn cool.  Thanks for getting it started and presumably managing it since.

-Mike

Half of what I say is meaningless...

I feel good in a special way, I'm in love and it's a sunny day

BeatlesBible.com earns royalties if you use these links when shopping: Amazon | iTunes

13 February 2014
8.50pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
2044sp_Permalink sp_Print

Haha, it’s fantastic looking at that. 

“I hope 2010 is just great!” Old posts rule.

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

15 February 2014
8.26pm
Matt Busby
Shea Stadium
Members

Hi.  I’m the member formerly know as kermy, who finally (after literally hours of trying) found a beatles-related display name that wasn’t taken.  i’ll sign my posts with both names for awhile so people hopefully won’t get confused.

BeatlesBible.com earns royalties if you use these links when shopping: Amazon | iTunes

15 February 2014
8.32pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
2046sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ah, well, welcome again :)

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

15 February 2014
11.24pm
Matt Busby
Shea Stadium
Members
2047sp_Permalink sp_Print

Alissa said
I was just thinking about doing the same thing! Having a little thread dedicated to getting to know the regulars on the site, and I assume this is for everyone to post on, so here goes. It may be extremely long, but bear with me!

And the rest, as they say, is history. I listen to them everyday, and I can’t remember the last day I skipped listening to them at least once a day (I’m keeping a semi-subconscious tally!)

Welcome Alissa! I just started here last week.  My advice is, take your time, and if you post a problem you’re having, I (if I know the answer) or more likely Ahhh Girl will help you through it.  The people here are really nice and helpful, but it was hard for me to get my head around this whole site (it still isn’t) 

Although I’m a 51 yo man, my story is similar to yours.  My dad was into the beatles, so they are the first music i remember hearing, and i liked them back then.  in my teen years i went through a few different phases, and then in my 20s and 30s I was just so darn busy I couldn’t keep up with my music as well as I’d like (i’m really, really into music).  For example we had 4 kids in my 30s, so needless to say…for that decade, since I was married to an extended family (yes, married to the whole family – a mixed blessing – who lived in BLoomington, IN, USA, where John Mellencamp lives, so we mostly listened to him.  I was sick much of my 40s and wallowed in my standards from my party days (Neil Young, Dire Straits, Elton John, Grateful Dead, Rolling Stones, James Taylor – ok enough!).  But anyway…in the last year I’ve bought at least 500usd worth of beatles stuff…the anthology dvd set, the anthology cds, the bbc cds, the mono full set+ (without one that was only released in stereo i think – the one the ‘rate the albums’ thread everyone rated worst) white box set :), etc.  I haven’t even gotten it all listened to yet!  And I’ve only watched Anthology once!  For the past year it’s been a serious obsession.  Not just “some” beatles every day – about 90% beatles altogether! so much new stuff, all their old stuff, got all these bootleg/semi official released stuff…i digress.  I’m sure you’ll like it here, these people are very informed.

15 February 2014
11.45pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
2048sp_Permalink sp_Print

MattBusby said

Alissa said
I was just thinking about doing the same thing! Having a little thread dedicated to getting to know the regulars on the site, and I assume this is for everyone to post on, so here goes. It may be extremely long, but bear with me!

And the rest, as they say, is history. I listen to them everyday, and I can’t remember the last day I skipped listening to them at least once a day (I’m keeping a semi-subconscious tally!)

Welcome Alissa! I just started here last week.  My advice is, take your time, and if you post a problem you’re having, I (if I know the answer) or more likely Ahhh Girl will help you through it.  The people here are really nice and helpful, but it was hard for me to get my head around this whole site (it still isn’t) 

