Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
24 December 2022
4.00pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22238
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
14561sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ohhh Boy, Sacher Torte, and I drove to Ahhh Mom’s yesterday. This is Ohhh Boy’s first vacation in quite a while.

When Ahhh Mom’s phone plays “I read the news today ohhh boy” she knows it is my husband calling her. a-hard-days-night-john-6

For those new to the Forum, Ohhh Boy and Ahhh Mom are the nicknames Forumpudlians gave to my family. They aren’t members on the Forum. 

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Richard, Beatlebug, Rube
27 December 2022
12.07pm
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2146
14562sp_Permalink sp_Print

Back to work tomorrow, but it’s for three days. Then I get three days off with the weekend and New Years Day. Not too bad.

The following people thank Timothy for this post:

Rube

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

3 January 2023
6.39am
KyleKartan
Germany
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 386
14563sp_Permalink sp_Print

The past Days have been very busy but I just want to say: HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY! paul-mccartney-thumb_gifahdn_john_08_gifa-hard-days-night-george-10a-hard-days-night-ringo-15

The following people thank KyleKartan for this post:

Neely, Rube, Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug

For the Benefit of Mr. Kyle

3 January 2023
6.49am
Neely
Memphis, Tennessee
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
Forum Posts: 448
14564sp_Permalink sp_Print

This very moment I am listening to a John Lennon and Yoko Ono interview, browsing this forum, and laying in bed.

In general I’ve been struggling to write music, I’m going to be in the studio in a couple months so I’ve got to step it up. If any of you have song ideas let me know.. I will give you writing credits lol. Please help, writers block sucks and I’ve been in it for a while now.

Other than that my life is okay. My honor band at a university got cancelled and so did my indoor winds show so now I have no excuse to not do music outside of school. Although I really want to make my 99% score in music theory a 100% It bothers me 99% just isn’t good enough!!

The following people thank Neely for this post:

Sea Belt, Beatlebug
10 January 2023
11.06pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
14565sp_Permalink sp_Print

I stop for annual leave on Sunday. Eight days and nights off.

Christmas Memes & GIFs to Laugh At in 2018 | HypebaeImage Enlarger

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Richard, Rube, Beatlebug

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

10 January 2023
11.50pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
14566sp_Permalink sp_Print

From that gif you posted, @meanmistermustard, looks like you’re going to look for that key to the liquor cabinet in the mod office. LOL

Richard, Rube, meanmistermustard, Beatlebug
11 January 2023
11.02pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
14567sp_Permalink sp_Print

I love that gif and the Grinch.

Ahhh Girl

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

14 February 2023
9.38am
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3761
14568sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello everyone – been a while since I was last around these parts! john-lennon-salute_gif

I was trying to decide on an album to listen to whilst doing some work this morning and ended up picking the White Album , which made me think of the Fab Forum. I hope you’re all doing well – I’m keeping nicely myself, having graduated from university last summer and now already halfway through a master’s course paul-mccartneyStrange to think it’s been over six years since I first signed up to this little forum, it feels like just yesterday! 

The following people thank QuarryMan for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, Rube

I've been up on the mountain, and I've seen his wondrous grace,
I've sat there on the barstool and I've looked him in the face.
He seemed a little haggard, but it did not slow him down,
he was humming to the neon of the universal sound. 

14 February 2023
2.40pm
Neely
Memphis, Tennessee
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
14569sp_Permalink sp_Print

My life has gotten better since the last update. And I have a 100 in Music Theory II now.

I can write songs now all of a sudden. Also, I was able to join the High School’s Jazz Band because I’m the only guitar player in the school. I am also in middle school jazz band. Our concert band also had a concert last night (I play flute) I am getting a Les Paul and a Jazz Bass soon which I am pretty excited about. I do have a math exam today so that kind of worries me. I have an 79 in World Geography and I am NOT happy with that.

We got a new piece this morning in middle school jazz, it’s Birdland. It’s pretty easy, I just had to learn where the notes were on the fretboard and then I could do it by ear. I play bass in middle school jazz.

We also got a new piece yesterday in High School Jazz, High Speed Pursuit. It is at 308bpm! I play guitar for them. 

Basically my entire life is school and music. I personally love it. 

Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, Richard, QuarryMan, Rube
14 February 2023
11.11pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
14570sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome back @QuarryMan!!! john-lennon-salute_gif

Congrats in advance on the new musical acquisitions @Neely, new gear is always SO fun a-hard-days-night-george-9beatlemaniacs_02_gif

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

Neely, QuarryMan, Rube

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

15 February 2023
12.43am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
14571sp_Permalink sp_Print

Tired-of-it GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Beatlebug, Sea Belt

15 February 2023
5.25am
BeatlesDrummer
The Internet
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 6
14572sp_Permalink sp_Print

Nothing much with me, still playing drums and still sucking at math.

16 year old drummer who listens to the Beatles. I started listening to them in early 2022. I am also a Chuck E. Cheese fan too! (sorry the pic is sideways lol, it's my drumset)IMG-0412.jpg

15 February 2023
3.44pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
14573sp_Permalink sp_Print

BeatlesDrummer said
Nothing much with me, still playing drums and still sucking at math.