Although I’m a 51 yo man, my story is similar to yours.  My dad was into the beatles, so they are the first music i remember hearing, and i liked them back then.  in my teen years i went through a few different phases, and then in my 20s and 30s I was just so darn busy I couldn’t keep up with my music as well as I’d like (i’m really, really into music).  For example we had 4 kids in my 30s, so needless to say…for that decade, since I was married to an extended family (yes, married to the whole family – a mixed blessing – who lived in BLoomington, IN, USA, where John Mellencamp lives, so we mostly listened to him.  I was sick much of my 40s and wallowed in my standards from my party days (Neil Young, Dire Straits, Elton John, Grateful Dead, Rolling Stones, James Taylor – ok enough!).  But anyway…in the last year I’ve bought at least 500usd worth of beatles stuff…the anthology dvd set, the anthology cds, the bbc cds, the mono full set+ (without one that was only released in stereo i think – the one the ‘rate the albums’ thread everyone rated worst) white box set :), etc.  I haven’t even gotten it all listened to yet!  And I’ve only watched Anthology once!  For the past year it’s been a serious obsession.  Not just “some” beatles every day – about 90% beatles altogether! so much new stuff, all their old stuff, got all these bootleg/semi official released stuff…i digress.  I’m sure you’ll like it here, these people are very informed.

Interesting fact: Alissa hasn’t visited this forum since 7 September 2010. ahdn_ringo_09

If you click on a person’s name or avatar it’ll show you a profile where you can see that. I’d say to not respond to a post unless it’s in the last 2 pages, just as a general rule. 

21 February 2014
7.40pm
Beatlegurl2004
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 4
2049sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi! I’m kathy otherwise known as beatlegurl 2004. I’ve been a beatles fan for a little over fifty years. I’ve gone to fest for beatles fans for the past ten years. I’ve meet a lot of interesting ppl there. I collect a lot f beatlely stuff. I even have the first pressing of introducing the beatles from way back when. The record s not in good shape but the cover is. It still bears the pricetag of $2.49  from Sears. Lol  My fave beatle is John, but I love all four Beatles.I’ve seen paul in concert twice. He does a great show with a lot of appreciation for John and George. Am just hoping my little grandson will be a Beatles fan, too in due time. This looks like a fun forum. I hope to get to all of you here. : )

21 February 2014
7.43pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
2050sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome, Kathy. Dive straight in, this place is as fun as it looks! :)

I even have the first pressing of introducing the beatles from way back when. The record s not in good shape but the cover is. It still bears the pricetag of $2.49  from Sears.

Nice apple01

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

22 February 2014
2.30am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22227
2051sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome, Kathy. Glad you’ve added us to your Beatles fandom world. Here’s hoping your grandson takes after his grandmother music-wise :-)

22 February 2014
4.46am
Beatlegurl2004
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 4
2052sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks! I appreciate the kind words. And please excuse the typos. : )

22 February 2014
1.11pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22227

Beatlegurl2004 said
Thanks! I appreciate the kind words. And please excuse the typos. : )

I just had this thought. Hopefully, one day your grandson will love The Beatles as much as you, and he can become the guardian of your precious record.

22 February 2014
2.48pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
2054sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beatlegurl2004 said
Hi! I’m kathy otherwise known as beatlegurl 2004. I’ve been a beatles fan for a little over fifty years. I’ve gone to fest for beatles fans for the past ten years. I’ve meet a lot of interesting ppl there. I collect a lot f beatlely stuff. I even have the first pressing of introducing the beatles from way back when. The record s not in good shape but the cover is. It still bears the pricetag of $2.49  from Sears. Lol  My fave beatle is John, but I love all four Beatles.I’ve seen paul in concert twice. He does a great show with a lot of appreciation for John and George. Am just hoping my little grandson will be a Beatles fan, too in due time. This looks like a fun forum. I hope to get to all of you here. : )

First of all, it’s incredible that you have that record. Wow.

On the pricing thing, it’s hilarious. My dad payed $4.50 for an import of With the Beatles somewhere in the 70s. Sgt. Pepper ‘s has a $0.50 tag on it. FIFTY CENTS!!! The cheapest albums on iTunes are $7.99 now. I get inflation, but it’s still pretty hilarious

22 February 2014
3.11pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
2055sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beatlegurl2004 said
Hi! I’m kathy otherwise known as beatlegurl 2004. I’ve been a beatles fan for a little over fifty years. I’ve gone to fest for beatles fans for the past ten years.

Welcome, Kathy! I’m in such awe of anyone who’s been loyal all this time.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

22 February 2014
6.11pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Beatlegurl2004 said

On the pricing thing, it’s hilarious. My dad payed $4.50 for an import of With the Beatles somewhere in the 70s. Sgt. Pepper ‘s has a $0.50 tag on it. FIFTY CENTS!!! The cheapest albums on iTunes are $7.99 now. I get inflation, but it’s still pretty hilarious

Yip and for that $7.99 you get something you can’t hold, don’t actually own, is of poorer sound quality, and lose all the joy of taking it out of the sleeve and playing. Additionally its nowhere near the same looking at the artwork and reading the sleeve notes on the computer as in all its 12″ glory.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

22 February 2014
6.36pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
2057sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Beatlegurl2004 said

Yip and for that $7.99 you get something you can’t hold, don’t actually own, is of poorer sound quality, and lose all the joy of taking it out of the sleeve and playing. Additionally its nowhere near the same looking at the artwork and reading the sleeve notes on the computer as in all its 12″ glory.

And a lot of the albums don’t even have the liner notes. That’s pretty much just the Beatles. Other stuff has it, but not as extensively. And for some stuff, like Band On The Run you only get the liner notes if you buy the deluxe edition.

I buy stuff from iTunes a lot, the 256kbps is fine for me, but I always burn it to CD immediately. iTunes is convenient because I don’t have to go anywhere and I don’t have to wait for music. Also, syncing my iPod when I burn a CD takes forever and sometimes doesn’t work, so I prefer the iTunes Store because of the iCloud downloads, but I always like to have the hard copy too.  

24 February 2014
5.52am
Matt Busby
Shea Stadium
Members
2058sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beatlegurl2004 said

Welcome Kathy!  I am pretty new too.  The people here seem really cool and helpful, a couple have really helped me see the errors in some of my posts (as well as complimented me on a good point :).  I am in the middle of a multigenerational Beatles family – they were Dad’s fave group, they’re mine, and they are my 20yo son’s (he inherited the musical ear – my younger son likes hip hop *sigh* a-hard-days-night-george-10

That record is sweet!  Store it carefully! 

I saw Paul in 2013 myself.  Was the best concert I’ve ever been to (and I’ve been to a few).  320usd from a ticket reseller (face value was 225) but would have been worth it at twice the price.  Trying to amass the funds to see Ringo, he’ll be 2 hours from me this tour.

-Mike (alias MattBusby…dig it? a-hard-days-night-george-10

24 February 2014
6.04am
Matt Busby
Shea Stadium
Members
2059sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Beatlegurl2004 said
shape but the cover is. It still bears the pricetag of $2.49  from Sears. Lol  My fave beatle is John, but I

What was the price on the Shea concert – 6.50 usd or something?  Granted it was for a half hour of screaming, but still… for decent seats (50m from the stage maybe?) seats to see paul. face value of the tickets was 225 usd, if you were lucky enough to get them from ticketmaster and not a reseller.  Even Buddy Guy was like 70 bucks (and worth it in today’s market) – he had an amazing 14 yo guitar prodigy – Quinn Sullivan I believe…check him out on youtube.  But I digress…

6 March 2014
8.16am
C.R.A.
Land of the Rising Sun
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 509
2060sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
Welcome, Steve. Glad you’ve made the leap from being a guest at the BB forum house to full-fledged member status. I’m glad you have found the information at this site worthwhile enough to hook up with us formally. We look forward to your contribitions to the converstions.

I’m sorry, I never got around to thanking you for the welcome!

Been slowly trying to ingratiate myself since this, realizing I have bones to earn.  But it’s fun and there are a lot of knowledgeable people here.  I’m glad I took the leap!

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: KyleKartan
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22227, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694