I’m much older than you so I’ve had a lot longer to suck at math than you have, @BeatlesDrummer. Sorry to let you know it doesn’t get easier. Have an apple to help console yourself apple01

Beatlebug, Rube
16 February 2023
1.47am
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
14574sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just got promoted to Lead at work. I’m getting a three-dollar raise effective tomorrow, with another three-dollar raise coming in the spring/summer. In the past year, I have gotten nearly six dollars worth of raises. This makes me so happy because I worry a little less about finances. 

The following people thank Necko for this post:

Richard, meanmistermustard, QuarryMan, Ahhh Girl, sigh butterfly

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

17 February 2023
11.02pm
Neely
Memphis, Tennessee
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
14575sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have half of a song written and then inspiration died out. I keep trying to add verses to the song but then they end up sucking. BUT, the song is too good to throw away. So I have an unfinished song. and it still f-cking sucks

Here’s what I have:

Everywhere you go
it’s all the same
All of the fortunate
who didn’t work a day

Look out my window
just to see the sky
“No need to cry
it’s all going to be alright”

Sea Belt, Beatlebug, sigh butterfly, Rube
17 February 2023
11.27pm
Sea Belt
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 976
14576sp_Permalink sp_Print

Neely said
I have half of a song written and then inspiration died out. I keep trying to add verses to the song but then they end up sucking. BUT, the song is too good to throw away. So I have an unfinished song. and it still f-cking sucks

Here’s what I have:

Everywhere you go
it’s all the same
All of the fortunate
who didn’t work a day

Look out my window
just to see the sky
“No need to cry
it’s all going to be alright”

One of the most common questions people ask songwriters — do you write the lyrics first, or the music first?  For me, 99% of the time I get the music down, then I try to think up lyrics to go with whatever melody I’ve already developed out of the chords.  I’ve had one song I can’t finish for years because I forgot what the melody was! I wrote down the chords but I just can’t get the melody back — I’ve tried dozens of times.  Should have recorded it!

The following people thank Sea Belt for this post:

Beatlebug, sigh butterfly, QuarryMan, Rube

Now today I find, you have changed your mind

18 February 2023
12.01am
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
14577sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

For many years I would start with lyrics, then set them to music. I’ve written poetry pretty much since I can remember, so that’s probably why lyric-writing seemed more approachable at first. However, in recent months, I’ve found myself starting with melodies much more often, and I can’t say I don’t like the results. I think only time will tell which approach becomes my go-to, or whether it will just depend on the type of song I want to write.

Regardless, when I start writing a song, I try to pretty much finish it in one sitting because if I don’t, the inspiration will evaporate and chances are, I’ll never revisit it again… a-hard-days-night-paul-7

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

sigh butterfly, Neely, Richard, QuarryMan, Rube

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

18 February 2023
1.22am
Neely
Memphis, Tennessee
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
14578sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sea Belt said  One of the most common questions people ask songwriters — do you write the lyrics first, or the music first?  For me, 99% of the time I get the music down, then I try to think up lyrics to go with whatever melody I’ve already developed out of the chords.  I’ve had one song I can’t finish for years because I forgot what the melody was! I wrote down the chords but I just can’t get the melody back — I’ve tried dozens of times.  Should have recorded it!

I usually craft the chord progression and melody. Then I sing it over and over and eventually I’ll replace “ooohhh” and “ahhh” with actual words. I record my writing process into a tape. In said tape, I talk about what the lyrics mean, music theory stuff, and develop ideas for me to listen back to later.

Richard, Beatlebug, Sea Belt, QuarryMan, Rube
18 February 2023
4.24am
Sea Belt
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 976
14579sp_Permalink sp_Print

Neely said

Sea Belt said  One of the most common questions people ask songwriters — do you write the lyrics first, or the music first?  For me, 99% of the time I get the music down, then I try to think up lyrics to go with whatever melody I’ve already developed out of the chords.  I’ve had one song I can’t finish for years because I forgot what the melody was! I wrote down the chords but I just can’t get the melody back — I’ve tried dozens of times.  Should have recorded it!

I usually craft the chord progression and melody. Then I sing it over and over and eventually I’ll replace “ooohhh” and “ahhh” with actual words. I record my writing process into a tape. In said tape, I talk about what the lyrics mean, music theory stuff, and develop ideas for me to listen back to later.

Nowadays I try to record anytime I “finish” a song. Not only do I play it all the way through, I also describe on the tape all the chords and riffs — “okay here you go from A7 to Bm7 bridging with that James Taylor chord” — in case I will forget later (I’m usually not able to replicate something musical by ear, I need it explained or written down).  That James Taylor chord is a handy chord:  just do A7 not barred, but instead of having the open A string be the bass, you press on Bb for the bass.  It’s notated in some books as A7?

The following people thank Sea Belt for this post:

Beatlebug, sigh butterfly

Now today I find, you have changed your mind

20 February 2023
8.30pm
Neely
Memphis, Tennessee
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
14580sp_Permalink sp_Print

THAT CHORD IS AWESOME!!

Beatlebug, sigh butterfly
Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Richard
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
NJtoTX, seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22238, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694